Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
That new ultima game looks awful. I know Ultima games have never really looked good, but man, it is terrible. The font looks terrible, the characters look cheap. I'm not too thrilled about it, not sure it is going to get funded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Install Gentoo posted:

Doki Doki Panic was originally created to become the next Mario game, before being shelved for a while, then retooled to match a Japanese tv promotion.

I didn't know that, that is pretty cool.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

DoctorPresident posted:

I wish I could spend my whole life finding hack artists on KickStarter:

You probably already do if you consider most of these people are on some form of disability or SSI or government assistance because they are crazy.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Orzo posted:

Remind me again who loses in this scenario, i.e. why you're complaining about it?

Somebody likes something, time to complain on the internet about it!

I think it is cool fans get to see a movie made when before all they could do is write letters and hope somebody cares, now you just send a bunch of money to people and all of the sudden they care and now maybe we can get a proper ending to the TV show Alf.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Orzo posted:

$15,000
In addition to all of the above rewards, we'll fly Alf puppeteer Paul Fusco directly to your home for a photoshoot where Alf is eating your cat!

Kickstarter? More like DREAMMAKER!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Alan Smithee posted:

Honestly the whole thing seems fishy, not once do any of the family members show up and the whole presentation is done using relatively professional motion graphics. It just doesn't strike me as the real deal

I think my "son" wants to dress up like Princess Peach because some bullies told him he couldn't. Time to get my kickstarter going, you don't donate to it, you don't support gender equality!

Princess Peach Outfit to be provided by Spirit Halloween. Spirit Halloween was founded out of the observation of a trend on the verge of explosion. Since the opening of its first store in 1983, Spirit has experienced tremendous growth. In 1999 Spirit Halloween operated 63 seasonal locations throughout the United States and was acquired by Spencer Gifts LLC. Since its acquisition Spirit has expanded its store base from 63 locations to over 1,000 for the 2012 season and has become the largest Halloween specialty store on the planet! Spirit Halloween stores are situated in high visibility, high-traffic strip centers. The typical store opens around Labor Day weekend and closes in early November. Spirit Halloween Superstores are located in 49 states and Canada in all major markets.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Looks like they collected a bunch of spooge.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Why are they saying "One copy of" for all the pillows and stuff. That seems strange. Also since it is actually licensed, that isn't that bad.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Well, looks like I'm finally signing up to donate to Indiegogo

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Sid Vicious posted:

For real that is pure art

I want to live in world where people came together to make sure that was made. It's the least we can do.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Alan Smithee posted:

I hate to be that guy but how can we hate on everyone's vanity project and praise the Walken Dinosaur? I thought goons hated monkey cheese. From a practical standpoint did they even demonstrate an ability to pull it off besides their lol concept art?

Oh, you love being that guy.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

senrath posted:

No worries, the wording was a little confusing. Here's a full explanation of it:

Isn't the point of kickstarter to get the money you need to make things? It always seems weird to me when they say "We would like to add this feature, but we just don't have the time/money".

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

weirdojace posted:

Help this hack "comedy musician" get $1000 to release a CD of songs he recorded with MIDIs in his basement.

Donate now!!!

This pitch audio sounds like he was forced to do it in one take and spent zero time thinking about what he would say.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Aurain posted:

but you'd look a bit silly.

You throw that away the minute you put on a utility sash

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Perpetual Hiatus posted:

If you are interested in Amanda Palmer's perspective on the whole thing, appropriately titled The Art Of Asking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMj_P_6H69g

I skipped around a lot, but apparently her side is, "she asked for money without shame"? Also she let germans draw on her. This doesn't sound like wise, sane or practical advice.

That MAN card is some terrible poo poo that Adam Corrolla would "ask his fans" to buy.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Alan Smithee posted:

Don't forget beer commercials

"Knitting? That poo poo's for fags son! Man card revoked! Here have a phallic object containing something that tastes like another man's urine!"

HEY, drinking piss isn't sexual at all. Don't even get me started.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Wendell posted:

Jesus, it's like they're all singing entirely different songs. The Shaggs were better than this.

http://youtubedoubler.com/8uHN

Man, this is terrible.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

KittyLitter posted:

EDIT : Boss told me not to post it here yet. Well shitballs.

Seems like a wise move since this is the awful kickstarter thread.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Otisburg posted:

Rocky was the story of a working-class Philly underdog making it big.

RoboCop is the story of hyper-facism steamrolling over humanity, cyborg ultraviolence, and exploiting urban decay for profit.

BUT ROBOCOP FOUGHT THAT!!!! He stopped Nuke and also flew in a jetpack. You gotta pick your battles man, a giant robocop statue is good for the people.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Zybourne Clock posted:

The biggest issue with normal clothes is that they can be worn more than once, and that you can't rip them apart with your bare hands no matter how hard you try. This new and patented idea brings you a solution to a problem you never even knew existed. As all of the reward tiers say, it's "NEW FUNNN AND SEXY"! Yes, he also intends to make rip-able clothes for children.

My favorite part is that two athletic men are having trouble ripping the shirt in half.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2010618696/dkss-reality-death-maze?ref=category

Reading the page and looking at their deviantart, I was convinced this had to be some kid's first project. Of course I wouldn't post it if it was. The guy in the pitch video looks old enough to be my father.

Keep watching for the "hilarious" death animation!

This is like a Tim and Eric skit, I think I've seen that guy on their show before.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Butts McGee posted:

Not sure if this has been posted, but it's something. Watch the video for the full experience.

The fact that this guy makes anything other than meth is impressive.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Super Dick Man seems like the AxeManiac game I was trying to make with ragdoll male genitals. I'm suing.

Has anyone seen The Pheonix Project? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/missingworldsmedia/the-phoenix-project-city-of-titans

It looks like a fan made MMORPG sequel to City of Heroes, that is basically asking for money to buy copies of 3DStudio Max for all the employees who will.... work for free on an MMO? Their goal is only $320,000 which sounds no where near enough to make a MMO title, let alone pay for the servers, support, designers, artists, music and so on.

Why do people keep supporting MMO titles? They will never take off. Has any MMO on kickstarter made it?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Seriously, they should have made it out of carbon fiber so you can smash zombie heads in with it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Risks and challenges:
The only problem I have is learning how to use my software and hook up all my equipment.

I heard that, it isn't easy to set that stuff up.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It's probably for shopping at the power matrix store, stop being such a negative nelly.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Germstore posted:

I hope they get funded because the idea of some guys scamming internet people into paying for their lego bricks is wonderful.

It's like a let's play video, hope they build the whole thing with a face cam in the corner.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Alan Smithee posted:

If only we could combine weed and crptocurrency to form a shitstorm of insufferability

If you haven't rolled a fat bitcoin and blazed up, I don't know what to tell you man, you hosed up.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Those guys are buying ensure shakes for elderly people, made by some dork in his house. It is mind boggling.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Larz posted:

And the developer has responded.

"Every time the words "heavy cat studios" show up on the web, the same group of about 8-10 accounts (under various names) show up and spam the page with the same list of complaints within hours."

Is their argument that basically, the 8-10 people they worked with are complaining about how they ripped them off?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

theflyingorc posted:

I don't see that text on the page you quoted.

Oh yeah, got the links mixed up

https://www.fgl.com/view_thread.php?search=1&offset=50&thread_id=41306

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Finally, a way to gently caress R2-D2 that doesn't involve a dwarf.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Noyemi K posted:

Hey folks, there's a new comic out there to masturbate to. Well, you're meant to but I don't think this would incite any boners. It's Liefeld-esque levels of "not understanding how women work".

I don't think they understand how men work either

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Noyemi K posted:

I'm more distracted by the fact his legs look like bags of grapes than anything

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Xandu posted:

I'm so curious what the story is here "am no longer permitted to make them at my current dwelling, due to religious conflict."

Mom thinks it is satanic

But those are pretty dope wizard dildos

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

SupSuper posted:

All of them:

I love that it's even being used as keyword bait.

30K for magnets is pretty frustrating too. But oh well, people spend money in stupid ways.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Potato Salad guy has already had to post an update apologising for some stuff. He apparently used some photographer's photo without permission and used his fame to shill some local business and he's very sorry.

The comments section on his project is also full of people bitching about things and Kickstarter have had to delete a bunch of comments.
Internet fame always has a downside and he's still got 3 more weeks of this to put up with. :allears:

Yeah, people who pay $10 to post somewhere tend to get a bit crazy when it comes to anything that slightly offends them.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

rootphreak posted:

hawhawhaw the two lead actors can't even remember a single line for the kickstarter vid

They couldn't get their lines down for the first movie either

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

It would be handy if kickstarter had "Verified" accounts, to make sure the people are who they say they are. Do they do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Dungeons and Doobies