Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

I think it's cool...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Warner Bros. has announced that the Confederate flag will no longer be present on "future incarnations of the General Lee," whatever that means.

Actually, it refers to future movies(lolwhat?) and toy cars.

All the movie car club Facebook pages are currently erupting in a shitstorm of southern pride/slavery apologists and impotent fanboy nerd rage.

However, this isn't a new issue. The screen-used General Lee that resides in the Warner Bros. transportation museum has appeared like this for at least the last four years.

Of course, builders will keep building classic Generals, there are no plans to go all George Lucas on the old show, and Dukes of Hazzard isn't really a current licensing goldmine, so hopefully the crying subsides soon.

edit:
Now I know that the "General Grant" is actually a thing.

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 28, 2012

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

rscott posted:

Now I have a burning desire to take like a GAZ-21 or something and turn it into the Comrade Lenin :ussr:

:haw:

I'd be all for seeing a fleet of parody General Lees. My mind immediately went to the darkest place: a Toyota Hilux as the Charles Taylor.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

hitze posted:

Imagine being in front of that stupid fucker at night. All your mirrors lit up :argh:

Having him behind you would be like having KC lights on your own car.

Seeing nothing but springs in your rear mirror would be weird, though.

edit: just saw the lower lights, gently caress that guy

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Godholio posted:

Is it supposed to?
Well his camera couldn't seem to read it...

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Paul Boz_ posted:

Paiyng $3.87 for 93 octane :smug:

Don't put a smug face next to current fuel prices, don't ever put a smug face next to current fuel prices!

That's exactly how they want us to think! :tinfoil:

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 10, 2012

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Safety Dance posted:

Really only recently (in the 2000s) has the price of gas in the US risen significantly faster than inflation. In fact, we can draw a strong correlation between Wars on Terror™ and high gas prices.

My understanding is that inflated fuel prices are largely driven by speculation, the door for which was opened by Enron back in 2000. Or do I have it wrong?

I never got to pay less than $1.18 for gas thanks to the fact that I lived in mountains and fuel was ALWAYS 25 cents more expensive than anywhere else. Ugh.

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 10, 2012

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Octopus Magic posted:

and uh, sex? I don't understand why you need a sticker for that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Saw this on my commute home.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

:wtc:

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 6, 2012

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

veedubfreak posted:

Ok, this makes sense as I live in CO where everyone thinks they are a pro snow boarder.

This. The larger the sticker on the Xterra, the more likely it has something to do with snowboards.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I've seen these kits for sale in Denver a few times.

I imagine they would be just as precarious on a road, but would be really fun going up a ski run or other groomed trail.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

opengl128 posted:

Speaking of broken suspensions. Saw this on the highway the other day.

Yup. Looks safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3tdwN0FneA

He's just on his way to take care of his brother's kids.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Spent the weekend in New Orleans.

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 8, 2013

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Turbo Herkimer from the Mystery Men sequel I can only watch in my mind. :smith:

Typical truck from a typical job site. I'd seen it a few times, but and it took me forever to notice the pipes in front of the rear wheels.

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 25, 2013

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
loving amateur night up in here...

But now we're turning this thread into the other thread.

Switching back to terrible:

This truck gets posted every so often with comments relating to imminent suspension failure. What sort of black magic has been keeping this thing afloat for so many years? Maybe he doesn't really drive it anywhere?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

InitialDave posted:

How? Isn't it the same design used by step-climbing sack trollies etc the world over?

Looks like he's referencing this wiki article HOLY poo poo THOSE CANNONS :circlefap:

I guess maybe the patent is for the vehicle itself, not the wheels? I can't really find anything else on it. Those little amphicars are awesome, though!

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Full video, guess it's a million years old, too.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
In April I was clipped by a guy lane-splitting down the highway in a black suv with red stripes. I started saying his plate number over and over until my passenger put it into his cell phone. Pulled over, filed police report, that was that.

Less than a week later, another friend sends me a picture he saw posted by one of our local news stations.

Plates matched. :parrot:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I wonder if they'd have a problem with the "To Punish and Enslave" lettering. :tinfoil:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I've seen a few bad cell phone pics of that thing but this is the first really good look. It goes all the way around the terrible dial and become hilariously awesome again. Does anyone know what the lettering says? The giant-scale fabric purse interior of the footwells is a nice touch.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Something in plasti-dip to hold you over until then?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
That must the guy from Long Island.

Pretty much every moment in one of those:

edit: admittedly, this applies to any Jeep ever, though.

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 24, 2013

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

KozmoNaut posted:

E: both drivers in this video are morons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrEf3-O2s8

Perfect opportunity to enforce passing lane laws, but it would mean getting soaked... :doh:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Surely this guy must have a doppleganger driving a Volvo in Sweden rocking moose antlers.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Brigdh posted:

The cop plate and the others don't look like any CO plate I've seen...

Cop plate has me boggled, but the other plate looks like this to me.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

DropShadow posted:

St. Louis Park, Minnesota, it's a suburb of Minneapolis.

I originally went over to check out the car because it is the first Caprice PPV I've seen in service. It was my wife that noticed the bad parking job.

Ahhh. I've never seen any police plates like that and I was super curious. I'm fascinated by all the quirky things cops cars from other places are outfitted with, like how Michigan highway patrol has refused to diverge from the "single rotator beacon on roof" look and the little "stop" gates on their hoods. So cool and weird!

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 17, 2013

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

A lad I know got pulled over by some nutter and just sighed and said 'okay' to his mate who was in the van with him, he then pulled a claw hammer from his door pocket. The road rage fella ran away and everyone got a hilarious story.

Then you get some shitknuckle with a wicked case of short guy syndrome pulling a gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucrJ9r6Tqok

And then it takes another guy with a gun to break up that fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FETleE14MfU

And then oh think of the children!

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I generally opt to slow down until they figure it's worth their time to just pass me. Slamming on the brakes because of a jerk behind you is asking for trouble. No need to hit them a violent "gently caress you" brake check.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Good lord. Were they seriously ignorant about the condition of the wheel or did they just believe that the wheel would be perfectly safe after an alignment?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

veedubfreak posted:

500 dollar car with a fake alligator roof and wheels worth 10 times the value of the car. Can we please contain this bullshit to the south where it started?

Hey man, you go to Aurora, you're going to see some stupid poo poo.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

88h88 posted:

I love the fact that it has a loving HOUSE inside it. ...and is completely mobile albeit very loving slow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8GdadQzMeo

Not his only one, either.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

jamal posted:

Good lord.

How hot is the pavement? It's melting!

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Astonishing Wang posted:

Found in sunny San Diego. WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM?

Hey is that the pickup from that A-Ha video?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Craptacular posted:

Looks like it to me. Also, some of the black trim on the bottom of the car has a few gray-ish pixels that look like they didn't get edited out properly.

You guys are arguing over pixels when you should be looking at how the decal doesn't change shape over the black plastic trim piece that runs the length of the car.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Snowdens Secret posted:

Photoshop or not, it works in that early '90s Trapper Keeper sort of way.

Always worth bringing up

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Might work better if the shifter was a sword hilt, I guess.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Captain Trips posted:

I don't even know what's going on here. They're clearly going for the Herbie thing with the number and the (barely visible from this angle) racing stripes down the hood, but the number is the wrong one, and the checkered roof is just :wtc:

Plus, you know, it wasn't Herbie The Love Cooper.

This made me think to GIS for a Burberry mini cooper, which would belong in this thread. But instead I found this, which certainly does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Delivery McGee posted:

My local one:

Still takes the top off a delivery truck (or a flatbed full of 2x4s, that one shut down the whole block for the rest of the day) every other month or so. It's coming right off a traffic light and the limit is 20mph because on the other side of the tracks is the old downtown, so there should be plenty of time to stop.

Renton, WA isn't loving around.