Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
face is the worst thought invention of the ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

The Great Autismo! posted:

I believe it to be the worst cultural thing I've come across in pretty much any culture or country I've read about or visited. Like it is just so horrifically bad

I want to kick it's rear end using chiense kung fu!

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
As much poo poo talk about China goes around, it CAN be very fun. If you have the right attitude and personality it can be awesome. I've been ground down over years in HK, though. I'll happily admit I wouldn't last more than a year in China.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Spectacular. I've really become more discriminatory since living abroad. Wonderful.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Lol the rest of the droopy dog guy's videos are about his weed plants

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Best chinese food are those red ribs at the buffet

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

here we are

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Can't wait fo rmy United flight tomorrow.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Right, this is actually A Thing Now. It wasn't like this when you left for China in 2008, was it? It certainly wasn't when I left in 2009.

We hired a girl from USA in 2015 and she came with a dude from USA, and we were talking one day after work and I said someone came to the office, it was this lady that was just insufferable, and the guy was like "Who is she?" and I was like "I don't know but she is a huge bitch" and then the next day the guy was like "you can't call a lady a huge bitch, the girl was really offended and shocked you would use such a patriarchal word in the office" and I asked him "what should I call someone who is acting like a huge bitch" and he said "maybe just say she is being rude, and don't use such a gender imbalanced word" or something like that and I was kinda like "naw we're in china we're not going to do this type of poo poo"

Neither of them lasted more than a year in China.

I only supervise one other American now and he is far less PC than I am and is a really good kid so I don't have to put up with this poo poo, thank God

I posted about This Very Thing when I was back last summer and flying from Boston to Seattle and the lady in the seat next to me was having an absolute meltdown, I mean she was going nuclear, about having to check one of her carry-on bags. I couldn't believe it. She spent drat near 30 minutes on Yelp or whatever that site is complaining about the airlines. She would not shut up about how pissed off she was, I was trying to read a book and it's kinda like "Hey you're sitting in a chair in the sky and in less five hours you'll be on the other side of the continent. Have a drink and watch a little TV for free in front of you and calm the gently caress down" Everyone is offended as all hell now in USA, talk to any of your friends or old co-workers in back in USA. It's happening most on college campuses but also in major cities. My buddy in Chicago says it's gotten really bad in the past year or two.

The past few years sociologists have been studying how the United States especially is quickly transforming to a victimhood culture. It is most definitely a thing now.

this is such a pirveleged rant lol

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

It's hard for me to take anyone seriously who only mentions "privilege" when talking about a wall of text. It is so embarrassingly and intellectually lazy and doesn't actually bring up a single point. The majority of the talking points I brought up were made before by a Lebanese immigrant in Canada who fled Lebanon during the Lebanese Civil War. You should shoot Gad Saad a tweet and tell him his viewpoints reek of privilege. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you.

you do realize it was me who posted that right?

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
i have unpopular opininos and piggyback on others so they take the blam instead of me lol

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Love it or leave it lauwai

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

infinite jest lol

it's a good book that became a meme

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Personally, my source of tea is the local supermarket. They've got shelves of the stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

ladron posted:

I only drink that poo poo that's picked by virgins with big tits who don't touch it with their hands

I'll be happy to send you some next time I head out to the tea fields to pick some leaves, pal.