Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Hey my level 50 Commando just got corrupted is there any chance I can fix it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
What's the best morningstar? I assume it's the level 50 Gentlemen's version.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Does anybody have a lvl 50 1340 Shield or a lvl 50 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot they're willing to dupe? I'm on xbox if that matters.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

HAmbONE posted:

I've got a WTF Shield that was given to me by another goon. Hambonius 0mega on live. ("0" is a zero)

Also anyone else noticing that their evil stomper is not leveling up anymore?

Thanks all the awesome stuff.

E: Got a lvl 50 Rough rider right after you left.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 8, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

I've got a WTF, although I'm not sure why anyone would want a 50 1340.

GT is FREE SHRUGS if you're interested.

Hambone got me covered for awhile with all the shields he dropped last night. I learned that you don't wear WTFs while sniping and you definitely don't wear one when you're by yourself because you're going down alot from those IED grenades. Also two people wearing the Hoplite plus ES glitched Infinity pistols makes Master Gee a chump. Once we had his shields down we were averaging 15-20 seconds to kill him and we could just sit there and tank. As for the 1340 shield, I've always gone for the shotgun so I have no idea what the shield does. I looked it up on the wiki and it looks like and just an average shield that talks so unless someone has one they're willing to dupe I'll never get it.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Hell you don't even need to hack to get skill points in all the trees. All you need is a guest account and some profile fiddling.

e: Somebody made a youtube of how to do it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFsMzbwa4Ww

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 9, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Winkie01 posted:

How do you do the power level thing with a 2nd controller in split screen? Is there a good tutorial online somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFsMzbwa4Ww

Or

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/skill-point-glitch-fill-your-skill-trees.793742/

If you attempt this make sure to back up your account.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Is it possible to get a Hoplite with shock immunity? I checked the vender last night maybe 30 times and I rarely so ones with Explosive reduction/immunity.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

gooby on rails posted:

I want to make that bit about the shark wearing a bolo tie my ringtone.

Give me like a day and I can probably rip the audio.

e: All of torgue's audio.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 13, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I ripped that hamlet thing to an MP3 but I guess Mediafire no longer does anonymous uploads. Anybody got any other sites?

raditts posted:

Bonus skins and a bonus gun for Valentine's Day.

Looks like I have to get my character up to level 50 in the next 3 days.

Are you on right now? I'm about start Oasis on TVHM.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Is the Ahab supposed to suck? Because I bought one that does 500K and the spear goes forward like 3 feet.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

It ignores Hyperius' shield.

That's its notable effect

I was just playing with it with the ES glitch on, it removes the arc and speeds up the spear. I got to 188 Infinity stacks and tried it out and the game didn't give me damage numbers. Either things were instantly gibbed or they didn't take damage at all. I'm not sure what to make of that. My previous opinion has been reversed I love it.

Also the 12 pounder is really cool and smacking dudes in the face with an exploding bowling ball is super fun.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So a friend and I grinded out like ten fights against Terramorphus trying to get him some class mods for his siren. I now have 7 slayer of terramorphous commando class mods to give away or trade. I'm also looking for a Legendary Soldier class mod if anybody has one.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Thanks again Kifisonfire for all stuff for my friends and all the stuff you gave me.

delpheye posted:

I have a legendary soldier mod for you.

Great! My gamertag is: Mechwarrior. I have a Lobbed Breath of Terramorphous I can dupe in return.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

I'll be on around pm CST tonight. If I'm in a game or whatever, feel free to join.

I'm back on, what's your GT so I can ping.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

akitekt4k

It says your gamertag isn't valid.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

that's because I can't type, but it's also correct a few posts up.

arkitekt4k

It's all good now Speed Boat Jones got me covered but, thank you for your offer.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So I'm trying to farm some E-Tech guns and I was using the Leviathan's treasure room to do it, but I had a friend join my game after the chests were open and the game saved them being open. Is there another that's farmable like that by dashboarding? I was thinking the armory for Nakayama but, I believe the game locks you out after you get near the fast travel and reset.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

weaaddar posted:

What are you guys spending your seraph crystals on any recommendations?

I've bought the meteor shower and it is awesome, but the evolution shield is not this awesome thing I thought It'd be. I also bought the interfacer shotgun but I guess it's like a slightly better conference call, which isn't that great anyway.

I've been spending all of my seraph crystals on Hoplites and Ahabs. But, now that I have the best Ahab I'm not sure which seraph gun to start spending crystals on. I'm thinking lead storm because of it's effect.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So I'm grinding Hyperious for a level 50 explosive PBFG. This means however that I'm getting legendary drops that I don't need nor really want. If you want a specific gun/grenade/class mod just post what you want and I'll keep an eye out for it. Here's what I've gotten so far:
Norfleet
Shreddifier
Hornet(Twin)(x2)
Sledge's Shotgun
Railer
Kiss of Death
Stormfront

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

You do know PBFGs can't be explosive right?

I did not. I haven't seen one yet either.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

There's no explosive E-tech guns as far as I know. There are non-elementals which seem to be rarer than the loving Infinity, though.

Wish I knew that earlier. I had a Maximum dart with no effect that I threw away because I hate darts.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
The colors of rarity go: white, green, blue, purple, magenta, orange. All red text weapons(unique/legendary) are either blue or orange. All unique weapons earned as a reward for a quest are blue. All etech weapons use 2 ammo per shot no matter what(my railer has 6 capacity but can only fire 3 shots because of this). Legendary(orange) weapons are usually the best weapons in the game and can drop anywhere but specific weapons have a better drop rate with specific characters( I.e. been boom drops the bonus package at higher rate but can also drop a stormfront).

Pink weapons are dlc guns bought from seraph vendors with seraph crystals. Seraph crystals drop from dlc raid bosses.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Because I want to be an rear end in a top hat, I'd like to point out that at least one purple unique quest-reward item exists (Deadly Bloom), and one orange quest-reward item exists (Flame of the Firehawk).

I forgot about the deadly bloom, but I'm reading the wiki and there is apparently a hidden purple unique shield called the cracked sash. Are you sure about the flame? I have level 50 one that I'm pretty sure is a blue.

E: love thumper is another unique purple. What mission is the head one?

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 26, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Count Chocula posted:

I assume the Stormfront is white?

It's a legendary grenade mod the drops from the not-TMNT(Tannis's escaped test subjects mission): http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Front

E: I made a video of what I feel is the fastest way to grind in the entire game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4OvPq-AVvo

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 26, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

Would you be able to bring someone else who isn't level 50 in to boost off that?

Yeah. Running into the gate before activating it apparently tricks the game into thinking you have 4 players, so that's Hyperious's 4-player health.

burntpork posted:

What, no bee shield? :smug:

Hoplite for life :smuggo:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Was it a hotfix or a title update that patched Pyro Pete to be once a day?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So while farming Hyperious is definitely faster, I can't help but feel that Pyro Pete just has a better drop rate. I got a hornet, doc's mercy, sledge's shotgun, 2 bonnies, a firebee, a gnasher, and an unkempt harold in the span of normally running out of eridium.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

burntpork posted:

Use the elevator to kill yourself if you dont mind the respawn fee.

Yeah that's was I doing, I ended up going from 16 million down to 3 million when I was done.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
All right so more grinding notes. Pyro Pete seems to a 1/4 and 1/5 chance of dropping a legendary and his loot pool is definitely the same as Hyperious and Master Gee. If you do start grinding Pete be aware that you will get duplicates, I now have four different bouncing bonnies. However I've also gotten a neogenator, a skullsmaher, two quasars and three legendary class mods from his(the soldier one was better than the one that was given to me).

Now for E-tech grinding, the absolute best place is the Treasure Room in the Oasis dlc during the leviathan quest. You have someone join you while you are still inside the leviathan(this is a must, a friend joined while I was in the treasure room and it saved the quest as completed) and proceed as normally. Once all the chests are open, give your friend whatever items you want to keep and dashboard/Home. When you restart the server you will be back inside the leviathan with quest reset to kill him/enter the treasure room. Repeat as needed.

Now if you are like me and goofed hard and the quest is completed your next best bet are some "rare" chests. What I'm talking about specifically are the two red Dahl chests in Caustic Caverns and I don't feel like explaining where there are so here's a youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZi36xCWS3Q
I've gotten a homing storm front from them level 50 pretty much right off the bat so I'd say it's worth it.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 28, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

I'm almost at the end of TVHM without any glitching and aside from some "oh gently caress this" moments that were pretty much the same "oh gently caress this" moments in the first playthrough, it hasn't been that terrible so long as I keep up with the latest and killingest guns.

I'm playing using a Gunzerker and at this point I spend more time in Gunzerk mode than out, so maybe that's what you need to make it fun. I know being able to hold the triggers down and point in the general direction of whatever I want to die, gleefully throwing homing transfusion grenades to mop up the rest, is working out pretty good for me.

Playing with other people helps too, if for nothing else than enemy health doesn't refill when you die. Now that I'm level 50 and ready to break the game, if one of you guys wants to throw an Evil Smasher and an Infinity my way I'd be glad to take them.

Are you on right now?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

That's a lot of hassle considering you can just glitch into the treasure room.

I've never gotten the glitch to work right for me. I can get to the invisible corner but I can't seem to get caught by the invisible elevator.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Greenplastic posted:

Raaaagh! Farmed Wilhelm about 100 times in TVHM to get some decent equipment, he actually drops an orange (after just 100 kills, that's incredible!) and the loving thing is useless by the time I get to the Fridge. I'm this close to giving up on the game. Is playthrough 2.5 worth it, or does it get even more unbalanced?

2.5 scales everything to 50, so you can get the best version of loot(Oh, MorningStar tell me more about how I'm a monster:allears:)

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

I have alllllll the rocket launchers you could possibly want. Including all the Topneaas. I think I solved my freezing issue by re-downloading Torgue so I should be good to go.

You wouldn't happen to have a PBFG would you? Because I have yet to meet someone who does.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

A what?

EDIT: Oh that's actually what it's called. Huh. I can say I've never seen that one before. Lemme ask around. I just found it on the wiki and I want one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ol028OrKUs It's basically a Doom BFG.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

Thanks for the offer but I got hooked up with both. My experiment failed miserably though.

In other news, me and Mechwarrior were messing around and found out how to glitch Axton's speed. Unfortunately I didn't capture the duel where he ran circles around Deathtrap, or where he ran out of the world. But you get the idea. Also IGNORE MY SHAMEFUL DRIVING HOLY poo poo THAT WAS BAD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oryhqC4hAs

What I really want to do is get 3 Axton's in a game (The host can't partake in this awesome glitch for some reason) and have the best race ever.

That might be the most fun I've had with Axton in awhile.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Digging around on the youtubes I found a video that's a little bit easier to get into the treasure room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK2RAHt1Z-k

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren: I just got a Level 50 PBFG. It's incendiary and I'm going to try and get a shock one with a 5 clip, but I got one now.

FistEnergy posted:

If anyone has a level 50 thunderball fists, Harold, kerblaster, hornet, or sheriff badge, I'd love you forever. Axton legendary mod, too. XBL: FistEnergy

I have some of these. I'll throw you a message in a second.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Neo Helbeast posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren: I just got a Level 50 PBFG. It's incendiary and I'm going to try and get a shock one with a 5 clip, but I got one now.

I have some of these. I'll throw you a message in a second.

raditts posted:

Did that just gib someone? I don't think I've ever seen that happen before, then again I don't usually use rocket launchers.
Also, do they work like Doom/Doom2 BFGs where it hits everyone in your line of sight when it explodes, or Doom3 BFGs where it's has an area of effect around where it explodes?

Get in with this guy and I'll dupe you one. I'll be back in about 40 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

^^ any chance I can get in on that biz? gt: arkitekt4k

Also, does anyone have a purple Witch Siren mod that has +6 to the Kinetic Reflection thing?

I have a fists, and harold if you haven't already gotten them.

Give me a sec, things have exploded a bit.

• Locked thread