Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I love talking about/looking at pictures of ones I'll never have while on the internet.

Err, we're still talking about pairs of designer jorts, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Yes. Oh hell yes.

E: Looks like that's Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top's Cadzzilla, done by Boyd Coddington. Time to add a new wallpaper to the rotation.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 3, 2013

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Boyd, at one time, was a great hot rod builder. After his shop started getting on magazine covers, he either had the work farmed out or had his in-house employees do the deed. That's where Chip Foose got his start. Chezoom and Cadzilla were of this period, and while he did do some of the work himself, this was the start of his transition to businessman. Anything after this period he probably didn't touch personally.

It's sad that my first real exposure to the Coddington/Foose style of hot rod builds were the awful TV shows with them yelling at their respective shops about deadlines or whatever's this week's drama.

I really need to play NFS: Porsche Unleashed again.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

With luxury cars I take the 'who's line is it anyway' approach: the numbers are made up and the letters don't matter. As long as you can still look down on anyone with a smaller number on the back, of course.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 16, 2013

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I really want to hear that thing on a top speed run.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

JPEGs don't do that car justice, you gotta hear the youtubes.

gently caress, it's like an air raid siren on wheels.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

TrueChaos posted:

I absolutely love the interior on these too.

Everything driver focused, easy to access. gently caress the passenger.

Hey, the passenger gets a vent and some oh-poo poo handles. That should be all they need anyway.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

OdinAllfather posted:

Rapping car dealer in the year of our lord, 2014.

Of course it's a Mitsubishi dealership.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Needs more spikes:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This guy owns one, and he probably isn't a drug dealer.
:circlefap:

I would rather own this than any super/hypercar made in the last 10 years, P1/ZR1/918 included. Call the police I don't give a gently caress.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Left Ventricle posted:

It's a Celebrity wagon, but still. :colbert:

This generation of GM wagons was amazing. My dad had an Oldsmobile Cutlass with the 3.3 I believe, very little rust or trademark GM decay for its age. 30mpg reliably, more space than some full size SUVs, plus the holy trinity: bench seats, column shift and a rear facing back seat. Unfortunately a combination of a careless Prius driver tweaking the bumper, no heat and a temperamental starter meant its service ended at just over 200k miles.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

I don't care if it's a POS (even had an automatic) but it looks like the best Corvette ever.

It's got popup headlights, side pipes and white lettering on the tires. I don't care if it's got an Iron Duke and a CVT, it's still great.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Tactical Bonnet posted:

Don't litter, folks.

Real superheroes don't wear capes.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

xzzy posted:

Maybe I'm an idiot but I fail to see the connection between some fancy engine oil and towing power.

It's a fun contest, though the editing is pretty sketchy and leaves me thinking the actual results aren't what they showed in the video. Once the truck's tires started sliding it should have been game over, right?

I loved it since it's such a contrast to the usual bro-dozer parking lot truck pulls. Hardhats! Safety disconnects! Instrumentation! Nobody in that video was even related!

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 10, 2014

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Must be Clark Griswold's German counterpart.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Just don't try de-capping the injectors, it significantly reduces fuel delivery.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Pretty much anything American with a 3-speed auto and a carb for maximum misery. Preferably from the late 70s-early 80s, with vinyl seats and no A/C.

Or if the show is to be entertaining, any one of the many botched SBC/SBF swaps available on Craigslist with the goal of making it do a burnout mad skids by the end of the episode.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Probably the same reason the USPS still uses those shitheap LLVs, easier to deal with terrible economy than a more complicated (and expensive) machine. Although with the tanks you lose out on both...

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 14, 2016

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

xzzy posted:

I wonder if this violates any aerodynamic regulations.

http://i.imgur.com/tL9XcTA.gifv

The video's great too. OH HE HAS A SEAGULL...NOW HE DOESN'T!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6I29UlOZSo

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJBaruDcQq0

Insight shell? Check. SVX powertrain? Check. Crown victoria suspension? Check. Hearing protection? WHAT? SPEAK UP.

:psyduck:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

JFC where does he keep his balls when sitting?

(Legit scary poo poo esp towards the end of the run)

I live (somewhat) near Mt. Washington and have been up it in a rental car...at very slow speeds. If I was a passenger on that run I probably would have poo poo a hole through my pants.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I don't know about that one but this will always be my favorite, with the "death is certain" wizard as a close second.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

There was one guy around here (something Brazil?) with the plate "SLO RICE" which made its rounds to cars that were neither slow nor Japanese, I always found that funny.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I kinda wish MCM would do more "my crap car" videos, they don't even have to add commentary, I just want to see more glorious rolling Superfund sites like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ol8bzv-894

e: vvv Oh hey, it's one of my top 20 favorite songs of all time.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 21, 2018

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

xzzy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvwbBqNfcDA

gently caress I wish I still had my yaris, it was the same year/color as this one.

Hope he's got some skid plates underneath that poor thing.

More yaris love: http://www.subcompactculture.com/2017/05/subcompact-showcase-toyota-yaris.html

Wasn't there a guy around here that brought a Yaris to track days with a bunch of brake/suspension upgrades and good tires...or was that a Mazda 2?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Oh, thanks for reminding me, I'm almost out of raspberry preserves.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

This is...quite the collection. Not necessarily in size but certainly very unique and probably the kind of things I'd fill a garage with if I had many millions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99bBHALV37A

Two Dodge Demons, some Packards, some Ferraris, an Isetta covered in corks and a 6 wheeled van with a sick as hell paintjob.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I left out so much.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

If you have Amazon Prime and have not watched Sentosha: Battle Wheels, you really need to fix that...

Almost a live action Wacky Races.

I had no idea I needed this in my life until now.

e: Well, it does tend to meander a bit, especially in the first episode but it's not bad

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Sep 28, 2018

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I missed 69,000 miles a few weeks ago :negative:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Is that where you whip a length of chain with a brick on the end at the offending LED lightbar?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

"The perfect house doesn't ex-"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWytJviH3d0

:stare:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

The license plate is "SHTRS FULL" :v:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

Gonna be hilarious in like another 20 years when stupid poo poo like Dodge Magnums and Intrepids start becoming nostalgia cars.

"Hey Bob, how many transmissions has yours been through?" "Only 8, but the records are spotty around the 17th owner." "Nice, I've got a 10-trans with all original cigarette burns on the upholstery and a jar of engine sludge from the third engine rebuild." *whistles appreciatively* "That'll bring in the big dollars at Barret-Jackson."

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FPyaY_Rq-w

:discourse:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Yep, that one's going in the desktop wallpaper rotation.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/T4earQy.mp4

I know which one I trust to still work after a few years.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Is time for Duroplast to make the comeback, ja?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I love Saab's 3 spoke designs but I fully realize that's just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

stone soup posted:

i vividly remember the used one pops bought mom because not only did it make obnoxiously large plumes of blue oily smoke but the transmission had trouble engaging 1st gear letting the motor rev freely before abruptly catching, squealing the tires and jerking the whole van into gear. also the interior was a sea of red

Another flawless new car experience at McFuckles Chrysler Plymouth Dodge!