Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Anyone know why Jeff sounds quite a bit different from his whoseline days? I was surprised when it turned out to be him and I still am surprised that hear that voice come out of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Goddamn I wish I could go. If I ever visit LA and Harmontown is still going...

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Podcast Addict on android also states 1:52:52

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Taking to non service people strangers is weird. I've only done or when we are all there for a common pretty defining reason, like at university when I entry to an event for computer scientists. I should now travel does not count, cause travel is... I dunno but travel is weird/strange/necessary enough for everyone why would I want to interact with them when I just want to get somewhere.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Goon presence confirmed? I'll be going alone, even with the price tag I can't convince anyone to come along to the drunken ramblings of Dan Harmon oh well, I haven't seen the doc yet so I'll be doing both at once.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

The Berzerker posted:

The Toronto comptroller will be Bobcat Goldthwait. Fuuuuuck yes

Seriously gently caress yes I was pumped for Jeff but Bobcat! Also think they'll address the elephant in the room?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

KoRMaK posted:

What elephant?

Really you can take your pick.

Currently I'm curious about Jeff's absence. Is he on tour or something?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

The Berzerker posted:

It was a little over 2 hours. It ended around 11:30 and started a bit after 9.

Canadian moon bombs, Lady in Red turned into Transgender Woman in Lavender, etc. I had a good time despite having to sit way near the back.

Yes was fairly long but quite good. Lagged a bit around the 1:30 mark when Earthshine maker Jane pulled Dan into both Earthshine and Transgendered which meant Dan fumbled around until he found his point.

Also Bobcat was great as usual.

In importantish new to this thread.

1) Starting November 1st all episodes will be livestreamed

2) Starting January 1st you can subscribe to Harmontown. And 1) moves under this subscription. $5 a month or some discount for half/full year packages.
http://www.harmontown.com/subscribe/

Also some other strange benefits and not so strange benefits.

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 5, 2014

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

KoRMaK posted:

Do we get a podcast of this? Also, what the gently caress are you guys talking about : earthshine pulled into transgendered?

Yes it'll be up on Monday as usual. It's just the Doc got scheduled for Saturday so they did the show as well.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Chexoid posted:

Hahah yeah, you can bet that dude was looking for any excuse to get up on stage.

Also I'm surprised no one mentioned how we were blessed with seeing Spencer's Anti-Coyote spin kick again, though the effect was diminished without the music.

Whoa that was a Canadian exclusive!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

JesusFists posted:

Soo apparently there was another podcast / movie Q&A today at the Vista theater in LA, and the audio's already up? Guest comptroller Kumail!

[url][/url]

Just now starting it, looks slightly shorter than average but still a full show at 1 hr 45 mins.

Apparently that episode was on Thursday and just got released today.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

JesusFists posted:

Ok, that makes more sense, since they only left Toronto today.

So, show of hands, who's planning to subscribe to HT? It's my favorite podcast, so I think I'll be handing over $45 for a yearlong membership come Jan. 1st.

I am, though I wish they did merch, I'd have a bunch of poo poo by now.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Woo after the Saturday show someone was apparently mad that Dan got a bit confused on his gender pronouns and also that he asked for additional "Estrogen" on the stage for DnD.

Ah fun times with Dan Harmon!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

I think it was Janne (moonshine lady), which if so that's even more fuckin' hilarious because the first time he met her (when she hadn't transitioned or wasn't obviously feminine or something, I'm not clear on the details) he called her "him" and Janne didn't correct him, but then twitter dm'd him before the next podcast and he spent a whole like, thing in the very next podcast pointing out how he hosed up by referring to her as the wrong pronoun- despite there being no possible loving way on this planet that there's any way he could've known that

I think she didn't even refer to herself as Janne to him so yeah

lol

No Jane doesn't care, she likes Dan and figures he's on the side of freedom and whatnot but still clearly has his own issues. It was someone in the audience according to reddit who was annoyed that Dan slipped up on his pronouns. I think the bigger thing is here, he asked her what pronouns to use but that was after he was already drunk on Vodka and then started drinking moonshine.

All in all I just figured it'd be worth a laugh here, "look tumblr's mad at Dan again".

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

MY ABACUS! posted:

Is it pronounced like Forest Gump saying "Jenny?"

No it's literally Jane now. She changed it.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Giggs posted:

He has mentioned it many times, though more in old episodes than newer. He doesn't say "retarded" as much anymore, negating his need o qualify such a statement.

I'm a little ways into 119 and boy Kumail is good to have back. He might be my consistent favourite on the show.

I'm starting to miss Jeff I love the constant guest Comptrollers like Kumail and Bobcat but it's clear some of the others aren't quite up to the task. Also I do enjoy whenever Schrab is on the show.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

TontoCorazon posted:

Yeah when Joel McHale was literally making fun of everybody and everything. poo poo was funny as hell. Also the nerd rage about the integrity of the gaming industry being compromised by Joel McHale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-rA5LzFc9I

Ah great times indeed. I watched em live cause I was bored and Geoff was getting flustered at every point, and kept trying to keep things on track.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I see the audio version just fine

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Giggs posted:

I'm not sure much of what you said makes sense or why you're annoyed.

These last two episodes were alright.

Hint: He's Irish Joe

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

So I don't know of you guys need more Dan or not but he's doing a weird video blog on the website. It's suppodded to be daily.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Zsinjeh posted:

So I'm on the right page: is the live stream -as it's happening- behind a paywall or is it just for the video version of the podcast that also comes out these 3 days later?
The show is at like 4am my time so I never bother to watch so I don't know. Has any of the paid content even started happening g at all?

E: I know having to wait 3 days is a bit of a bummer (that I hope they fix) I don't want either, but it seems on top of that people are getting the idea the stream is the paid content? Is that happening or is this a mountain out of a mole hill?

As far as I know the livestream will be pay walled as well as Dan's daily video blog!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Y'all are crazy they aren't accepting money now because Harmon(TM). You can watch the previous episode if you feel like go do it right now.

EDIT: At least as far as I can tell. I'm looking at how to do it but whatever. Also the current features are open to all who look for it atm.

EDIT2: Oh poo poo as I refresh now Dan's Blog is finally paywalled. I assume going forward video episodes will be as well.

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 16, 2015

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

Probably because I wasn't there.
If I sent you a 3x5 glossy, will you put it on your dartboard and get over it?

I'll take one you dreamboat you. Cause I'm definitely pro Goldberg. Many randoms have been more annoying then you and you tended to get off the stage rather fast when you still went up. Also Jeff's over reaction to you is always entertaining.

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 27, 2015

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I'm sorry but I had to stop because you used the phrase "Gas" which is could either be the true Propane or some sort of Natural gas. Let's not even talk about the fact you mentioned charcoal. You need to taste the meat not the heat and use propane as god intended.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Giggs posted:

This is a lot like when one of my eyelashes fell into my newly poured cereal and I just walked around my place telling my roommates how my cereal was ruined for 3 hours then threw the bowl and its contents wholesale into the street.

This is an accurate comparison of a laugh on a podcast to any easily removed eyelash from cereal. Thanks!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Hey now Gary Busey makes sense every now and then

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Mark David Chapman posted:

I think they finally caught on to being able to download the episodes for free.

You have the wrong date!

http://download.harmontown.com/video/harmontown-2015-03-01-final.mp4

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Incoming high girl on shadowrun! (it sucks)

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

radlum posted:

I hope Dan forgets the 9:11 thing soon, it is never funny nor amusing. Also, I like regular Harmontown Spencer a lot more than tour Spencer.

Redenimtion is going to be a great movie at least for the beginning part.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

They've taken off 3 weeks in the first four months of this year, which means if that trend continues they will have a total of 9 weeks off in 2015.

Here are the number of episodes they've produced each year since their first full year (2013).
2013: 63 episodes
2014: 46 episodes
$20/month subscription service starts.
2015: 43 episodes (est.)

Basically, ever since they decided to start charging for the privilege of listening to Harmontown, they're producing roughly one-third fewer episodes than when it was completely free.

Not going to point out the anamoly of Harmoncountry? Of course not that would be logical and not an irish joe thing to do. 20 episodes in 30 days is a completely normal occurence and should be factored into all stats about this here podcast.

Really the true stats here is ever since they got popular off their country tour they've gotten lazy! Doing less then 20 shows per month!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Zsinjeh posted:

There have been 1569 posts made by in this thread since created in 2013.
Here are the number of lovely Irish Joe posts you've produced each year since Harmontowns first full year (2013).
2013: 14 posts
2014: 64 posts
$20/month subscription service starts.
2015: 500 post (est.)

:vince::eyepop::golfclap:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

ashpanash posted:

Not to mention it's $5 a month, not $20. For video, which wasn't offered before. And the audio podcast, which was all you got before, remains free.

But it fractures the community and you have to wait three days!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Foma posted:

If Dan doesn't want people to kill themselves, why would he make us listen to Adam Goldberg?

Goldberg is great, especially in this ep how dare you

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Sorry to see you go Golden Bee, you shall be missed I've always enjoyed your bits on Harmontown. Sucks that outcasts are so quick to target others but that's how it seems to go.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

I finally got around to listening to the show and you guys are making a huge deal about Erin when she only showed up for the last five minutes of the show and didn't say or do anything interesting.

:vince:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Where's Kumail dammit?

Doing his show his podcasts and his stand-up thing

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Oh man, Erin's back and we've got some wonderful awkwardness as Dan and Erin feel out each other

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Cast Iron Brick posted:

What a profound analysis of two people you know from a weekly hour long show.

Is this guy a gimmick account or does he just wax misogynistic all the time?

You just reading through the thread?

Anyways Irish Joe is Irish Joe, pretty good antagonistic account. Riles people up. Not a troll though, cause he's brought it to an art form. I'm a fan of his work as strangely we visit the same threads so I get my daily dose fairly often.

Edit I would post it but I'm on a phone. There exists a song talk to Irish Joe gif somewhere.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

KoRMaK posted:

Oh, so thats felicia day.

Only got like 10 minutes into her being on, not on board with it. Gonna finish the ep later.

I enjoyed her on her way more than most of her television appearances because she is explicitly not playing that character she is always forced into on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

hmm so it looks like Dan and Erin are divorcing

a development that was both utterly predictable and still kind of depressing

ah, well

poo poo I will miss her attempts at comedy.