Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MrYenko posted:

My brain is in love with this, but the palm of my hand burst into flames.

You make it sound like that is a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

xzzy posted:

6 years worth of insurance cards, all of them still in their perforated sheet of paper. Gonna be a long time to filter through those to find the right one if I ever get pulled over.

lol, glad I'm not the only one. The recent one is still setting on my desk with probably ten expired in the glove box.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Heh. On our expedition (big SUV for those across the pond) the jack is inside a back cover in the rear. One day I decide I better check to make sure everything is there and there was a wrapped condom. The wife was not amused.

The truck had to be the gently caress wagon express.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

MrOnBicycle posted:

:barf: I would be cleaning the whole car 2 seconds after I found that.

Fakeedit: Remember that Top Gear episode with the convertible E30s?

I forgot what we ended up doing. I think I grabbed it with a pair of pliers and we probably Lysol'ed the whole SOB. Last year I was blowing leaves to my curb and noticed a condom wrapper in the pile. Probably from screwing in the park or something.

Another car I bought (twas my 5 speed SHO, RIP you glorious bastard) and for the first time after a few months had to use defrost. Wife was riding shotgun. As the windshield started fogging up the words "eat me!" appeared in front of her. Again she was not amused. I must buy vehicles from horny owners.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

wesleywillis posted:

SEXpedition.

lol. I'll have to bring that up in a conversation.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

They are bored and/or looking for cigarettes or other paraphernalia you might have.

The thing that pissed me off the most was they didn't have the courtesy to shut the glove box and it drained my battery. Besides having everything strewn throughout the interior.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Indiana made insurance a requirement for scooters and mopeds, effectively loving over all the DUIers who skirted the law.

Definitely cut them down. Been awhile since I've seen one.

Couple years ago I was standing in line at the liquor store. Basically a blizzard outside. In walks a guy with the biggest parka I've ever seen. Made the Michelin man look svelte. He buys a case beer.

Straps it to his scooter under his feet. Was probably nicely chilled by the time he made it home.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

xzzy posted:

The old mechanic's tale I've always heard is that an old car is more environmentally friendly than a new one because the old car already exists. So the extra gas you buy (and burn) is, in theory, offset by not having to run factories or make more plastic or pay an ocean freighter to deliver the car.

Not sure the concept scales (if every car from the 1970's was still on the road pollution would be an even bigger issue) but it does seem like there's a good argument for enthusiasts to continue to run whatever they want.

Yeah, imagine the environmental impacts if they did some tax deal trading in your perfectly good old car and then destroying them.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Battlebots went big.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Godholio posted:

I have stoplight conversations almost every day I drive the C2. Last night it was a guy in a late model Mustang who misses his 67 302. Last week it was a guy in a GT3 who misses his 68 Camaro. Ten minutes before that, it was a guy who misses his dad's 60-something Riviera.

Nobody wants to talk to someone in a late model Accord.

Probably one (out of a few) cool stoplight cars I've seen was a '69 Hemi GTX. Just driving it like it should be during the day.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Did they strap two Northstars together for that one?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Well from what I recall (and correct me if I'm wrong) the oval radio horeshit combined with A/C controls started something bad.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

madeintaipei posted:

16 cylinders, 6 oil pan gaskets. :magical:
I miss my Aurora, I don't miss paying for it.

Another few head bolts and a blown head gasket heads down the river as we shoot flaming arrows at it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

wesleywillis posted:

V16-14-12-10-8-6-4

lol, thought about that.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

BraveUlysses posted:

cant wait to take the wealth of whoever is tacky enough to buy this

Sorry, I attached mine with tungsten carbide security bolts.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Imagine in the future when buying a car and ready to sign...

Net cost of vehicle...$12,000
Clear coat protection...$500
Document Fees....$300
Ti Super Duper License frame...$1800

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Another General Lee in the background.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

McTinkerson posted:

Is it tax evasion or vehicle registration? Or both? It wasn't just taxes that made Montana the go to, is it?

The unlimited speed limit (while safe) during daylight hours.

edit: Should add, long gone but a race driver contested quite a ticket and won many moons ago.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Krakkles posted:

It's mostly the taxes. It can also be the "zero emissions/inspection" aspect of the registration, but it's mostly the taxes. This article claims on an exotic, this can easily amount to six figures.
Pretty sure that car has never been to Montana.

You are quite correct, talking about a different outcome of a different scenario. My apologies.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

StormDrain posted:

Reasonable and prudent has been gone since... 1999? Repealed for actual speed limits the same year I got my license there.

There's also no sales tax in Montana which states sometimes take on registration.

Reasonable and prudent was only during daylight.

Got to hand it to Big Sky Country.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Imperador do Brasil posted:

PA definitely does this and it’s horse poo poo. Why the gently caress should a 20 year old Mazda 626 still draw sales tax on its ninth owner?

Yeah, I know. At least in our state you can write "gift" for the price on the title and not be taxed. They only basically ask what your relationship is.

But boy they don't like refunding license plate fees/taxes.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Imperador do Brasil posted:

In PA they don’t even ask anymore about the relationship if you say gift, but you have to find a seller/buyer who is willing to go along. Just abolish the tax; most people skirt it somehow.

Sure. If I sell a car to someone that is worth a few grand I'll do a wink and write in $250. Granted, discretion is required.

Getting my $30 or $40 bucks back from a car I had licensed and tagged then hauled away was a fun one. Got the deer in headlight look at the BMV. Then I realized quite a few people don't ask for a refund on their taxes for vehicles let go.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Mustangs and Medians

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Nice to see they are testing more submarine prototypes.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I hope to hell those 2 doors have quality hinges.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Powershift posted:

The doors are factory, it's a MK V.

The doors on my MK IV are 5 feet long, weigh well over 100lbs a piece, open out to like 80 degrees.

She's got a wingspan.

So a couple drywall screws then?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Powershift posted:

Works for tie rod ends!

Heh. Family member had a 1970 or so Pontiac Grand Prix SJ. Orange/black. 400. As a kid it was the coolest loving car ever. And those doors ranked up there as well size wise. Was blown away with a console shift and the doors needed the straps so you could reach them.

Good times and she kicked rear end.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sad what happened to Bertone.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

This one always fascinated me as a kid.

If only they could have more Lambo designs...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Nuevo posted:

Possibly the best looking car ever.

Yes, the Miura ranks up easy in the top 5 of best looking cars of all time.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Ok, that's a legit beautiful tractor.

Yeah it is.

Random question, what's the JD that had an engine to start the main engine?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yes, pony start..thank you. And now I remember it was a 720 after you jogged my memory.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

wargames posted:

Porche tiger/ferdinand/elephant caught fire more often then a tesla. But atleast you can open the doors on those tanks when the vehicle catches fire.

And they had actual steering controls and stuff.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

um excuse me posted:

I'm the bump that'll rip the lip off.

It scoops up random dead squirrels/racoons/opossums along the way.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I honestly don't understand how I didn't know this existed.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

netwerk23 posted:

I believe that's the juvenile form. Once it matures and emerges from the chrysalis, it's much more majestic

I haven't seen that movie in ages. I liked the automatic tire changer.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah it was a disaster film spoof.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I always like the twin stick shifting on the big trucks. Basically steering with your elbow.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Powershift posted:

e:

guahhhh

Amazing how they did fiberglass work around the rotted section. A true artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

xzzy posted:

Too many gratuitous CGI cars disintegrating as they flip down the straights but the driving sequences look more authentic than the Lauda/Hunt movie that came out a ways back. Plus who doesn't love the cars it's based on. :allears:

So they got my money.

For the record, this one is highly regarded for CGI. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozMDzOAGxk