Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Speaking of gifts, Linus keeps asking me for Gold Bars and Diamonds to put on his mantlepiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

basalt posted:

I thought this game was supposed to be relaxing.
You'll never become Joja Member of the Month with that attitude.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

If you want that greenhouse ASAP you gotta be on the ball.
Or go the Joja route. (You monster.)

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Pierson posted:

I really love this game but 450+ pages is daunting so I'm just gonna ask straight-up: There's nothing missable in this game right, it just goes on forever? Any calendar event that happens will for-sure come around next year and quests I fail to do with either come up again or stay in the log forever right?

I really like a few of the villagers but sometimes I just want to spend weeks going nothing but watering my poo poo and sleeping.
Sam’s three heart event can only happen before the first winter.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

A better tent for Linus. A really expensive better tent so it's also a money sink.
Linus keeps asking me for gold bars to put on his mantlepiece, maybe he could sell some of them to upgrade his tent.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I am very glad that the bar arcade minigame is not required for community center progression.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Paul.Power posted:

Pierre and Morris simultaneously punch each other out of Stardew Valley.
*monkey's paw curls into a fist*

And then Clint takes over both establishments, rotating between them so that the shop, the supermarket and the smithy are each open for 2 days per week.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

We hate Clint because we ARE Clint.
Sometimes we hate Clint because we're Emily.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

InediblePenguin posted:

listen the cloak of leaves indicates that he's doing this as part of a millenia-old tradition of Wild Men who live in the woods wearing nothing but leaves and their own floppy dongs so that they can teach any passersby important lessons about chivalry. his tent's probably over a cave he can retreat into for an earth-insulated space, in a highly metaphorical descent under the hill
Did the ancient Wild Men keep gold bars on their shelves?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Good sandbox games just drop a bunch of toys in front of you while being like "hey here's some toys, have fun." You can be a crazy min/maxer, you can be a crazy completionist that wants All The Things, or you can just faff about and farm turnips forever while sometimes going fishing. The game just doesn't give a crap and that's wonderful. While a ton of other games are obsessing over the competitive scene and such games like this one show that sometimes people want to just like chill out, maaaaaaan.
According to my six-year old, this game is about being a kid who can go for unsupervised walks in the woods, swim in pools for hours, watch wizards on TV and go to bed whenever he wants to.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Put the Goose in Stardew Valley.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

"Added hidden subplot if you’ve turned children into doves."

:ohdear:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Mr. Prokosch posted:

If those gold bars were the size you imagine when you think standard gold bars the Farmer wouldn't be able to carry thousands in his backpack.

They must be tiny. :colbert:
That explains why Linus keeps wanting to put one on a chain.

Pyromancer posted:

Counterpoint: Farmer can easily carry enough construction material to build a three-bedroom house and several barns. His carry capacity is easily in tens of tons range.
The Farmer's backpack is bigger on the inside.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 5, 2023

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Because I can't stand that look in your eye. You know? That condescending, embarrassed look. You think I'm a failure. I know who I am, and I'm proud of what I do. It was a conscious choice. I didn't gently caress up!

~Linus, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Clint should move from Stardew Valley to a different game.