Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Why does robin need me to provide wood fir a shipping box that is by her own admission completely prefabricated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Hi my beautiful wife Leah just gave me some weeds (dandelions) and said that she planted them out back? Some weeds as a token of her love? After I gave her some 2000g wine and 1500 g truffles? What do I do here?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Pththya-lyi posted:

Why are you giving her such expensive gifts, anyway? She's perfectly happy with stuff you find on the ground

thats where i find truffles yes.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

shane loving sends me a diGiornio pizza he stole from his job 4 years ago in the mail where it defrosted. i understand he's depressed but good lord.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

I put an orchard on my standard farm and it’s kind of disappointing tbh after taking a season to grow. Thinking about killing it to expand my beehive operation since I’ve run out of space

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Maru just breathlessly told me that she went to Pierre’s and picked up some sap because Robin asked her to bring home some good ingredients for dinner. I am considering how lucky I am to have my weed-gifting wife now.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

“Don’t tell everyone in town I’m doing aerobics” asks Harvey with a full quarter of the town’s population in the room.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Clint and Alex for sure do, probably Shane as well. Maybe Sam. No one else gives a poo poo.

Who would Shane make fun of him to? His frozen pizza?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The one thing I always fail at with this game is making a nice looking farm. I'm just never inspired to fix things up.

Y'all should post pictures of your farms for some motivation. Or just to show off. Either way, definitely post farm pics.

collect a bunch of clay from ginger island, lay out brick pathways everywhere, put hardwood fencing in where there's a gap, put in a tree where there's two. congratulations you've done 90% of it now.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

also the stone walkway is an acceptable substitute for brick and make sure you put in some lamp posts once you have an excess of battery packs so your farm looks like a nice park and you can see at night.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Sandy is the queen of my heart. Let me marry her even if it’s through harvest goddess style, incredible bullshit pre-requisites

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Tars Tarkas posted:

Should be dateable:

Maple Syrup Bear

He’s already married. That’s why we’re doing it down and dirty in the woods

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No one in town can be counted on to do their loving jobs when you need them.

Yeah that’s why the town’s rotting away and very clearly dying when you get there

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

chaleski posted:

I gave Clint dirt for his birthday

propose to emily right after

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

coolusername posted:

I picked this up on the switch and it has eaten my life for the past few days. Every time I pick it up I lose five hours. It’s great though, just reached winter.

But why is fishing so drat hard? Like sometimes fish are easy and I’m tapping away but I tried to collect 10 squid and I kept landing crazy reels where they bounced up and down way too fast to follow then failed out in 2 seconds flat.

I haaate itttt.

as soon as you can buy crab pots. it takes foreeeevvvvveeeeeerrrrrrrr to raise fishing skill through rod fishing while with crab pots you can get it to 10 p quickly. every level makes your green bar larger and fishing slightly easier. even at 10 with some fish you're just going to need to get lucky.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 16, 2021

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Unclouded posted:

Unless for personal reasons Lava Eels are the better money maker over Sturgeons. Their roe ages faster and sells for more than caviar.

A caviar tycoon is respectable, the envy of the valley, his farm's products feeding the elite of zuzu city. His farm becomes a synonym for elegance. A man who puts his money into Lava eels? A fool who cares only for money. He may know the math of farming but he knows nothing of the art.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I wish there was an Achievement for giving Pam a Pale Ale immediately before getting on the bus

an achievement called jail

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

It’s Leah. The prettiest one, the most mature one and you give her poo poo you find on the ground

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

First character we get introduced to is wizard Clint

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Poil posted:

Having prices fluctuate depending on season would be cool. But unless it's rare niche items it's very hard to imagine how a single person farming by hand can somehow affect the price of any crop. Maybe if you got paid more for selling stuff locally, the rest gets bought by joja nationally or similar, then there would be a real and low limit to deal with.

Fable tried this because they wanted you to be able to make money through arbitrage and thinking and it just led to an exploit where if you sold a poo poo-ton of gems to a shopkeeper they would pay you a ton of money because they had none so it was really valuable and it would then drop to a value far below what you sold it for once you gave it to them because they had a lot so it was worthless. You could just do it over and over and generate infinite money.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Rynoto posted:

Fable 3 for all its faults is still a decently fun game if you don't take it too seriously. Definitely a victim of its own ambitions though.

Ah the game where truly saving the kingdom can only be done by becoming a landlord and rubber banding your analog stick so the kings runs around in circles for 10 hours while you do something else

I actually love the whole fable trilogy I just also hate it like all fable fans do.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Everyone loves robin hates Demetrius and wants to break them up

Demetrius Clint and Pierre are in a constant race for most hated townie (Clint always wins)

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

I’m on the spectrum and let me tell you something

Gaius Marius posted:

Demetrius can eat poo poo

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

lol Stardew doesn't simulate capitalism at all

can't hire linus/kent for subsistence wages, can't take advantage of my food monopoly to price gouge

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

George has leeks an incredibly common spring item you find on the ground as a loved gift. Pierre only has fried calimari, a cooked dish you must learn the recipe for that requires a rare fish only found at night in winter. This is the biggest difference between peoples opinions of the two

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

The ferngill republic is a dictatorship. This is why there are no elections and Lewis brown noses the governor every luau, he needs his appointment to continue as mayor and has been hoping unsuccessfully for a promotion.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Most dictatorships nowadays still have elections for show. The gotoro empire is actually a constitutional monarchy, they have rights and a well-developed welfare state that ferngillers could only dream of.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Joja Mart could have been defeated by the residents of pelican town gathering for any period of time at once with the hours loss of customers being so catastrophic the manager is forced to investigate then engage in a fire sale and Pierre still couldn’t do it so no I don’t think he would be

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Once it’s fully grown yes

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Community upgrade: George gets a stick, 800,000 gold

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Grundulum posted:

If I am only going to play one Rune Factory game in the foreseeable future, should I make it 4 or 5? RF4 has the advantage of already being out, but maybe there are fun new mechanics or polished up old ones in 5?

Edit: looks like Rune Factory 5 is Switch-only for a while to come. Guess I will add RF4 to my Steam wish list now. By the time 5 comes to Steam, maybe I will want to play another Rune Factory game.

Play the friends of mineral town remake like I’m doing and anytime you crave combat start using the sickle on Rick

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

You would think Pierre might sell batteries instead of wallpaper and seeds in a town with one farmer

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

There was a multi year period where pelican town had no farmers whatsoever. Who was buying all the seeds??

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

finally figured out how to get mods working in the game without frustation and am now trying out expanded and automate. Why did the redneck farmer wait until the day after the egg festival to give me free strawberry seeds??

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Psion posted:

pam requests a battery from you (for her TV remote, I think?) and then usually mails you a battery as a gift the next week or something

what I'm saying is, the battery-based economy in SDV is a strange thing

i gift shane the exact same expired frozen pizza he sends me in the unrefigerated mail system and he always loves it, so this is par for the course in pelican town

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Too Many Birds posted:

Hello I am new to this game and I am not going to read the thread to keep myself spoiler free however:

How do I enact revenge on Pierre for lying about growing the corn that I sold him?

Life’s always better with Joja

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Warmachine posted:

SDV Murder Mystery Mod when?

it was me so i could romance caroline

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

social decay stops when they're at 10 hearts and is also p small for the most part. don't worry about it.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

dolphinbomb posted:

You gain 20 friendship points for talking to someone for the first time in a day. You lose 2 friendship points if you don't talk to them.

Basically as long as you talk to them once every 10 days it's a net positive. Don't worry about it.

and never forget that half the town goes to the bar on friday nights. And gus sells something almost all of them like or love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

I like harvest moon for the town best and olive town sucked for that because every towns persons dialogue was almost identical filler about the closest event. There was very little attention paid to writing that’s necessary for these games to work.