Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

OP needs more Zotac AD10/AD12 love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

In order to access videos on my network attached hard drives on my Airport Extreme with my AD10 + OpenElec, I manually added a network connection with SMB, my router's IP address, and the network password. It worked perfectly.

Now I'm attempting to do the same with with a Raspberry Pi + Raspbmc and it isn't working - I get the error "Operation Not Permitted". Any idea why this would be happening with Raspbmc and not OpenElec?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

kri kri posted:

New skin to check out, Ace. I kind of like it using it for an hour or so.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159405

Its in the official repo.

I'm really liking this skin, even more than Aeon Nox, which to me is the best XBMC skin available. It's really snappy.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Two questions:

-Since we live in the era of sharing way too much information, I was wondering if theres any type of XBMC add-on that will automatically post what content you're watching to social networks like Facebook. Does anybody know of such a thing?

-I set my girlfriend up with a Raspberry Pi and OpenELEC / XBMC. Is there a general consensus as to what is the best reasonably priced RF remote? I know Raspberry Pi has a wiki but there's almost too much information and I just want a couple options to choose from that don't take a ton of tweaking to work well.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Anybody have any idea why some of Sickbeard downloaded files aren't updating in XBMC, even if I manually update my library? There are 3 series that haven't updated in weeks. I've even tried the "Update XBMC" feature in SickBeard.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Hogburto posted:

Go to Files mode in XBMC and manually scan the directory.
If that doesn't work, is there any file in any of these problem directories that Sick Beard did not give an identically-named .nfo file?
For instance, Sick Beard wouldn't give an .nfo to TV Show - 1x00 - Pilot.avi, but move it into the show directory and XBMC would stop scanning that show/season when it sees it.

I can go into file mode and see and play the videos just fine, it's just for whatever reason the TV Series area won't show the newest episodes of 3 shows.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

When I used to press "OK" on my remote while playing a video, it would show me details like what time it would be when the video ends. These details are now gone, now it just shows a list of icons at the top and a small timeline bar at the bottom. How do I get the full details back? I'm using Aeon Nox.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I have a Zotac Zbox running OpenElec XBMC. Is there any way to get HBO Go, Netflix, or NBA League Pass on it currently? It seems like there was some extensions at some point but they stopped being updated.

Lack of these 3 things are the only thing I don't like about XBMC.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I have an older model Zotac running XBMC that hasn't failed me - I've been using it for a couple years now and love it.

My buddy wants to have a similar HTPC experience but I'm out of the loop with what small form factor units are considered the best. What he should be looking at in the ~$200 range?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

The Gunslinger posted:

I've been running the OpenElec Gotham nightlies for the past week, it's fine and pretty stable. I had a few small issues when one of the addon mirrors was down and the addon DB corrupted itself while downloading a file but that was about it.

You probably shouldn't run it unless you're bored or on Android where the improvements are night and day. Most of the popular skins have been updated but there are still a fair number missing, addon compatibility seems fine so far.

I've never manually updated XBMC on my HTPC (with OpenElec) - how do I go about doing so, specifically with Gotham?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Gotham feels noticeably faster than Frodo on my AD10.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Cawd Rud posted:

I bought the Amazon Fire TV on a whim hoping I might be able to sideload XBMC on it.. and it works! Mostly. Most of my files are h.264 MKV, and playing them results in a weird green screen for video until I forward/rewind, which and then video shows up fine. It stutters a bit playing back 720p content, but apparently there's an Ouya version of XBMC that should run better. I've only tried the official Gotham Beta 3 right now.

I've been using an ATV2 to run XBMC and the UI on the Fire TV is so much more fluid, plus it's actually in 1080p. The remote not needing line of sight is pretty nice, too. If I can get content to play smoothly, the $99 Fire TV will be the XBMC box.

Once they get all the bugs worked out, I'll definitely be picking one up for the bedroom.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Can the FireTV stream 1080p content wirelessly from a router with a USB 2.0 external hard drive attached typically?

I've been talking about buying a NAS for years now but I can never pull the trigger.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I've been thinking about replacing my Zotac Zbox AD10, what are my options nowadays? Any clear HTPC winners? 803.11ac would be nice, along with enough CPU power to be snappy when dealing with 500+ videos.

Wha about the Amazon Fire TV? All the bugs worked out? I've been thinking about getting one for the bedroom.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I must be missing something - I got an Amazon Fire TV for Christmas, installed Kodi, and downloaded Aeon Nox. When I go to "TV" or "Movies", it just brings up the file path structure window instead of InfoWall or List of content marked "TV" or "Movies".

My Zbox is set to just bring up a list of the content and poster images

Edit: also, any way to change the number of recent items for the movie/tv widget in the newest version of Aeon Nox? Apparently I was running an old version, which let me show 3 items, and the newest version defaults to 1 item

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 27, 2014

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Call Me Charlie posted:

How do you have sharing set up?

If it's SMB, you have to scan the files into the library. Select the source, click the lines button on your remote to bring up the context menu. Then it's something like scan item into library.

If it's upnp, you can't scan it into the library. You'll have to find the upnp share in videos, click the lines buttons and select add to favorites. From there you can add that directly to the main screen and hide the default videos/movies/tv tabs.

It's SMB. I actually broke out the sources into separate items with only one path per "source", and then I was able to scan the folders and everything pulled in correctly. Thanks for your help!

Still looking for an answer on Aeon Nox's multiple item "recent episodes/movies" widget, though.

edit: Also, my "unwatched" corner banner isn't being updated when I open the menu and mark a show as "watched". Any idea why this would be happening?

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 28, 2014

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

After using XBMC/Kodi on a Amazon Fire TV the past few days, I'm honestly contemplating replacing my Zotac ad10 with one in the living room. Aeon Nox seems to be snappier when browsing 400+ movies with all their poster images being displayed.

The only thing holding me back is losing Harmony remote integration (RF remotes are both a blessing and a curse, I really wish Logitech would listen to media nerds and re-release the Harmony One with RF compatibility)

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Did you ever figure this out?

Nope. I'm having the same issue in my Zbox that was updated to the newest version of Aeon Nox.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

My friend just got setup with SickBeard + SABnzbd + Kodi/XBMC on a Amazon Fire TV. He is running Windows 7.

When he adds a new source with content, the videos load just fine into Kodi/XBMC. When he downloads new episodes in SickBeard, the episodes won't show in Kodi when he clicks "Update Library". If he removes the source and adds the folder again, the new videos pull in just fine.

Any idea why this would be happening? He turned off the Sharing Wizard in Windows 7, he set the drive to have all access to all devices with no password, why would would this issue be occurring?

He's also having issues with certain content not fetching correctly from NZB.su - he can search for it on the website, but SickBeard says "No Episodes Found". He's removed the show, changed the quality settings, and copied over the API and such. His settings match mine perfectly, yet he can't fetch the same things I can. Any ideas?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Don Lapre posted:

Did he check the box to include the source when updating?

I think you mean did he click the box to exclude the source from updates, and no, he didn't select that option.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

thebushcommander posted:

Is FireTV a pretty solid XBMC box for the money? Right now I have my entertainment center connected to my main PC via a lengthy, wall routed HDMI cable. I am moving into a new house in a little over a month and rather than mess around with all that again off the bat I bought the FireTV to install XBMC on and connect over the network to my PC, I've never streamed content over Wifi with XBMC before, but I was just given a crazy AC1900 wrt router and want to go all wireless. I assume with a stout enough signal Wireless-N will be fine streaming content over my network up to 1080p? Actually does the FireTV secretly support wireless AC?

My FireTV Box's Kodi UI is more responsive than my Zotac AD10. If my Zotac box ever stops working, I'll gladly replace it with an Amazon Fire TV.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody here use SickRage? It's supposed to be a superior forked version of SickBeard, but for some reason it won't recognized mapped network drives when I attempt to add an existing folder. Any ideas?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

wolfbiker posted:

Use Sonarr.

It has the same exact issue - doesn't show networked drives when I attempt to add an existing folder.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

YouTuber posted:

Looks like Boxee was finally killed by Samsung.
http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/5/9103949/samsung-finally-killed-boxee#oo

Boxee was a great spinoff of XBMC when it was still just a fork rather than a hardware vendor. Being able to add shows in and watch it automatically parse for legal streaming sources across the internet was brilliant. Too bad they were run by loving morons.

A bit sad, really - Boxee TV was my first HTPC device that allowed me to stream videos to my TV. It was great, at the time, but I wouldn't give up my actual HTPC with Kodi/XBMC.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I have a Zotac Zbox that's running OpenElec, but it looks like OpenElec hasn't updated their builds to the latest Kodi? How can I go about updating it?

I wish it was as easy as updating Kodi on my Amazon Fire TV.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Slash posted:

So Amazon Fire with a flirc seems simplest at the moment. Think i'll wait and see what the Apple TV offers before making a decision. My Acer Revo 3700 can cover things for now.

What are the chances Apple allows Kodi on their app store?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Anybody know how the Kodi new Apple TV port is going? I'm tempted to just buy another Amazon Fire TV and sideload it, but the Amazon Fire TV always stutters when I use Netflix.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

For some reason, when I have "play next video" enabled, and a video ends, it just knocks me back to the "KODI" splash screen and re-scans my media instead. Anybody ever have this issue? Running on an AD-10 with OpenElec.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I must say - as somebody who has two TVs setup with Sonarr + NZBGet + Couch Potato + Amazon Fire + Kodi, Kodi with apps isn't nearly as good.

I bought a $40 Amazon Fire Stick and set it up last night - I was hoping I would have a good device for traveling - I installed FireStarter and installed the latest build of Kodi, along with SALTS, Genesis, Phoenix, SportsDevil, and 1Channel. Most of the content I attempt to access, especially on SALTS, doesn't load - it will search through the sources, bring up a bunch of CAPCHAs that fail, and throw me back into the content selection screen.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with these apps/sources, but I figured they would work really well after a few friends raved about them.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 7, 2016

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Lesson learned: nothing will ever compare to Usenet. Nothing.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody here use a Harmony One + Kodi? I'm have a helluva time mapping the up/down buttons to "Page up" and "Page down" in Kodi, along with mapping "Menu" to something useful. Any ideas?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Keito posted:

Since I still haven't seen a single mention I thought I'd go ahead and ask the (previous?) OpenELEC users here, have all ya'll switched over to LibreELEC yet? Because if not, it's probably about time.

LibreELEC is a fork of OpenELEC that started back in March due to disagreements regarding project organization, and basically brought over the whole developer team from the original project. In about a month they managed to release their first stable version with Jarvis, and as of this month have started doing Krypton alpha releases. Since I'd been having some hiccups with my setup on OE6 I decided jumping over soon after the first LE Jarvis beta dropped, but it was rock stable already then and has served me well since.

OpenELEC on the other hand now seems completely dead in the water, with only Stephan Raue left to tend to development. No new releases since the Jarvis beta from late March, and now not a single commit to the GitHub repository in over a month...

Honestly, I'm ready to just move over to an Android TV box at this point. The HTPC I built a few years ago with a Zotac mini PC is noticeably slower than Kodi on my Amazon Fire box/stick.

Now I just have to wait for Xiaomi 4k Android 6.0 box to be released stateside. It's rumored to only be $60.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I've currently got 3 external networked hard drives with content that streams to an Android TV (Mi Box) and an Amazon Fire. I'm looking to access my Kodi library/content when I'm traveling from a sideloaded version of Kodi on my Amazon FireStick. I currently have Dynamic DNS setup, and I have 2 questions:

1) Is this feasible without running additional software on my PC?

2) Should I just install and setup Plex with Kodi integration? Are there any features that might make Plex a better solution?

I really don't feel like rocking the boat - setting up Kodi with my networked drives is simple and easy with through SMB, but I'd be willing to implement Plex if it brings something cool to the table. I'd love the ability to load up Kodi on a Fire Stick and have my library available everywhere I go.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

How do you enable the beta channel for Kodi on a Mi Box with Android TV?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Ixian posted:

Yes. Although there are a lot of people over at AVSForum who regret getting one - slow support, missing streaming options, lots of sideloading workarounds, etc. It's decent, and the only real alternative to the Shield....but for a hundred or so bucks more you can just get the Shield and not have to deal with any poo poo at all.

My biggest issue is stuttering - it's really noticeable when text is moving across the screen.

I'd love a shield, but it's hard to justify $150+ for something I'd just use as a streaming box.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Has anybody else experienced the menu items you hide on Kodi 17 coming back with a hacked Fire stick? I never had this issue with Kodi 16, but it's quite annoying.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Le0 posted:

For a few years now I've been using a Zbox running Libreelec but I think it's about to die. It started just shutting down in the middle of a movie, I guess because of heat or something.
Anyways, we have two uses with this, Netflix and Kodi. Now at the time I bought my Zbox Android wasn't even supported by Kodi, is it stable now? Because that would be my choice I guess, so I can get both Netflix and Kodi on the same box.
What would be my options here?

Nvidia shield, mi box, or Amazon fire tv.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Photex posted:

yeah my first gen Fire Stick is a laggy piece of poo poo ever since the latest update.

I should have mentioned i'm using an RPI 3 Model B now with OSMC.

The easiest and least painful way to get Amazon Video and HBO Go is to buy another $35 Fire Stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

How well does Kodi run on an Apple TV 4K? I'm getting pretty sick of my crappy Mi Box and I'm not sure if I want to get a shield.