Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Yeah when Rockslide gets shoved further into the background for whatever new batch of surefire breakout mutants AvX has unleashed it's going to be a tragedy.

Side note: If they ever kill him off I'm going to paint myself grey and beat up the writer responsible while explaining they already assigned him immortality due to being a disembodied consciousness controlling whatever rocks are handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

It's at least got to be a treat to have Kyle using the ring to break the monotony of force field, boxing glove, power blast routine.

The ability to make Batman think to himself "that's kinda neat" makes Kyle the most powerful lantern.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Dick Trauma posted:

And Thanos as a movie villain? If it's Jim Starlin's Thanos that would be awesome. I have no idea what weird poo poo writers have done to that character after all these years. He's probably a member of the Fantastic Four by now.

Thanos is still pretty much Thanos he's more interested in keeping the universe running now because Death pointed out that killing people for her is like giving her a bouquet of spreadsheets.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

Spider-man 31
Good old Gwen Stacy

Turns out the whole goblin kids thing wasn't that far fetched.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

NorgLyle posted:

Yeah I was completely baffled when Iron Man started because both Paltrow and RDJ have done so drat many movies that I just assumed we'd be getting some new Land models. I expected that was the whole point. It's bizarre seeing that same woman he uses for everybody still being used for everybody.

Well not to blow your mind or anything but Land is really loving lazy. He's not going to take the time to go through those movies when he's already got a catalogue of pictures he can trace. He's probably got the drat things indexed by scenes he thinks they work in at this point.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Pacra posted:

One of the marvel superpowered, supersmart scientists did something beneficial for the public good in a written comic? :monocle:

It's not rare and it'll never ever come up again except maybe to get hand waved away.

Reed Richards has solved world hunger at least twice once never got mentioned again and one where it would have cost half the world's resources to implement but would have been a permanent solution afterwards, the UN told him to gently caress off and only comeback when he had a bomb to sell.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Devi posted:

From Journey Into Mystery #647. Sif was tired of Asgard always being beaten so she sought out some teacher to learn the Berserker Incantation to make her crazy angry and strong. She's been acting crazy and angry since learning it. While discussing things, they beat each other up. Heimdall wants to know why his little sister won't just settle down...

He had it coming.

See I took that exchange differently, it's not "Stop playing with swords little girl" but a snarky dismissal of the idea a warrior's life will ever be secure.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Classtoise posted:

I would completely unironically read X-23's Adventures in Babysitting.

And Thor could ACTUALLY show up!

Whoa now buddy boy are you implying (wrongly I may add) that Adventures in Babysitting doesn't take place in Thor continuity?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

In that final panel is Reed saying that he's going to get a vibrator to defeat Doom?

What mere mortal dares to judge the sexual whims of DOOM!?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Practical Demon posted:

Flash in zoobas is the best thing.

I'm guessing you mean Zubaz don't feel bad though I only know how it's spelled because Eddie Brock once forced the symbiote to become a pair and the artist wrote the name on the pants just to make sure everyone knew.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I think marvel even released a month's worth of Marvel's Marvel Comics at one point with stuff like spider-man being a radioactivity mutated human sized spider the x-men being a scam where they arranged the fights to make mutants look better, stuff like that.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Man I figured the kid's reason was probably really lovely in the face of whatever makes an alien travel to earth, but winning a fishing contest isn't worth "anything on earth" you idiot.

Hey once he gets that local fishing trophy it'll just be raining poon. Is there anything more important to a teenage boy?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Yannick_B posted:

To properly be reborn, Superman has to go through the darkness being a 90s hero before becoming is true self.

And become electric.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Looks like Black Adam wasn't expecting that to happen.

It's fairly obvious he intended to throw Cyborg and the arm just kinda came off in his hand.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 22, 2013

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

I always enjoy him and Deadpool.

From Dark Reign Deadpool #9

That panel could only be better if Wade actually name dropped Taskmaster's secret identity when cursing him out.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

Or use land mines and a sword

Comicbook physics and all but that wouldn't actually stop the Flash. I mean literally all that would have done is had a guy moving at the speed of sound slam into you but with a sword in his chest.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm not at all convinced the whole mutant culture narrative would've been the next logical step for X-Men if Quesada hadn't forced M-day. As was said earlier, Morrison barely just laid the foundation for it. Jumbo Carnation appeared in like three pages and we were told he was a big deal, but that's not really a big enough seed that could have determined the future of X-Men as a franchise. I'm sorry, but most of the books that came about as a result of House of M have been way better than the books that came in-between Morrison's X-Men and HoM, so I think "what could've been" is a completely moot point.

It was doomed at the start because it's a generally a lovely idea for the universal stand in for any and all minorities to develop a distinct culture. When you define what mutants are culturally you lose the ability to plug them in for whatever minority culture the story needs them to be.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Gavok posted:

Aracely is great and she's part of why Scarlet Spider is so fun. Kaine is all about brooding and thinking himself an inhuman monster who can never be redeemed, but his supporting cast is made up of upbeat and positive people who love him regardless.

It's like if Batman was surrounded by people who were like "Yeah Bruce you are a dark soul or whatever, now put on this hat we're going to the rodeo!"

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

Well yeah, I mean look at this.

It's still about fear I mean would you want to fight anybody crazy enough to wear that in public? I didn't think so.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Mike From Nowhere posted:

He also had a joke pitch modeled after Death of Superman called Rape of Wonder Woman.

There's something almost prescient about that, death and rape as the future number boosters.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The_Rob posted:

I saw this ad in the issue of Superman's pal Jimmy Olsen 108, and it made me laugh because apparently comics in the 60's were getting kids ready for a full scale revolution.

Judging by the badge on the stock an Obama themed revolution.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Flesh Forge posted:

Man, did nobody look at the next page on the link?

Whew! I'm glad that didn't end with Joker tossing photos of the now paralyzed money at the other zoo animals.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

It does for me too since I read them and I read the Legion and that is just par the course.

Even trying to make it seem complicated doesn't really make it that complicated for me. You could simplify it as "Natan Summers and Rachel Grey are successful time travelers."

Which they are, they go back in time to stop their lovely future and succeed eliminating the lovely future they came from and since they don't Marty McFly after changing the future you don't even get the old paradox of not being around to alter the future because they altered their future.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Even if they could manage to fight in high heels and not fall over or break their ankles within 60 seconds they never take advantage of them. Have you ever had someone in high heels accidentally step on your foot? They're not called stilettos for nothin'

I used to have this idea that if you could fly high heels were no big deal, since it's not like you are going to fall. Then I thought about it and any heel kick would probably impale the guy, penetrating chest trauma is not the hallmark of a non-wolverine hero.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I notice Dr. Bong in that huddle so I assume leads the group as he's got a Phd. in psychology.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Killer robot posted:

I do! I didn't know where it was from, but Google suggests that it is from L.E.G.I.O.N. Annual #5:

See that's a Batman analogue I can believe stayed a rumor for a decade.

"Hey Joey what happened to dat big score and why's it look like somebody kicked you in da face wid heels on?"

"I don't wanna talk about it Tony."

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Besides, Animal Man has sea-powers....in addition to land based animal powers, too.

Yeah but can he breathe underwater?

Actually wait he can when he channels an aquatic animal... poo poo, uh wow Aquaman really does kinda suck in the powers department.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

WickedHate posted:

He's also super strong, too. And even though it was bullshit, he can apparently give people seizures thanks to "the part of your brain that evolved from fish".

Buddy gets proportional strength when he channels an animal so he's got super strength too barring channeling a goldfish or something. Aquaman's powerset just doesn't stack up that well but hey Hawkguy fight aliens and gods with a weapon from the paleolithic era

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Matlock posted:

You should be reading Fearless Defenders! These are pages from the ninth issue of said comic!

I am but that issue felt forced and fake grrrl power-ey like somebody decided the team hadn't gotten enough flak from men so they just toss together some half-assed excuse to do a bordering on parody of feminism men can't handle women working issue.

And continuity nit-pick Clea and Strange got divorced in the early 90's so she doesn't actually need one.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Matlock posted:

Unless being "for" them means "making dudes look like total buffoons," no.

See that's the thing the issue reads like an MRA wrote it trying to parody feminism. Like there should be a south park "THIS IS WHAT FEMINISTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE" scroll underneath it.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I not specifically Funny Panels this ended up in the recommendation tabs of the Max Landis death and return of superman video from the DC death watch thread. It is in a word, laughable.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Metal Loaf posted:

I can accept that Robin and Speedy just want a dance.

Kid Flash, on the other hand... :stare:

That's a face that says "I've already been inside her and she doesn't realize it yet." which would also explain Wonder Girl's face.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

She was Captain Britain's sister and white before falling into a magic plot hole.

Filled with yellow fever.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Mr. Maltose posted:

If you think anyone from Avengers Arena is going to stay dead you need to read more comics.

It's as temporary as it is dumb.

No but a bunch of the ones that survive are going to have it worse judging from the NYCC previews, they get to be evil. Being dead is an easy fix but if you aren't Magneto once you go villain you hardly ever make it back to hero for more then a single arc.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Nilbop posted:

Is the Wasp seriously aloud to do anything that isn't shacking up with a random guy or dying?

She's also allowed to forgive Hank Pym for hitting her and be really mad at Hank Pym for hitting her. Other then that? No.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

She was in the...microverse? Why the skrull failsafe sent her there, I have no idea.

I think the explanation was that the explosion was trigger by expanding her then shrinking her really fast to give the energy/mass nowhere to go or something.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

Jeez Scott.

(Sup. Spider Man Team Up 1)

That really needed a sarcastic response instead of the "Saving kids in Africa" we got considering Banner has tried to commit suicide before.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The gag is that both of them think they are just so different and better then the usual stock villain and they aren't.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

That isn't mystique. She was one of the new mutants introduced after the birth of Hope.

I don't even think she is a shapeshifter.

She is but a very limited one as explained in the Rockslide page. She's a super fast flier and her body also changes shape as she goes beyond supersonic speeds... which is at least an elaborate explanation of why she's essentially a nude underage girl. That explanation sounded lees like an elaborate scheme to get away with being skeevy in my head.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Schneider Heim posted:

I still find it ridiculous that people get shot in their vitals with arrows and don't die. There's that bad guy in Hawkeye #2 who got shot in the eyes, and Hawkeye calmly says he'll live.

I honestly took that as dry sarcasm.

• Locked thread