Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Maybe it's just me, but I am more interested in a variety of vehicles rather than just a bunch of exotic sports cars. Where are all the cranes and fire trucks and poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Phy posted:

Inferno mold? The last crane before that became synonymous with shelfwarming. Which reminds me, I gotta start unpacking so I can get Hot Spot out.

I mean in the movie.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
The MP Acid Storm looks awesome. Wish I hadn't got Thundercracker now.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I didn't realize it was so highly regarded. I have a yellow one that I couldn't care less about.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Gammatron 64 posted:

You know, in many things, Cullen might have the leeway to be considered a creative collaborator... but Michael Bay treats his voice actors like they're special effects to add into post production. He doesn't even talk to them. Michael Bay, the director, does not direct them at all, whatsoever. I mean, that kind of shows how important they are to him.

Some bigger name actors might walk out, but Peter Cullen is not a big name actor and has to get a paycheck somehow and not sabotage his career. He's not like a Brad Pitt who could do something like that and still get work in Hollywood.

Well, he's also 71 years old. If Peter Cullen is taking these jobs because he needs a paycheck and not simply because he enjoys the work, then he probably has bigger problems in his life than Optimus Prime's characterization.

Edit: Re-reading this, I'm not exactly sure what my point was except that if Cullen was going to argue against the way Optimus Prime has been portrayed, he probably would have done so already.

revtoiletduck fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 9, 2013

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
So she's definitely an Autobot? And does a decent Slipstream toy exist?

I still think jets are cool.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Sentinel Red posted:

The scary part is that bloody Armada Prime is apparently second in the poll at present..!

A Masterpiece that can combine with his trailer would be kind of interesting, even if Armada was poo poo.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

WendigoJohnson posted:

That Ultra Magnus look pretty decent, but it's 50 bucks. BBTS says it's a shared exclusive, but who are they sharing it with, is it amazon? I would probably get it if it was 30 or something, but being you can still get Omega Supreme and Optimus Prime I take the Platinum series won't sell out that quickly.

I saw it in Toys R Us last week for $70-80 CAD.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Endless Mike posted:

TeeFury has a couple Tarnsformers, uh, "inspired" t-shirts today.

http://www.teefury.com

I like the Grimlock. The other one is kind of weird.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Does anybody happen to have a Masterpiece Thundercracker for sale? It's the one seeker I missed and the eBay price is already creeping past $100. How much was it at retail?

I'd be tempting to just straight-up swap mine for an Acid Storm, depending on the cost of shipping.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

therealjon_ posted:

I think he just looks cool as gently caress and MMC makes great bots.

Agreed. I didn't even know that character existed, but he's pretty cool looking.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Blackheart posted:

Everybody except Keldroc take a look at this:

Who wants more Bruticus

Where did those guys even pop out from?

All three modes look great, but also looks like it'll be friggin' gigantic and, thus, expensive.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
He looks good, but I still don't like gun-formers.

Maybe if he fits in the hand of that giant fuckin' Bruticus from earlier.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Wait there's four Predakings now?!

Okay I just had a great idea. What if all the different companies making Predakings were talking to each other and designing with each other, and then another company joins in? All five Predakings can combine, each one becoming a limb, with the biggest becoming the body.
Predemperor. :getin:

Well if that's not worth like $2000, I don't know what is.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Gammatron 64 posted:

I was about to say that it looked A LOT like Tracks, down to the red face and shoulder wings. He looks too much like a G1 transformer to be in the movie. Movie Tracks would be a bulldozer that's a lazy Mexican stereotype and has diarrhea because he eats too many burritos.

And the movie would make literally one billion dollars.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Blackheart posted:

From what I've seen the general consensus is the opposite, actually.

But yeah both are great toys and people like to make up silly arguments against the one they didn't pick. You're right, just pick the one you like more and go with it, can't go wrong there.

Isn't one of them like $200 more than the other? If the quality of each product is comparable, then price seems like a good way to make a decision.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

MB13 posted:

MP22 is going to be Ultra Magnus "Perfect Edition". Based on the MP10 mold, it will come with his trailer and be able to combine with it.

:stare:

Yeah, I might have to pick that one up.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Prawn Salad posted:

Or we could have more pot brownies and dogs humping while a Victoria's Secret model stands around going like this

:wink:
:wmwink:

I mean, either one works, really.

This one yields like a billion dollars and the other one probably won't, so... :(

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Keldroc posted:

itshappening.gif

I cannot properly express how glad I am to see this trend developing.

The rat ears are really bothering me, but otherwise it's excellent. It even looks like there's a spot for bombs in his forearms!

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

S-Alpha posted:

Okay, that's helpful. The main reason why I'm interested in that Hyper Novae is I like its bulky design, with big old wings apparently ripped straight out of Armored Core 4

Yeah, I am a sucker for robots with wings like that for some reason. I have no attachment to Nova Prime or Predaking (as recently discussed), but I think they both look fuckin' awesome.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Endless Mike posted:

The Transformers I was raised on required two or three flips to get from car to robot and had little articulation beyond moving arms around.

Same, and I still managed to break some of them.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Timby posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo, is Bay seriously going to kill Optimus in the second and fourth movies?

Maybe just enough damage/repair to justify the new alt form?

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

The_Doctor posted:

Someone edited together the best bits of the Bay films:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtu62Gklgso

What I am getting from this is that every time Starscream transforms, he does something awesome.

revtoiletduck fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 3, 2014

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Gammatron 64 posted:

When you're a kid having mock battles, the last thing you want to do is spend 30 minutes transforming a dude. Hell, I would spend 2 minutes transforming a guy and I'd think "that's a lot longer than it takes in the show."

I can only make the transforming noise with my mouth for so long before needing to take a breath!

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Gammatron 64 posted:

This is something we used to do as kids. :3:

I would think that everyone in this thread has done it at one point or another.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Why cookie Rocket posted:

What in the world did my buddy pick up for me at the local goodwill?

Get yourself a Thunder Megazord and combine that poo poo!

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

That really is a huge improvement. Hard to say if it's really worth like $150 after shipping and stuff, though.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I like Devastator's legs. Construction vehicles transformed into legs.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Peaugh apparently got a Citizen Stack and has been tweeting pictures. It's as tall as Hercules.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
The idea of Masterpiece Devastator gives me a boner.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Blackheart posted:

Beats me, and he's also apparently man-made. (Using Megatron's corpse perhaps?)

That kinda makes sense, since Megatron was a truck-former when he was murdered.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I didn't like G1 Bumblebee either.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

The Taint Reaper posted:

So I hope you all were not expecting the AOE Generations Lockdown toy to be good.

Because if you were you better sit down...

No hook hand it seems or the ability to get the green facemask. It looks almost like Barricade with very broad shoulders. The most moviest of AOE movie figures.

On the other hand, Strafe looks pretty cool.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Any word on whether Rise of the Dark Spark will be any good? I am expecting it to be closer to the Dark of the Moon game than either Cybertron game.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Did he always have a red bumper? It is really distracting me.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Keldroc posted:

Superman punching the head off of Lex Luthor

I get what you're saying, but this would be awesome.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
As a fighter jet nerd, the aerial bots alt modes are bothering me, but both teams do look like a huge step up from the FoC combaticons.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Ka0 posted:

5% off looooooooooool.

$30 is nothing to sneeze at!

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Scramble city is dumb and I hate it.

I would rather a dude be an excellent arm, than a good-enough arm and a mediocre leg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Which Devastator is that, Giant?