Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
When I saw Franklin on 21 (40) I knew he would at least bat out the innings. He cannot be played in tests until he decides whether he is a batsman or a bowler (answer: Batsman, so loving play like it!), but this display is exactly what was required of him today. That 1st 4 off the last over was beautiful, and makes me remember that he got Mumbai through the finals games of the CLT20 single-handedly. Franklin sucks when the outcome is predetermined but when it is just winnable he shines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Mister Chief posted:

Just wearing them down.

Seems to be working...

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

goatface posted:

Now they just need a traditional collapse.

Nah a collapse would raise our run rate...

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Captains knock

e: f, b.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
It was the umpires fault. I think the Saffers wanted to bowl the last one (at the NZ no. 11) but the umpire had already called over and couldn't uncall it.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Good to see the English are taking this result with their usual stoic nature :rolleye:

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

RideTheSpiral posted:

So ODIs are just 30 overs of blocking followed by a lovely T20 now? Is that right?

With 2 balls now I think ODI's are even more about 'constructing' an innings. Especially for NZ, with their trouble protecting wickets, to let the balls age 10 overs each is not necessarily the worst idea.

Edit: This is a poorly constructed innings.

exmachina fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 20, 2013

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Why is England allowed to play real cricket?

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Ratios and Tendency posted:

People want to know
who we are

We are the posters
the lovely english posters

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

goatface posted:

Wow, he's in the ICU and everything.

Someone's really bet big on the daredevils not winning this year.

This is actually potentially true, sadly.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
So in the kolkata vs pune game Parthan just got dismissed obstructing the field after kicking the call down the pitch when his partner messed up the call and was still at his end. The best part was he was on 72 (44) and his partner was fresh.

Actually I lie the best part was watching some immigrants from kolkata acting confused and then trying to justify his action.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Lionel Richie posted:

This is all happening too quickly, Giles won't be getting the job at this rate and we'll end up with Peter Moores again. A man who, after a close defeat to New Zealand in a random ODI got all the players to go straight back outside and do a full training session on the pitch to show them how "up for it" they were, because he'd read it in Michael Jordan's autobiography or something. The New Zealand players were sat on the balcony with a beer laughing their tits off.

I heard Fleming was being considered, and since he probably won't be doing anything this year...

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Smorgasbord posted:

Ah ok. Yeah that's one of those rules that basically never comes into play but someone like Inzamam al-Haq probably got timed out in hilarious circumstances once.

And that guy in the 20's who died in a carcrash between days and was timed out at the resumption of play the next day.

Of course that was not at all hilarious, mind.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Unimpressed posted:

Allow ball tampering!

Some degree of ball tampering could be acceptable I guess, have to have a long discussion about it tho.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
I just hope the anti-corruption team will be investigating this match.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
How much was cook paying to make a ton this match

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

thehappyprince posted:

i hope someone kills that australian commentator in front of his family

Haha that is Danny Morrison. Born a kiwi, technically. Was the phantom before the phantom.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Big Wagner fan here, always believed in him. Neil Wagner is a good bowler is something you might hear me say in regular conversation.

But when you do is it Wag-ner or Vag-ner?

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Goddamn the weather today in Auckland is about 30 degrees with blue skies and no wind. There is a god, and he thinks very little of cricket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
I think the new thread is just for India England and Australians, and once every 3 years they let other teams post there for a 2-post series.

• Locked thread