Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Kumquat has the perfect "manifesto in 5 fonts and 6 colors" voice.

SEMEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Invisible Ted posted:

Especially since nobody jokes about someone wanting to marry a male reader

We know Bunnybread isn't the type to get tied down so we don't bother.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Captain Capacitor posted:

My text generator has regressed somewhat, but it's getting better. Machine learning is hard, yo.

This is perfect for the John Kitchin voice.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Thank you all for the suggestions.

By the way, the F-Plus people are pretty much all goons, right? I've been wondering about that. Everything seems to point to it, from the choice of subject matter to their implied political beliefs and the fact that they charge a one-time membership fee of $10 for ballp.it.

They have a shared past with Portal Of Evil, which probably accounts more for those first two aspects, but I know a few have accounts and have even posted in this very thread.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rebel Blob posted:

How is the Snow Crash episode? I've listened to a few episodes and heard some references back to Snow Crash, which have made it sound like they misunderstood the book on a basic level.

It's not one of their funnier ones but it's okay.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

dijon du jour posted:

Yeah, that's really the best way to wrap up an episode.

I agree, it was clearly the best choice.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm in a production of Midsummer Night's Dream right now so the username Bottle Of Hay really threw me for a loop.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

McGlockenshire posted:

I think I'm broken.

If you're going to quote the episode, at least attribute it properly.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The only thing wrong with the Patreon episode is the overreactions. Just about everything else in it is solid.

Now the Tumblr one with Sylvia Plath, that thing was a goddamn trainwreck from the moment Kumquat's opener ended, and not in the fun way like Without Adult Supervision. :sigh:

You weren't into the deep cliterature?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I am genuinely offended that a system exists to give money to that Modest Medusa guy.

Knowing he's making a profit is good news for people who love bad news.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

This might just be the worst possible defense of Patreon I've ever read.

It led to the Travis Bickle On The Riviera Best Sports Movie Bracket episode so that makes it worthwhile.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The tumblr ones never really do much for me because those are the ones where it's most obvious that the subjects are just doofus teenagers and as such it comes off as a little mean.

I love the Dozerfleet one though, so I guess I'm a hypocrite.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

And if you write off the headmate episode as "mean" because it's about teenagers, do you do the same with School Survival?

It's not that I don't enjoy the tumblr episodes, "deep cliterature" is one of my favorite phrases in F+ history, I just don't enjoy them quite as much and as such don't revisit them as often as I do, say, John Kitchin or Dozerfleet. And yeah, School Survival is in that group, even if it does have the Buff Grandpa.

Also holy poo poo I had no idea the Dozerfleet dude was that old, but given that the college anecdotes are set in the mid-2000s I shouldn't be surprised.

E: and the tumblr ones are hampered by the constant confusion about how the tumblr interface is supposed to work, which is completely warranted but doesn't really translate into entertaining audio.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 24, 2016

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I don't believe John Coltrane's quartet is in a position to do that, or much of anything. :smugsmith:

I don't have that problem, goodbye!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

That Old Tree posted:

For some reason, "modern mysticism" bullshit is always funnier than "normal" magick crap. Someone trying to turn science into just a different kind of magic is dumber than something that is more acceptable to chalk up to religious belief, even though it amounts to the same thing.

Would you happen to be pointing your Doubting Thomas finger at them? You better think twice, save yourself the trouble of apologizing to Dutch Dalton later.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Abyssal Squid posted:

I honestly didn't think your description sounded anything like Kumquatxop he's just my favorite reader. v:shobon:v

YES HI HELLO, I AM... [pause for reading] ...uh, SCROTALWARRIOR15 AND I HAVE SOME OPINIONS

MENSTRUAL BLOOD

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Equeen posted:

None of these posts have BLOOD AND SEMEN in them.

That's what you think

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hashtag stay woke

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm glad the latest IDEOTV is reinforcing my distaste for Led Zeppelin.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TinTower posted:

I'm surprised ~CAROLYIINNNNEEEEE~ has only submitted eight.

I wonder where lemon got the money for that golden calculator.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I just don't find him funny or charismatic at all

Honestly, Collision is at his best during the dramatic readings, his voice is just so robust and he puts so much into the awful prose.

Oh dear God, the cherrywood!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It's a bummer that they already used the Return To Castle X title for the second Experience Project episode because Return To Castle Dozerfleet would have been a great title.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mods namechange to Jackal Slapnasty tia

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Alaois posted:

that can't be really what's on the pa-ah gently caress you

I immediately read it in the voice of Garrison Keillor.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

X-Ray Pecs posted:

That entire episode is a masterclass in how not to structure your sentences. "I wanna be in the front seat, I'm the one to consult!" "She bought a Samsung Galaxy 3 by me"

She gonna Rush Hour need it

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SMDH that all of you went for the name amalgam joke instead of envisioning a world where Batman himself is dramatically reading internet posts about not jerking off so you can attain enlightenment.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It looks pretty drat irritating:

I dunno, those last two acts seem at least pretty interesting, with that Christian weight loss one looking particularly wild.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Good GOD.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

I had assumed that Lemon would have bought https://armp.it and found something confusing

I too have seen Six Feet Under.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

dijon du jour posted:

I think that was the m-preg episode. The subjects were talking about these super elaborate fantasy worlds they've come up with while masturbating where men get prego.

Ugh. If you're going to jerk it, don't do it in the pasta aisle. Do it in the tissues aisle.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cup deez nutz IMO

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Edit: Just remembered the Pearl Prophet reference. That's not Heinlein; it's from the classic Van Damme vehicle Cyborg (she's the cyborg of the title). The Heinlein novel you were probably thinking of is Friday.

Did he also write Next Friday and Friday After Next or did they get someone else for those?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

i should try popping a molly

I've heard it just makes you sweaty.

Woo!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

BONOBOS!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Those are both fine, it's the dick bug guys I can't sit through.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

SIssykiss was gross but fine. Bugfuckers was hilarious. Plushie lovers was super-tame in comparison to both, mostly because it was a depressing look into the relatively safer minds of man-children.

The inevitable foot fetish episode took longer to get through than any of them but still had laughs in it.

Meanwhile, the one that I have yet to finish for whatever reason is still the Thumbsuckers. I don't even know why! It shouldn't be that gross in comparison to those four but it... just is.

That one is great if only for the poetry

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Actually, the worst F+ reading is drat near objectively Frank West's from the third live show.

U! S! A!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

I just can't read or hear any sounding poo poo without wincing horribly. Like a phantom pain or something.

They played our urethras like a drat fiddle!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

dijon du jour posted:

Hey just in case anyone in the thread hasn't seen Doggie B yet (for a refresher it was a reading in one of the ideas episodes that beyond belief somehow actually became a movie) it's free to watch if you have Amazon Prime.

I'm the massive number of typos in the articles off to the right.

I'm the massively stretched picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

My lean methodology is that I pour the syrup over the ice and then add the Sprite.