Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I'd love to be able to enter fullscreen mode on the iPad. It would make reading long threads and LP's much much better, the empty avatar space drives me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

pokeyman posted:

Empty avatar space?
When you're reading very long threads like a let's play after the initial avatar all the space to the left is just unused. If you could go to full-screen hide that would be great.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Had a weird bug earlier. Had to force close the app to fix it.

http://i.imgur.com/jFmOM.jpg

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I swiped and I did it a few times in quick succession but can't reproduce it.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Tapedump posted:

Two things: I thank you for the clarification of the pinch gestures. Apparently they do not work on iPad (due to plenty of real estate).

Second, I have bought No-Ads but yet still see the sexy chicks in both Awful and Maxx apps (I do not use the iPhone apps).

I think pinch to zoom could be useful on iPad to give a showthread template only. Where things like avatars and would be cut off and you'd just see the thread and posts inside it.

I think it's been mentioned as being worked on but a instapaper almost type of view for things like LP's and really long threads would be amazing.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I just moved back to iOS, didn't this app used to have an ability to use no ads? I'm not seeing anything in settings.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Ah ok I thought I did but maybe I don't. I will check. Thanks!

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Apparently I never bought the no ads option I've just been so accustomed to seeing ads my brain just glazes over them when I see them on my desktop.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Yep just got the update myself. Very nice!

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Been using it for a bit now. So far the only thing slightly bugging me, should the username and avatar be a different gradient from the post text? I'm sure I'll get used to it but it's a bit odd.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

The Dave posted:

Gradient? Can you clarify a little?

Maybe not a gradient but it just seems odd there's not a divider between usernames and their posts.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Been using it on my iPad and iPhone. Getting pretty used to it on the iPhone but man on iPad all the lines dividing the elements like the threads from the thread itself just makes it look like a late 90's web page with tons of frames.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
The new Awful should just emulate the new Tweetbot. :colbert:

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Was there a full-screen version of this app at one point or am I just imagining things? I just bought a six and I feel like with the larger screen I'd love to have a full-screen mode so I can read LPs even more clearly.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Yeah I meant as in the navbar and other ui being hidden. It's weird but with a larger phone I want even more minimal ui space. It's hard to explain.

I think I remember that you used to be able to pinch and the app would hide the ui. That would be cool.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Smol posted:

I have no connectivity problems at all, whether I'm using wifi or cellular.

Same here. No issues on my 6 on several different wifi routers.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I didn't receive an invite either. If you still have space!

hal.basic@gmail.com

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
:) This keyboard smilie thing is awesome!

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Has anyone ever successfully been able to upload an image with the Awful app? I believe it uses imgur and it's usually when I'm not on wifi but it's never worked for me.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Anyone in beta had issues where when returning to the bookmark screen you just get a black empty SA page. And nothing happens until you forceclose the app...

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Hmm well new beta just instantly crashes when I go to the bookmarks tab.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Just got the latest update! Things aren't crashing anymore!

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Diabolik900 posted:

A more consistent issue I'm noticing is that unread counts are failing to update more frequently than usual though.

Yeah same here on this one, if I sit on the bookmarks page for a bit it updates but it's definitely laggy.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Yep I've found changing tabs real quick fixes it. I flip over to the forums then back to bookmarks and it instantly updates.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I just want a full screen mode like Alien Blue's :shobon:

Same!!! I swear it used to have one and it made reading LP's a godsend.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Woohoo bottom bar is the right color in night mode again! In the beta at least.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

baram. posted:

uploading pictures from library is still causing a crash on 3.3 beta.

Yep came to post this also. Also when I take a screenshot with the phone when I try to upload it, the preview is very low res is that normal?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
So the super zoomed out issue in Awful with iOS 9 is a beta issue with Apple right? There's nothing I can do to fix it currently?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

goferchan posted:

Thank you for fixing the ios9 zoom thing!!!!!! looking good baby :cool:

Same!!! Not sure what you did but omg it's so much better. I contemplated downgrading to 8.4 just because of that bug.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Is imgur uploading super spotty for anyone else? I'd say it works for me maybe a quarter of the time. Usually it sticks at uploading forever then fails after a minute or two.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Did you guys make some major changes to the app? The latest beta feels significantly faster and smoother. Hope it's not all just in my head.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Btw the new safari popup for links is like the best thing ever your thread viewing doesn't get reset now when you tap a link. Thanks!

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

baram. posted:

nothing. or whatever it was before.

e: any single letter/symbol is just gonna make me think something failed to load. I thought it was a blocked ad or something at first

Same. I might have tapped it like a dozen times trying to make it go away.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
On the dark version of the latest beta Awful, when you tap a thread in bookmarks the thread space flashes white. Also things look different there. Pages are called pp and poster names are right aligned?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
The newest iOS beta allows for side dismissal of safari view controller.

Edit: I can also confirm the stuck jittery scrolling in thread view on the latest beta.

Disappointing Pie fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 3, 2015

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I do not run a 3rd party keyboard.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Having a weird issue where sometimes I can't tap links in threads. I've particularly noticed when it's Twitter links. If I hold on said link it pops up just fine so it knows the links there.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

That Robot posted:

it is super hard to click on links in Awful on my 6+

what did you do? if this is in regards to force touch, it may work for people on the latest phones but it sucks balls for the rest of us

please fix

Just came here to say this. But I have a regular 6. If you hold on links it's fine but it's like the hit detection is non existent for tapping.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Just going from experiences using other forum systems embedded tweets on mobile are usually laggy and done poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I don't have that issue but some links still refuse to be pressed. I specifically notice it with Twitter links. They always have to be held on and opened in safari. But maybe that could be the new embed thing loving with Awful?

• Locked thread