Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
If you're level 50+ and want a free 110% mount (retail price 125 plat), tomorrow (5/21) we're going to run River of Souls and get all the achievements. Getting all the achievements gets you a free ghost pony.

If you want one show up around 7PM server and we'll see if we have people who want to go. Raids reset on Wednesday so if people aren't able to make it we can run another later in the week.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

I have a question that will greatly affect which class I play in the long term

Is this set available in-game?

That looks like the Warlord-tier (currently highest rank) Rogue PvP armor. I know the hat is at least. On the plus side any class can actually get that set, as they've added all the PvP armors as costume pieces, buyable with favor. You just have to have the minimum PvP rank to buy it.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Keshik posted:

I have 434 hit, and I've already cleared ToDQ in a pug. I'd really like a shot at getting into the other raid zones, but nobody from the raid group is EVER online to talk to about what or how to get involved.

I'm online like every night (Vandee or Wandee) and I usually put the raids together. Currently we are co-raiding with another guild, which I set up because about a month ago since there was only about 9 people logged on at raid times total and it looked liked goon-Rift was pretty much dead. Now with the humongous influx of people we would like to try setting up Goon Raiding(TM) again but I'm a bit hesitant to until we have a crew of 20ish raid-ready goons together, because pugging people is always a terrible affair and to be honest it's nice to be doing progression stuff again after not really doing much raiding for awhile.

The group we run with sometimes has empty slots, so if you're interested in running with us contact me ingame we can try and get you in for farm stuff at least.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Farts posted:

How is the housing system in this game compared to Everquest 2? Or anything else really that you could compare it to.

I can get my wife back on board if it's pretty robust. I've tried checking out youtube/other sources but can't find anything that's a huge in-depth source for the drat thing. I was able to get the free starter one but didn't find anything in my bags to place (only found the drat thing a few days later).

Also been playing my level 50 cleric that I haven't played since a few months after launch....severely behind, wondering what the gently caress I am doing...most likely going to start fresh on the 12th or soon after just so I can re-learn everything.

The dimension/housing system is pretty cool, the default UI for the editing is a little annoying to use. Some person made an addon http://www.riftui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=310 that makes it easier to to precision stuff. Check out our guild dimension also, I think it's really well done.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

cinn posted:

recently came back to Rift after quitting in the middle of Hammerknell. Having fun with my warrior but trying to get him back on track.

Had some questions, maybe some kind goonfolk can help me out.

Should I be using 1handers or 2handers? My old raid setup was 2handers but atm its a mystery to me!

Also is Dex still valued above Str for warriors or...

Basically what stats/weapons should I be going for.

I'm using a 42 warlord / 15 champion / 0 paragon spec atm for leveling. Could use input on builds and specs also.

help me I am lost in a sea of numbers and riftythings :(

edit: forgot to mention obv DPS not tanking but some random tank knowledge for warriors would be welcome! Someone please drop a warrior knowledge bomb on me

Trion changed it so theoretically two 1hers and a 2her of the same tier should give you exactly the same results DPS wise, and all Warrior abilities in all DPS specs can be used with 1hers or 2hers. Currently you get a bit of a stat lead by using two 1hers but it isn't a huge deal either way. Two 1hers looks cooler anyways.

STR is valued way above DEX now. Aside from randomly generated items all Warrior gear will be STR heavy, and don't take leather over Rogues. As for the secondary stats, in most cases Crit Power > Attack Power > Crit Rating.

The Warlord/Champ spec you are using is great for leveling. I liked going 0 Tempest for Shock Pulse so I can tag things at range. For DPS specs 61 (or however many you can put) Riftblade/15 Tempest/0 Paragon is very good. Here is a good write-up on the Rift forums about the spec and macros/rotation. The spec also does great in PvP (switch out 0 Paragon for 0 Warlord for the yank). Paragon is looking to get some buffs next week so that may be the next hotness.

Tempest is also a decent DPS spec which has the advantage of being ranged instead of melee. I don't use it too often and and I'm still using an outdated rotation, so here is the write-up on it done by the same dude who made the Riftblade guide.

Tanking kind of blows while leveling up unless you spend a bunch of Empyrean Sourcestones on tanking gear from the vendors in Tempest Bay. If you do manage to cobble together some gear it's best to use a heavy Paladin (Max Pally, rest into VK) or Reaver (Max Reaver, rest into Pally) spec. Paladin doesn't have as much AoE but has nice cooldowns. Reaver throws DOTs everywhere and poops out AoEs. Void Knight is my favorite tanking spec but it's kind of rough without having all 61 points and not much gear. It can AoE teleport groups of enemies on top of you and you do really good AoE damage in general, and you can purge and cleanse! Then again it looks likes things are getting buffed in the next patch so who knows!

vandiar fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 8, 2013

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Stampy have you thought about moving the guild to the other cluster? Would help alleviate some of the problems with Deepwood always being full and people not being able to xfer to the guild, and I don't think there's anything really holding us to here right? I say do it, I haven't been on so I can't really comment on anything first hand but I don't really see any negatives to doing it.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
My long journey to the land of durians and elephants is finally coming to an end, hooray. So with things the way they're looking with the GG guild, do we have enough 60s to start the dickslamming which is Goon Raiding again? If we do, once more unto the breach, dear friends.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Going to try 20-man goon raiding this Wednesday, 6PM PST server. Have 400+ hit and basic knowledge of your roles. There's a lot of good info in this thread and a basic raid primer on the Guild Wall ingame (few posts below the ASCII middle finger). If you have any questions contact Vandeeyar or Wandee ingame. I HOPE YOU'RE ALL EXCITED.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jun 24, 2013

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Is it open to people who do not have a character there?

People in guild were saying yes they could transfer there without any characters, so I went ahead and did it. Hopefully it stays open for awhile.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Earliest I pull the trigger is after the raid on Monday unless Hedo gives the clear, since he is basically that raid leader.

All we lose out on is Twins in FT, and we were going to do EE on Monday anyways.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Johson requested my champ spec, here it is!

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/0zGkpl0bcvlekIkiIusGukzv922

Buffs: Dominating Bearing, Way of the River, Storm Blade, Focus Of Body

Finisher Macro:
#show Thunderous Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Proper Timing
cast Thunderous Strike
cast Titan's Strike
cast Chains of Death
cast Bladefury

My bar is set up as follows:

1. Mighty Blow
2. Savage Sweep
3. Cornered Beast
4. Disruptive Strike
5. Finisher Macro

Then on whatever keys
Mark of Extermination, Bull Rush, Proper Timing

Keep Mark of Extermination up on all the monsters.

Start fight:
Bull Rush + Mark of Extermination -> 2 -> 5

Rotation:
3->5
4->5
1->2->5
Repeat until things are dead.

I'm lazy and put Proper Timing in my finisher macro, but if you want to do better press it right before Titan's Strike.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
annnd here's my Riftblade spec:

http://www.riftscene.com/soul-builder/?build=218

Macros:

Macro 1
#show rift Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Rift Strike
cast Flamespear
cast Rift Implosion

Macro 2
#show Shock Pulse
cast Burst Synergy
cast Shock Pulse

Macro 3
#show Rift Spear
cast Rift Spear
cast Searing Strike
cast shock pulse

Finisher Macro
#show fiery burst
cast fiery burst
cast icy burst

AoE Builder:
#show Thunder Strike
cast Rift Strike
cast Thunder Strike

AoE Finisher:
#show Storm Burst
suppressmacrofailures
cast Burst Synergy
cast Storm Burst
cast Earth Burst

Buffs:
Blade of the Ascended, Avatar of the Rift, Enhanced Conductivity, Empower, Way of the River

Bar Setup:
1. Macro 1
2. Macro 2
3. Frost Strike
4. Macro 3
5. Finisher Macro

Other abilities to have on bar:
Stonespear, Rift Barrage, Windspear, Riftwalk, Fork, RiftStorm

Single Target Rotation:
1->1->1->5
2->3->4->5
4->4->4->5
4->5 (OPTIONAL, doing 4->5 is more energy intensive and may cause you to go out of energy, if you find yourself dipping below 40-50 energy just do 4 and not 5 after)
Repeat

AoE:
Make sure Fork is active, cast Flamespear and Riftspear, and just mash your AoE builder and finisher/Rift Storm. Riftspear pierces targets so when it's forked against a pack of mobs it hits a ton of times and is pretty rad, so try to use it at good opportunities. Another thing you can do is if you're doing a ST fight with adds, have Searing Strike on another button and hit that instead of Macro 3 in your ST rotation, and save Riftspear for add killing. Or if you want take Riftspear out of Macro 3 and just have it on its own button. Whatever you prefer!

Sometimes trash hits really hard and tanks/healers will appreciate you stunning monsters. Don't forget to fork Windspear for more AoE stunnage.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 8, 2013

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Here's my UI along with a weird floor bug in Tempest Bay that was sort of unsettling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igE3obIyWGg

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kreczor posted:

That's about the same time that I messaged you last night, and you didn't respond! :argh:

I should have taken a screenshot last night, since I finally figured out how to do my buff bars correctly so I could see the Ion Shield on robutts. It also changes about every week, I'll take one after class today so you can marvel in the glory that is my UI.

I am sorry Krezor I did not see any message from you! I went AFK right after that so I probably just missed it or maybe I have subconciously blocked all communication from you. If it was important you can PM me or mail me ingame or something.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

admiral.baby posted:

Hey goons,

I have all the mats for the Rogue DPS endgame raid augments and crafted gear (from page 50). Please mail me in-game (Sindrei) or holler out here if you can craft for me. Thanks!

[Edit: have the augments and headgear]

If you send Vandee the mats I can make you the Dexterity seal, and if you tell me what equipment slots you need runes for I can probably hook you up.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Some new PTS stuff for Warriors:

Ailion posted:

Tempest

Double Pulse: No longer has a cooldown.

Quick Recharge: Now reduces the cooldown of Charged Pulse, Lightning Torrent and Storm Torrent by 2.5/5s.

Grounded: Now refunctioned to increase the damage of all ranged attacks by 5-15%.

Riftblade

Enhanced Burst: Now increases the damage of Riftblade abilities by 10/20% for 6s instead of non-Physical attacks.

Rift Strike: Now increases the Warrior’s non Physical damage by 20%, down from 25%.

Planar Blade: Now increases the damage of Riftblade abilities by 15%, up from 5%.

Beastmaster

Vicious Opportunity: Fixed a bug where Vicious Opportunity is tagged incorrectly as a Builder. It will no longer benefit from any damage bonuses to Builders and should no longer activate the Paragon’s Follow Up attacks.

Paragon

Flurry: Can now be used from a 20m range. Now tagged as a ranged attack.

Warlord

Eye of the Storm: Function has been changed. Now snares a single enemy for 10s. 10s cooldown. Off GCD.

Breaking Blow: No longer generates additional threat.

Some interesting changes...the two top Tempest changes actually do nothing, since Double Pulse can only follow Charged Pulse, and Charge Pulse's cooldown is still 15 seconds. The change to Quick Recharge drops Lightning Torrent from a 30s CD to a 25s CD, but that's not a DPS increase since you're only using it every 30s or so in the normal rotation since your whole damage rotation is based on the CD of Arc/Charged Pulse. Grounded change is pretty neat, no more having to stand still to do your max DPS.

The Riftblade change is kinda bleh, it's pretty much a straight up nerf to Shock Pulse use, which was one of the nicer features of Riftblade and its ability to deal with disconnects.

The Paragon Flurry change may be ok I guess, since before your only disconnect thing was spamming Shock Pulse and Skyfall for babby damage, although I do not think Flurry hits for much more than that, I'll have to take a gander when I log on tonight.

The lack of changes to the Warlord/Beastmaster sillyspec is nice to see, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just stealth nerf it somewhere in the future.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Honk honk gently caress zoness.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kreczor posted:

Obviously you wouldn't use paragon on any fight that has multiple targets (ie matriarch). Flurry serves no purpose at all to paragons regardless, save for disconnects. Even then, if it's a disconnect fight you'd be in better shape to use riftblade (debateable now). I guess just need to get even MORE IS for WL crystal.

I barely use Paragon for anything now, Warlord da bess. Also I used Warlord for Matriarch since we have plenty of AoE DPS :v: Even on a fight with disconnects Paragon has been better for almost everything unless you have to shock pulse spam a ranged target for some reason (Jultharin), and will be even better now that Shock Pulse damage has been reduced.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kreczor posted:

Yea, I kind of wish I could trade in my riftblade crystal. I'll be switching one of my specs over to WL or just buying the extra spot when I get a chance sometime next week.

Riftblade is still okay, it gets a bit of a ST boost with this hotfix, along with having ok AoE. It just sits in that weird spot between Warlord/Paragon and Champion. I mean it's great for experts if you don't feel like switching specs between trash and bosses!

Also most warrior crystals had that 120 str buff, its just that it required you to use some ability in the spec to activate it. Warlord was just a flat 120 str at all times so it was a bit silly. They changed it some time ago to be activated on Empowering Strike.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kreczor posted:

What's the 61 WL build? Is it 61WL/15RB/0TEMP or 61WL/15PARA/0TEMP? Folks on the official forums can't seem to decide which is better.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#5g8/8kGGGGGGliGg/2gJ

Builder:
#show King of the Hill
suppressmacrofailures
cast King of the Hill
cast Decisive strike
cast Piercing Thrust
cast Backhand
cast Vicious Blow

Finisher:
#show Killing Field
suppressmacrofailures
cast Killing field
cast Brutal Strike

Own key: Battle Surge, Tactical Surge, Empowering Strike, Cutting Slash, Flamespear, Breaking Blow, Arterial Strike, Clear the Breach, No Permission to Die.

Some people put Arterial Strike in the builder macro, but I don't! It helps me micromanage the attack point gain a bit easier since my brain cannot handle getting 3AP out of 1 GCD sometimes, and it's a bit less energy intensive to just cast it to re-apply the DoT rather than spamming it for the extra 3k hits. With the change to Surging Energy today you may be able to just dump it into the macro and just forget about it, we'll see tonight. There's some hubbablub about putting A Quick Death into your builder macro too but I haven't tested it really so for now I'm gonna leave it out.

There's not really a smooth rotation since attack point gaining is a bit crazy, so it's more of a priority based spec. The whole idea with this spec is keeping up your buffs and 5 DOTs on the target at all times, and spamming your builder and finisher inbetween.

Things to keep track of:
Empowering Strike (Builder, 15s buffs)
Arterial Strike (Builder, OGCD 10s dot)
Cutting Slash (Builder, 3 stacks, 15s dot, don't let this fall off)
Flamespear (Builder, 15s dot)
Battle Surge (Finisher, OGCD 60s selfbuff)
Tactical Surge (Finisher, OGCD 60s selfbuff)
Breaking Blow (Finisher, 12s debuff on monster)

As long as those are all up hit your builder macro and finisher macro. You gain AP erratically so try your best to hit the finisher button whenever you have 3 AP, unless for some reason Cutting Slash is about to fall off. This spec requires living energy/anthem cost reduction so if you want to try to dummy practice it make Murven sit there and bard for you imo. You literally have one ranged ability and target switching blows so it's a limited spec but it shits out gigantic crits like crazy so it's fun to play.

Edit: oh yeah you need the Warlord raid crystal.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 14, 2013

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kreczor posted:

What's the priority on cooldowns? I imagine it would be:
1. Cutting Slash
2. Battle Surge
3. Tactical Surge
4. Empowering Strike
5. Breaking Blow.
6. Arterial Strike
7. Flame Spear

Basically how I start the fight is:

~Start with 3 AP~
Battle Surge
Empower -> Cutting Slash x2 -> Tactical Surge
Arterial Strike -> Cutting Slash -> Flamespear -> Breaking Blow
Macro x 3 -> Finisher

Then whenever I need to reapply I just go Empowering -> Cutting Slash -> Flamespear -> Breaking Blow, and do the Surges when they need to be refreshed.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 14, 2013

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
http://www.twitch.tv/cynicalshotgun/c/2753936

RIP Kreczor.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Kreczor is a plague upon humanity and I don't know if Goon Squad's saintly guild roster can harbor such filth.

Anyways, I'm going to post about Paragon stuff now

I personally use the 10 Champ/5 Tempest version
http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7nA/3kllayGGGli/Vg

My macros are:

Macro 1
#show Setting Moon
cast Open the Stream
cast Reaping Harvest
cast Setting Moon

Macro 2
#show Shock Pulse
cast Final Blessing
cast Rising Waterfall
cast Shifting Blades
cast Shock Pulse

Macro 3
#show Sweep
cast Final Blessing
cast Rising Waterfall
cast Reaping Harvest
Cast Sweet

Macro 4
#show Death Touch
cast Final Blessing
cast Rising Waterfall
cast Reaping Harvest
cast Death Touch
cast Swift Strike

Macro 5
#show Combat Focus
cast Combat Focus
cast Reaping Harvest

My rotation is

1-1-1
2-2-2
3-3-3
4-4-4
4-4-4

1-1-1
2-2-2
3-3-3
5-5
4->4->4->4->4

Repeat

I've tried both variants, they both parse pretty similar. I like this one more though.

Although, after the buffs to Riftblade yesterday, it's only coming in about 1.2k or so behind in a pure dummy parse, and with Riftblade still having decent disconnect despite the SP nerf, and having good AoE on top of it, you will probably do more effective DPS on most fights as Riftblade over Paragon. Any fight that you would be beating Riftblade with Paragon you could probably have used Warlord instead :v:
I really am not seeing much use for Paragon at the moment.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've decided to give this another try with the game going free to play. I have like 90k store credit from my account age and subscription time. Are there super awesome account wide perks to buy or anything besides xp pots to but to make leveling easier? I have like 25 pots per character already.

Off the top of my head:

-32 or 36 slot bag, I forget the size, the biggest sack you can find on there.
-Fast mount. If you already have a 110% mount just save your credits and buy the 150% when you hit 60.
-Storm Legion souls.
-Brevanic Teleporter device

I can't think of anything else, but there's a bunch of things you can use those credits for at 60 at least.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kreczor posted:

You might also want to consider putting Shock Pulse on a separate key if you don't want to be stepping out of boss range to cast it. If you don't know, Shock Pulse triggers a (15s?) buff called Amped which buffs your AP if you have the points in tempest. Based off what I can tell without access to the game, this macro won't ever hit shock pulse. Or at least, that's what I can tell via vandees rotation.

That macro will fire off shock pulse if you are in melee range with 0 AP and no follow-up buff.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Zoness posted:

Don't you still get horrible macro delay when you macro in rising waterfall and other followers?

I have tried both macro'd and unmacro'd and I still get the same DPS. I don't notice any lag significant enough to drop any GCDs while doing it on the dummy and on raids. I'm not sure what is different now, because way back when when you were Champ/Para for ST you definitely did not want to macro followups because that was some insane macro lag.

edit: If you experience lag you can remove the followers from the macros and put Rising Waterfall/Final Blessing on their own button, and just go 1-Followup-1, 2-Followup-2, etc, that's how I did it when I was trying both ways.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 15, 2013

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

ITT everyone bails from the raid tonight. I will try to be there, though my internet is still poo poo so should be considered a sub. I was going to sit for Rolle anyways if we were full.

Well I guess it's a refreshing change for people to bail on farm night rather than fun filled Regulos Mondays!

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

clocksmash posted:

Sounds like it. Hopefully I'll be Chloro-ing sometime soon; I generally have raid nights free, and I have healing experience in EQ/WoW raiding.

Here's a good post by Amory about crafted things:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549507&userid=140565#post416404080

and here's a Chloro guide that may or may not help!
http://valvalval.net/chloromancer-guide-pve-2-3/

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
I am truly flabbergasted that they finally fixed that Warrior bow. I figured it was just going to be like that forever. It was broken how long, 4 or 5 months?

Silly Newbie posted:

Trying to decide if I'm going to stick with the game before I buy the expansion or get a goon guild invite - is the Harbinger soul as much fun as it looks?
I feel a little burned out on rogues, so I've been leveling a warrior and a cleric (mostly a warrior), how required are the expansion souls for those two?

And did they ever make riftstalker tanking viable?

If you decide to play again you should probably pick up the expansion souls. A lot of the endgame specs use them in some fashion, and the Mage one is especially great when leveling up. You can probably get by without Defiler for Clerics but since you get all the souls when you buy the expansion you may as well. I personally haven't played much Harbringer but I've heard it's a blast.

Rifstalker tanks are fine and great and main tank all the time.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Did they fix the graphics glitches yet

Nope they just get worse and weirder every patch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtSr0teYMEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYT9zaeKaeY

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
New Warrior changes in 2.4:

Ailion posted:

Beastmaster

Calliope’s Beastmaster Crystal 4 piece bonus: Enemies affected by the Warrior's Messy Wounds take an additional 500 damage from the Warrior's Beastmaster attacks instead of all attacks. No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Brutal Strike: Now it deals an additional 30% damage per damage over time effect on the target, up to 150%.

Vicious Blow: Now it deals an additional 15% damage per damage over time effect on the target, up to 75%.

Tempest

Calliope’s Tempest Crystal 4 piece bonus: Now increases the damage of Tempest attacks by 500 instead of all ranged attacks. No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Riftblade

Calliope’s Riftblade Crystal 4 piece bonus: Enemies affected by Rift Implosion take an additional 500 damage from the Warrior's Riftblade attacks instead of all attacks. No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Blade of Elemental Affinity: Can now stack with Recovery Posture and Way of the Sun.

Void Knight

Calliope’s Void Knight Crystal 4 piece bonus: No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Paladin

Calliope’s Paladin Crystal 2 piece bonus: No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Champion
Calliope’s Champion Crystal 4 piece bonus: Using Titan's Strike causes up to 5 enemies within 7m to take an additional 500 damage from the Warrior's Champion attacks for 15s. No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Warlord

Calliope’s Warlord Crystal 4 piece bonus: Hitting with Piercing Thrust or Wave of Steel causes Empowering Strike, Decisive Strike, A Quick Death, King of the Hill and Breaking Blow to deal an additional 600 damage for 15s.

Recovery Posture: Can now stack with Blade of Elemental Affinity and Way of the Sun.

Paragon

Death Touch: Cooldown reduced to 20s, down from 30s.

Run Like the Wind: Now also reduces the cooldown of Fleet of Foot by 5-15s.

Way of the Sun: Can now stack with Blade of Elemental Affinity and Recovery Posture.

Feint: Removed.

Grasping the Horizon: New ability. Increases the range of Swift Strike, Setting Moon, Reaping Harvest and all Follow Up attacks by 20m for 10s. 30s cooldown.

Warlord is pretty much worthless now, I hopped on the test server to parse it and it's a good 1k below Paragon. OH WELL IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED.

Paragon changes look okay I guess, but it's just such a simple spec to play I had fun playing Warlord :(

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
The only reason I pull 25-26k single target on Matriarch is because I take a crystal every time they drop and I don't think I have gotten any run out or stop mechanics in a long time. I am sure Tsu could pull the same if not higher numbers if he went ST.

I'm not crying, I'm just dissapointed that one of the more fun and challenging specs I've played in this game is going to be gone. I guess I'm just crazy because I enjoyed having to watch like 6 buffs and DOTs and making sure none fell off while doing raid mechanics and stuff, it was decently engaging, especially on fights like Salvarola. :shrug:

Still probably a couple weeks before the changes drop, there is plenty of crying on the Rift forums though it's pretty great.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

shut up gelly posted:

i don't mind fixing the bugged crystal but 26k st on matriarch isn't even close to grounds for a nerf, especially since warlords pull 30k+ on goloch (still less than shamans!). after pts parsing in test gear the highest i could push rb on a 5min parse was 23k, which is just above what our pyros/harbs and shamans can pull on live. i like the paragon changes but the death touch cd change makes little sense (should be 15s) and they're still well below shamans and harbs.

the nerfs aren't going to stop us from clearing content but it sucks to have our most competitive build neutered and our others kinda just rotting. i won't even bother with tempest since i feel like that's a lost cause and ailion just doesn't care about it.

Yeah really, its the same as the Lightning Torrent CD reduction that he put in a couple patches ago. It does nothing, it doesn't change your rotation at all, you never use Lightning Torrent more than once every 25s or so. With Paragon you're never going to hit Death Touch until after a Shifting Blades, and Shifting Blades is on a 15s CD. It's just some really odd design choices.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Machai posted:

I see $10 for digital, $36 for boxed on Amazon. $10 on BestBuy but I can't tell if it is boxed although I don't think they do digital anyway. Walmart is $10 boxed ("item weight 1lbs"). All in all a pretty decent deal even if I will never really play Defiance.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_i=507846

Click on PC. Looks like it's a boxed copy for 10 dollars.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Machai posted:

"Defiance [Online Game Code]"

See where it says PC DOWNLOAD option? Just to the left of it is PC. Click on that.

HERE I MADE AN IMAGE FOR YOU

Edit: Oh welp it's 10 dollars for me, sucks to be you I guess!

vandiar fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 7, 2013

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

I enjoy the PVP, but the grind has gotten ridiculous. Zero innovation,.just adding 10 new levels and a new gear grind.

I don't know why you would expect anything different Its been the same thing in PvP since the game was released, and if Conquest was their best attempt at innovation they should probably just spend what dev time they have on other content. PvP will never be more than a brief afterthought.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

There was hope, but now that that's gone I won't be playing anymore :).

I kind of lost hope for PvP when they started making all those weird changes like 5 or 6 months ago with healing and TTK and it's been just going downhill since then. Rift PvP needs a lot of attention and with the way things are now it just will never happen :(

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Rift Space Program is the best new Rift minigame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OGrpJdLvpc

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Geez, progression raiding Esthi is a big jerk.

Seems like most people suddenly think they're hot poo poo when they join some progression guild, it's pretty :shobon:

I will cheese kill Eggtenders every week regardless if we can kill it the normal way or not, I don't care. It saves time and since we only raid like 5 hours/week I'd like to do as much as possible in our *~special time together~*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Farm night stops being farm night when half the raid doesn't show up because of random acts of god so we have to bumble our way through FT/EE with new people and everyone doing new roles. All the new people did well especially for us rushing through more or less, and I always enjoy when I have to tank but some consistency would be nice for a change. Maybe I have to move farm night to a different night or make it optional and make us have 2 progression nights I don't know!

vandiar fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 10, 2013

• Locked thread