Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

axleblaze posted:

With HankCo dollars you can probably buy the following:

I wonder if this list is a weird manifestation of Hank inheriting his father's tendency towards strange and gross cocktails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Delaio posted:

Man, I could watch this gif all day.

On a side note I get to watch a bunch of venture bros tonight with someone who just started last night. I love watching this show with people who've never seen it before.

He really puts his body into that throw.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

notZaar posted:

They used to have Stephen Colbert too before he got hugely popular.

Yeah, and his people were real snotty assholes when the Venture Bros team tried to contact him about coming back for the next season.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Pope Guilty posted:

Didn't he actually want to go back and do it, but his people were dicks and never told him he'd been asked?

I only know what I know from this post in Jackson Publick's blog way back:

http://jacksonpublick.livejournal.com/19560.html

It wouldn't surprise me if his people never asked him.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

redbackground posted:

That's what I thought! Like, why the gently caress would Wariana need a guard?

He's...he's going to be okay, right?

Nah, he dead.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Red posted:

He took a similar beating to Hatred, who's in the hospital.

Yeah but Hatred is a super soldier, I think. Or at the very least, a seasoned veteran of the OSI and the Guild. Poor doorman isn't made of such stern stuff.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Four Score posted:

the Guild and stuff like the emails has always struck me as especially funny because my ISP is the "GCI"

How's the customer service? They given you any pens?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah, the The Tick pilot was fantastic, someone should go and make a The Tick thread or something, because if it maintains that level of quality, I think people will have a lot to say about it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

axleblaze posted:

Apparently Amazon ordered more episodes of The Tick so :woop:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

YES

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Spoonsy posted:

So un-Tick related (yay), but there's a Venture Bros panel at NYCC next week. Either they may have something or it'll be another 45 min of them talking about their dicks

what did they have to say about their dicks? tell to me the doc and publick dick facts please

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Here it is

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cojawfee posted:

Triana was voiced by Doc Hammer's ex wife, so I doubt she will ever come back.

but they were already exes at the time of first recording

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's pretty off-course from Venture Bros but I feel like Xavier Renegade Angel didn't get nearly the attention it deserves if we're gonna talk "top Adult Swim shows"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

god how much did they have to pay for a David Bowie song in their trailer?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

How do you make turkey dinners on the downlow, incidentally? even in a house the size of the Monarch's, it must have smelt like thanksgiving 24/7 while Gary had that business going on

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It helps that the payoff is a ridiculous clusterfuck of mad science atrocities and Jonas Venture being a monster.

it's true on multiple levels!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm kind of glad that Dean now has a well-adjusted mentor figure. Maybe the kid will turn out alright.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Dr. Z is the best but I'm worried he's gonna get worn out, he's been in every episode so far and it would be nice to see some of the other council members. l mean if anyone is gonna do a good cop/bad cop routine it should've been Radical Left.

speaking of the council members, I wonder if red mantle and dragoon are going to die for old people reasons. it's around the time that buddy holly's generation is starting to keel over anyways

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

oops mixed up things

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

how many episodes are there in this season? this isn't the finale is it?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

graham cracker posted:

So Hank is freaking out over Sirena like REALLY BAD, so he goes outside hell bent on a mission to find her and... starts playing imaginary football the second he steps outside?

There have been hints that maybe he has some kind of developmental disabilities or mental health disorder issues this season.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mission Creep is a Grade A name incidentally

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dragoon and Red Mantle aren't my favorite characters but they have their moments. I liked their puttering about as they procrastinated on reading their final arch assignment.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

They could also be referring to Douglas A MacArthur, who is also also a visual inspiration for Hunter Gathers. Also probably has some ideological similarities too

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

twistedmentat posted:

3 squares, all the guns he can shoot, and the OSI is probably pretty lax on a lot of stuff, so yea, he was born for it.

Apparently Goon Matthew J has a Talking Simpsons style Venture Bros show accessible through his patreon. If only i could afford 10bux a month. That's not a joke, i really can't.

the secret to handling those kinds of paywalls as a poor person is to wait long enough for the paywalled series to have a lot of episodes, join the patreon for 1 month, and download the backlogs and then cancel your patreon

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Phenotype posted:

Also names are stupid and spelled however the parents want. My cousins are named Justen and Romy (rhymes with Tommy).

this is an act of parental aggression

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lunatic Sledge posted:

CGI a beefier warburton

edit: do whatever they did to make peter serafinowicz look huge in The Tick

and possibly make peter serafinowicz be live action Brock, just to make it weird

peter serafinowicz is, in fact, a large man

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

prefect posted:

I really wish there were a non-physical-media way to get these things. I'll gladly pay the Apple Store or whoever! Gimme!

Side note, in case anybody didn't already know it: Dana Snyder is also on the podcast "Dino and Dana's Safe Space", and he's great to listen to. Guy's got tons of charm. (The Dino in the title is Dino Stamatopoulos, who's a comedy writer with major-league skills. He wrote for the original Conan O'Brien show.) :allears:

also he did moral orel

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The new Harley Quinn show almost strikes me as DC's take on Venture Bros, tone-wise. Interestingly, it kinda shows the strength of the Guild structure compared to its take on the Legion of Doom; the Guild may have bureaucracy but it's pretty well organised and open to change, while the Legion seems a mess.

that's the thing about bureaucracy, it can be frustrating to deal with, but the alternative tends to be much worse

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

also a brick is just inherently a more comical weapon

a big stupid satchel of bricks

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bust Rodd posted:

St. Cloud sucks and is the worst character on the show besides Molotov

eat the pennies, bust rodd

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Good comedy works on multiple levels. Take the (first 10ish seasons of the) Simpsons, for example. There was very frequently surprisingly high brow references because the writers room were all Harvard people, but they also played to general audiences just with the entertaining of the premises and the executions both in animation and voice acting. VB is similar.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bust Rodd posted:

Well what the gently caress does this mean?

Cynically, it means they are offering false promises to soften the blowback they are getting

Optimistically, they are reconsidering their decision in the face of the blowback they are getting

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I watched for venture bros early seasons as a baby child teenager who got, generously, a fifth of the pop culture references and I still loved the hell out of it

Turns out good media works on multiple levels and doesn't require encyclopedic cultural knowledge, even if that encyclopedic cultural knowledge would elevate your understanding of the material

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

X_Toad posted:

I think the real nerd references in Venture Bros are the ones to painters that Hammer likes. Or the time Hatred mentioned a dude who created his own personal fictional universe with writings and collages and nobody discovered it until he died.

It kinda makes sense Hatred would know who Henry Darger is

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SeanBeansShako posted:

I mean what about the type of nerd who wants to untangle and find out what the hell these references are. Some of which are simply gold.

Oh man I used to love reading the mantis eye project for the low down on the references

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

multijoe posted:

Eat the pennies quizboy...

Just eat the goddammit pennies Billy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34gATGTDp38

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah Pete, like most characters on the show, is a charismatic but horrible person

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Images you can hear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lol I forgot about the gun pervert