Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

ShortStack posted:

Isn't Fables just some thinly veiled pro-Israel stuff?

There's a scene in the run up to the war that is explicitly pro Israel nonsense but outside of that one section it can be largely ignored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Popular Thug Drink posted:

iirc the author makes a big point about how the arabian folklore characters are working hand in hand with the western folklore characters as equal partners

also they weaponize sleeping beauty by sneaking her into the enemy capital and having her prick her finger, putting the whole city to sleep

it's a weird series that really has nothing to do with israel making that comparison even more baffling

Here are the page with the Israel comparison: http://imgur.com/a/3aq85

Definitely a weird thing to suddenly bring up in the story, and if anything fabletown should be the terrorists in the metaphor, but w/e. Not that I'm recommending the series as a whole, but it has its moments

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

It's amazing just how much getting banned from Twitter loving destroyed Chucky. Milo has breitbart and poo poo but the C-man had almost nothing and that ban practically vaporized his media presence.

I completely forget he exists in between his very sporadic mentions

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Crowder isn't alt right. I'm not sure he has a consistent ideology at all outside of team identity and a desire for page views. He's just another tick on the rear end of movement conservatism

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Dexo posted:

Especially since she's probably the form that the GOP needs to take if they want to have any type of success of the presidential level again.

The GOP is going to take back the senate in 2018 and probably have slightly better than even odds at the presidency in 2020 tho (assuming they can push Ted Cruz in front of a train some time between now and then)

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

TrixRabbi posted:

He also just raised the rent on his own campaign in his own building. It's a nice racket.

Unrelated, another thing driving 2020 will be how much Clinton can undo the right-wing vote stacking. Can she restore the VRA and block voter ID laws? That's going to greatly benefit the left if it can be done. The districts also get redrawn that year so gerrymandering will make a big difference.

The biggest drivers of 2020 will be:

1) can the establishment solidify on a single candidate early in the process to block out zodiac and the four people that pop up trying to carry forward the Trump coalition

2) does the republican house/senate massively overplay their hand on every little thing after retaking the senate and manage to make Hilary look sympathetic

3) when during that term do the economic bubbles burst?

The census and gerrymandering don't matter because the lines won't go into effect until later elections, assuming there isn't a major Supreme Court case between now and then that shakes up the whole board

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Extensive Vamping posted:

If a bubble should occur in an environment of austerity, and then burst, would anyone know the difference? I was in the workforce during the Clinton presidency, so I remember what an actual functioning economy looks like. We haven't had one in the United States for about two decades. Until consumers have actual money to spend, we're hosed.

It's weird just how much I can infer about your life from this post. Cheer up buddy

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

deoju posted:

Can a campaign or super PAC buy their candidate's book to give away? Seems like a way to straight up money launder. Your cut wouldn't be huge, but you'd still be making money.

Super PACs can I think but getting royalties by buying your own books with campaign funds is straight up illegal. Not that the FEC would ever do anything about it, but you could theoretically get in a lot of trouble for it.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Zerilan posted:

Didn't Trump already do this?

Yep. They spent $55k of campaign funds buying his own book to give out at the convention. His campaign and the publisher were asked if he was receiving royalties for the purchase and they 'no comment'ed their way through it. The FEC won't do poo poo while he still has any kind of political power, though

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

Bingo. When it comes to Glenn Beck, there's no there there. The man is an ideological mercenary, ready to say and do whatever it takes to get the biggest paycheck and the most amount of attention out of it.

Bullshit. Beck is legit mentally unwell, not insincere. The guy blew half a million dollars and almost crashed his company to stump for Ted Cruz in the primary.

Assuming we're talking about current Beck anyway. There may have been a point where he was faking it for the cash but by now he's clearly bought into the crazy bs completely.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Some sources have reported that she's leaving because she felt troubled by the culture Ailes left behind. No loving poo poo, lady, we all are. Good job abandoning ship when he finally decides to drop a steaming log somewhere that actually effects you, I guess?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

ErIog posted:

Saying that a woman working for a company where sexual abuse is happening should just quit in order to make a stand is a dumb and bad opinion that you should be ashamed of. Yeah she's a scientologist with bad opinions. She still deserves a work environment free of sexual abuse, and she shouldn't have to give up her nightly show in order to make that a reality.

You're talking about just voluntarily crossing a guy who worked for Nixon who used the FNC budget as a slush fund to hire private investigators to dig up dirt on a journalist doing an unauthorized biography. So I think any women working at FNC can be excused for not blowing the whistle earlier (as long as they're weren't enabling Ailes behavior).

Josh Marshall at TPM is reporting that it may have had to do with her playing hardball negotiating a pay raise after Gretchen Carlson accused Ailes publicly. I guess that's implying she may have tried to use something connected to Ailes as leverage, but :iiam:

Apparently Greta van Susteren's husband is saying also that there may be litigation over her firing.

So since Ailes departure, unsurprisingly, not much has changed. Murdoch is a snake that put Bill Shine in charge despite him and Dianne Brandi being implicated countless times in these sexual harassment claims. This is like the hacking scandal. It's just getting started.

My comment was implying that she should have quit because Ailes' editorial direction was creating a toxic culture, separate from the sexual abuse.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Glenn Beck settled out of court today with the Saudi kid he slandered for weeks and weeks. Considering nothing is getting disclosed and how badly Beck was losing the case that kid must have gotten a lottttttttt of money.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Dirt posted:

If they ever drop the wait list, I hope someone makes a thread about it GBS.

The Reagan Book (conservative Facebook knockoff) thread was amazing and basically lead to the site shutting down. I doubt it ever had any real substantial user base though, it was 99% goons when I checked it out.

Wouldn't work if it really does turn into an alt right haven. They thrive on negative attention. Reagan book trolling was only as effective as it was because they took themselves so seriously.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

Challenge accepted.

If you really feel like going to war with the tide then pol already exists so have at it

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Glenn Beck went on a tangent about the matrix yesterday that concluded with the assertion that computers are the ultimate liberals. It was hilariously dumb

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

The breitbart fact check of the debate is hilarious

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

fishmech posted:

Last I checked, the only people who listened to satellite radio are a) truckers b) your weird uncle who also has a fancy stereo system set up c) people in rental cars d) people who buy new cars and have those trial subscriptions.

This checks out. I listen to the daily breitbart show on demand and it's all truckers all the time

I'm the weird uncle

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I'm ready to start planning my victory lap conservative media tears marathon. Just a days long orgy of on demand commercial free wails of agony keeping me constantly erect until I'm medically required to get a doctor involved.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Jurgan posted:

I hate when people say this. The election isn't over. Nothing is guaranteed. I hope you're helping to get out the vote over the next two weeks, not just counting on it taking care of itself.

Keep up the good work, citizen. I voted for hilldog and legal :420: and called it a day.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Xibanya posted:

I just don't get how these people, who spend all their time crying about tyranny and censorship and propaganda think that most domestic news agencies and nearly all foreign ones are somehow in a conspiracy to advance the Soros agenda or something but plucky little Brietbart knows the truth. Oh wait I do, it's cognitive dissonance :suicide:

That's not what cognitive dissonance means. Those aren't even dissonant beliefs

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Wikkheiser posted:

I think Yiannopolous has had a shitstorm headed his way for a long time. But I also think this says something about the right, as he was brought down in this case by the right -- not the left, which has been trying and failing to bring him down for awhile with no success.

This guy, a senior Breitbart reporter, had this to say earlier:

https://twitter.com/stranahan/status/833860824066248704

Now, this guy is a disingenuous snake and a close friend of Steve Bannon. But he also said a few revealing things.

One is that Milo was a "free speech guy" and implied that he was getting above his station and his role. Stranahan also took umbrage at Milo claiming credit (apparently) for Trump's victory, implication being that people with more power and influence were not pleased by that. Who does this British queer think he is? Milo needed to be taught "humility" and -- amazingly -- Stranahan justified this punishment as a form of Christian ethics.

There are some alt-righters who claim this whole thing was a setup. I believe Milo said exactly what he said. But I wouldn't rule out a setup at least in the timing. His appearance on Maher was a disaster. So to clip his wings, he gets promoted with the CPAC invitation and then the pedo comments immediately start circulating among the conservative magazines. That's enough pressure to kibosh his career and kill his book deal. He needed to rise to a certain level before he could be brought down.

Another thing -- him being a "free speech guy" is less useful now that the right is in power.

To be fair, Stranahan is the closest thing to a conscience Brietbart has, with the understanding that's a low loving bar. He's been fired or left the company a couple times for bucking the Bannon party line.

This is what the world has come to, with me (sort of) defending loving Lee Stranahan

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Milo has been creeping back into breitbart over the last couple weeks, especially on their radio show. I thought being a confirmed pedo was still enough to run you out of any public forum forever but nope guess not

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

THERE was a similar one someone pointed out on Twitter I think talking about gender identify. Basically, I never heard these terms before so they must be made up liberal terms.

Just what the gently caress is Preger U?

Praeger U is Dennis Praeger’s YouTube page with a separate website front end. He’s a right wing talk radio host that I believe has a decent amount of syndication. I heard him when I lived in Arizona for a bit.

All the videos are the same style and explain things like how Israel isn’t actually an apartheid state and that women are happier without radical feminism. It’s a deep disgusting hole you can dive into if you decide you really hate yourself one day

E: didn’t notice this has already been answered

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

That’s definitely Hannity’s orgasm face

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

viral spiral posted:

Hopefully this letter leads to the end of Breitbart, considering he's leaving the site because of it's literal ties to neo-nazis: https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism?utm_term=.mlmn2dy2R#.xglL1d513

This won't be the end of Milo, though. He's been getting more and more publicity for awhile now.

His daughters are even more nuts, especially Rebekah. Breitbart will remain and will probably be worse than ever

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

So in "RWM Projection News", Hannity was in full force today and half out of his loving mind for the 5 to 10 minutes I could take listening to it. The "Russian Collusion Scandal is all unraveling so fast" and, surprise, it all centers around Hillary and "if there is equal justice under the law, she'll go to jail".

It was real rapid fire. Emails, GPS Fusion, Dossier, server wipes, collusion, the Texas shooting, "leadership" at the FBI, cops who risk their lives every day...

He even said, no kidding, Hillary "rigged the election", presumably meaning the DNC primary but I don't think the wording was a mistake. Dude rattled off so many so lies so fast I couldn't even keep up with them, which I think it is the new preferred tactic in the Trump era on top of the time tested tactic of "accuse your enemies of what you are doing".

It's a beautiful strawman, because if Hillary is not locked up, it's proof of bias and fuels the persecution complex. If any Trump administration members go down for the Russian poo poo, same thing. Hannity, during a commercial, said he "has trouble sleeping" which actually answered a question I had in my head while listening to him. Christ.

This poo poo really really permeates and it's practically unfightable at this point. I'm not going full on Prester Jane just yet but these people are quite literally brainwashed and it's terrifying. I overheard some conversations about the Trump gently caress up with the war widow and the rationalizations, all the while wondering how that conversation might have been different were it Obama or Hillary.

I saw a stupid thing on my Facebook feed about liberals disrupting and blocking traffic during protests that asked when conservatives ever did that. Only thing I could think to post (beyond "loving seriously?") was to ask if Heather Heyer was blocking traffic. I also thought to myself about people like MLK, JFK, Bobbie Kennedy, Malcolm X, Huey Newton and Harvey Milk who as far as I know never blocked much traffic but wound up shot in the loving head. So yeah, we might block some traffic on occasion but we usually don't assassinate people.

Ugh. I'm tired of it. It's like being an NHL goalie with no defenders and every member of the opposing team each has a puck made out of frozen bullshit that they just fire constantly.

The rapid fire is Hannity’s fallback defense mechanism and he’s been using it for years. He basically just names every fake scandal he can remember until he runs out of breath. The thing is it makes much less sense now because nobody on the left has any power

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Fearless posted:

I mean at some point you'd think Hannity himself would get sick and tired of having to humble himself on national television. That's gotta be jarring for his ego.

Hannity isn’t capable of the kind of introspection necessary for shame and there’s no way Fox is getting anywhere close to firing him. He’s going to be around forever or at least until breitbartTV becomes a thing

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Avirosb posted:

Have some Joe Walsh, 'cause nobody else wants it.
https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/930298467964080129

Nothing more comforting at an exwifes house than a man with a child support payment

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

:staredog: I thought they fired bannon

Breitbart literally had callers yesterday complaining that too many of the couples featured in Super Bowl ads were interracial and the current fascist dough boy leading the show agreed and spent like 10 minutes on it.

Breitbart is explicitly a white nationalist organization and excising Bannon means nothing

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Leofish posted:

I mean, the FBI did admit they never followed up on a tip from January that Cruz was off his rocker, but up until he pulled the trigger he hadn't, to my knowledge, done anything illegal. Maybe the animal butchery poo poo on his Insta, but I'm not sure where that falls legally.

Sex-tourism man is of the mind that either the teachers need to be armed, or every school should have armed guards or something.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/965457691064770561

UMass prof has a thread with several good questions about how arming teachers would work.

https://twitter.com/profmusgrave/status/965316600676147200

I’ve personally heard right wingers answer all of these. The question I’m more interest in, does this officially make the teacher ‘a troop’ that we are constitutionally obliged to support now?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Dinesh is actually an alien in a skin suit that is doing his best approximation of the right wing grift, but doesn’t actually understand human interaction or any historical context. His mannerisms and face make way more sense in this context

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

On topc:

Fox’s Sebastian Gorka Shoves And Curses Out Mediaite Reporter
Read more at http://www.newshounds.us/fox_sebastian_gorka_shoves_curses_out_mediaite_reporter_022218#kYzyOFLTMC3wzYUY.99

http://www.newshounds.us/fox_sebastian_gorka_shoves_curses_out_mediaite_reporter_022218

Also, no one did a CPAC thread this year? Because, whoo boy, has there been some horrible poo poo coming out of that abomination.

Just a reminder that this beef started when Caleb lightly poked fun at Gorka’s lame as gently caress ARTWAR mustang

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Ho drat Ricky Spence got fat

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

It’s cool to see all the ‘waterboarding not real torture’ takes popping back up over the last couple of days. Sometimes you forget these people are the absolute worst in every possible way

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I called my 24-year-old daughter for the 4th time this week this morning but it just keeps ringing. Oh god I’m so alone.

— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) May 13, 2038

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Breitbart today had the host doing the usual ‘Democrats are the real racists/fascists’ dance while several callers suggested the cops use water on counter protesters (but not fire hoses to avoid the obvious symbolism) and one said that eventually conservatives are going to start dragging ‘those people’ out of their homes in the middle of the night and hanging them with a note to ‘knock it off’ to send a message.

poo poo is gettin wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You don't convince people to vote for your party by going "lol, gently caress those people." There used to be a lot of black Republicans but the party just kind of assumed that they'd keep voting Republican because Lincoln. Then the Republican party became increasingly hostile to them while the Democrats were actually doing civil rights things. Black voters have been voting heavily D ever since as it's become pretty apparent that the R side of things is openly hostile to their interests.

"Vote Democrat or you're a racist and I hate you" isn't going to help. I voted all Democrat this election but my heart wasn't really in it. I almost just stayed home. Part of the reason was all of the "lol I hope we can kill all the white people some day" posts here. I won't be joining a hate group or registering Republican any time soon but every time I see somebody say "gently caress rural white people they're all horrible racists" all I can think is "I'm a scruffy rural white person. Why do you hate me?"

Granted I'm more white-adjacent or whitish so if full on white supremacy happens I'll be against the wall too but, eh...that sort of thing isn't exactly motivating.

There’s no convincing these people on an appreciable scale. The split in America is irreconcilable. I have absolutely zero interest in trying to convert any conservatives and when a significant portion of them are going the way of white identity then the others that associate with them and continue to turn a blind eye are equally as guilty

gently caress them all. I’m glad they’re all miserable and constantly shat on by anyone with any cultural or economic power.