Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

If I could have one superpower it would be the ability to put the Lucas Curse on any other vehicle, punishing people who are dicks in traffic by giving their vehicle electrical gremlins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/tabid/59/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/867/Project-Honda-Ruckus-Part-One.aspx :getin:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Jesus tapdancing christ, can't you loving cagers stay off facebook or stop texting for five goddamn minutes? :mad:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

ArbitraryTA posted:

You think that's bad? I know dudes with tank mounted tablet holders.

Think about that for a moment.
Hopefully they only use it for navigation.

And on the topic of navigation, apparently the latest version of Google Maps has a "shake to send feedback" feature, which means any time you go over a bump or a rough patch of road the navigation will stop and pop up a "Would you like to send feedback?" dialog. Fortunately after you dismiss it for the second time it asks if you want to disable the feature.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Wootcannon posted:

Your desperation to get the last word in every time, like a 16 year-old on a work night out, is pathetic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m34GUn0QqA

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTRYm_peqGA

His neighbours must love him.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Drifter posted:

gently caress all ya'll. I'm gonna ride Bruce and you're just going to have to deal with it. :colbert:

Meet Bruce. This is how I imagine I look to everyone else when I ride my bike. Get on the highway I spank it into third gear, and then jerk it into fourth. Unstoppable.

A real Badass. :911::respek::smug:
Haha, I haven't seen that video in years. Still amazing.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

They're just pissy because they had to look up from their phone.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Makes me glad lowbeams are mandatory regardless of time of day here. Even in full daylight a vehicle is more visible with its lights on.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

fingerling posted:

double demerit point weekend
They totally dropped the ball by not naming it "unhappy hour".

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

You know what's worse than quitting cigarettes? Quitting wasting all of your time on the internet.
Compulsive Forum Readers Anonymous.

They would have an online forum.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

What did he find and how horribly is he going to die from it?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Oh I thought it was a quote from the hipster tool site. :downs: I didn't bother reading all of that site because by the fourth paragraph my brain was about ready to pack its bags and jump ship.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Re: the latest video you posted, why do these videos always open with a stupid slow-motion shot that looks like poo poo because they don't actually have a high-speed camera but just lower the frame rate on their 25fps video?

For a subculture that prides itself on being different above all, hipsters really don't have any original ideas. Taking something good and intentionally making it look/feel/perform like poo poo isn't original.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

ReelBigLizard posted:

I loving hate computers, I'm just too drat good at them. I'd be a blacksmith if it paid.
:smith: You and me buddy. I'd love to do something more physical, but I don't know anything else that would pay nearly as well as being a sysadmin does.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

TheCoconutman posted:

Guess they don't have the aptitude masochistic streak for British bikes.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

I want to drag this dead horse back to say that wet shaving is loving awesome, then again most of my equipment is modern and I'm don't have unkempt nor am I fat. :shrug:
I too shave with a straight razor (Ok I cheat and use a shavette but still) but without any hipster ambitions to it. I just have such modest facial hair growth that I can get away with shaving once a week, and when I do I might as well do it in the most comfortable way.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Nidhg00670000 posted:

You can't be sad on a snowmobile.
Except if you live in Stockholm and get no snow ever. :(

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Slavvy posted:

;-* Should you be riding that??
Is this the same woman as before?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Slavvy posted:

I'm trying to get my citizenship in order to get a passport and I've just gotten a letter from immigration telling me that the number of demerit points on my license indicate I have a disregard for traffic laws and 'may' indicate that I don't qualify as 'a person of good character' and that the bureau 'may' compile a report outlining this and present it to the minister, who will then decide whether or not to reject my application in order to 'give me sufficient time to demonstrate good character traits'. This would mean I lose the $450 application fee.
:stare:

And I thought Sweden was a nanny state.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I had a coworker who spent a stupid amount of money on replacing all the steel fasteners on his bicycle with high-grade aluminium or titanium or whatever to shave something like 50 grams total. I reminded him that he'd save more weight just by taking a poo poo every morning.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Mar 7, 2014

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I just use the city rental bikes for my commute in summer since it's like 10 minutes by bicycle, mostly downhill in the morning. Costs like $35 for unlimited rental all summer, pick up and leave at any automated station, and I have a station pretty close to where I live and one just outside work.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Unsurprisingly, this is from Top Gear. The video has him hearing "Cut the green one! The green one!" over the radio.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Nidhg00670000 posted:

What is this "savings" you talk about?
Paying off your mortage counts as saving, right? :ohdear:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

slidebite posted:

e: That license holder contraption is crying for a tasteful replacement though, jesus christ :psypop:
All modern bikes have retarded plate holders like that. I assume there's laws in some countries about the license plate having to be behind the rear wheel or something. It's the first thing any new owner removes.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Also, today I got pulled over by a cop. I was on a road marked 80km/h and had just gone through a corner with a recommended speed of 65. I was well aware of him being behind me and I made an effort to go extra slowly and ride slightly under the limit. This is how it went:
You were leaned over, so you were obviously racing.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Amazing

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I wish I had a reason to ride more. I live too close to work for it to be worthwhile to commute on the bike, so I don't ride during weekdays unless I have to be somewhere after work (that doesn't involve alcohol).

I'm a weekend warrior. :(

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I got stuck behind some rear end today who decided he had to sit with his wheels 5 cm from the curb so I couldn't filter past him. I got frustrated and said gently caress it, moved to the left and rode in the bus lane past the entire line of cars.. Halfway past I see a police car in the opposite lane.

They didn't stop me and I'm pretty sure they don't care about a motorcycle using the bus lane to filter past as long as I'm blocking the buses, but I felt like an rear end anyway. We'll see if I get a ticket in the mail in the next couple of days.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The road has a center divider that stretches for 2 blocks so they couldn't really turn around even if they wanted to.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Ozmiander posted:

Remember to check that your spring loaded kick stand is down all the way before you hop off the bike.
This is why my bike has some decorative scratches on the clutch cover and I bow make sure it's safely standing before I let go.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The universal comeback is "And what do you ride?", 9 times out of 10 they don't even have a bike.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Frosty- posted:

He just forgot to put the kickstand down and gently laid his bike on the garage floor. Nobody does that.
My bike has a few dings on the clutch cover and a small chip in the fairing because the PO did exactly this. So it happens.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Day Man posted:

The roads in America are on average much much wider than the ones I experienced overseas.
It's because americans are on average much much wider than people overseas. :haw:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

That really sucks. I guess the old idiom "when it rains it pours" holds true.

I've lost my phone once and have become paranoid about forgetting stuff since then, so I habitually check my pockets all the time to make sure my phone, wallet and keys are still where they should be.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Who the hell puts a speed bump at the exit of a roundabout when there's no pedestrian crossing? Traffic engineers :argh:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

My garage closed the washing pad citing "environmental regulations". Bullshit, they just wanted to rent it out as a parking spot. :mad:

Parking is at a premium here and a car spot in my garage runs you about $350 a month, which is still on the cheaper end of the scale for inner city garages.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jul 30, 2014

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Then you can say you were buying lovely café bikes and turning them into comfortable tourers before it was cool.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Chichevache posted:

short as hell so it doesn't get messed up by the helmet
Buzz cut 4 lyfe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Angryboot posted:

That's just sad.

Then again my boss is kinda like that too. "I went riding a couple of weekends ago and it was F-F-R-R-EEEEZZING and I'm not gonna ride again until summer". Freezing as in 50 degrees.
10c is summer temperatures. :sweden: