Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
Not sure if someone's posted it before, but from Batman, Inc. #7:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
Axe Cop can hit on whoever he wants, whenever he wants.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Lobok posted:

I think this narration works better without any explanation.

Iron Man #66

why is iron man beating up google chrome

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, that's why I'd never recommend the book. If you like seeing people strangle each other with their intestines, it's great, but other than that, steer clear.

Towards the end, though, there's a lot of "I live in a terrible situation so I'm going to try my damnedest to make a functional existence out of this."

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

laz0rbeak posted:

The adventures of Flash and Felicia's wardrobe continue! (via Amazing Spider-Man 341):

Did... did they put on each other's shirts?

:confuoot:

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

This panel remains a pure crystal of everything wrong with character design in comics. Thank you.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Glad to see some progressive portrayls of transgenderism in comics.

My favorite part of that page is the phrasing in the first panel. It's procedural, sure, but it's an amazingly descriptive way of putting how that feels into words.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Who was the first person to write Aunt May as anything but an idiotic burden?

Stan Lee, if that Sig Sauer up there is any indication.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Mimir posted:

Has Wolverine been decapitated? How does that work, exactly?

Adamantium vertebrae don't mean poo poo when your spinal cord and discs are still made of neural tissue and cartilage.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

prezbuluskey posted:

My favorite part from his miniseries was when Taskmaster has to save the girl hes been traveling with from a musical mexican drug cartel:

D-Domino Hurley?

Is that you?

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Killer robot posted:

"tactical grim reaper"

Hello, halloween costume for $0 idea.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Crowetron posted:

gently caress that, we need a Rockslide/Hawkguy team-up book.

And then we get the Rockslide/Hawkeye vs Taskmaster/Constrictor issue.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Opopanax posted:

I'm down for a Darkseid/Reverse Flash team up. The Brave and The Assholes

Darkseid unscrews all the lightbulbs half a turn while Thawne leaves an upper decker that travels backwards in time.

I'd buy it.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

bobkatt013 posted:

But would be smart enough to not send dick pics to Richards and other random people?

"There's NOTHING medical science can do! NOTHING!!"

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Professor Wayne posted:

Rachel also happens to have the worst costume in comics today.

In that style, though, it looks intentionally stupid. Look at that teen. Nobody can tell HER what to do.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Cassa posted:

Why does he have a boob window?

I'm trying to think of a good reason why not, frankly.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

TwoPair posted:

Indestructible Hulk #17.INH: This kind of thing wouldn't happen if Hank Pym would just stick with a code name for a while.

All I can think is "Thanks, Hanks. Thanks."

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

How about a rocket armchair of life instead?

The most confusing part of this, to me, is who would put a paraplegic in combat boots and leather pants?

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Elysiume posted:

What's her sixth sense?

Proprioception.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

thespaceinvader posted:

ISeriously, if you actually extrapolate 'power of MAGNETS' to the limits, you get something ridiculous, because magnets and electricity are basically the same thing.

Magnets are cool.

I keep waiting for Magneto to come up against another cosmic-grade threat and go "I've decided you don't have electrons anymore." *boom*

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Ensign_Ricky posted:

My question is if it's recoiless, what's with Loki's goofy rear end posture after he shoots it?

"Recoilless" does not mean "zero recoil". A recoilless weapon has ports in the back of it that permit some of the propellant gases to escape, creating a thruster that reduces the recoil of the projectile launch long enough that the launch tube remains stable.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Nope, it's just masks all the way down. Layer 67 is a Horsehead Mask. Bruce was feeling puckish that day.

Batman is defined as the mouth of a wormhole which has its other mouth in a universe where the curvature of spacetime has been replaced with punching. The wormhole aperture is wrapped in layers of masks and costumes, and when gravitons from our universe impinge on the wormhole, it reverberates and lets punches through into our universe. Thus, as the Flash is connected to the source of all speed, Batman is connected to the source of hittin' folks.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
Is Colossus wearing Sean Connery's outfit from Zardoz?

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He could change it by deed poll to 'Magento' and pretend he's a magician or something, his costume is already the correct colour.

He'd still be loving fantastic at manipulating shopping carts.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Nycticeius posted:

Well, color me corrected then!

"These missiles are designed to be immune to my powers."
*uses powers on them anyway*

I loving love Magneto.

People don't think too hard about Magneto's powerset because he controls one of the four Fundamental Forces. And that being the case, he could just... say, decide that someone doesn't have any electrons anymore.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Protocol 5 posted:

I dig the grizzled as hell Cain. That is the face of a man who has seen some poo poo and then rammed it through a wall with said face.

What exactly IS Cain doing now that he's not the Juggernaut?

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

CzarChasm posted:

Dr. Doom creates perfect little nanobots that can turn people into Doombots, of a sort. These also provide euphoria to the population of planet Earth. Because when everyone is Dr. Doom, that's a pretty good time. All the people of the world are united in harmony. And focused hatred at Richards.

The nanots are specifically tailored not to affect Richards himself. Everyone else is Doom.

They let him live because it's funny.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

A demonstration of just how far the Japanese are willing to take a pun.

When I got the pun, I kind of wanted to harm the guy who wrote the thing.

They're USA GIs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Alhazred posted:

Well, hypnotism is linked to magnetism. People used to believe that you could hypnotize people with magnets.

Probably the best piece of fiction I've seen involving perception manipulation through electromagnetic interference is Blindsight by Peter Watts. But that's a book, not a comic, and you can't, like, hypnotize someone with a fridge magnet.

A powerful enough magnetic field run directly through the right part of their brain might revoke their enteric control, though.

• Locked thread