Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Nidoking posted:

Puzzles requiring precise placement of shapes should not exist without some sort of snap feature that moves them automatically either to the boundaries of other nearby shapes or to predetermined locations/orientations. Requiring near-pixel-perfect placement and not giving a guide for it raises the difficulty in a bad way and to no additional testing of the player's reasoning capability.

There's also the part where the ends have to be pointing in the right direction, otherwise gently caress you. That poo poo tripped me up for a solid half hour trying to figure out what the hell I was doing wrong.

Materant fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Phelddagrif posted:

Happy New Year, thread!

I haven't followed this since around its start in... mid-2013 :stare:

Played through the game for the first time over Christmas, and I've gone through the whole thread this weekend to see everyone else's reactions. Holy crap was I wrong in basically all my posts.

Glad that things are still going strong!

Here's to another three updates in 2016! :cheers:

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Waffleman_ posted:

I wanna say we're about half through?

Nah, we've actually got most of the keys to the kingdom at this point. We're just missing a couple crucial bits that'll let us move on.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Glazius posted:

Does everybody just... trust Zero Sr. that escape is impossible? I suppose he's still got the remote needles if we get rambunctious.

Maybe not necessarily no way out, but definitely not one that wouldn't take potential months or years with their available options. Solid steel walls are kind of a bitch like that.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

GeneralYeti posted:

What I want to know is why none of the other characters get knocked out or tied up when they have 9 BP. I mean, that's how that one branch ended when we finally got to 9 after all. And Clover is, well, Clover. I doubt she could do much to K if he wanted to stop her.

Usually, if someone gets 9 BP, they're not dumb enough to just stand around and gab like Sigma did while everyone figures out what's going on. They're usually going right for the lever and when they pull it there's really no point stopping them since it only opens once.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

You don't fuckin' say.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Waffleman_ posted:

ZTD spoils VLR in basically the first hour.

It does the same for the bigger reveals in 999 as well. If not explicitly, definitely implicitly. Zero Time Dilemma is not a newcomer-friendly game.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

At this point I'm pretty convinced he's trying to beat Spirit Armor's record for longest time between updates.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Now I'm just sort of imagining him as a severed head ala Brocken from Mazinger Z. It's way funnier than it has any right to be.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Kangra posted:

No mystery, Tenmyouji directly stated her name. The mystery is technically the other way (he didn't give his name), but it seems really likely that he's Junpei. He does say that he's been looking for her 'for a long time' but not for romantic reasons (although Quark says differently).

Yeah, there's zero ambiguity at this point who Tenmyouji is. He has a photo of Akane as a kid, which puts him on a list of literally two people who that photo would mean something to, and his talk about her during the scene we saw it solidly narrows it down to Junpei.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

RIP Dio, couldn't have happened to a better person.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

If our killer is naked-K, one of the strange questions is "how does he know what Tubocurarine does"? (Another is how did he get that suit off. I'm trying to remember where his suit was investigated.)

Fedule posted:

Your bracelet also has a bunch of needles on the inside.
If you break the rules, those needles hop out and inject you.

First is the Soporil, which puts you to sleep. Nine minutes later, the tubocurarine is injected, numbing your respiratory muscles.

I guess you could say it'll really take your breath away!

There are many questions we need answered, but "how does K know what tubocurarine does" is not one of them.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Alacron posted:

Just need to point out, these shenanigans did kill Sigma. As of this cliffhanger Siggy is dying with no way out, since there was only enough antidote for one person and he gave it to Phi.

If K is responsible, which seems likely, then he's also killed himself with this plan. What the gently caress is he playing at? :psyduck:

It's very likely that it also killed Clover and Tenmyouji. As far as we're aware, no one made it through the doors, and it's looking pretty drat unlikely we'll ever find out if they did. If this whole thing was K's doing, he just succeeded in killing everyone but Phi and Quark.

I think he's got the second highest (non-self-inflicted) killcount at this point.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Oh. I guess that makes sense. *carefully avoids thinking about all the many other instances where Sigma could jump back in time to do other things better*

Sigma is many things, but smart is not necessarily one of them.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

We're not even at the AB Terminal yet, settle down.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Zakrelo posted:

To be a little fair, running for the door is the only chance to escape he has. If he stands around there's no way they're not gonna try and tie him up at the very least. And if he doesn't care about the door, why would he suddenly betray to get ahead of everyone else? (My hand is weird isnt a very good excuse.)

In fact, his hand being weird only really damns him more in everyone else's eyes. Sigma just wrote and cashed himself a check to incapacitation at the very least unless he escapes.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It would've been out of character (mostly) for Sigma but I still always wish he had just held on and let Dio's foot get crushed.

Dio had already dragged himself completely past the threshold anyway. All Sigma would have accomplished by holding on at that point in his drugged-up state would have been to be dragged even further out.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

She just remembered a funny joke at an inappropriate moment is all.

She might just be into the idea of severed limbs.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Epicmissingno posted:

Who's voting against who is decided by which doors everyone goes through, right? So what would that mean for these rounds? Everyone just picks a partner and votes, or the bracelet groups that make white count again? If it's the latter, then there's a serious flaw: if Sigma, Phi and Dio were to be in an arrangement where they would have had to all go through the same white door, then they all would have died.

Then again, with how much Akane and Zero know about what will happen across all the timelines, that eventuality probably wouldn't come up in any case.

The AB Game can be played any number of times once it passes the Star Round, by its own admission. It's just never come up before because of extraneous events every time we reach the Star Round.

Basically, everyone gets to faff around while every hour or so there's a voting round. For obvious reasons, this is not a compelling thing to show.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

ApplesandOranges posted:

Well, let's see who escaped in each ending:

Luna: Phi, Quark. Sigma only one left alive.
K: Nobody
Dio: Dio, Phi, Sigma.
Tenmyouji: Tenmyouji, Quark, Clover.
Quark: K, Dio
Clover: EVERYONE DIES
Alice: EVERYONE DIES
Sigma: Everyone except Sigma

So the Luna and Tenmyouji endings are the only ones where I could see people going back, because Dio's a factor in the others.

No one escaped in the Sigma ending, because the bombs blew up. I imagine being stopped from killing Akane is why Dio set them up in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Drufle posted:

I was always under the impression that Quark is sidelined so often because they didn't want to have to constantly murder a child on-screen.

In fact, they go to lengths to never show Quark dead. The only times Quark dies is when the facility explodes.

• Locked thread