Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

xanthan posted:

Cross posting the blade chaos build from the last thread I guess.

You are loving adorable.

Can I have your horse babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

GEMorris posted:

Its terrible information that leads new players to making bad decisions, it should be derided and anyone not familiar with the game should be warned that it is terrible advice.

You seem pretty upset about this, bro. Tell me more about how it should be derided. Give me the hot, sweaty details.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Drinkfist posted:

This isn't where I parked my car.

I still haven't received my entrenching tool manual.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
ShitGearySays.com

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cleretic posted:

After a long time of toiling in dungeons, I have finally gotten all 10.4 equipment.

This means many things to many people. Being nearly as useful as your gear can allow, finally being able to get in on any team you want without lying, being able to actually survive in Facility NM.

For me it just means I don't have to fight Machine Tyrant anymore. And that knowledge, I feel, trumps all other implications.

Machine Tyrant (and legit 3/6 HF) are pretty much the best fight in the game. Why anyone wouldn't want to do them is beyond me.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The corect solution to the Machine Tyrant design is to add another ground particle area that moves about that remove lifeburn when you stand in it. Then double lifeburn's damage. Have Joel send me a check.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Reverend Dr posted:

Hey Cheston. Some of us on the forums think we have found a bug where the Whisper of Darkness damage in the raid is no longer being reduced by debilitate, physical protection, or major ward. This might explain a few things about the raids this last month, because even at our worst, Rhan and I are doing better swapping than some of the smooth and successful (aside from the tank swap) runs Plat and I did a few months prior.

Whisper of Darkness was never affected by Debilitate. Probably not by Major Ward either. It should be affected by Physical Protection and I have some old parses that clearly show that it was at one point.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

guppy posted:

I do but he's wrong. There is no way the average group does 10k DPS, at the high or low ends. That would be an average of 2k DPS per person and I've seen many groups where no other person does that much damage.

10k group dps? Were their other two dps d/c'ed? :smaug:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Nah I worded that sloppily, I more just meant better as in more variety. I actually do enjoy alot of the storylines and stuff.

Good to know though, that sounds pretty sweet.

To be clear, the game is not populated by 17 types of reskinned boars, goblins, bears, and skeletons.

There are some overlap between sub-zones of a major zone (i.e. Kingsmouth/Savage Coast/Blue Mountain share some assets), but for the most part, with the exception of some very generic things like zombies/ghosts, you'll get very different enemies and backdrops in each major zone.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Did you get Whisper of Darkness testing done last night?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Rookersh posted:

My current spec is Safety Off, Pump Action, Anima Shot, Fire at Will, Out for a Kill, Fire in the Hole, and Lock and Load.

I usually start with SO due to the extra point, PA for the weakness, SO/SO, OfaK/FitH because they are all I have that's high damage, then pop Lock and Load and do another FitH.

This usually only takes monsters down to 60-75%, so I have to do it twice more. And if I pull anything nearby, god help me, I'll be fighting for awhile.

From where I am pointswise ( starting to unlock Shotgun skills just to fight groups in Kingsmouth, just hit outer rim of ARs. ), I'm thinking of next grabbing Three Round Burst, at it looks like it'd be a bit better then FitH. The core problem still remains though of damage. My Anima shots barely heal me for 36 each hit, which is almost pointless. Just wondering if that stuff gets better as I gear up/get more skills/passives.

Don't run 2 builders. Especially 2 that each have a passive attached. You aren't doing enough damage because you have too many wasted passive slots most likely. The best healing is killing mobs before they hit you enough to matter.

You could go with a build like this for a minimum amount of AP spent and you should have enough damage and passive healing to roll everything without propping up with Anima Shot too often.

http://www.badomens.net/calculator#0164o.09.09066s800g.06g.09.090004.09.09.09.09.09.09.06/353j033b3x3d0b0008363a0c3e804w00

Also, where are you and what's the QL of your gear like. You could probably stand to pick up a few easy-to-get upgrades.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Question:

I got this last holiday sale on Steam and played it around December or January before setting it down until two weeks ago. When I played all that time ago, by the sheriff's station there were these weird aztec lookin' zombies (which I think look kind of like the cultists on the beach now that I've gotten that far) that weren't aggressive, but they were tough (for a starting character) to kill and when you did, they dropped some sort of pendant or medallion or ear or SOMETHING that gave you a quest.

Those aren't there anymore. Were those something that people had dragged all the way over there or are they just gone? I never had a chance to investigate what that quest was and now I'm curious because it's no longer there. Maybe they moved the mob closer to the university because that's where it asked you to go?

These were special mobs from the Mayan End of Days Event that was a one-time-only deal and will probably never happen again.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Frankenstein Dad posted:

It was absolutely the worst thing ever, so don't be sad.

Road to Xibalba was a cool loving boss fight, Frankie. :colbert:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I spent forty Soloman Island coins on a blue assault rifle at the Vinice dealer... But I never got the gun. Did I buy a recipe or something?

No. There are no recipes. Try logging out and back in.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cleretic posted:

That wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. And I don't think any 'global cooldown' influences this fact.

I'm still checking; The Business now only procs it once, Shootout two to three times (it's inconsistent, but according to the tooltip text on the ability it should be proccing five times), Gun Crazy three times, and Safety Off once both with and without Extra Bullet.

Hugh's right. You're wrong. Get over it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Not every bugfix gets a patch note.

Source: Every MMO, ever.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

KaneTW posted:

Toshimo did someone step on your toes or why are you being a dick to literally everyone in this thread?

Look, man, we can;t have people diluting the Funcompetence brand by applying it to trivially irrelevant poo poo. You need to save it for the things that they really gently caress up. Lord knows there are enough of them.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You know, if you told me ahead of time that the Illuminati had a meme spouting quest giver, I'd probably roll my eyes but the fact that he delivers every line completely monotone somehow makes it amusing rather than annoying. :geno:

Wait until you find out who he really is.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

GEMorris posted:

The only way to save TSW is to ban the 20% of it that makes 80% of the noise.

The irony of this post and who you are quoting threatens to overwhelm all of creation.

PLEASE STOP.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

JayJay posted:

Well I am kind of bummed out about the event, since I am new and QL5-6 it seems like I can't even participate in any of it. At least it was extended, maybe I can get far enough by the 15th to do the golems.

There are no requirements for this event. People were doing it last night on their QL0 alts.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Issue #7 is just Trans missions and Flamethrower? c/d

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cleretic posted:

Wow, I didn't even do it before now, but this event really is terrible. Like, there aren't even positive elements, it's just bad.

Literally the worst post in this thread. This event is just fine. The only major issue was Fusang which has theoretically been mitigated. Otherwise it is clearly a success. People of all QLs are getting to participate and the rewards are good.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Apparently 2,000 sustained dps leaves you waiting for respawns on ghouls. :negative:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Section Z posted:

Huh, I know I've been too busy to actually PLAY, but I just got a Steam message saying my card has charged back my The Secret World purchase. Game remoevd, the account will be restricted for 9 weeks (sept 10) etc, and "Once the restriction has been lifted, the mastercard will no longer be an accepted method of payment on steam".

What the hell? Should I be particularly worried for my card or is this Funcompetence? The bigger pain in the rear end if my card isn't in danger will be the whole 'sorry, you're not allowed to pay with this anymore if you want that game back'.

This is almost assuredly an isssue between your CC and Steam and has nothing to do with FunCom at all.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
"Genizah of the Lunar Metal is now a unique item. "

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Funcom Live Chat posted:

Thank you for using Funcom Live Chat. Due to high demand, the wait time for Live Chat is higher than usual. Please be patient and we will be with you as quickly as possible.
Customer has entered chat
GM Nirvelle has entered chat
2013-07-11 20:21:41 GM Nirvelle: Thank you for contacting Funcom Support. May I please have your account username?
2013-07-11 20:21:58 Customer: XXX
2013-07-11 20:22:19 GM Nirvelle: Thank you, one moment please while I load and review your account
2013-07-11 20:24:00 GM Nirvelle: I see that this membership automatically billed as it was started back in February and was not completed.
2013-07-11 20:24:32 GM Nirvelle: I have cancelled the recurring membership so you will not be billed for another membership unless you explicitly select a new membership
2013-07-11 20:25:02 Customer: Ok, but what about the one I was billed for yesterday?
2013-07-11 20:25:50 GM Nirvelle: We are not able to cancel/refund this specific membership as you have already used the services provided by this membership - You have spent the included 1200 Bonus Points, purchased Issue #7 (currently only purchasable with a membership), and have claimed 4 member-only items.
2013-07-11 20:26:51 Customer: Uhhh.. I spent the points from the $20 in points I purchased separately.
2013-07-11 20:27:07 Customer: The 1200 from the subscription showed up later and are unspent.
2013-07-11 20:28:14 GM Nirvelle: At 2013-07-11 00:52:02 you spent 1080 Bonus Points on Issue #7. At 2013-07-11 00:52:30 UTC, 360 Bonus Points and 720 Funcom Points were spent on the Meat is Murder outfit. I'm sorry, but these have been spent. Additionally, Issue #7 currently can ONLY be purchased with an active membership. We are not able to remove Issue #7.
2013-07-11 20:29:49 Customer: You do see where 2400 points were purchased, which triggered this, correct?
2013-07-11 20:30:23 GM Nirvelle: Yes. 2400 Funcom Points were purchased. Of the 2400, 720 were spent and your account has 1680 remaining.
2013-07-11 20:31:42 Customer: Right. So, a subscription I did not want and could not remove was charged to me without my approval. The points included in the issue remain unspent and in my account. But I cannot be refunded? For something I didn't ask for or approve?
2013-07-11 20:32:30 GM Nirvelle: A membership includes 1200 Bonus Points - These are different than Funcom Points, but are automatically spent before Funcom Points, as Bonus Points expire after 6 months. Additionally, the membership provided earlier access to the Issue #7 DLC, which you have bought. Issue #7 DLC is not purchasable by non-members until tomorrow.
2013-07-11 20:33:17 Customer: Automatically spent.
2013-07-11 20:33:19 GM Nirvelle: In the future, if you have an old payment on the account that you would like removed, please contact us via LiveChat or help.funcom.com and we'll be happy to remove it to prevent being billed for it. Unfortunately, as you have already used the membership benefits (and additionally claimed 4 member only items), we regrettably cannot refund this purchase.
2013-07-11 20:33:32 Customer: Yeah you can.
2013-07-11 20:33:51 Customer: If you can't, please find me a supervisor, because you can't just charge people for stuff.
2013-07-11 20:34:07 Customer: That's pretty much against the terms of every one of your credit card agreements.
2013-07-11 20:34:15 Customer: And certainly against Paypal's terms of service.,
2013-07-11 20:35:52 Customer: Your billing system broke. Then, because you formulated a system that specifically prevents me from choosing to not spend the bonus points, I could not choose another method.
2013-07-11 20:36:02 Customer: Again, a bug in your system.
2013-07-11 20:36:11 Customer: Go ahead and remove whatever member items.
2013-07-11 20:36:13 Customer: Don't care.
2013-07-11 20:36:16 GM Nirvelle: If you wish to register a complaint about this, you can submit a ticket at help.funcom.com. You authorized this purchase when you started it, and did not de-authorize it by requesting it to be cancelled. I'm very sorry, as there is not anything that I can assist you with, I'm afraid I must move on and assist waiting customers. Thank you for your understanding. Take care.
2013-07-11 20:36:21 GM Nirvelle: has closed the chat session. If you still need help, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Some poo poo is about to go down.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Aphrodite posted:

I assume I'd have the context for this if I was in game, but what happened? It renewed on its own or something?

For those who weren't in Mumble when this went down (always be in Mumble), I decided I wanted to buy some Funcom points so I could get an outfit. This is the sequence of events:

1 - Select Funcom Points to purchase
2 - Input CC info
3 - Get billed for Funcom points
4 - 6 month old failed transaction for a 1 month subscription gets put through.

There's no way to remove failed transactions (from, you know, when you stop playing) from your account. And the moment you purchase something else, the system decides it wants to try to rerun all those transactions, even though you didn't approve them.

So, now I've been billed for a subscription I didn't authorize or want, and they are like "tough poo poo, you should know how our billing system fails and preemptively work around it", to which I'm like "tough poo poo on you, that's not how the law or your credit card agreements work." They should know this after the poo poo they pulled with AoC/AO where they were triple billing people poo poo and had thousands of chargebacks and got reported up and down to the Better Business Bureau.

So, I'll be posting a sweet thread about it on the Funcom forums later today to push the issue and give Len somewhere to poo poo on pubbies.

We'll see how it plays out.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Aphrodite posted:

A cancellation registers as a failed transaction? Or did you have a card expire and let that cancel you?

I don't remember if it was by unlinking my paypal account or not updating my card details when I got a new card, but it was a failed transaction. Still, and unremovable failed transaction shouldn't auto-bill when you purchase an entirely separate item.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
In case you've never experienced the slovenly behemoth that is Funcom billing, you can't actually cancel/delete a failed sub. As in, there is literally no button to press. I unsubscribed when I came back, specifically to prevent this, but the failed transaction still reprocessed.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Welp. Mods gassed that thread super fast.

Also, go gently caress yourself, Raiser. Illumintai 4 Lyfe.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Millions of pax and a handful of bullion.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

GEMorris posted:

Posting about billing issues or posting a live chat transcript is a sure way to have your post insta-deleted.

You can have a previous failed payment removed. Open a live chat and ask them to do it before you add a payment method to an account with a pending transaction that you previously consented to.

No. I can't remove poo poo. If I'm previously aware of the situation, and happen to be on during the new 8-8 business hours of live chat, I can ask them to pretty please remove it. But that's a lovely way to run a business and really loving sketchy business practices.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cheston posted:

Hee. Funcom posted a bunch of images of the Anniversary fights on their Facebook. Do you see what I see?

Thats a pretty accurate video of the fight.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

guppy posted:

I've seen a few people complain about the people running it but I think they were great and deserve the reward. People cluttering up the channel with nonsense did need to shut the gently caress up so it could actually be used.

Pushing your personal Twitter, doling out false and misleading info, shouting down dissent, and engaging in massive circlejerks gets you rewarded. Check. Excellent work, Funcom.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

guppy posted:

I have no complaints.

Don't worry. I brought enough for everyone.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
For Hip Fire + Passive to exceed the value of Safety Off your ping would have to be so terrible that you'd just die to every AoE going off before you could see it, rendering your point moot.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Reverend Dr posted:

So basically every Australian?

If Frankie can do it with a tram literally roaring past his house in the wilds of the Outback while fighting off jumbucks and drop bears, I think it's safe to say that it's pretty doable under most circumstances.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
If you are new to the game, tooling around Kingsmouth and suddenly realizing that your gear is lagging behind, here's a list of all the missions in Kingsmouth that have gear rewards:

QL1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a Fistful of Zombies
------------------------
Mission Type: Main (Action)
Starting Coords:  62, 135 
Given by:  Jack Boone
Reward: QL1 Weapon

The Occultist's Cookbook
------------------------
Mission Type: Side
Starting Coords:  289,330 
Given by:  The Occultist's Cookbook
Reward: QL1 Chaos Focus

The Raven
---------
Starting Coords:  289,330 
Given by:  Madame Roget
Reward: QL1 Head Talisman

Supply Run
----------
Starting Coords:  188,319 
Given by:  Helen Bannerman
Reward: QL1 Wrist Talisman

The Tentacle Trail
------------------
Starting Coords:  461,481 
Given by:  Box of squid 
Reward: QL1 Finger Talisman

Elm Street Blues
----------------
Given by:  Deputy Andy
Reward: QL1 Neck Talisman

Horror Show
-----------
Mission Type: Main (Sabotage)
Given by:  Helen Bannerman
Reward: QL1 Luck Talisman

Dust to Dust
--------------
Given by:  Henry Hawthorne
Reward: QL1 Occult Talisman

Missing Persons
---------------
Given by:  Missing persons list
Reward: QL1 Waist Talisman

QL2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veterans Day
------------
Starting Coords:  268,492 
Given by:  Kingsmouth war memorial 
Reward: QL2 Weapon

They Never Stop Coming
----------------------
Starting Coords:  357,109 
Given by:  Norma Creed
Reward: QL2 Head Talisman

Rolls Downhill
--------------
Starting Coords:  125,682
Given by:  Che Garcia Hansson
Reward: QL2 Wrist Talisman

Draugnet
--------
Given by:  Deputy Andy
Reward: QL2 Neck Talisman

Appetite for Destruction
------------------------
Given by:  Sandy "Moose" Jansen
Reward: QL2 Finger Talisman

A Sacred Place
--------------
Given by:  Henry Hawthorne
Reward: QL2 Waist Talisman

Death, and the Instruments Thereof
----------------------------------
Given by:  Sandy "Moose" Jansen
Reward: QL2 Occult Talisman

QL3

ATC
---
Mission Type: Main (Sabotage)
Starting Coords: 435, 670
Given by:  Danny Dufresne 
Reward: QL3 Weapon

Black Helicopters
----------
Starting Coords:  380,980 
Given by:  Ann Radcliffe 
Reward: QL3 Head Talisman

Runaway Lights
--------------
Starting Coords:  896, 705 
Given by:  Ellis Hill 
Reward: QL3 Finger Talisman

What the Tide Brought In
------------------------
Starting Coords:  293,975 
Given by:  Broken Orochi canister
Reward: QL3 Wrist Talisman

Evolution of the Species
------------------------
Given by:  Harrison Blake
Reward: QL3 Luck Talisman

Hulk Smash
----------
Given by:  Ann Radcliffe 
Reward: QL3 Occult Talisman

Full Metal Golem
----------------
Starting Coords:  621,671 
Given by:  Scrapyard Edgar
Reward: QL3 Waist Talisman

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Vanderdeath posted:

I just picked this up and I have no idea where the option for subtitles is. It's driving me batty.

Unintuitively, Interface Options -> HUD -> Show Subtitles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Did all you cool kids get your Secret World Steam Trading Cards yet?

• Locked thread