Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ionn posted:

Createive exhaust repair. At least it stops it from scraping on the ground.

I wish it was tied to the other end of the wiper. *squeeee-clang squeee-clang*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Meydey posted:

Moss is just patina in WA

Car fuzz. :3:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Too many lenses, its like I'm looking at a car spider.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

And lo', he doesn't know our pain as he's never had the backseat passenger utter the dreaded, "Can you move the seat up?"

Or, god forbid, being the one crammed back there in the first place.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

BoostCreep posted:

How dare you make fun of 80's Japanese interiors.

The "I know exactly how fast I was going, officer." seatbelt.

It's also :krad:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

What's with all the plastic or carbon fiber? I thought this thing was supposed to be a bulletproof stainless steel tank.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The Mustang Ii is a far better looker than almost all the poo poo being sold today.

The only thing I don't like is the underbite air dam. The rest is decent to good.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

slidebite posted:

Many years ago when Mrs slidebite was doing her field work while an articling student in land surveying she told me she would far rather work outside all day when it was minus 40 then when it was plus 40C as it's much easier to stay warm and dry when cold then cool when hot.

And also no bugs.

1000%

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I would like, though, for them to tie a seat weight sensor or something into that system so the vehicle stops complaining at me that the key was left in it when my fat rear end is still in the vehicle, too.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

My leaky t-case rear seal was just continuous rust proofing the bottom of my truck, okay. Top up the red juice on occasion and s'all good, man.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

PainterofCrap posted:

I spent about six months welding and grinding the body of my Econoline, creating piles of metal dust in the process. Although diligent in sweeping and vacuuming it up off of my concrete driveway it was impossible to get it all, I still wound up with a spray of rust staining on the pavement.

You can see it to the left & ahead of the truck

However, there wasn't a speck of rust on the truck itself.

Fuckin nice

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Wait they just levered those huge tracks out from the stock control arms?

Lol for gently caress sake you guys

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Wrongest thread it can be in, that rules.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Or when you catch up to them and they wasted all that fuel to not get anywhere any sooner

I love pulling up next to a guy at a red, who peeled out from the last green, just to repeat the process.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Cage posted:

Wheel chocks? Oh you mean a cement brick.

On a jobsite a few years back I came across a set of wheel chocks sized for the big offroad articulated forklifts/telehandlers/whatever you call them in your region, just lying there on the side of the road.

i obviously couldn't let that hazard just sit there, so into my truck they went. In the years since they've seen regular use.

They are hilarious oversized for typical vehicles but that sucker won't go anywhere. :v:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Cactus Ghost posted:

as a thirtysomething straight man my entire life has been like Memento except instead of losing his memory every 15-20min its me realizing i've been an idiot and a moron my whole life every 3-5 years, making changes, working on myself, and then suddenly another layer peels back and the cycle repeats

Same and yet I've never once complained about my vehicle being shorter than someone else's of the same model lmao. I guess that's my "over 6ft" privilege?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Kerrow posted:

when I saw that, I though you're gonna have to swipe across the drat knob to change what it does, but you push the whole thing in to change between the modes. Timestamped below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_QTL1sfPjs&t=391s

For 2024 car, this isn't that bad.

I just know I would reach out to turn the knob and right as I touch it I go over a bump that jostles my hand enough for the knob to register a push so instead of changing fan speed I'm now moving the vent selection or changing my fuckin volume.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

"He affectionately describes the stick shift’s smooth knob nestled in his palm. (Sigmund Freud would have had no trouble deducing the grounds for this allure.)"

yeah its the whole penis holding aspect of it that i enjoy you totally caught me.

And stomping the clutch is equivalent to tickling the prostate orrrrr?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Only someone dumb enough to buy a Tesla would think that counts as off roading

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Nuevo posted:

I also love how it's "exit and re-enter the vehicle" because of course ol' Musky is too high tech for antiquated tech like power buttons, so if your stainless steel dumpster shits the bed on the highway in a rainstorm you're stuck getting out in the pouring rain on the shoulder to turn it off and on again :lol:

Now is it tied just to a door open/close cycle? Or does it include a weight sensor in the seat so you actually have to get out?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Olympic Mathlete posted:

You know how we sometimes have the conversation about not doing anything too stupid just in case the person you're pissing off has a gun?

I feel like doing this to the wrong person is a surefire way of getting yourself at least one extra hole....?

Tow drivers are routinely packing because that line of work is often at great risk of escalation, even when they're doing totally legitimate poo poo not... that. So there's decent odds that would start a firefight.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Born and raised in SW WA, can confirm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Supposedly they came up with a process to "coin edge" the panels, but they still sharp as gently caress.

Because the process that existing car manufacturers use for all mass produced cars to prevent the body panel/door edges from thirsting for blood required Distruption, or?

I even remember the mid 90s before low and mid-range PC builders learned what deburring was, and you ran the chance of flaying knuckles open adding a hard drive but even those low bidding bottom feeders fixed the problem!