Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

pubic works project posted:

Are we not supposed to like him?

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Pat_Lee#Criticism_and_controversy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

The_Doctor posted:

In a couple of weeks, I go back to the US for the first time since Chicago last year, so I'm intrigued what it's going to be like in Louisiana. Semisonic dude, any joy lately?

I don't really hunt anymore, just stick to Masterpieces. But I do poke my head in to the toy aisles every now and then. All I've seen lately are those blind boxed guys that you pull a little tab on the head to transform and seas of Ravages and Laserbeaks. My local comic shop has like 6 deluxe Grooves.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
So, any place still has MP-36 in stock?

the guy from Semisonic fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 11, 2017

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Other than the first one, I can't remember which movie is which. It's like I have memories of random scenes but no clue as to which movie they belong to. I still don't know what happened in #3. Which one had Devastator's balls? Was that the one with Leonard Nimoy?

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I just watched TF5. Jesus Christ, I don't even know what to say.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Now that the nausea has subsided, I have some questions/thoughts about TF5. Mild spoilers, I guess.

Where did the lil' Dinobots come from?

Why was that girl introduced, when she doesn't do anything in the movie?

Where did Barricade go?

And if he was trying to hide out in the quarantined city, why was he driving around with his lights and sirens on all of the time?

When Marky Mark and the chick got into the submarine, the army guy says "They're in a Transformer", but there's no indication that it is a transformer.

Why is Galvatron now Megatron again?

Why did they waste time doing the Suicide Squad introductions of the Decepticons, just to kill them all off in the next scene?

If I took a drink every time Optimus says "I am Optimus Prime" or some variation of it, I'd be dead before the movie ended.

Holy poo poo, they called the Native American guy "Chief."

Bumblebee rips out his Siri voicebox after he gets it, then speaks like a radio throughout the movie. Until Optimus is about to kill him, he suddenly has his voice back. Then it goes away again. And then it comes back again.

Why was Optimus floating in space? Did he launch him self up into the sky at the end of the last one forgetting that he needs a ship to travel through space?

Why was the aspect ratio bouncing around from shot to shot?

Goddamn my head hurts again.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

pubic works project posted:

Saw this today. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hasbro-Tran...%3D263090638800

Kinda curious if he's fixable. Would it be a pain in the rear end to do?

That's the first MP Rodimus. It's a piece of poo poo. I wouldn't bother.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This has been me lately:

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Is the BotBots art by the guy who did Lil' Formers? Looks similar.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I just know that thing will end up on r/cummingonfigurines

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This is kind of a long shot, but does anyone know of some 3D printer files for the little pilot figure that comes with the Masterpiece Seekers? One of mine is missing.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DoctorWhat posted:

do you live in the continental us because i think i still have one and i'll just mail it to you.

PM sent!

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Apparently some website called The NTWRK had the Ghostbusters/MP Optimus up for sale briefly and it sold out in about a minute.

So I'm putting this out there: if anyone here is able to snag one, I'll pay the price plus any applicable taxes and shipping fees plus an additional $50 for your troubles if you're able to get one for me.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DisposableHero posted:

That's not what they mean by dick sucking. But maybe it could in the near future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2EMGmv0FqM

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Well, looks like we're getting a Unicron. The campaign just passed 8000 backers.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
My LCBS told me that they're down to ordering enough issues to just fill subs on the new series. And that's only about 5 people.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Burkion posted:

How tall is Trypticon in universe

It'd be great to have Godzilla and him square off

Courtesy of Nick Roche's Twitter:

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DisposableHero posted:

Have they ever done a revision within the Masterpiece line that addressed issues in a later run of the same figure? I like hound but the reports make me pretty gun shy. Masterpiece is starting to feel more like a statue you just put on the shelf than something you'd want to transform.

MP-09 was later reissued with fixes for his exploding knee problem.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Arquinsiel posted:

I ain't gonna figure this out solo, please tell.

IIRC, it was a cost-saving move when they released the toy. He was all black with no paint decos. Just a solid black lump.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Re: The Flametoys Windblade being cancelled:

http://imgur.com/a/CweGNtr

Yikes

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This thread is the only place I go for TF news anymore. I can't stand anywhere else. I used to be really active in previous iterations of this thread, but rarely post anymore just due to my current busy life. Everyone here is so levelheaded and genuinely nice that the thought of losing out on this little community has had me stressed out for the past couple of days. Hopefully the new ownership deal goes through and we can keep this thing rolling for years to come.

Moving on, I'm really looking forward to that BTTF figure. I loved Ectotron and want to see what that Top Gun jet guy looks like better. I hope we see a Blues Brothers figure in the future.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Phy posted:

Is mineral oil generally ok to use as a lubricant for plastic joints? Shoulder on my Peru Kill (movie Lockdown) is gettin real stiff and creaky.

E: I also have 3-in-1, PB Blaster, white grease, various motor oils, canola and olive oils lol. I remember reading that FT Sheridan used a silicone-based lube in spots but that's the one thing I don't have on hand.

Mineral oil will gunk up and get sticky over time. Silicone based lubricant would be best. A little goes a long way.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Rhyno posted:

Adventures in selling toys.

What the actual gently caress?

I had a problem mailman that would scan all of the packages on his route as "delivered" as soon as he parked his van on the street. He would even fake signatures for deliveries. It took having most of the neighborhood reporting him just to get him "reassigned" to a new route. He should have been fired.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

drrockso20 posted:

So was he stealing them or just being a lazy gently caress?

Just being a lazy gently caress. He would sign for packages with the name of the addressee, and take an "early lunch" (read: go home early) and then actually deliver the package a few days later. That was how he got caught. Someone had a package addressed to their home business and the mailman didn't pay attention very well and signed the name of the business instead of a person's name.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Just got an email from Target that Ultimate X-Spanse has shipped.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This is a weird one: https://tformers.com/transformers-collaborative-j-balvintron-ntwrk-exclusive-yellow-soundwave-tapes/42039/news.html

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Dawgstar posted:

He was the only Grimlock a lot of kids I knew had.

He was the only one I had until G2 came out. The one I had didn't come with the pretender shell, neither did my Bumblebee, Starscream and Jazz. Looking into it now, they were K-Mart exclusives.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Open Marriage Night posted:

Either that or you got them from flea markets and garage sales like I got most of my Transformers. Being born in 85’, by the time 89’-90’ rolled around, I was swimming in second hand Transformers.

Nah, I remember opening them at Christmas.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Don't know if anyone's seen the new Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, but Go-Bots exist in the MCU.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Here it is

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Open Marriage Night posted:

That Void Rivals book had a pretty cliche plot, but it was handled well enough. The creative teams for the upcoming books look good too.

Yeah, mild spoilers, I guess: it's basically Enemy Mine: the Comic, story-wise. I kept wondering how it was going to tie in to Transformers and then Jetfire shows up for, like 4 panels and then Poochies out of there. Made me laugh. Overall, I was whelmed. I am looking forward to the regular TF ongoing.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Red is the color of violence, frenzy is a violent state of being. Blue is the color of calm, a soothing massage chair could be said to rumble. My logic is flawless.

Nodosaur posted:

Hirofumi Ichikawa did a doujinshi

Gesundheit

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Xenomrph posted:

Pulse has the Missing Link Optimus up for order. Both the with-trailer and without-trailer versions are the same price, that can’t be right, can it?

Edit— looks like they fixed it

How difficult is it to change the address on a preorder through Pulse? I might be moving between now and when it releases.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That is absolutely Jetfire flying at the Ark there in the last panel or I may or may not eat a delicious hat made of fruit or candy.

I was thinking it was the Sky Spy satellite launching.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This is new one to me, never heard of this happening before: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/fans-reporting-fungal-growth-on-amazon-exclusive-nacelle-figure/47875/

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Droyer posted:

There is (or is gonna be, not sure on the timeline here) a comic about those guys written by Simon Furman.

Was! :eng101:

There were 5 issues, the final one came out mid-September-ish. I haven't got around to reading them yet, but the art looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Droyer posted:

Movie version Gridman toy: https://imgur.com/a/mMFUifJ

This is relevant to my interests. I had no idea that he lit up.

I have the Good Smile Full Powered Gridman and he's pretty great. Looks good along side my original SSSS Synchro.