Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I agree. To the extent that the webcomic business is pretty much actually the shirt business, I think there's a lot of profit potential here. Somebody get him on the line with Topatoco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Speaking of names for beverages, I note they are drinking Diet Bubs.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The guy with the scar is now wearing a tinfoil hat. I noticed that fact.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If you don't read Cucumber Quest (you really should), you might not get the guest strip that Zack Morrison drew for it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Spender is an effective mentor, just an entirely different kind of one than he wants to be.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It means "bringer of light" which can also be translated "phosphorus."

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Johnny ascendant

Of what use is a bully without a nerd?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Whoever ends up falling out of the train is going to get dug up by Johnny. Or, maybe, Mr. Garcia.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's a dragon. Dragons always show off.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

A big flaming stink posted:

it is hilarious that max has found out magnitudes more about the organization that spender works for in two days than isaac has in god knows how long

i guess the consortium is No Anime Allowed

They are deliberately keeping Isaac in the dark because of his spirit.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 10, 2014

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

Think you meant Isaac.

Yes, I did.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The shading on this page is really pretty.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Agent Day can see through her spirit.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think you missed the first two-thirds of that exchange, but now I can't find it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I solemnly vow that as long as I don't have a Paranatural avatar, I won't post unless someone else without one has already posted on the page.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tollymain posted:

reasonably sure nobody in this thread actually hates mspa :v:

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a thread anywhere where nobody hates MSPA. People hate MSPA in the MSPA thread.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The reason why dodgeball is frowned upon lately is because the kids who are the worst at physical activity, and thus the most likely to be eliminated, are the ones who most need to be participating and getting exercise. The ideal gym punishment is running laps, not sitting down. But that doesn't instill the narratively appropriate tone of nerds being permanently and hopelessly inferior to jocks as an innate condition of their being because the system stifles improvement despite ostensibly existing to promote it. Stories need that kind of cruel irony!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

I think the real reason dodgeball is frowned upon is because when I was in middleschool way back when and we played it, multiple kids ended up with bloody noses every time it was played, let alone the broken glasses and what not. We had actual dodgeball balls, and when one of those hit your face when thrown hard it hurt. Parents didn't like this! They petitioned the school! The school removed dodgeball from being allowed. Then re-added it when a parent donated a bunch of super soft tiny little balls that literally couldn't hurt anyone, and were really terrible to throw.

That's also a problem with it, but in pedagogical terms the rules of the game just don't work toward their intended purpose.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I like that the one guy has one white and one black eyebrow.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ezzer posted:

How many more missed updates until we can begin the hilarious MegaTokyo comparisons?

You wouldn't dare.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So that means... Cody is Goku?

This makes an alarming amount of sense.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mr. Starchman is Shenron.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So Jeff is now becoming a double puppet.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

"Death of the Author" is sometimes misapplied in fandom to mean wanting the author to die, by means of the ax that the reader is grinding in their criticism.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ditocoaf posted:

I don't think Issac is the most anime character anymore. I think this chapter has saturated the entire comic with enough anime that everyone's tied.

The real test is how much of it wears off once Hitball is over.

Alternatively, isaac isn't playing because a villain has attached him to a diabolical anime machine that siphons the anime out of him and sprays it in the gym in aerosol form. Everybody else's anime is just the sum of what Isaac is capable of.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

I've played the demo and know I like it, I mean I'm not up for a heavy/possibly melancholy story at the minute (still recovering from Kojima's one-two gut punch)

It's really uplifting unless you kill somebody.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm still hype for hitball, and as long as I am, it hasn't been going on too long.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Basically we've learned it was never a joke to begin with.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I will be hype for hitball in your stead, friend.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He can just go into Spirit Time, though he doesn't know how to.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Affectionate parody.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Spender would be cool if he stopped trying to be.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I bet if we googled his speech we'd find out the RPG he's quotin'.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

Re-using the 'h'! I call foul!

Spoonerisms are vocal wordplay primarily. It's a legal play.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I actually never really liked Wii Sports

It's okay to not like good things in moderation.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

That phone call will contain an important clue.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sports.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

13 years ago, Rick Spender would've been the same age that Isaac is now.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Day loves everyone she meets, and plays it up when it would be useful or fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Chapters are fake.

Probably the best way to insulate pacing against inconsistencies in inspiration is by having a huge buffer of strips, and that can come at the cost of spontaneity and reaction.