Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Good Citizen posted:

Lvl 51 and I probably should just be focusing on questing for XP but I want the enchantable heavy chest plate from Akashas so bad. It looks so utterly ridiculous on female Castanics that I find it hilarious. Oh well. I've enchanted my axe to +7 while I've been wasting my time there at least
Armor appearances aren't unique, which set are you talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Good Citizen posted:

This one

Every time I see it it makes me laugh
Yeah that gets reused, just look on the broker and sort by item level descending and check each one

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Where are the new dailies that give eventual gear rewards generally located?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

You can also post like 5 times as many items on the broker and there's no fee for posting anything, if that matters to you.

I've had it too, the boosts are really nice and the random mount is just 'cuz.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Eigo posted:

You are all forgetting the atlas! Being able to teleport to any town for free without any cooldown is insane, let's you save a ton of space on scrolls and the new faction dailies are basically made to encourage atlas use. No broker fee quickly adds up also, and let's you put stuff up at higher prices without worrying about eating the fee.
I haven't used the atlas yet, is it "per account" or do you only get one bound to one character?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Did MT totally bottom out during the Nexus right now or is that just me? I see it on the server list but it just says "Cannot Connect".

And server status tells the tale, ahaha

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Velveteen posted:

PvP gear is expensive and grinding it is tedious. Especially tedious when you go into BG without them and get destroyed by everyone with gear. You do 60 damage crits while taking 98k crits from everyone and flopping over dead every 20 seconds. I wish the good PvE accessories didn't come from PvP. I should just go back to being a carebear.
Yeah I just got back into it and I see that the PVP gear gap between new players and anyone with a single conjunct piece or anything or better is even more massive of a gear gap than anything from wow. You can't do anything as a fresh 60. DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD AFK BOT?! :ssj:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I used to play when the endgame was nothing and now I've returned and am overwhelmed myself. The daily roadmap really isn't explained in-game at all (what faction gives what for which PVP/PVE roles? BWARGH), nor is the enhanced glyph system. It's good they added stuff, but stuff this grindy won't fly well without any meaningful explanation.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

The sneering NPC attitude goes great with my total ignorance of the quest text, but I think the best examples are the literally translated popori jibes intended to remind Korean cafe gamers not to accidentally die from neglect of hunger and hygiene.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

That's still preferable beyond all imagining to Lineage 2's outlaw status wherein you would drop your unsoulbound weapon or armor and never, ever get it back and not have the money to continue playing your character at their respective level!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I think the notion about boxed copies was that one can redeem the CD-key typed backwards via EME's site to receive a care package with 5000g value and a mount or something.

Also, don't start another stupid goddamn argument, just reroll if it bothers you so much.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I suspected they might've been vulnerable to that. Do you have to turn all of them on at once and then click the last repeatedly? What kind of lag spike is ideal to wait for? Nexus NPC freezes?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Do you actually go to the Nexus to do that, given that it happens repeatedly there?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Are you guys actually hurting for a Mystic? Because I'm one of those and I've pretty much been playing solo lately. Revered with every faction that matters and no PVE gear that isn't UTI (ew) stuff.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Wow, way to pressure people on the fence to buy Sheldon immediately. Fuckers.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

It's just Mystics that have leveling issues. Priests are kinda good at grinding and can effectively aoe a lot of mobs. The thralls are literally one fifth as strong as they should be except fairy heal, which doesn't really count given that it's the only Mystic self-heal on a long CD

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Of course, but orbs don't exactly work on the fly in PVP or solo mob situations !

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

That SMAA injector stopped working for me a while ago, but if you've got a recent generation video card enabling FXAA override for Tera's program in your video driver control panel you get the best visual results for a minimal performance hit in my book. Tera's UE3 engine is extremely CPU-bound despite what you'd expect from the visual quality, that's why FPS drops so low so often even when it doesn't seem to make sense.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Michael Hogan phoned in in one of the single worst paycheck jobs (as Gargamel von Samael) I've ever heard in any game, putrid for its lack of effort and understanding of human cadences even when taking the stilted nature of his awful "proportion" obsessed dialogue into account. I thought he was supposed to be an actor yo

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Totalizator posted:

It's even worse because they hired fuckin Norio Wakamoto for the japanese version,
I don't know who that is

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

A very small amount of pain for a very nice amount of progress--go to Dragonfall in Sylvanoth and head southeast down to Dakonian Junction. Farm XP off of the unlimited minions spawned by the Bleakbone Dragoons there. It's easy to start as early as level 47 there and go all the way to 54, even earlier if you are crazy. Forty minutes there will net you at least one level.

Of course, if you like pain and want more, you can continue grinding on Argonomorph Mugatos south of Pathfinder Post in Val Tirkai from that level all the way to 58.
I saw your post about this a few weeks ago and wondered what the hell you were talking about. Then I got there again naturally last night and caught a glimpse of some player causing extreme slowdown and figured it out. Seems like it's only feasible solo for Archers, Sorcerors and maybe Priests, though. Pausing next to a massive swarm and having anything go wrong (server lag or knockdown) is an extreme death hazard. Of course, I haven't seen the damage with anything more defensive than light armor.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 26, 2013

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Archers and Sorcs definitely have the easiest time, then. Their downside being that you can't really avoid killing the dragoons with long ranged AOE immediately. The whole field respawns really quickly, however.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Alright, if the Mystic wave can one-shot those turds than I guess everyone can have fun. Good place for some mostly even-leveled world PVP, too. :xd:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

That's not your perception, it's objectively true. Mystics get 2 attacks you can functionally use, all the way until 60. It's beyond boring.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Well, the movespeed penalty is always going to let you do maximum DPS but it's a large defensive liability in PVP or in boss fights with a lot of deadly area AOE.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

April Fools jokes shouldn't be comprised of ideas that would unironically make PVP 500% better.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Tensei posted:

I think I've invested about 30k gold into this weapon at this point. :suicide:
No attack speed %? Condolences.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Just as in wow, animating faster is just one of those things that's always undeniably better than any available alternatives.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Anyone who's bought one of the pets, how well do they work? Are they slow to pick up multiple piles? Do they magically vac it up all at once? Do they glitch out or anything?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

When the hell are Nexuses happening now in EST? It feels like they keep changing them and I have no idea to when.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

thanks, that is not at all what it used to be last time I started to do runs

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Tensei posted:

It's best not to judge a class until you're at least level 20ish and/or have your first dungeon behind you. Many classes unlock essential skills that tie everything together later on: Slayer only starts to click once you can chain every attack into an Overhand Strike at level 18, Warrior only gets Blade Draw/Traverse Cut at 28, and Sorcs completely change their playstyle once you get Burst of Celerity at 48. Healers kind of suck as a soloing experience but are tons of fun in a group setting.
This doesn't happen at all for Mystics. Same 2 attacks until 60.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WanderingKid posted:

Yes but its a support class and as you level up, you get game changing support skills at certain intervals. Mystic doesn't really click until you get a near full array of CC, notably Sonorous Dreams, Mire and Shara's Lash plus Aura of the Merciless (the one that doubles crit rate).
None of this is relevant to the solo leveling experience, which is the thing that I'm describing.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

nehezir posted:

what kind of nutjob judges a mystic by their solo experience?
I dunno maybe it's related to the poster unambiguously asking about it, you stinky goon.

Yakumo posted:

The nutjob that has to deal with it to get to the good stuff? Unless you have a static leveling buddy or are willing to pair up with random people, you're probably going to have to solo a fair bit.
Yuuuuup

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 10:38 on May 7, 2013

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Luminous Cow posted:

Do enemies keep dropping Health and Regen Motes upon death throughout the game, or is this just a low level thing? If they do, I'm going to keep rounding them up five or six at a time because no matter how much damage I end up taking (never more than 25%, because I'm new and bad), they drop enough that I recover all of it. Also, Lancers own hard.
Always, it's a pretty cool mechanic.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WanderingKid posted:

Solo leveling doesn't get bad until level 52. At this point the quest line takes you to Elenea. Normal monsters have alot more health but your DPS potential from Metamorphic Smite/Blast through weapon upgrades has been tapering off since level 45 and is almost frozen.

I'm currently at level 55 and I have run out of yellow quests. Thrall of Protection is for lack of a better word, loving useless for holding aggro because it spends most of its time knocked down.

At this level, most other classes buy double xp scrolls, go to Pathfinder's Post and herd up 10+ Mutagos or Bears and nuke the poo poo of them for 210,000 exp per kill. As a Mystic you will find out the hard way that you can't do that. You really cant risk getting clipped by 3 or 4 attacks at once because you will almost certainly be knockdown so the number of monsters you can kite safely is low. Your DPS is poo poo so whilst a Slayer can melt 10 bears in seconds, it takes you about 3 minutes to kill just 2.

At level 55 you need 42 million exp to get to level 56. I pick up the next red story quest at 56. I'm beginning to feel the pain now and I see what people were saying about Mystic leveling and why there are so few of them for endgame pve. Mobgrind is quick and safe for any DPS class. Its actually faster than quest xp. The opposite is true for Mystics but the only thing I've got left is Sky Garden and Elenea repeatables. Its slow and excrutiating at this point. I'm going to try and find a DPS leveling buddy tonight until I get bored of blasting bears. Hopefully the crit and strength buff will be desirable but I see Sorcerers, Archers, Slayers and Warriors owning that poo poo by themselves.
The point really gets hammered home when you realize Mystics are the only class that cannot level in the best way. It is demoralizing, to say the least. You're almost there though, not much point in ceasing the slamming of your balls in a car door after the 56th time with 4 more slams to go.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WanderingKid posted:

It should be a disclaimer that pops up on your screen in massive orange text when you smash the solo queue button.
The BG is a flaming pile of poo poo for sure, between its cluttered unintuitive flow, the invincibility escape moat, and the poor design of having a capture and control game mode with teams of 15 and only 3 flags. The only time I've had anything approximating fun in there was in the equalized queue, and of course those were limited time only because....they were enjoyable?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

The PVP gear gap being worse than it was in wow doesn't help a lot. Crafting the best PVP gear from PVE components has always been a poor choice in any mmo interested in fairness of competition.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

KaneTW posted:

That's exactly what happened because of NA localization and Elin.
What's that now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

That new BG is really cool AND equalized! Seems like a good time to start playing again - what did they improve about Mystics other than finally getting rid of their placeholders?

• Locked thread