Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Okay, what is this bullshit, I overleveled the first time through by doing sidequests and some light farming to the point where even the final battle was trivially easy, but True Vault Hunter Mode is still almost impossible to progress in without cheating, right from Boom Bewm onwards. This is the worst balancing I've ever seen.

Edit: Taking revenge on game with Evil Smasher glitch. Please tell me how to make this game fun again.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I noticed a lot more resists popping up, I'll keep that in mind. I guess maybe it's time for some respeccing as well then :/

Oh, and thanks for the offer delpheye, but I'm on PS3!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Raaaagh! Farmed Wilhelm about 100 times in TVHM to get some decent equipment, he actually drops an orange (after just 100 kills, that's incredible!) and the loving thing is useless by the time I get to the Fridge. I'm this close to giving up on the game. Is playthrough 2.5 worth it, or does it get even more unbalanced?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Yeah, I know, but does that level 50 equipment actually dent the enemy, or do you have to farm for legendaries to be able to hurt anything? Likewise, do level 50 shields manage more than two bullets?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
New Shift code! 5 keys! Get on this before it's too late, short expiration date!

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 5JKJJ-CXZ53-5WWKT-H3WBJ-ZZ55X [Active through March 4]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: WB5TJ-9KF95-3TZ3X-KR3JJ-FW9R3 [Active through March 4]

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

raditts posted:

Probably not, I don't think any of the quests (story quests, at least) count toward your story progress if you're not the host.

I've also read about people having problems with this though, so I would check it out further or do the endgame yourself just to be sure.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Greenplastic posted:

New Shift code! 5 keys! Get on this before it's too late, short expiration date!

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 5JKJJ-CXZ53-5WWKT-H3WBJ-ZZ55X [Active through March 4]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: WB5TJ-9KF95-3TZ3X-KR3JJ-FW9R3 [Active through March 4]

Last day for these! Just in case someone missed 'em!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 4, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Minorities posted:

I really, REALLY hated the Flesh-Stick torture defense quest*

Yeah, christ, If you're gonna be upset about something, shouldn't it be child-torturer-defense quests?!

Edit: Faulty logic, it's possible to be upset about to both.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 4, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Greenplastic posted:

Extended through March 5th :)

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Another 5 Golden Keys for the BAFTA Nominations! Unknown expiration date!

PS3: CTK33-6JCRB-CKCCB-SJ5BJ-FZT6C

XBOX: WBCT3-CX3Z6-JB9JF-W6JTB-3RB9T

By the way, anyone on the PS3 have a lvl 50 Infinity to spare? Can't take farming Doc Mercy anymore :( Done everything legit so far, but this is just wrong. It would be so perfect with my Zer0 build, especially with the 0ne sh0t kill skill!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Mar 6, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Anybody on PS3 need a lvl 50 legendary Soldier or Gunzerker class mod? I need inventory space, so they're not gonna be available too long! I'd love to trade them for a legendary Assassin mod (But you can have them for free) :)

Not gonna hold on to these for long I think :getin:

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 8, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Marogareh posted:

Looks like they fixed the evil smasher glitch too. Gonna be a pain in the rear end to get crystals now.

Are you kidding me?

Still works for me on PS3! Don't scare people like that!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 12, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

diablos666 posted:

I lost count of how many legendaries I got yesterday. Got a load I'm happy to give away. Got 2 Neogenators, the Transformer, a Skullmasher, Baby Maker, melee blade Infinity, Hammer Buster, a Legendary Hunter mod etc

On PS3? I'd love a Neogenator and Skullmasher... If someone will explain me how to dupe (in detail, I'm real afraid to gently caress up my save or something, all the online tutorials say "Quit to dashboard IMMEDIATELY after trading" or similar, which sounds scary). I have a bunch of oranges I can throw back!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 13, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

MoreMetalBrian posted:

To dupe without f'n over your character, drop all the items you want to dupe, away from any area that will save (I tend to do it in the center of Sanctuary). Hold the PS Button to bring up the Impose Menu and select "Quit Game". This will force the game to shutdown without it saving. When you re-launch the title and your character, all the weapons/loot that you previously dropped will still be there.

Should be noted that the above scenario is if you are joining someone else's game.

Thanks man, you did what 15 youtube videos and duping guides could not: Explain it clearly and succinctly.

diablos666 posted:

On Xbox 360 I'm afraid.

Damnit! Ah well, it's the thought that counts ey?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Marogareh posted:

What's your psn? I can give you the skullmasher since it was very disappointing for me. I have the Cobra if you want it too.

I'd love to try them out! Anything you're looking for? I have a bunch of different legendaries.

PSN: McLoennechen

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 13, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Go here: http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes and enter all the SHIFT-codes for a lot of Golden Keys. Go open the loot chest in sanctuary whenever you need a pick me up. Also, whenever you come across a boss that isn't too hard to defeat and drops a decent amount of loot, turn in the quest and go back and farm it for a while for XP and upgraded gear.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Marogareh posted:

What's your psn? I can give you the skullmasher since it was very disappointing for me. I have the Cobra if you want it too.

Hot drat, thanks man! Two Fer Maggie, Deliverance, Cobra and all that other stuff! I gotta make a mule now!

Deliverance is the best gun. Best gun.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 14, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Jake Blues posted:

I took out the Leviathan last night with my buddy doing couch co-op and he was honestly not as much of a challenge as I thought. I'm excited to jump into other DLC maps now, so what is the most recommended after Captain Scarlett?

Well... DO YOU LIKE EXPLOSIONS!???

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
From twitter, 1 golden key each.

Pi day code 1:

PS3 - CJWBT-HH9CT-CKWWB-STC3T-96Z6H.
X360 - 535JB-959RX-T39JX-CX3TB-9XC3H

Pi Day code 2:

PS3 - K3C3J-6ZHC3-W5CKT-STW3T-JSKWH
X360 - CJC3J-659X6-3T9TX-WRJTB-BWK9J

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Careful X-boxers, a new update has inflicted the Badass Rank-glitch on lots of users again. Check the official forums for lots of discussion. Apparantly, installing the update from a different live-account than the one with your saves will avoid the problem.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Kifisonfire posted:

The solution seems to be start up each of your characters and you'll get all your badass points back.

This solution hasn't worked for everyone though.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Kifisonfire posted:

$5 regularly, free with the season pass. Also everyone gets the third playthrough, you don't need to pay for that I guess.

Third playthrough that can be done at level 50 without making oranges obsolete!? gently caress level raise, that's what I want!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
That class looks AWESOME to play!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Oh no, now comes the dilemma: Play Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode at level 50 and actually get to use all my oranges and play the main story at a predictable, balanced difficulty, OR play it with the cap raise, getting more skill points but jumping back on the gear-treadmill and making all my oranges obsolete??? Oh, and I guess, a .000000005% chance of getting a Pearlescent weapon if I get the cap raise. Agggh, it's a painful choice.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Greenplastic posted:

Oh no, now comes the dilemma: Play Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode at level 50 and actually get to use all my oranges and play the main story at a predictable, balanced difficulty, OR play it with the cap raise, getting more skill points but jumping back on the gear-treadmill and making all my oranges obsolete??? Oh, and I guess, a .000000005% chance of getting a Pearlescent weapon if I get the cap raise. Agggh, it's a painful choice.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=3891237#post3891237

My prayers have been answered! You can RESET Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode to play that poo poo again and again! Meaning I can do a run with my myriad of Oranges, then buy the DLC and get to the levelin' :D

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=262764

quote:

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details

- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
- No more tutorial missions -- characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the "Cleaning Up the Berg" mission.
- While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player's current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
- Gameplay changes in UVHM:
- Enemy health generally increased 4x.
- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
- Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
- Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.

Bullet-sponge time!!!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

diablos666 posted:

Dva Stalker

Wow!!!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
So, does the Treasure Room™ from Scarlett's scale with level? That is, if you get there early, will the chests level up as you level up?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Just tried the Loot Midget run in the Wildlife preserve for the first time. Two runs, two pearlescents :stare:

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Spergminer posted:

Does the Doctors Orders trick work for farming Jimmy Jenkins again? I tried to do it on a new character a while ago and I only saw one hyperion soldier midget in 30 runs.

I think it increases the chance a lot, yeah, but he's still rare. Never seen him myself.

By the way, after four runs total, I'm up to three pearlescents :D Kind of sad that the Unforgiven has the broken Dahl-scope, but still awesome!

And now a Two Fer Maggie on the fifth run :stare: These midgets are insane!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 14, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Marogareh posted:

Finally got my first pearl legit and it's a Butcher :swoon:

I got one today too! It's sooo good. Loot midgets or random drop? Thanks for helping me power through to the loot midgets yesterday by the way!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
God DAMMIT gearbox, it shouldn't be possible for a loving BOSS to drop 745$ and NOTHING else at level 57!!!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Minorities posted:

Farming loot midgets in the Exploitation Preserve is so much easier with the Creature Dome. Last night I just went in there and went out so it would save my entry point after I killed the midgets and it's saving tons of time.

Yes, but don't forget to collect the slag vials in the main quest in that area! If you complete the mission without completing the optional objective, it will be impossible to save at the Creature Dome, even if you save inside the area! This was confirmed by a Gearbox-guy on the official forums here: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=265624. I have to run all the way from the start every time :argh:

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

BrokenKnees posted:

I understand fixing the glitch.

How does it benefit anyone at all?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Minorities posted:

reducing your override cooldown

I thought Zer0 didn't have any melee override-skills? Did I misunderstand something?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

The Duke posted:

That one skill on the far right tree that lets you dash when you melee.

It doesn't have its own cooldown, it's just active when you're in decepti0n...

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

DecentHairJelly posted:

gently caress bloodwing,

If anyone knows a cheap way to kill that bitch, I'd love to hear it.

I had help on Bloodwing, but my mainstay for super-hard bosses on UVHM was a lvl 50 Sand Hawk (Reward from the mission "Whoops" in Scarlett's Booty) with a lvl 50 Bee shield (farmed from Hunter Hellquist). The Sand Hawk shoots 8 rounds per shot in a burst which all receive full Bee damage. If you go back to TVHM and get those two it shouldn't take too long to get a good cheese-solution for most of the annoying bosses, even at lvl 50.

The Sand Hawk also benefits a lot from the assassin Vel0city skill which speeds up it's projectiles immensely.

Doing Scarlett early in UVHM also gives you access to the Treasure Room which can be regularly farmed for updated equipment (and legendaries and pearlescents!).

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 29, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

HAmbONE posted:

Ok if I'm playing solo in UVHM and I defeat the Guardian 10x in a row...what are the chances that I would not get a single orange (PELLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!) but as well as only a couple of vanilla purples?

If you mean the Warrior, I've seen people on the official forums report over 500 kills with no legendary to show for it!

Edit: Farming him that is, the Moonshot supposedly scores an orange about 75% of the time.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 1, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

CJacobs posted:

Most of the problem with characters like Krieg and Zero is that their action skills are melee-based in a game that has enemies that literally never touch the ground. There are even bosses that are never not flying at high speeds! Krieg solves some of this problem with being able to hurl his buzz axe but part of the reason I haven't played much Zero is because his action skill is a lot more situational than the other characters'.

Zer0's execute skill pulls you towards enemies if you stab towards them in decepti0n, no matter the range, and it doesn't end decepti0n unless you get close enough to hit. The kicker is it pulls you straight towards the enemy, even if they're airborne! This means you can stab yourself flying through the air and airstab enemies.

Piston's Blimp oneshot airstab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeAD90yOvE0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I've been playing offline for a while because I need to clean out my overstocked bank before I update the game, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the current bank capacity with all upgrades?

• Locked thread