Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Artificer posted:

Other than Forbidden Scrollery, which I just finished and loved, what are some other good Touhou fan-comics to read?

Everything by Karaagetarou. Check out At Chirei/Chirei De in particular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
It's not really music you relax to but this Mohican Sandbag collection is reasonably long.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I think the only times I've posted in this thread has been to say Mohican Sandbag but that's fine, because they're the best. RIP hiru & dark psyche

Getting to genres, you got acoustic from Floating Cloud, orchestra you got Tutti Sound, jazz has Bugbeard w/ Golden City Factory and some other fuckers I guess.

Getting more experimental, you have stuff like fromadistance.

There's loads, start delving through the literal terabytes of music.

Edit:

ExMortis posted:

What's this nomico Bad Apple!! mix, trance?

No seriously click Mohican Sandbag if you want some kickin' psytrance

mdct fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 3, 2013

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Pureauthor posted:

I can't stop listening to Pristine Beat. I really love it.

Really looking forward to C85 later this year solely for remixes of this song and Little Princess. The few that exist already are pretty okay, but I can't wait for ones that weren't thrown together as soon as possible to claim to be the earliest remix of a Touhou song.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Tutti Sound is currently working their way through the games' soundtracks to turn them into film scores, so it's unlikely you'll be hearing them do Little Princess for a long while. And Morrigan seems to have moved on to doing original works, so I doubt he'd do it.

You'll have to settle for Fox Factory or Oriens.

(I mean on the other hand that means Tutti Sound's next project will have Fate of Sixty Years, so that'll be rad in and of itself.)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Let's all take the time to welcome spctrm back to the land of composing with Fromadistance's new album.
It's really good.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

spctrm is the best.

True Administrator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9n__F_8Zbc
Wonderful Heaven.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIDZgtuG0aE
Necrofantasia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-pN0ucVEDQ

fromadistance owns

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Please don't identify yourself entirely on the media you consume especially if it's solely one thing, tyia

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Avshalom posted:

I don't actually bear you any ill will, Touhou thread. :shobon: Please keep houing your tous.

It's cool, sometimes threads just gotta have deflated horses put in 'em and 10bux must be paid

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

A Meat posted:

Wouldn't it just be a kart racing game where nobody ever runs out of powerups?

It'd be F-Zero GX.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Of course there is, 3rd Eye is one of the best songs in the series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNb6POcT_1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNla4uk7AYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CBW5uwPpbA

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Well Yuyuko didn't, so :shrug:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Devour or Fire posted:

Goodnight sweet prince...

Remember when people said the same thing last year and no one really cared???

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The fairies really seem like they're based off of Kami thematically, since there's apparently a fairy for everything.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

CommissarMega posted:

Same here :( Any orchestral circles making an appearance at C87? I'd love to know if I need to watch out for Morrigan, Ryuuha Mikado or Tutti Sound.

Morrigan is employed as a composer for Gust now doing Ar Tonelico stuff, and isn't likely to be doing Touhou stuff for at least a very long time.

NEO contributed a couple songs to a KanColle album again, expressly not under the Tutti Sound name, so that's probably put on hold for either Reitaisai or C88.

Ryuuha Mikakutei hasn't made anything since 2012 as far as I can tell.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Apparently Futo's tiny hosed up arms are canon

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Nages posted:

Actually Yuyuko and the three Prisimrivers are better protagonists then Youmu because they are full ghosts.

Look at this tiny baby who doesn't know the difference between a ghost and a poltergeist smdh

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I loving love redditor atheist Nitori, Symposium of Post-Mysticism did great things to the character writing

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

amuayse posted:

Now it's just sort of a thing to expect from lots of starting indie artists these days I guess.

It's really something to expect from basically every artist.

A secret is that even if you don't share it or do it because you or someone else finds it sexy is that it's excellent anatomy practice. It's just when someone gets into fetish art that it can get a bit weird, and even then, w/e dog

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

HGH posted:

So Urban Limbo's site updated and those leaks we heard about so long ago got confirmed.
The characters are looking great. I love this artist.

Oh also it's being released at Reitaisai just in case anyone wasn't sure (May 10th)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

brave nazi aviator posted:

yes they do but they are 'flaccid and unmineralized'

Please do not talk about my dick in the touhou thread it is very rude

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The ability to preorder it just went up and came with a bunch of screenshots. The entire Hopeless Masquerade crew is in as well as the new fuckers and it looks like movesets got changed.

I can see the game's equivalent to Weather being really dumb.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Byakuren being an ally of youkai despite being a buddhist is p much like being a men's rights activist in gensokyo

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9AyieAvQtU
wait poo poo wrong series
(Mohican Sandbag owns)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m-us2yE0s4

The trailer for ULiL is Actually Out instead of being phone-captured or w/e from a display

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Most have new gimmicks, which honestly just seem to be sort of just attacks that change up how they play a tiny bit. Miko isn't Powered By Popularity anymore, apparently during one of her attacks your opponent gets asked if they want to power up Miko's melee attacks or her projectiles. Kokoro doesn't shift between religions mid-fight (since it looks like the religions are gone entirely,) and instead she has a once-per-round counter attack.

I'm pretty sure Futo's plate-breaking buffs are still a thing at least, though. They were kind of integral for her to Not Completely Suck.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
It's Chun-Li. You're talking about Chun-Li. She is the kickingest fighting game character of course it's Chun-Li.

CommissarMega posted:

Those tracks are new, right? Because I think I'd remember themes as awesome as Marisa's and Sukuna's (they cut off Sukuna's into at the good part, shiiit). Byakuren's music is also loving amazing. Mind you, their theme songs are among the hardest to gently caress up. Futo's theme should also be good for a listen or two.

Futo's is the best actually and Byakuren's is the worst hth

(Much like Futo and Byakuren, the characters)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Who do you think Obama's favorite Touhou is

I bet it'd be Remilia

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

CommissarMega posted:

Buddy I will fight you

The taoists are here, buddhism is for losers

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
You can play a web demo of Urban Legend of Limbo now.

Of note: it's got 15 character slots, not 14, so either there's a pretty good chance someone is a mid-boss and they haven't announced them yet, like Mamizou.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Hey I'm here to say all the music for the new games owns, especially this one also I don't want to switch to Japanese locale so I can't play Urban Legend in Limbo. Dang. (At least, running it in AppLocale didn't even start the program, so that might not be it and be something else, I don't know)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Her occult theme is literally "Men in Black" of course it's the neuralyzer, would you expect any different??

Every character kind of grabbed onto an Urban Legend and uses it as a theme for their occult attacks and whatnot.

I'm pretty sure this got talked about before but sure here it is again:
Reimu is themed after the same thing that Yukari is based on, the Gap Woman. A lady lives between gaps for some reason. She likes watching you.
Marisa has a large grab-bag of school-related Urban Legends, but her last word is based off of Hanako of the Toilet.
Ichirin has Hasshaku-sama, which is basically Japanese Slender Man. Started on the internet and everything.
Futo is Banchou Sarayashiki, which is pretty much just a ghost story. It involves plates.
Miko has "red and blue mantle" which is a really specific urban legend about a dude that lives in a toilet stall and then asks if you want red or blue toilet paper. Either answer is wrong.
Byakuren has the Turbo Hag. An old lady runs past you at high speed on the highway and taps on your window. If you notice her, you get in a car crash. Here this means she rides a motorcycle (???)
Mamizou I just talked about.
Nitori is just rockin' the loch ness monster.
Koishi is Ms. Merry's Phone Call, which is a spoooky caller and then you die because she stabbed you!!!!!
Kokoro is themed after a kuchisake-onna proper.
Kasen has the Monkey's Paw, which isn't really an urban legend so much as it is just a short story, but okay whatever.
Mokou is Spontaneous Human Combustion. This one is extremely obvious. Her last word is literally just blowing herself up.
Shinmyoumaru is Little Green Men. The classic aliens. She uses green-painted inchlings though. Her last word is making a big one with the mallet.
Sumireko's, as far as I can tell, is end of the world scenarios. Y2K, 6/6/06, 2012, The Rapture, all that kind of thing.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Poor timing given that an actual character with the exact abilities of this fucker right here was introduced at the same event huh

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

a cartoon duck posted:

Also personally I find DDC harder than UFO and SA even with all its resources but whenever difficulty discussion comes up I seem to be in the minority thinking this, so.

The patterns in DDC are designed fundamentally differently from UFO and SA. Spellcards in UFO and SA are pretty much like 80% static/slightly based on your position and are set up kind of like puzzles, while DDC has a lot more twitch dodging, streaming, aimed and random spellcards in it, so you're probably just better at the former type than the latter.

Basically DDC is lot more like a normal-rear end shoot-em'-up

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Hopeless Masquerade took a long time to get there, but when it got finished it eventually managed to get a surprisingly complex, extremely combo-heavy form of high-level play. It still wasn't all that accessible, though, so casual play still kind of sucked.

Urban Legend in Limbo plays a lot more simply while still having the mechanics in there that supposedly supports the former (it hasn't really been long enough to create a scene yet.) It's a lot more accessible than Hopeless Masquerade because of it and feels a lot better. Its netcode still kind of sucks.

Also, Urban Legend in Limbo is a game that was actually complete on release, so all the subsequent patches have actually been for post-release stuff instead of fixing their hopelessly unfinished game.

mdct fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 17, 2015

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

GENSOKYO HAS MANY DOORS, REIMU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The moon is loving weird

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Wasn't there a clown in Dolls of Pseudo Paradise?? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
ANOTHER DAY VOLUNTEERING AT THE MOON LANDING MUSEUM. EVERYONE KEEPS ASKING ME IF THEY CAN gently caress THE FLAG. BUDDY, THEY WON'T EVEN LET ME gently caress IT