Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Cross-Section posted:

Actually, it is being broadcast live on BBC Radio 3 in about a hour and a half. I'll admit it'll be somewhat of a weird announcement without the visual element, though.

Not if it's a well-known actor :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

That's not even Moffat's Sherlock

EDIT: Also, I don't seen anything on Google about an actor named "Howard Stretch"

Riptor fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 15, 2013

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

James R posted:

I wouldn't be against them somehow rolling back in time with the next series and using John Hurt as 'The Doctor' for a season, telling stories of his time.

that is exactly what I want to have happen, but it's not going to unfortunately

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Capaldi would be amazing for a ton of reasons, but in particular I just think they could make the physical transformation during the regeneration from Smith to him look really interesting since they're so physically different.

Speaking of which, anyone else feel like the visual effects from when Tennant regenerated to Smith was super crappy looking compared to when Eccleston turned into Tennant? I always feel like we got scammed a bit

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Raeg posted:

Well he did play a WHO doctor in it.

this is genius

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Capaldi's first episode is totally going to be called Twelfth Night

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The interesting dynamic there would be that 11 would know Donna, but she wouldn't know him, and she'd know 10 but not the chronological version of 10 traveling with Rose

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Chairman Capone posted:

In honor of the Kennedy assassination anniversary I'm reading Who Killed Kennedy. On the whole it's a really fun book, but what the author did to Dodo...There's a lot of weirdly dark stuff in those 90's Who books.

Gimme details please

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Harlock posted:

Does anyone else hope the Time War is resolved in such a way that'll allow them to contribute more to stories? I think would be neat for Capaldi Doctor to have a long-running singular villain to break up the creature of the week stuff. Preferably a Time Lord.

I really would like the Time Lords to be back, not as enemies though

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

HOLY loving poo poo ITS MCGANN!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

What where

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

So are we 100% sure there's going to be a Christmas special this season? I haven't heard a drat thing about it being filmed

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Harlock posted:

Yes. The Christmas Special is the last Matt Smith episode.

derp yeah i posted before I went and looked it up and it turns out filming is complete. Nevermind, ignore me!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

marktheando posted:

What could have been, if Moffat could manage a budget.

Finally! Ginger hair!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Harlock posted:

I guess the trap is to kill him while he's in regeneration? Like.. Lake Silencio?

that actually would be a pretty cool callback

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Ben Soosneb posted:

It's baTTle. There are T's in that word. Fucks sake.

i think the line is "time for one last bow"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Have we actually had an episode set in Cardiff since Boom Town?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

It reminds me of the third doctor by way of the ninth. Love it

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Umbra Dubium posted:

Unless someone can explain what "Danny Pink" is an anagram of, your theory is invalid.

Dank Pinny

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Chairman Capone posted:

I guess Kate Stewart was fine but Osgood was a completely forgettable example of yet another weak comedic side character.

weak is fine. Weak means there's room for improvement. Osgood was infinitely better than the idiotic big-glasses guy from Planet of the Dead, or that :siren:GADGET GADGET:siren: thing in terms of 'comedic' characters

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

James R posted:

I keep reading a whole load of bullshit about how The Master slipped through with the regenerations and is inside The Doctor, thus messing him up/asking if he's a good man, and that there'll be some sort of biological meta-crisis type event again where he'll syphon off into a new body.

gently caress you guys that sounds cool

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

James R posted:

I keep reading a whole load of bullshit about how The Master slipped through with the regenerations and is inside The Doctor, thus messing him up/asking if he's a good man, and that there'll be some sort of biological meta-crisis type event again where he'll syphon off into a new body.

do a thing where the siphoning thing goes all wonky and the master kinda blorps out of Capaldi's body and is revealed to be evil Eccleston, Smith or (i guess if you have to) Tennant

but with a goatee

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Oh my god. The Curator was the Master all along. He's sent the Doctor off on a fool's errand, looking for Gallifrey. :stare:

that would be great

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

seriously, it's the spoiler thread. post them here

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Mokinokaro posted:

I also have a soft spot for Gridlock. I'm not exactly sure why as it's very peak RTD yet for some reason in that episode all the elements fit together nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwN7dVgzh64

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

It's a parked bus in a forest. It's definitely meant to be there.

Let's not forget the jacket thing from Time of Angels. Two camps, one arguing the jacket was a production error and the other that it was deliberate.

but this is way more likely to be a little easter egg/joke from the SFX crew

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

actually having the Doctor's face on a poster on a bus is a bit more obvious than your usual SFX joke

especially on HDTVs, where you can MAKE OUT THE TEXT and, presumably, so can the characters

did you even look at the picture

its obscured by trees and stuff and not the focal point of the scene

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

EatinCake posted:

All the "The ____ that _____" is really trodden at this point. I'm dreading those episodes simply on title alone.

Besides the first two, none of them sound particularly interesting either.

I agree that books should be judged by their covers

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

Mainly I just see brief glimpses of things being moved around.

tell us the things

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Astroman posted:

The same way I can enjoy all those decanonized Star Trek novels and NAs? Yay.

"Oh, here's some speculative what if fan fiction that has no bearing on the universe I'm immersing myself in." :(

I mean the Unbound stories are great but it's not cool if really good ones that I considered canon become Unbounds for no good reason.

I mean, i knew a doctor who spoiler thread would be nerdy. I just didn't realize it'd be THIS nerdy

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Emerson Cod posted:

I suspect he doesn't give a poo poo

ftfy

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

TinTower posted:

Zygood was the one that the Master shot in Death in Heaven. :colbert:

This would not surprise me

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Realities of production schedules, budgets, etc would prevent this from realistically happening but next time they do a regeneration it'd be awesome if it just spontaneously happened in the middle of a season, or, even better, in the middle of an episode

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

a trap street by the way is a non-existent street that map makers would slip into maps so that if someone plagiarized them they'd be able to prove it

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I hope next week the Doctor sees a mule and freaks out

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

excited for Plump Man

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Is River holding a sonic... trowel?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I can't wait for Gomez-Master to kill Simm-Master so there are two Gomez-Masters.

that's actually really really Moffat-esque

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief posted:

I'll forcibly stamp my hopes down just so that I can wind up pleasantly surprised if it manages to be good, though.

this should be the motto of this thread

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oh fun are the army-church people back?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Also, many children ARE female! Shocking but true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

gently caress what you all say that sounds cool and different

• Locked thread