Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Quick one, because it happened recently. C-130s have urinals in the back. C-130Js probably have nice chemical toilets too, but H models don't, they just have basically a urinal and you piss into it. The big question is, where does the piss go once you're done? The answer is that it exits the aircraft through a little valve on the side. Meanwhile the external refueling panel is a yard or two forward and during refueling operations the flight engineer is usually standing there looking at the gauges.

Cue the new loadmaster who knows none of this and takes a leak while we're refueling during a high tailwind. He now gets to do the FE's laundry for the rest of the deployment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I heard someone use the term "human weapons system" to unironically refer to people in the Air Force multiple times

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

iyaayas01 posted:

Fun fact: that person was in my flight.

he was actually an alright dude, just your stereotypical head in the clouds doc that was really smart but didn't do the best job of expressing his ideas in normal-people speak

Another fun fact: we actually physically prevented him from getting up and asking a question during that last "issues panel" or whatever. You're welcome.

Oh man gently caress youuuu I had money riding on that guy standing up and asking one last astonishingly bad question :( we just thought he finally came to his senses! Still if I could have documented that one question he asked to the colonel panel it would be perfect for this thread. "I'll ask again..."

Also soz we couldn't do BBQ, I thought I'd have a lot of free time at maxwell but I ended up busy basically the whole time. Not with class work so much as with getting drunk with my drinking club.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The south is old news, these days all the lunatics and idiots in the military come from Oregon, Washington and Montana .

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Sextant port? Are you referring to the cigarette smoke and solid food ejection hole?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

You could go flightline maintenance and work 12s forever, that would really secure your place in this thread

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

safetyStanddown posted:

What's the big deal, anyway? How is this more dangerous than all the other gear he's wearing? Is it considered FOD?

He landed on the dz which automatically makes him better than half those guys

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

go3 posted:

our entire strategy is enlisted.txt

actually I knew an officer that married a woman with 8 kids

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Are we still under the impression that CPR is actually only a short-term fix and a lot of doctors wouldn't want it, or was that just NPR talking

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Godholio posted:

I'll have you know I just read through an AFPC briefing and 11x manning is at 95%. 13B primary duty manning is at 97% and 13B staff manning is at 77% for an overall 13B manning level of 98%. :smug.

hahahaha what

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

Shore tour in Djibouti. This is why its triple dumb.

of loving course it's DJ that place is the absolute worst

it's got too many goddamn colonels because it's an easy box check for "joint tour" and those guys have to come with command staff, so you end up with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I’m sitting here waiting for a haircut in the bx (because I’m the first idiot in this story) and there is a dude wearing an actual embroidered hoodie celebrating the Trump inauguration. Like who knew there was merch at the inauguration. I automatically assume this dude paid north of $75 for this hoodie.