Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Casimir Radon posted:

Also I forgot: stripper model

Are either or both pregnant yet?

Also, thanks. I thought it would take a Mustang post for me to feel better about being on a job I'm barely allowed to do because OPM can't read and keeps kicking poo poo back for info I already put on the form.

Not sure if they're the idiot for lacking reading comprehension, or I am for staying in till the clearance clears.

We are all the idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Flikken posted:

Maybe it's the camera but aren't medals supposed to be on the other side of his chest?

On USMC blues if you're wearing medals, the awards that are medals are worn on the right breast with ribbons on the left.

This has been your MCO p1020.whatever moment.

Dude is still a boot bitch idiot hellfucker.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Most of the marching poo poo lost any and all relevance when industrialized warfare killed volley fire tactics. So of course the kind of retard who makes it to career koolaid drinking loves it and tries to keep it because "tradition".

There was a point when shining your boots was how you made them last. That point has long since passed. But forest for the trees types will continue to poo poo on nubs because they got shat on.

Is it shat, shitted, shits'ved?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Sounds like me twenty years ago. Tell her to go contract artillery. The cycle of stupid must continue. The wheel turns as the wheel wills.

If your brothers wife died slowly of cancer and he immediately remarried to the person he cheated on his dying wife with, then purposefully moved to jobs 1000+ miles away from any family support network the kid had, well... that's just creepy.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

not caring here posted:

Really it just sounds like she needs a tutor and has nearly given up on school.

This a thousand times. And uhh, bullshit and bravado aside, maybe see if they're being neglected in other ways. I'm projecting here a bit but this poo poo sounds real familiar.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

The Rat posted:

The Iraq invasion kicked off while I was finishing up high school, a few months before I shipped to Basic.

I remember thinking "Aw man I hope I don't miss the war."

In retrospect it was a very silly thing to think.

There were people on before the towers fell who were mad they missed or were born too late for Vietnam.

I'm not sure what the takeaway from that is supposed to be. People who want to test or prove themselves can be very dumb?

Also, don't remember getting a phonecard for OIF. But we didn't get mail either until well into when we were into patrolling and had to send working parties to the army to do their drat job for them.

Our leadership would also never tell us when the engineers or eod were doing a controlled det. Then get mad when we called reac up, or got into fighting positions when poo poo went off.

You know, in an environment where we were looking for guys trying to shoot us or blow us up...

Surprised we didn't have more fratricide than we did.

Don't mean to be so morose. Just got to the part of a book that covers some of what I was there for. Brought up some memories and anger.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Better them than me, the only contract artilleryman when I hit the fleet.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

DoktorLoken posted:

drat. Didn’t computers or intel stuff sound interesting enough for you guys?

Not enough poo poo exploding because I wanted it to. Had some poo poo to work out.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Goodpancakes posted:

What is sneaking a protein shake code for LMAO

Couldn't be homoerotocism. That would be a "promote ahead of peers" situation.

I'm gonna guess drugs or booze. Since beer is made from grains, and whey comes from a grain, ergo beer = protein shake.

If it was actually for dietary supplements that's retarded and he deserves what he's getting by enlisting.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Internet Wizard posted:

Whey is a dairy protein that’s a by-product of cheese production

Look, I've enlisted more than once. There's a reason I'm in this thread.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Shot just the powder charge out of a M198 155mm howitzer once. Exactly once. Its when the new (as of 2001 or 2002?) ET (electronic timed) fuzes were being tested, had the nerds from the company that makes them out there and it was a lot of "by piece, by round, at my command" (by gun, by bullet, one at a time). The command you're usually waiting for at the end of your FIRE MISSION (which your supposed to yell when you hear it, like with general order #2) is QUADRANT, which per SOP at the time, probably still is, is FDC passing on the command to load and follow method of fire and control.

By piece, by round, at my command sometimes means time on target type missions, or you're prepping for a raid or you're in training and they want to see which gun or crew is the most or least hosed up or it's some crawl, walk, run poo poo as things get stepped up during a training op. So it's usually slow. Like you fuze up the round, set the fuze (time for timed fuzes, so forth and so on) and then can be waiting minutes or hours to get the command to fire. A repeat call is issued to the gun line via them saying QUADRANT (number goes here) over the comms again. It can also be used as the command to go hot and fire. It's the go word at the end of the DA 4513 basically. Since of course there is a specific obscure DoD paper for this. Some time around noon, but after we'd fired a few rounds and had a few "standby" calls that last for 30 minutes or longer as kinks are worked out somewhere and at least once had to pull a powder out after being ready to pull lanyard due to I think hot tube conditions (or just waiting for long enough in training, you pull it and put it back in the aluminum can it came in)

Blah blah blah, wall of text, lots of our time spent waiting, listening, bored out of our loving minds and Marines being what they are, standby and nap, gently caress around, trade insults, dig holes, insult dug hole, get to dig new hole, forget that we're still technically still in a fire mission and hear the holy word QUADRANT and being kinda smoked at this point somehow the ammo team forgot there wasn't a round in the tube and the powder monkey and number one man load and fire a powder.

Most of us realized it was just a powder sometime after we ran a half mile in record time away from the gun except the Section Chief, one of the most Irish American people in the Corps at the time, who once drank my roommates wild turkey dinner on thanksgiving after fighting with his wife, only to have the MPs come and fetch him, who was just laughing at the whole thing. Which left us wondering if he was suicidal or something because fire pouring out of the front of the end of the tube means a stuck round, which is going to get hotter and hotter until it goes off. Except this rear end in a top hat had already seen idiots shoot just a powder several times. He laughed for days. We were the idiots. About seven of us. Not including the company reps who also ran like gently caress.

TL:DR once, at Marine camp, we ND'd a howitzer. It shot fire. Just fire. Like several meters of fire straight out of the tube. While the deranged leader just laughed, possibly welcoming fast hot death.

Edit: No one I've met in the Army or Guard has been quite the same kind of broken as the other Marines I know.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

That can depend on the battery or batallion. In my battery we did. If you were there more than a few months they were getting you gunner certified and expected you to know every job on the gun line. Doesn't mean you'd do every job on the gun line, especially if you were a big fucker who could a-gun and do ammo without tiring. Elevating that tube for 400+ mil missions gets tiring fast and a-gunners usually do ammo once the quadrant is set.

Obligatory I'm the idiot for enlisting more than once.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

Considering that the generals still tried to stage a coup and take over after the bombs fell, I don't think arguments about us not needing to drop them have tons of merit.

Certainly not a megaton of merit.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

King of Bees posted:

He was pretty cool with all things Western but Tojo was the real power in WWII Japan and was a totally insane nationalist.

Tojo did 12/7.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

I have a new idiot story for you gents that I'd like to share. The new private in my squad just got his nickname this weekend. A little background, I'm currently with a National Guard company because about 11 years ago I felt like poo poo and wanted to die well, there's the part where I'm an idiot.

Now for the new guy who I will refer to as S.H., we're on Ft.Bliss range 62, team live fire range, same range where an annual training or two ago a lot of our guys found out what rattlesnake tastes like, because they killed and ate two, then made a handle for the guide on out of their skin. So we have some history on this range. Anyway I'd just run an iteration and was feeling kinda crap, best friends sister died last weekend, service is next weekend and I'm kind of moping around the bleachers, when I see a gaggle of privates raptly paying attention to one with a wet PC. This instantly set off alarms in my head because when a group of boots cherries is paying attention to one of their own something either has or is about to go wrong. Their conversation was about as follows, about five of them total.

Dude #1 "Why is your PC wet and kinda blue"

S.H. "I was in the port-a-shitter taking a piss when I felt I'd dropped something. My PC fell into the shitter."

Dude #2 "And?"

S.H "I fished it out."

Dude #1 "Is that it?"

S.H. "It's ok, I rinsed it off"

So I'm standing there after hearing this all :catstare: looking around the bleachers for an adult and I see the next best thing, a corpsman medic and I in a stage whisper ask her about a hypothetical, "Hey doc, can someone get sick if they wear a PC that they fished out of the shitter?"

Doc :catstare: "Who is it? And yes, they can get pinkeye and other poo poo from the bacteria"

"S.H. over there."

Doc then grabs S.H. and goes and finds the senior NCOs who half compassionately and half disgustedly find him a replacement PC, have him bury the poop hat and christen the private with the new name ShitHat. AKA PoopHat, AKA ShitHead.

When not running lanes the rest of the four days we were there involved a lot of hypotheticals. "Would you rather eat that bug, or wear a shithat?" "uhh, eat the bug and ask for seconds?"

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Asking for a friend, but uhh, how?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Meanwhile the U.S. somehow got to the point where the worst thing about the Humvee is fitting into it if you're over 6'00" with all of your poo poo on. Or going uphill faster than 45mph. Thank you Canadian, for making me feel better.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Welcome to Costco, I love you.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Syrian Lannister posted:

Tuna with noodles was ok as was omelet with ham. Chicken and rice, bbq pork and rice, spaghetti w sauce, meatballs with sauce, and beef stew were all good too.

Ham slice was like eating brine soaked leather. Chicken ala king looked like cat vomit. Escalloped potatoes with ham had a very weird texture.

Never had the corned beef hash or chicken stew.

(Yes I looked up the menu that was available when I was in)

Best thing about the ham slice was you could fold it over, gently caress it, and have a field expedient pussy.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Going through old pictures, wanted to point out that we all know that someone who was why this sign existed. BIAP I think, around 2010.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

It’s almost funny how little respect many people in the military have for the dudes who actually risked their lives in the course of their military service.

Yeah, if it wasn't for those friendly fire incidents I would have stayed in.