Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

catlord posted:

And didn't they remove most of India? I thought I heard that but the video didn't show the far east of the map.

India isn't implemented yet, but the plan is to just add a small part of western India i think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

JerikTelorian posted:

Did they make it so you can't edit save files any more? I can't open the thing.

It's compressed. I think you can just unzip it. Alternatively you can resave the game, but choose to not compress the save.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Midnight Voyager posted:

Kinda surprised no mod has fixed this stuff already.

I don't think any of them are willing to fix vanilla bugs. When paradox stops releasing patches that might change.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Rodyle posted:

e: I know it's 80% in Vanilla but New Valyria is definitely 51% for whatever reason. Oh well, bugs, whatever.

You should take a look in the landed_titles file and look for e_new_valyria or whatever it is and look for any special requirements. I bet that bravoos is not allowed to create a valyrian empire because it would be dumb historically.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
You don't get to be an empire if all you ever managed to conquer was your own neighbourhood.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
They should borrow more ideas from EU Rome. Sure, it's not as good of a game, but it had alot of flavour and differences between characters and countries.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Dongattack posted:

What the gently caress is up with the Middle-East/India? With the same ruler I've had two hosts of around 50k to 70k men just pop up with no warning at all, how is this fun D:

You're gonna love the mongols.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Dongattack posted:

No, i'm prepared for that, that's the whole goal of this playthrough to beat back the Mongols, but even with them you get some warning.

Yeah, you should have gotten the usual warning about an adventurer preparing an attack. Might be a bug or you disabled the event somehow? Could also be the Seljuk invasion?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Torrannor posted:

Kill him. As far as I know there is no way to disinherit him, except switching to elective succession of course.

You can imprison him and make him a monk as long as he's unmarried.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

BurntCornMuffin posted:

What are the Goon Approved mods these days? I'm just getting back into this and CK2+ seems to be be quite out of date.

Historical Immersion Project for a historical experience. Game of Thrones, Elder Kings and Lux Invicta for fantasy mods. Basically all the mods that got their own subforum are good.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

Incidentally, is there a known issue with army models showing up wrong? Camels appear as horse archers and everything but generic Arab horse archers all appear as what I assume are western European models. It's strange.

Yes, the last patch introduced that.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Clanpot Shake posted:

I asked this earlier but never got an answer. A few times I've gotten popups asking if I wanted to instigate a war with a trade republic who held posts in my land. What are the pros and cons of doing this? Am I losing money by allowing non-vassal republics to operate in my territory?

You are not losing any money from tradeposts. If it is the event i'm thinking of the other republic should be paying you for going to war for them, and you'll get more money if you win so that's the only pro i can think of.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
All the mods get hosed almost every time there's a patch so while one release may be awesome and bugfree, another may be hopelessy incomplete and buggy. You shouldn't judge the mod on just one release.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Maybe there could be another horde from the east, but this time it's jihadis following trough on an ancient promise. As long as it's not in really poor taste to make all the muslims be extremists.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Or you could accept that CK2+ has died two times over and get historical immersion project.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Spiderfist Island posted:

A hell of a lot of Manichees just off camera in central Asia.

Edit: and Zunism

What is Zunism? Not on wiki or google...

Edit: Oh, search for Zunbils

Party In My Diapee fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 28, 2014

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Elias_Maluco posted:

What's good retinue composition for italians?

Normally I use 100% cultural retinues, but their cultural one is just pikemen.

Um, pikemen are good?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Because this is a Grand Strategy game made by an entire studio of history nerds :P

If you watch streams and stuff from paradox devs they don't really seem to be that into history. It's a company now first and foremost, not a passion project.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Who would have thought that if you make the game good, people will actually like it despite low interest in an old crappy inceration. It's not like people who loved CK1 or Rome don't enjoy the same stuff in CK2 as everyone else, we just had to be willing to see past the bugs and lovely mechanics in previous games.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
You guys really can't see how Georgia could have been conquered by muslims, had their royal house converted and then gotten involved with their claims in Russia? You guys must play boring CK2 games... It is too easy to convert your vassals just by asking, though.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Eric the Mauve posted:

So, anyone know what it is I must manually disable?

I'm guessing the new DLC.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I remember someone saying you would able to choose your successor now, just pick anyone you want. Did this not happen?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Taear posted:

They did say that's how CK2 (or maybe it was EU4?) was going to work.

The way they think they implemented that is by de jure laws.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
The Abbasids are suffering from an endless Nestorian revolt in Socotra in my game. That CB should probably have a ticking warscore, or maybe make island rebels capable of taking ships over to the mainland like Wiz managed in EU IV. Does anyone know if the caliph has to be at peace to declare a Jihad? I don't think there will be any in that case.

Edit: oh yeah, thanks. I just forcibly ended the war with the imprison command.

Party In My Diapee fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 13, 2014

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Glass Hand posted:

It's me. I'm playing CK2 on XP right now. :colbert:

I've never bought a unit graphics DLC because I don't give a poo poo what the units look like, but I'm pleased to hear that I dodged that particular bullet.

Yup, i am now disabling all the graphical DLC except portraits. Wish I knew it would screw my performance before I bought it, though I guess I should have known. Unless the graphical DLC released with Rajas of India had a huge impact on performance, then India definitely also made a huge difference with the added characters, mechanics and provinces which I could do without.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Ofaloaf posted:

Both _elizabeth and _elisabeth are used for linked names in the culture files. Is that intentional? Does that matter at all? Because now that I've noticed, it's driving me nuts.

I would say replace the ones with z, i don't think the few which are linked to _z will get proper regnal numbers except with themselves.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

cheesetriangles posted:

Paradox cares more about making sure everything is balanced rather than fun. Balancing stuff around multiplayer made me lose all faith in them.

We don't really have any alternatives, so they can pretty much do what they want.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

MinistryofLard posted:

So its Christmas Eve here, and given that my family doesn't celebrate Christmas at all, I figured I'd play some Crusader Kings.

It turns out that there's a piece of DLC that triggers only if you play on Christmas that plays a bunch of Christmas songs. its pretty cute, I didn't even know it was a thing.

Oh yeah, and my Genius king and his Genius heir got murdered by spawn of Satan son, who is currently causing my realm to fall apart. Its pretty great, I'll do a writeup of that at somepoint. This is the first time I've gotten the Spawn of Satan event chain. Its metal as poo poo.

It plays all December, I think.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Covski posted:

So, has anything been done about the "AIs can't disband levies" thing? I didn't see anybody whining about it in the thread looking back the last few days, so that means it's gotta be fixed by now, right? :ohdear:

Will finally be fixed in a patch next week.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
You can mouse over your county title icons and it will tell you the order of succession. Wouldn't surprise me if the tanist only gets the duchy.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

nutranurse posted:

Don't we have the 'personal combat ability' modifier now? Like, when you hover over the character sheet icon that's a shield with two swords crossed over it it tells you your personal combat ability. I know it has an effect on battles (morale and damage bonuses/maluses) but does it also affect 1-on-1 duels and such?

It was made for the duel option you get in the new DLC.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
So how complete is Birthright right now? Is stuff mostly implemented or is it really barebones and not really much to do?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

aeglus posted:

Ok so I decided to do a GoT game as Daenerys. It basically gives you some event troops that are pretty powerful and then you go about doing what she does for the most part. In my game Stannis won the war right away, so by the time I ended slavery on the other side of the world, he left his daughter on the throne. Decided now or never and went with the option to declare war for the throne (this is all within 10 years of the start date in that scenario). Daenerys gets a pretty powerful start and I win the war in about as long as it takes to siege King's Landing and the Red Keep.

Now my question: I know the mod is set up so that whenever the Iron Throne goes to war, all the vassal kingdoms split apart and get a choice on if they want to join your war or declare against you. That's fine and it's an interesting way to do things. What I don't understand is why a lot of the time, after I fight a war, some of these kingdoms never come back. It has to be a bug since there's no notification that they say they're staying independent, and no hit to diplomacy or anything.

For example, after I won the war The Westerlands were still independent so I declared war on them and won, bringing them back into The Iron Throne. Except then The North never came back. I declared war on Braavos and everyone split up again. After winning, The Westerlands didn't come back. Sort of dumb that something like that happens.

Are you sure they're not at war with someone or that you waited a few years? Otherwise it's a bug.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Ive always wondered by the mongols are ultimo. Wouldnt tanist be a better fit?

Isn't gavelkind what really happened to the mongol empire?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Grouchio posted:

I managed to access all current dlc and my game runs just fine.

Same, i don't see how Lux Invicta is any more broken than all the other mods. Of course, your luck may vary depending on how stable the SVN version is that week.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Gordito posted:

Okay so I'm over thirty hours into my love affair with this game and I've noticed something weird and not sure if anyone else saw this. I have two mods that I have to recheck every time I start the game up in Steam. What's even more odd is that I have a third one that I don't have to recheck, it just stays on normally. Anyone ever run into that? Am I doing something wrong?

On a sidenote; I learned a valuable lesson not to create a female, Germanic Pagan leader in Ireland during the Age of Charlemagne. She lasted about a good year before a vassal unseated her, placed her son in charge and became his regent. poo poo, this game is fun.

The settings remember which mod you last used as long as there aren't any spaces in the modname. Not every modmaker has figured this out apperantly.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

TheBlackRoija posted:

I use a localization mod with spaces in the name and it always gets remembered but anything else I turn on never does :shrug:

Sorry, not the name displayed in the launcher, but the foldername and .mod name. Open the .mod file in a texteditor and you'll see the difference.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Gordito posted:

Awesome; thanks for explaining that one for me. So if I rename the mods without spaces, will that correct it or am I just poo poo out of luck and I just need to remember to turn the mods on every time I start playing?

What i do is find the modfolder and look for modname.mod. Open that in notepad++, then i remove all spaces and rename the modnamefolder to match.

This will make CK2 remember:

name = "Lux Invicta v0.6J1"
path = "mod/LuxInvicta"
user_dir = "LuxInvicta"

It would not remember this:

name = "Lux Invicta v0.6J1"
path = "mod/Lux Invicta"
user_dir = "LuxInvicta"

Remember that the folder also has to be renamed.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I remember prisoner asking for a better accommodations happening all the time before, but for a long time (many patches ago) I've never seen it. Does the event look like it will ever fire if you just look at the vanilla event files?

This is the same with vanilla and every mod I've tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Bug fixing period sounds good to me.

• Locked thread