Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

One of those larges can be a medium now :smug:

good job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I might be able to do a tshirt thing again. Lemme decide if i have the gumption.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The way i did it, mcnally, is by gathering all the sizes, placing the order with everything shipped to myself, and then collected shirt cost plus shipping from everyone. Tshirts fit nicely into the small usps flat rate box, so that’s what i used for everyone.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I just read this entire thread over the course of a week. I can now say a total of 3 things with absolute certainty about any given military:

1. It's the gayest thing in the loving world.
2. Ahahahah I am so glad I was never in.
3. smdftb

p good synopsis imo. Also welcome to gip we’re not so bad down here.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the system works

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I’m pretty sure he’s an idiot. None of those checks require storing anything in plaintext or even in a reversibly encrypted form. Storing hashes of 5 prev passwords is trivial to check against, and it’s possible to know that a password is too close to a previous password if you know the entire hash/salting process.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AF will just try to convert them to christianity or purge them otherwise.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

Is there any reason to go one way or the other, or is he just too cheap to spend the $2 on a new rack?

marines don't stack medals until they get 6. pretty sure I had a 4 wide rack I used as well at one point that was fine on my navy uniforms.

e: yeah here's from navy regs:

quote:

5314. LARGE MEDALS

1. Manner of Wear. Large medals are worn on the service coat or jumper of Full Dress Blues and Full Dress White. When wearing more than one medal, suspend them from a holding bar that supports the medals' weight. Place the holding bar of the lowest row of medals in the same position as the lowest ribbon bar. The bars measure 4-1/8 inches wide, and each row of medals is 3-1/4 inches long from the top of the suspension ribbons to bottom of medals, so that bottom of medals dress in a horizontal line. Multiple rows of medals should be grouped with the same number of medals in each row, with the lesser number in the top row if necessary. A maximum of three medals may be worn side by side in a single row with no overlap. Arrange four or more medals (maximum of five in a single row) following the layout in <Table 5-3-1>. Overlapping shall be proportional and the inboard medal shall show in full. Mount the medals so they cover the suspension ribbons of the medals below.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 7, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marines hand out frat charges for E5 and below hooking up with each other? :wtc:

i mean i guess this was a senior/subordinate situation, but it's also the bottom half of junior enlisted loving each other. if she was an SNCO loving an E1, maybe, but still this is really loving dumb and sounds like someone looking for an easy way to railroad her out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

She even married the guy, so it's not like it was just some fling. This screams that they just wanted to get rid of her and were looking for any excuse.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

chitoryu12 posted:

The Marines aren't used to the women having sex willingly and it scared them.

Just adding to all the empty quotes because this is a home run.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Defleshed and Joat are the oldest otherwise, I think, and defleshed hasn't posted in ~3 years last I looked.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DoktorLoken posted:

Whatever happened to Greenmeat? That dude was old as gently caress too, cool guy though.

Retired and is living on a farm away from the rough and tumble life of the army and the internet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Navy is the only branch that really needs to exist.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Aren't BAH rules dependent on specific circumstance? Like claimed dependents and the like? I doubt it's as hard and fast as once you got it, you got it.

gently caress me mr. law man that poo poo's written down. Look it up. Your job is to be the research bitch forever now. You chose this role.

But seriously, I don't have an answer to the question either and can't give a gently caress to look it up myself because gently caress you if you're still in.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nyn posted:

Just wanted to point out, once you receive BAH for being married / having dependents. Regardless of divorce or loss of custody you can not lose dependent based BAH. For you will in some form owe payment in either child support or alimony.

This being stated points that your section “A.” Is either false information fed tontou or a lie you created in the sake for telling a story.

-Nyn

:lol:

You're wrong, btw. I spent five minutes and found ways you can lose dependent bah after divorce.

M_Gargantua posted:

Signing posts by someone who might still be in and spergs too much about policy. :thunk: I think we have a new thread idiot?

I didn't pay too much attention to his post originally because i was just scrolling by on my phone. Thanks for getting me to go look back.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Yeah no sweat just pay me BIOTCH

Hopefully you do get paid and don't have to work for free for over 2 years to get a job. I'm still unemployed and only potentially have legal fees pending if the people I send demand letters to do not settle immediately (they will).

You chose to go into a profession where a non-trivial number of graduates from better schools than the one you're in cannot find meaningful employment. Entry level wages for attorneys in Florida, for example, are the exact same as they was 20 years ago ($39-42k). Only a handful of state attorneys in florida break 6 figures period. Also reminder that Florida is not the worst state when it comes to lawyer wages. Private sector wages are only 10-30% higher.

The only way you will make any money is if you are the number 1-3 person in your class, and even then you're going to be a monstrous wage slave. You still have time to drop out and get a real education that will set you up for life instead of wasting your money on law school.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jacksonville is not starting pay at $110k. I haven’t found anything in Florida remotely close to $100k starting.

Biglaw is also at $190k right now to start.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vengarr posted:

If they knew the tanker was there, and they couldn’t work out a safe way to go around, why didn’t they just stop and wait for it to pass...? Am I crazy? I don’t know anything about ships, but isn’t that a no-brainer?

Ships can’t really “stop.” The best they can do to slow themselves rapidly is to throw everything in reverse. Honestly not super duper up on how well an OHP Frigate can slow, but it’s not something you do often or in traffic.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Man, what's the point of being a colonel if you can't even get your minions to build you a dog park. That's got to be one of the lamest reasons to get fired.

"I had an affair with a married junior enlisted member."

"I accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes."

"I sold national secrets to China."

"I really, really wanted a dog park next to my house."

Former captain of mine (and three to four other goons) got fired from his O-6 major command in large part because he let the crew of the ship keep a live goat onboard for a San Diego to Hawaii transit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Here’s one of a few articles about Banigan getting fired for his goat:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3071209/Navy-captain-loses-job-GOAT-kept-board-missile-cruiser-chained-stern-2-600-mile-voyage.html

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If army docs at tripler hadn't misdiagnosed my labrum tear in my hip as cerebral ballsy I would have never been medboarded.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't know who came up with it but I loving love it and have used it since.

Things have been so much different since I got my hip repaired. Yeah, it aches sometimes still, but holy poo poo everything is better.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

I think I missed that update, glad they got it sorted.

Yeah it was a torn labrum in my hip all along. Got it fixed in august. It's been great.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Refusal to voluntarily unlock your devices for search by TSA means they will indefinitely confiscate them and try to brute force their way into them instead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

my kinda ape posted:

lol ok then I'm leaving and you can arrest me and get me a lawyer if you want

In a lot of those cases you're being prevented from entering the USA not just getting on a flight. You're not free to go, because you're trying to come into the country and they literally do not have to let you in if they don't want.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

All of these password attempts and other things to prevent them from accessing means they just seize your device with likely permanence. You have zero rights when entering the country right now even as a citizen. You either comply with TSA/ICE or you don’t enter.

They do not “arrest” you, so there is no 6th amendment right to counsel. They are statutorily authorized to perform searches so no 4th amendment protections. No one has successfully challenged any of this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Doc Hawkins posted:

in my experience the easiest low-risk way to bother patters-down is to truthfully tell them you are not wearing underwear

my kinda ape posted:

Oh that? That's just my steel cock ring.

They don't care. They will rub you all over whether you want them to or not. I was told it was either that or I didn't clear security to get on my flight the last time I flew.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I have a friend working in Geneva right now. He says german switzerland is cool but the french swiss are assholes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CainFortea posted:

Well of course the GERMAN swiss would say that about french swiss.

He’s second generation American (but his family is Argentinian German, soooooo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's glorious.