Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

Fhate posted:

Kaien would be Isshin's nephew or cousin, not his brother.

Well, that is if Kuukaku was referring to Isshin when she said "Uncle".

That's how I read this. Kaien and Ganju were her brothers, and she referred to Isshin as "Uncle", so Kaien was his nephew. So Ichigo is their cousin.

Edit: And this chapter was awesome. I am digging this whole flashback arc. That hollow thing looking EXACTLY like Ichigo's super hollow form is super exciting. I really hope Kubo ties it in well, and doesn't do something all hackneyed. But he's been good lately, so I'm hopeful.

AlistairCookie fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

Shoren posted:

Bleach could really benefit from the Fullmetal Alchemist treatment. Once Kubo finishes this last arc and with the series (hopefully) concluded they reboot the anime, stick to the plot, expand the fights a bit for entertainment, and wrap up without any filler involving Don Kanonji or Kon. The whole thing will still only be 20 episodes long.

I agree totally. Or, at the very least, after this final arc, they could make a movie or mini-series of this arc. I think it would give good ratings, since it's finite and all canon. I'd watch the hell out of it--like Batmasterson said, it's awesome to see the big fights animated.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Come on. You think that was Urahara's "gently caress was that" face?

Thats the same face he had all those times he kept information from someone. He has all this poo poo figured out.

This. Urahara hasn't just "happened" to do one single thing in this entire manga. I'm curious to see if this changes our perception of his alignment--is he really chaotic good? Neutral and self centered? Is it all fun and games until his interests don't align with the greater good? I don't subscribe to the 'Urahara is the Big Bad' theory, but I would be pleased to see his character have a bit of a bad streak. And I say that because he's one of my favorites, and I think characters are best when they're complex and not purely motivated.

I liked how on page 6, bottom left panel, younger Isshin was drawn very similarly to Ichigo in the jaw/face. It's the first time I've really noticed any family resemblance being drawn in.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

DrSunshine posted:

I don't care what anyone says, Barrigan vs. Hachigen & Soi-Fon was the best loving fight of the whole drat series. Sooo much kido. :swoon:

And the final reversal trick was pretty awesome too.

I too love the kido. I love the word salad incantations and think we don't see nearly enough of them. The final one Urahara used on Aizen had some of the best nonsensical imagery.

I like words, I dunno...

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

VJeff posted:

Yeah there's obviously sabotage afoot here, but we'll probably have to put up with an inordinately long time of Ishida pretending to be a bad guy and at least one Ichigo vs. Ishida fight (this might be the entire point!) before Ishida tries to shoot Juhabach in the back of the head as revenge for his mother, fails, and reunites with Ichigo for a chapter called THE UNITED FRONT [quincy brothers hate you mix] or whatever.

I like the cut of your jib. Somebody buy this man a pizza. I seriously hope this is the direction the whole thing goes from here on out. But the chapter names would have to be something stranger. This is Tite "Can't howl my inner Jesus" Kubo here.

Edit: PS, I have been super happy with how well Bleach is being written/been progressing lately. Glad I stuck with it all these years, and I really hope we get some sort of anime reboot a la FMA: Brotherhood or a mini-series or something for the final arc. Kenpachi v. Unohana :swoon:, the current business with Ichigo's backstory, Isshin and Maskai, etc have all been good stuff. Way to go, Kubo.

AlistairCookie fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 15, 2013

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
For the first time in quite a while, I am actively searching for spoilers, and annoyed that I have been unable to find any. :( I too am trying to wrap my head around what exactly is going on here.

If anyone scares up some spoilers, I'm all eyes!

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
I loved it. I did. Between Kenpachi/Unohana (marvelous fight), Isshin/Masaki and now this, I'm down. I'm really glad I've stuck with it all these years. Zangetsu/Bach grew to care for Ichigo on a personal level, and because of that was able to step aside, instead of going nuclear on him in Sideways City.

I'm still not quite sure I get exactly what the nature of the internal Bach was, as far as actual sentience and relation to real world Bach, but I'm rolling with it. I think I agree with a post from several pages ago that likened it to vampire lore, where there is a supremely powerful progenitor vampire that spawns the entire race, so every vampire has a tiny bit of the master in them. (There's a Torgo joke there somewhere.)

Carry on, Kubo. The next part I'm looking forward to is the big reveal when the bulk of SS realizes who Ichigo's dad is, and therefore who his family is. Maybe we can get a twofer and it can all be wrapped up in a big Ichigo Power Up and he and Isshin show up to fight together. :3:

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
/\/\
So this is a perfect segue to something I was thinking about. Now that we [mostly] know the backstory of Isshin and Papa Ishida, I wonder exactly what DOES Uryuu know? Who was his grandfather who taught him the Quincy ways? The off panel husband of his bitchy grandmother? Someone else? What did his dad tell him about the Quincies and what were his motives for doing so?

Also, dual wielding Ichigo is bad rear end. The swords look a little like Exacto Knife blades, or surgeon scalpel blades, but still pretty awesome IMHO.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

Batmasterson posted:

Put me in the camp that thinks Ishida is undercover to some degree. His father is probably well aware of the Sternritter and I'm sure he was also contacted. He explains the situation to Uryuu, including the true death of his mother, and his grandfathers opposition to the Sternritters. Perhaps his grandfather also died to hollows because his Quincy power was absorbed. This gives Ishida plenty of reason to infiltrate their base, let them power him up, then oppose Bach. Hell, he was just made successor (will probably end the manga as this role) and he will use his power to revert the Qunicy to their old ways.

But that's just speculation.

Exactly this. But not before we get to see some Ichigo v. Uryuu action, with lots of shouting from Uryuu along the lines of "Kurosaki stand down, you don't know what hell you're talking about or what's actually going on here."

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
Is Urahara making another Hogie? Also, is Ywach purposely deceiving Uryuu in order to set up the final showdown between him and Ichigo?

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
/\/\
I agree. I dig the horror-ish, creepshow factor.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
Anyone else get a Dandy vibe off of Kirinji? (I've been watching Space Dandy lately, although TBH I'm not sure why.)

Bleach Manga Thread 15: You Smell Like Semen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

Omglosser posted:

Bleach Manga Thread 15: It was semen after all

This one's better; I vote for this.

• Locked thread