Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

My guard unit's old 1SG took a water buffalo onto I-80 behind an LMTV. He left the brakes on the buffalo and they were stuck on the side of the highway for like 12 hours.

:cawg:

How do you even do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey Vasudus, please postcock all of Lord Gaga's posts and the replies to him in this thread (and also this post), so the thread stays good.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I tried to get someone I know to post in this thread with some of his stories, but he said yours blow his out of the water, 50 Foot Ant :(

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Humper Monkey's thread about his son was what got me to join the forums, and is still one of the most :smith: things I have ever read.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That Pedro story is the best thing posted in this thread in a while.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

theAcidQueen posted:

My former Chief Engineer was an absolute idiot who insisted on chipping paint off of the MAIN REDUCTION GEAR inspection ports just prior to opening them for an annual inspection, and then being shocked and amazed when paint chips fell inside of the gear casing when he opened them.

Had we not had a former GS as an MPA, I am convinced we would have destroyed most of our engineering plant.

:gonk:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This is my favorite thread on the forums.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
For once, I actually have some content to post in this thread.

My grandfather enlisted in the Air Force in 1952 (it was either that or spend the next 30 years painting cathode ray tubes). He became a computer programmer, and spent the next decade or so bouncing around and doing stuff (including getting a medal for automating the Alaskan Airforce Command's payroll). Now, all of this is boring poo poo none of you want to hear about, so I'll skip over a bunch of it and get to the entertaining part: when he was stationed at Tyndall AFB in Florida. Being good at his job, he had a habit of finishing by noon and then spending the rest of the day "on call" in the NCO club in case something happened (nothing ever happened). All was well in NCO-land, until a new lieutenant showed up and got pissed because one of his NCOs was spending most of his shifts drunk in the club. Unwisely, my grandfather decided to ignore the lieutenant's order to stay in the office, leaving him the choice of taking an Article 15 (which would have ended his career) or transferring to the JSC (which probably would have ended his career). So off he goes to the Pentagon, because he couldn't keep away from the booze but didn't want to lose his pension :v:

(It turned out ok in the end; he collected two JCS commendations, Master Sergeant's stripes, and the Legion of Merit by the time he retired)

I guess this is kinda tame compared to some stuff posted in this thread, but getting in a pissing match with an officer when you're about 7 years out from retirement seems pretty dumb to me.

e: This wouldn't be the first male relative of mine, even on that side of the family, to get in a pissing match with a superior, either.

e2: wrong acronym :downs:

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 9, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Clearly making people stand outside for half the night is going to encourage good discipline, and not negatively impact unit readiness, as opposed to just making the people who did it feel murderous towards the NCO making them stand out there with their dicks in the wind for no good reason and towards the idiots that brought in the alcohol in the first place.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

LingcodKilla posted:

I had a coworker (marine vet) who would jerk off and try nail the field mice in his base at night while wearing night vision goggles.

Seems complicated but I've never been there.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How did that even happen? :stare:

e: It's in there rear end first, isn't it? That raises even more questions.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 13, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

probably fake, but entirely believable and p funny regardless

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Booblord Zagats posted:

That security cam footage where the tweaker accidentally kills his buddy while they were trying to rip an ATM out of the front of a 7/11

Got a link to this?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently someone went to the trouble of NJPing the Marine Corps dog multiple times :laugh:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Turtlicious posted:

I take about 120mg Adderall IR a day (prescribed by my doctor) but I will take week -> month breaks just to make sure im not twinging out. I feel fantastic when I'm taking it though, and it helps with my depression 10/10 would recommend.

drugs.txt

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My cousin just got NJPed for taking a poo poo on the hood of her CO's car while drunk :downs:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Flikken posted:

Couple of questions.

How did they describe the incident in the official paperwork?

How much was her punishment?

I will post when I find out. Something like half of my extended family is making fun of her on FB right now, which is probably a worse punishment than whatever a captain can do to her :laugh:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Itchy_Grundle posted:

We used to just call that a bitch bath or a whore bath.

What was nice was being able to heat up a lot of water in ammo cans using the tank exhaust. Still pretty much a whore bath but a wet washcloth beats a baby wipe.

isn't tank exhaust a carcinogen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey N4I, why did you delete your stories about the munitions facility?