Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So I downloaded this on the PS4. I had 2 guys from launch that were low level and not worth anything. I decided to erase the lowest level one to start fresh so I could get used to the controls again. It deleted the other one even though the safety check had me input the name of the one I wanted to delete. Nice, so I just deleted the other out of frustration. They had an anniversary mission to get an Anniversary Cape. Will any new characters receive that mission or was it just for guys who were created at that time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Syrg Sapphire posted:

(You're still capped on weekly/daily things, but you get to run the Vault every day instead of every 3/7 for premium/free, and you get 125 replay badges a month to spend on resetting rewards.)

And soon, it's also going to include things like "early access to expansions", "discounts in the cash shop", and some other things, not counting that that $15 means "you're subbed to every SOE game for one fee".

They just announced that bit, kicks in in April.

That does not include SOE PS4 games in that price before anyone asks which is bullshit.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

whatspeakyou posted:

Just got my rage DPS to 30 last night. Name is Serrtan if you guys wanna do crap post-30. Not looking forward to slogging through CR, but I need to get to 84 for my red lantern gear. :colbert: I've been using hand blasters, but I would've so gone the bow if the drat arrows were red light too. Oh well. :smith:

Wait, I'm about to make my rage guy and was going bow. The arrows aren't red? That is kind of a deal killer. I guess rifle then.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rage arrows are red. I am a happy man. I haven't played this since release. I am PS4 and will try to add people who've posted here for PS. PSN - BadLeRo

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Playstation Goons, is everyone villain or hero? I don't want to get too far on one side and see that everyone is the opposite.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Bruc posted:

I decided to bite the bullet and grab the Light DLC pack and holy poo poo is light controlling like, exactly what I wanted out of this game. I never actually use my weapons, just beating the poo poo out of everything with light weapons is so drat fun especially since everything you do seems to cc stuff.

How do you guys on consoles do the targeting though? I am playing on PS4 and hold L1 to target is way too wonky and auto target seems to randomly target boxes and crates and poo poo. I really wish you could just hit L1 to TOGGLE target because holding L1 down when you have to hit L2 constantly for powers is super annoying.

I just hold L1 with my index finger while using my middle for L2. I guess I'm used to it from owning Playstations forever but it doesn't feel weird to me.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

whatspeakyou posted:

It's only missing Bat-nipples. :3:

George Clooney trademarked them.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Am I stupid and missing a setting where when I get a new piece of equipment it doesn't override my style outfit?

Also, the best part of playing on the PS4? The controller LED light up to whatever power you're using.

Edit: Yes, I am. Lock all! :doh:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

TheHoosier posted:

Oh god goons save me please. I'm a level 30 villain Gadget Controller and I can't take much more of this DPS/DPS/DPS/Me poo poo when I queue for groups.

Name's KobraKmndr because I'm a douche. I'll be in the channel.

On PS4

Hey, I am also a villian Gadgets Controller on PS4. The name is Maggot Fist. I'm only around level 15 though.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dugong posted:

I was considering getting some of the DLC stuff since it's 75% off on Steam but the community seems pretty dead.

I'm not sure on PC side of things but other than goons the Playstation community is huge. I can get into groups pretty quickly and the cities are packed. This is West Coast semi-late night so I can only imagine what it's like during primetime.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, the endgame won't keep people playing their high levels and the boring costume creator (and non-global unlock system) doesn't keep them making alts.

Just so everyone is clear on this, you do not like the character creator?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

mastajake posted:

The playerbase is so drat toxic. Most of the fun missions are group only and it's way too easy to get in a bad group or a group with leet min-maxers who are admitted by your playstyle.

It's fun as all get out though. I was one of the active ones in Goonlimited awhile back but it winds up being nearly worthless to team with players who are a lower CR than you. Not to mention, I was hoping they'd have a blue light or other new power since rage (I logged on last weekend for a bit to see the changes).

Munitions is being released today, I believe. I've only seen it for a few minutes pre-release but the devs said they are going for a 80s-90s over-the-top action movie aesthetics for it. I have unused PS4 Smedbucks so I'll probably pick it up to fool around with. it's a Controller spec.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Today is the 5th anniversary. The gifts are a poster for your lair and a Daybreak logo for your costume! :fap:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Steve Vader posted:

A friend of mine on PS told me everyone is on the same server - PC, XBox, etc. - and we can all play together.

Your friend is wrong. Xbox is separate from PSN/PC.

DCUO XBox Faq posted:

Q : Will there be crossplay on Xbox One with PC/PSN?
A: No. The Xbox One community will be on their own separate servers; we do not have crossplay with PC/PSN.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

mastajake posted:

If the PC and PS4 servers are shared now, does that mean the accounts are shared across the platforms? That might be enough for me to pick it up on PS4 and play for awhile with my old characters.

Unfortunately they are not. I actually downloaded the PC version today since I have a bunch of Smedbucks sitting in my account. When logging into the game I had to make a new character and my PS4 guys were nowhere to be found. Major bummer.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Steve Vader posted:

Okay, I'm having some weird stuff happening in my game.

My Hand Blaster skills are no longer working. I'm at Level 11 now. All I can do is barebones punch. My powers are working, and I wonder if it has something to do with me getting a second option for loadouts as a Control when I did my first ever group mission. Or if it's because I started my first PVP mission, got my rear end kicked a lot, and bailed on it so I could level up.

Had a Vault ticket during the Watchtower tour. Went in, got all the boxes, but the end-thing didn't trigger. So I left anyway. And now it's a hanging incomplete mission I can't finish. And I think I need to finish that to get a base.

Various items in my inventory are now red-bordered and I have no idea what that means.

Go to a vendor and repair your poo poo.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Steve Vader posted:

Ah. So that got me my skills back. How does stuff get broken? You get knocked out too many times?

Basically. Anytime you die or whatever you lose durability on your things. When it hits zero you lose the functionality of that item. Just get in the habit of repairing every time you vendor stuff and you'll be good.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Steve Vader posted:

Okay, thanks.

That still leaves me the problem of being unable to get a base because I can't finish that Ambush Bug task. Hoping the next time I get a Vault ticket, it'll work itself out.

Have you tried abandoning the quest? Not sure what it'll do to the ticket but could always try since it's not doing anything anyways.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If I sub now for a month will I get an extra?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Steve Vader posted:

OH. The free advance is to CR100. Not Level 100. That is less impressive.

There is no level 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Blockhouse posted:

Clearly the answer to this is get a league back together

Can we call it Thin Lizzy?

We even have a theme song! Can blast that constantly through proximity voice chat.

• Locked thread