Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, that bonus shirt is no Glorious Extra Color or I SKULL NY shirt (which got me a Go Team Venture a few days ago). Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Question Friend posted:

Did anyone else notice this animation error

What are we to believe, that this is a magic ghost hand or something? Boy, I really hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Master Twig posted:

I hope I wasn't the only one who was singing the makeover song from Clone High during the shopping dream sequence.

I know it's a classic trope, but boy is that the only thing I ever think of when I hear MAKEOVER!!!.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Shindragon posted:

Yeah I know. That was my point to someone else implying a bad joke with Dr Girlfriend when this show had a small cast and barely had a budget. I mean come on they even stated they used half the budget on a 30 second song in the 2nd season.

i can't even imagine that sequence without that song. it's perfect. it's brilliant.

That and Like A Friend. That might be changeable, but gosh, that sequence, too.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
wasn't there an episode where Watch and Ward went HAM on something or other? or am I just making that up?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
yeah if you like VB and you haven't watched any incarnations of The Tick, you're missing out.

Also the new DuckTales.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

feedmyleg posted:

All this season chat has me rewatching 4 and goddamn. What a season.

I was just watching the ending :allears:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Ugly In The Morning posted:

S7 is more about the Monarch than Rusty and I really like that.

Big "I told you that story so I could tell you this one" vibes.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Perchance to Dean has the prog rock opening, though, which is top-tier.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

feedmyleg posted:

They've announced that it's going to happen, just not when. Thinkin' that DC Universe isn't long for this world.

Yeah, when they debuted the Doom Patrol S2 premiere on HBO Max at the same time as DCU, that sign on the wall went from written to neon.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

bull3964 posted:

When? They were very specific when HBO Max launched that the only DCU show they were ever planning on putting on the service was Doom Patrol. Have they said something else since launch?

https://collider.com/harley-quinn-hbo-max-dc-universe/

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

bull3964 posted:

Interesting. They need to hurry up and add 4k HDR to HBO Max.

They need to hurry up and add it to Roku :mad:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

This doesn’t feel any stupider or less satisfying than all of Molotov’s team turning into mantis mutants.

Counterpoint: Like A Friend.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

tarlibone posted:

Or, it's Clue, and all of the players have killed the boys who have died multiple times as a condition of the game. The trick is, you have to guess which one of the boys' deaths each particular character is responsible for.

Tragedy Looper reskin!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
What did the tweet say?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Waffleopolis posted:

While it's not Venture Bros. related, I do consider this Venture Bros. adjacent. Harley Quinn is moving to HBO Max permanently due to DC Universe dying and just got picked up for season 3. It's the only cartoon that gives me a Venture Bros. vibe so I am glad it's continuing.

May I suggest: DuckTales?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
That Crash Test Dummies bit never fails.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

feedmyleg posted:

That guy is very obnoxious, but I still enjoyed watching him drink Doc's awful Doc-tails.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Imagine looking at someone who has had multiple long-running lead-role voice acting gigs and saying they peaked dozens of years ago, like I am, right now, saying he peaked on Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist.

H Jon Benjamin is a treasure and we must protect him at all costs.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

DogsInSpace! posted:

Really shocked at Metalocalypse as I swore there was bad blood there. Venture and ATHF seem like CN just not being ridiculous as haven't they always produced fans and good numbers (albeit slower than they'd like in the VB case)? I know if I was an exec I would just let Doc and Jackson just make what they want and treat it as a special event when a new season hit.

My guess is whomever Small had beef with at Turner because of Doomstar Requiem, they're long gone. Or, money talks!

I, personally, do not think another Metalocalypse season will be very good, but I am excited for the music. Gonna go listen to the new Cannibal Corpse album again now because it whips.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Sash! posted:

The first Dr Girlfriend I wore to death.

The second I could not wear in public.

Yeah, I got that second one in the mail and just noped it onto the Goodwill pile.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder how many people even know who Paul Lynde is anymore, I only barely do

Edit:v yeah that character is in the clip above

Templeton in the only true Charlotte's Web!

I was young and watched too many Hollywood Squares reruns growing up.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

pablo gbscobar posted:

Why does it walk like it needs to take a dump?

He's having a push.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

Well done

As for the beard, just remember that a beard is no substitute for a jawline no matter how you trim it

21 and 24 doing the Achewood bloatee strip :discourse:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Phenotype posted:

Really? I remember at least once where Jenna wears blackface (two black swans) but I can't think of anything else.

Jon Hamm in one of the live episodes doing a reference to Amos n Andy with Tracy is the one that sticks in my mind.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Ups_rail posted:

does anyone still have their VB shirt club shirts

I just wore my Glorious Extra Color shirt yesterday. I think I have all of that season's except the Spanikopita! (Lost a battle to bleach) and the Dr Mrs the Monarch shirt (grown adult, unwearable in public). Also the Destiny shirt is lost?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

SeanBeansShako posted:

I am just happy to see things in this thread that mean something is happening at last and we're not all waiting for some horrible axe to fall on us.

i am happy things are happening and also fully waiting/expecting a horrible axe.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfEc9J73BO4

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
hell yeah. gently caress yeah.

Did they ever say if they were recasting Dean's voice actor or are we just shrugging and moving on from that bump in the road?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It's better that nobody at Max knows about VB.

Especially since Metalocalypse isn't getting put on Max and that still has a movie to come out. It ain't out until it's out. And even then, buy physical.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Changes One? Love that album.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

I want to believe.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Barry Foster posted:

This is probably the closest we have to a Metalocalypse thread these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZcY88bMqHE

Good luck writing that song, Brendan.

(Please, also, be good)

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I hope they spent at least 75% of the budget getting the rights to It Takes Two.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

TerminalRaptor posted:

No one has discussed the biggest unsolved mystery:

Who would win in Samson vs Red Death?

I was sad that we didn't see one more go-around of Brock going shithouse on someone.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Matt Berry. They mention it in the commentary. They were going to have a whole episode of him arching Jonas.

So mad about this, just furious, really.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

moths posted:

I just now appreciated the creative decision to use a Rob Base song to rob a base.

Jesus loving christ

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Sphinx!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I watched The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas. Good times!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Anyone want seasons 1-6? First three on DVD, last three on Blu-Ray. They're literally going in the trash if nobody claims them. Cleaning out my parents basement.

May or may not come with a Killinger action figure still in the packaging. Okay, does.

(you can't have my art book. I'm keeping that.)

I'll claim!