Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Signaleer posted:

On the bright side it sounds like they're fully qualified to become Iraqi EOD.

Or Afghan. I've seen their RCP procedures... it consists of three guys in front of the convoy: one that points at the ground and two that run over to the places pointed out and kick at the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ZappDash posted:

An MSM will be properly awarded within 6 months for his ACTIONS KEEPING WITH THE FINEST TRADITIONS OF MILITARY SERVICE AND REFLECT DISTINCT CREDIT UPON HIMSELF, GO gently caress YOURSELF BATTALION, AND THE UNITED STATES ARMY.

The MSM will finally give him the final push needed to get the coveted E-7. He will then finally be able to take a fresh butter bar under his wing and teach them the ways of the Army.

This is how Generals are born. Godspeed, pissranger, godspeed.

There's an E-7 in my battalion that stabbed one of his own guys in the chest as an E-6.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

Did the victim deserve it?

I wasn't around then, but the story goes that the victim had a knife on his plate carrier and the E-6 decided that the best way to teach a lesson was to show. He goes up, grabs the knife, says, "This is why you shouldn't put a knife on like that," then stabs the guy in the plate carrier. Victim was all Ranger and decided he didn't need his plates in that day, so the knife wasn't stopped by much and there was a good amount of force behind it. I'm pretty sure it just missed the dude's heart. Two idiots with one story.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

iyaayas01 posted:

Still find it hilarious that a FGO (O-5 IIRC) died huffing canned air in Iraq.

e: Nope it was a full bird.

While I was in Afghanistan an E-7 died huffing duster.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wild T posted:

I don't know if he's an idiot or a hero.

Hero

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mad Dragon posted:

-a SOF Marine

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Crazy Mike posted:

It's not about jumping out of planes. It's about being hooah enough to jump out of planes.

You're being serious again, aren't you Crazy Mike?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

bulletsponge13 posted:

I would have re-enlisted indefinitely on the spot if the Army promised powered armor and loving up other planets. The Skinny Raid alone was enough to get my dick hard, and the prospect of doing more poo poo like that would have been worth the terrible drop on Big K.
Plus, I would get cool cyborg poo poo.

I tell my NCOs this every time they ask me if I'm going to re-enlist.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Slo-Tek posted:

Sup Starship Troopers chat.

Please enjoy the musical stylings of Holy Light of Demons, and their rendition of the film in song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThrVQKl04Ak

I sing the poo poo out of this in the shower. "C'mon you apes, do you wanna live forev-er!?"

I can't stop listening to this drat song.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Unzip and Attack posted:

drat dude that sucks. Sounds trite but at least your mind works well - that was always my biggest fear, having a brain injury that left me unable to think or remember properly.

I always told people that I'd rather be dead than retarded...

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

PathAsc posted:

amount of Rip-Its I could leave with.

The one true measure of a good DFAC

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

chitoryu12 posted:

MREs don't cause constipation or diarrhea. Refusing to eat everything and scarfing down protein powder to bulk up while in a stressful environment will.

:frogout:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Came to the idiot thread because tons of new replies. Was not disappointed by the idiocy.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

About as dumb as it is to use a .50 round as a hammer.

:nms: http://i.imgur.com/yooUzXR.jpg :nms:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wild T posted:

Gotta hand it to him for that field expedient solution.

I feel like you really enjoyed the latest episode of Archer.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cole posted:

I would tell bang with a full mag because gently caress cleaning my rifle for three hours so the commander can check a block.

Or I would yell stupid poo poo. Like mock machine gun sounds because "I'm SF sir, we use full auto."

I liked to shout "Pew! Pew!"

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

A Kpro posted:

Dude would cause an avalanche and kill me anyway.

How much does a rocket cost? We could send one to Mars with a big flag of a dick so when the first people finally get there they'll know dick graffiti is an intergalactic phenomenon.

Already happened

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

joat mon posted:

coming to a stop and being slaughtered as you de rear end from the truck was the prescribed action in the mid 90s.

That reminds me of my one and only trip to JRTC before my last deployment. I was in a Delta company in the 82nd, so we were a mounted unit. We did one mission as a company convoy and were halfway out of COP Tillman when the lead truck in the convoy started to take contact from some OPFOR guys in the woods. OPFOR had only small arms so everybody is thinking that the lead platoon will just push through and we'll engage with 50s as we roll past. Instead the acting PSG of the lead platoon decides that having everyone dismount and chase through the woods after OPFOR is a far better idea, but in doing so he blocked the road and stopped the entire convoy with half of the trucks still inside the COP.

This jackass ends up getting most of his dismounts killed, but before we can even try to grab them OPFOR sends a VBIED to blow up the truck behind me and block the ECP of the COP, which means now we have to wait for a wrecker to pull the downed truck. This loving retarded rear end fifteen year E6 who is the downsiest motherfucker I've ever worked with in the army effectively got 12 people in a company of 80 killed because he thought dismounting in the middle of an ambush was the best thing to do. He's a drill sergeant now.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wurzag posted:

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but what's the background to this?

Bagram Airfield was a Russian base and no poo poo minefield during their war in Afghanistan. You can still find mines there and all sorts of Russian junk.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cojawfee posted:

It was probably when they started baptizing jews who died in the holocaust.

I didn't know this was a thing so I looked it up. Holy poo poo it's really a thing. What the gently caress, Mormons?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

did you just use appropriate in gip in a non-ironic manner

:frogout:

Was it not an appropriate use?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

My wallet is actually wearing through a pair of jeans I've had for roughly a decade.

Better put it in your sock!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Reverand maynard posted:

I have a recurring nightmare where I wake up on a base in Afghanistan and no one believes me when I say I've already gotten out and I'm a civilian.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

`Nemesis posted:

From Reddit...

"My buddy is currently at Parris Island going through boot camp and this is a letter we received from him."

Should have learned some grammar, too

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Thump! posted:

Why bother with weed? Just smoke some methfreebase :shrug:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

hogmartin posted:

Why bother with terminal when you can freebase in VLC and leave your poo poo there and have the dogs go through everybody's barracks rooms?

I'm listening :allears:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Holy poo poo this thread is full of loving retards slap fighting about dumb poo poo

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the idea that anyone in the military has any idea about guns outside of the serial number of the one theyre issued is loving laughable

I know which end is the shooty bit and that you can't shoot it without gun food

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Booblord Zagats posted:

I think there's a video of some guy in ARMA 2 in a group like that where he keeps going super realistic with it and doing poo poo like losing his gun when he goes to take a piss and complaining about the guy being the Lt. to everyone else

I feel like your description is infinitely funnier than the actual video

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

A Bad Poster posted:

According to Facebook trash, there is a gym in the white house being owned by a pidgeot named "Merica".

I hope it belongs to Obama

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

why does asexual need to be a part of it, realtalk

like can i join the naacp because of my lack of blackness

It's not easy being ace

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

not caring here posted:

Much to my utter horror, almost everyone, almost never.

I'm one of those people unless I'm on an incline or driving stick.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Splode posted:

In Australia, everybody uses the handbrake, even if it's one of those dumb tiny foot pedals. Whether the car is an automatic or not makes no difference. People will do it on dead flat ground because it's just muscle memory.

I am stunned by this revelation, the US is clearly full of idiots.

It took you finding out we don't use handbrakes to decide we're idiots?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

chemosh6969 posted:

I learned on a super touchy toyota corolla. I hated that thing but once I eventually got the hang of it, I could drive every normal manual transmission easy.

I learned on a super lovely 1981 Mustang with a mostly worn out clutch. Driving anything manual newer than that is amazingly easy.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Softface posted:

You never forget your first time in combat. I'll never forget mine.

We were mounted up, people were coming out of their houses to wish us well. Man, we were scared, and we looked it. We thought we had been trained, but you can't train for the real thing. When we started moving out....man, its like we didn't even know how to use our equipment. Suddenly it felt that our uniforms were loose-fitting, our helmets falling over our eyes. Nerves, I guess.

Then it happened. Contact - front. We hadn't even dismounted. People have no idea. They think you'll remember the smell of GSR, the supersonic cracks, poo poo like that. I can't remember a loving thing about any of that poo poo, its a blur. What sticks with you though, what sticks with you 100 percent is what your comrades are saying, when they're hit, when they're fighting, when they're scared.

I'll never forget the words "What is wrong with you Abu Hajar!?!" being roared at me by my panicking comrades.

War is hell, kiddos.

:perfect:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The URL made me think they tweeted lies perpetuated by Trump, not the fact that Trump constantly lies

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

chemosh6969 posted:

I remember being in when B Clinton was making changes to do more with less in the military and that poo poo sucked. I'm not saying vote Trump but does anyone think Hillary is going to make daily life better for those still stuck in service?

I like how that article also makes it a point to include the gender of the person that did the dumb tweet.

Lol at making poo poo better for people that are still in. Let's make poo poo better for people that are out and especially people that never join. Let's ensure that they don't have to join or deal with whatever problems a Trump presidency brings. Any chafing in the military because of a Clinton presidency is far better than the alternative and if it means a few Joes get released from the military then so be it. If it means some generals and admirals get let go then all the better.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

chemosh6969 posted:

This is the military forum. I think you want the beatnik club next door.

If you didn't learn from service in the military that it's all gay and anyone in is retarded then I don't know what to tell you

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

canyoneer posted:

https://www.jqpublicblog.com/air-force-finally-coming-around-fitness/

Someone shared with me their experience of being forced to do "crossfit style" PT which involved hauling rusted out, jagged-edged ammo cans full of rocks. He complained that it was stupid and would injure people for no reason, and was told "and what are you going to do when you are the only airman left, and they need you to carry ammo to the flight-line?"

He's actually in great shape, but if the service demands that the carpet-dwelling officers with math degrees need to start hauling ammo we've probably already lost whatever conflict just happened.

I always loved that logic that people running PT used. "Just keep running five more miles! What would you do if we were in combat?"

gently caress you, we're a heavy weapons platoon that rolls everywhere in trucks. I would probably keep driving rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Booblord Zagats posted:

"Collapse and wait for the welcome and sweet embrace of death" would have been my answer if the Marines ever asked such questions. Instead we were just called slurs a bunch until we started to run again to stop the dumb DI impression every over motivated rear end in a top hat does.

I actually said the truck thing on a run once when my leadership was trying to motivate us to run an extra mile. I got smoked for it and everything because I "questioned the orders of my leadership or some poo poo".