Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Stairmaster posted:

I wish to see the final villain in the manga be some sort of Raoh like figure to Saitama who did the exact same type of training that Saitama did.

And then lose to Saitama because he did something ridiculous like take a nice warm bath after exercising.

Nah, it's the leeks. Saitama eats his vegtables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AnonSpore posted:

Because I crowdsourced the title, am bad at titles anyway, and can't change it now.

If you really want to change it, a pm to Zorak would probably work.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Elbow Joint Panic

Is this the most panels with a "serious" Saitama ever?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The little girl trying to get Saitama in trouble has an oddly South Park face.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

onepixeljumpman posted:

It's ok if there's speculation, especially if it's increasingly ridiculous like if next arc they reveal that Saitama grew up near a radioactive landfill or something. I just don't want anything definitive.

I don't want any sort of explanation other than what Saitama has already given us. Unless it's other people postulating bizarre theories to him which he proves false.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
All I know is I wish I had a handkerchief that transformed into a rapier.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Only in this manga could that face on page 13 mean very bad things for the villain.

Also we meet another person who gained super powers via a vastly underpowered workout routine. The infomercials in this world that replace the P90X and Insanity Workout infomercials must be fantastic.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is no use. No lesser man could possibly endure Saitama's daily exercise routine.

I bet this guy uses his air conditioner and doesn't even eat a banana in the morning.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Liar posted:

I fully expect this guy to show up and announce (with a full head of hair) that he trained exactly as Saitama did everyday... Except for only two years and eleven months. Thereby making him no match for Saitama who endured that extra month.

Can't do that with a full head of hair since Saitama's started falling out at the begining. But if he turned on the AC or skipped breakfast/didn't eat a bannana every day, well that's a different story.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is it wrong that Mangapanda's prodigious watermarking with no regard to what's going on under the watermark annoys me more than their lovely translations?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I doubt it. The old guy saw what happened, and even if mass destruction was wrecked upon the city, it's still orders of magnitude less than it would have been.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Popo posted:

Don't mess with his boys, baby! Actually, I wonder what he'll make of Saitama baby.

Probably just won't be into baldies, which will of course crush Saitama's pride.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Why is page 16 just a white page? Is it just a representation of Saitama's anger at the Sea King having trampled a store that was having a clearance sale?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Condiv posted:

I'm getting tired of murata and his false promises! Where's the 100 page chapter we were promised?!

At this rate, next chapter is gonna be 3 pages and then another half month before next.

He apologized and seemed pretty disappointed that he only got 57 pages for that issue. Bringing it up is just being a jerk, man.

He even gave us this around the same time:

Being serious though, what is the average page count for an issue of One Punch Man? It's got to be in like the low 30s I'd think.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Condiv posted:

I swear to god I saw that mosquito bite him.

Mosquito lady sent a tsunami of mosquitoes over the area where Genos and Saitama were standing, then Genos caused an explosion in the same area. The result was that Saitama's cloths were destroyed but he was completely unhurt. The single mosquito that first caused Saitama to rage just buzzed around him like a fly.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DrSunshine posted:

Guys, there's no need to explain the origin of Saitama's powers. They are already explained. He did strength training for a year and lost all his hair and became invincible. That's it! There's nothing else there. He just did strength training and became a superhuman. I see no reason why I should reject that explanation and speculate on some "truly" superheroic cause, because this is a work of fantasy and primarily a comedy at that.

I still really want to see someone who mostly followed Saitama's regime and as a result isn't superhuman, but is bald. Like they turned on their AC in the summer, missed a couple meals, or biked 10k a day instead of running.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Liar posted:

I find myself questioning if this might be our first creature to not be a one-shot. Somehow he just doesn't look quite dead enough yet.

Nah, he lost his crown. Game over.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

NecroMonster posted:

And honestly, he probably hit him harder than he really needed to as well.

He didn't even really pull back for the punch. He just tossed a jab from his waist.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The next fight he's in, an army of cats he saved will come to his aide and defeat this unknown horror.

Cats know no loyalty and recognize no debts.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Prison Warden posted:

The reason Saitama became a hero is because, when he was a normal guy, he risked his life to save a child from a giant crab monster. Actions speak louder than words.

A seafood deal is a seafood deal.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

international owl day posted:

Well I started Saitama's strength training. After 35 days I have to say its pretty intense.

I bet you've been using air conditioning, cheater.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

international owl day posted:

How could Saitama have failed the written test so miserably? Did he accidentally mark every answer off by one or what?

Wasn't the written part an essay on heroism? Probably don't get high marks for Saitama's laid back reasoning.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Yeah, but he was 101st in B before, wasn't he? Now he's jumped to 63rd.

Maybe 38 different B heroes pulled the same trick as the A Class dude who tried to jump Saitama right after the hero exam.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Prison Warden posted:

My favourite bit is that they clearly have just set out enough chairs for all the S-class heroes, and had to pull up an extra chair because Saitama is there (and they are leaving No 1's empty for some reason), but Genos gave his chair to Saitama and took the extra one himself :v:

Metal Knight also didn't show up, so they just took his chair for Saitama. There's no empty chair between King and Child Emperor. Though according to their seating arrangement, not only is Saitama the strongest but Genos is number two. They're the only ones not sitting in their ranked order.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If you actually read the thread title before you post, it's pretty clear which thread is which. This is Onepunch-Man - The God of Comics has descended, and the poo poo just blew the gently caress up. The One thread is Onepunch-man by ONE - I may destroy the earth if this day gets any shittier.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It would seem to me that in titles where it's about fan-service that it would move product. However most of the time it's probably not making a difference and is there either because the artist likes it or the editors/artist think it will up sales. For example, I doubt people would quit reading Fairy Tail if it suddenly stopped with the fan-service.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The interface on Viz's reader is complete dogshit. Still, that was a great chapter. Saitama always pays back a food debt.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Autumncomet posted:

The interface on Viz's reader is also somehow better than Crunchyroll's. :negative: The apps are pretty good, and also the only way to get WSJ outside of North America. OPM is supposed to be bi-weekly, but I wouldn't count on that. If you read one of the other series it might be worth it to subscribe, although you can buy back issues up to three months back, so there's no worry of missing anything if you don't.

I just don't understand why they don't at the very least let you jump to a specific page if they can't do an interactive index. Unless the mobile apps let you but the online reader doesn't, which is bullshit.

Ottumon posted:

So, I'd have to read the chapters with my lovely phone? That seems like just about the worst way to enjoy OPM. It doesn't help either that I can't find any information about pricing and such on their webpage.

It's $25.99 for a year subscription and you can read it in a browser on your computer instead of on an app if you want. You also get 4 free Yu-Gi-Oh! cards with your purchase, because everyone plays Yu-Gi-Oh!, right? Who could turn down such a deal!

Gyges fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 5, 2013

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Ah, I tried using that and it just froze up so I didn't try again.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I would assume that scanalations would turn up in a couple days or so. Lord knows being able to buy it same day as Japan hasn't stopped the scans of most of the other mangas in jump.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Another Special Bonus Chapter came out in today's Jump. Saitama get's his toughest job yet, tracking down the cute little Torako. Marvel as a being appears who is actually able to harm the mighty Saitama.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Yes you can read it online instead of using an app.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like that guy. If someone says that your hammer won't solve the problem then you just hit that problem even harder with your hammer. loving nails need to learn their place.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
What is the Japanese site again?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Oh, it was added to the end of what we got last time. I was looking all over for something new and clicked that issue a couple times before I decided to go through it again to see if there was something new at the end.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So great.

Truly there is no such thing as a problem that can't be solved by just hitting/slicing it harder.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Onepunch-Man 43

Assuming that prophesy is translated correctly, I'd guess that it was actually about Bang. But you know, 20 years ago or whatever. You've got to take into account travel time, evil dude.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So when Saitama suddenly gets serious does Karl just get replaced by a super fit stuntman/action star without commenting on it? Because that's what I'm picturing and it's pretty awesome.

Karl Pilington and Jason Statham are Saitama.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

You just don't get art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If this doesn't result in the sickest elbow/fist drop in the history of mankind I shall be highly disappointed.