Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
So I've been playing the original (OpenXcom with Luke's Extra UFOs and the terrain pack) and I keep forgetting to add stun bombs to the skyranger so I can actually know they're at Cydonia rather than one of the other strangely artificial features on Mars. durr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

PayingForTheView posted:

Hey: does anyone know of a mod where you can pick up/swap your fallen comrade's item with yours? I miss that about the original.

While we're adding things from the original, does anyone have a bugfix for the lovely interception music playing instead of the rad as hell song they should have used?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Decrepus posted:

If you get a Sectoid terror mission that early it really sucks and it basically the worst possible start you could have. You should give it another go. :)

Barring that bug in the original that lets you get an Ethereal base assault the first week of January...

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

OpenXcom's AI is totally different and it has its own bugs still, including some rather annoying ones in 1.0. Probably still preferable, mind.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Does anyone know how to make Enforcer run in higher resolutions? Even 4:3 at native lcd resolution is better than vaseline mode.

(And yes... I'm playing Enforcer. I'm bored of UFO Defense and Enemy Within for the moment, and not *quite* masochistic enough to play TFTD.)

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

RoanHorse posted:

What does Enforcer have that makes it work in the X-com franchise, if I may ask?

Nothing, really. Sectoids, Cyberdisks, "Mutons", and "Reapers", I guess?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Real answer: Those civies are running towards the zone, trying to figure out what is going on. Advent is probably worried about potential Xcom sympathizers and is thus taking a zero tolerance stance on ANYONE interacting with them in any way. They control the mass media so its not like they have to worry about bad publicity resulting from a few broken jaws.

And they can use their control of the media to point out that the XCOM terrorists would have *shot* them. Yes, they're on the ground and have a couple broken bones. Bones heal, probably very well thanks to the medical advances our Visitor friends brought.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Halman posted:

If you don't think X-COM 2: The Book: A Novel About Snaketits is going to be amazing then you owe it to yourself to find a copy of Diane Duane's X-COM novel, about an intrepid commander's mission to build a new base and also judge some cows at a harvest festival or something idk it was hilariously bad.

If it's Diane Duane again I'll read it. That may have been terrible, I've never managed to find a copy, but she's got me wrapped around her finger between Young Wizards and some of her Star Trek work.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

Base it off of Madoka Magica and it'd be pretty swank.

Jeeze. As if XCOM's world wasn't crapsacky enough.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why would you want to change the in-game music god drat now I'm angry.

To fix the glaring oversight of not using the old Interception music.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

RoanHorse posted:

Anyone here played Enemy? It was refreshing to go back to an openly voxel-based game with TUs, but without a research meta-game I found it very hard to actually differentiate my tactics from anyone else's for way too long.

Can we get a link? That is one of the least searchable games this side of "Video Game".

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

I've been subjecting myself to Terror from the Deep to try to help make OpenXcom TFTD broken only in the ways it's supposed to be.

Why am I doing this to myself. WHY?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

If Chief Shen isn't all "MOM!?" when Vahlen inevitably shows up I'm gonna be sad.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Dear Microprose: who the hell thought gauss weapons should need ammo? They're utterly pointless, you can research sonic just as early...

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Today, I learned that Tasoth have MC. In April. On a cruise ship.

Just shoot me now.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

pun pundit posted:

If you actually attempt a cruise ship terror mission, chances are that you stop playing TFTD before it finishes.

Yep. I actually made it through the first map with no fatalities (one guy got stunned because he kept getting his rear end MCed), but in the second one, one of those loving dinosaur reaper things murdered half my squad, while the other half all failed shots on a biodrone. I don't know if I'll go back to TFTD now.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

Have we got confirmation yet that XCOM 2 will contain Operation Adjective Noun?

While we're at it, is there an Operation Adjective Noun mod for OpenXcom yet?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

It'd be kind of funny to get a rotation of Siri, Cortana, Echo, and the Google maps voice. Especially if the last one insisted in giving directions, regardless of the situation.

"You took a different way, commander, calculating new route."

At least one voice clip needs to imply it's getting close to the Anger stage. "Crush the organics! I mean, the alien ones!"

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

So apparently Disney threw together an almost-half-decent battlescape clone with Star Wars Rebels characters. Heh.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

does anyone have the list of parts for mission names in EW?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Alkydere posted:

I feel the same way but I suspect it more "delayed" the hype than killed it for me. I'm pretty sure when January rolls around I'll be frothing at the mouth again, all hyped up for XCOM2: Guerrilla Boogaloo.

I packed up my XCOM hype and have it crated up for January or so. Meanwhile I've dusted off the Star Wars hype I last used for RotS.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

God damnit in TFTD stuff I keep reading 'biodrone' as 'bitcoin' somehow and getting really really confused about why people are shoving bitcoins into classic games.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

if you can see the future in such detail would you be willing to share next week's lottery numbers

Human behavior is pretty far from random events, and a lot more predictable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

I haven't paid attention in months, is xcom 2 looking good or not?

• Locked thread