JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Volmarias posted:

Also, I'd love to know what the next guy who discovers those pentium 2s thinks.

Haunted desktops!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
A complaint came in! Guys, what's the most tactful way for me to phrase this?

quote:

Dear client,
The part when you continued to complain after my apology and suggested steps for remediation was the exact point where I stopped caring about the whole issue.

Toodles,
JohnnyC, Team Lead of Support

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Stupid things I've done?

Set up automatic ticket creation via email without accounting for Out-Of-Office/Automatic replies.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

OwlFancier posted:

Has it ever failed with you around?

Because if not, he's unplugging it and claiming there's something wrong with the room because he wants to move rooms?

Alternatively: His desk setup is making him kick the wire.

Check to make sure in device settings that the USB root hub has the following setting unchecked:

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I know I'm late to the party, but really, guys:

Buffonelo

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

quote:

Dear client,

You need to verify your log file. This file should give you enough information to find why the import is failing. I have seen this behaviour before, and generally it occurs due to incorrect formatting in your spreadsheet.

quote:

Hi Johnny,

PFA the log file, we don’t find any error.

Regards,

*opens log file*

quote:

ERROR 15-10 02:30:05,921 - Check for Error Results - Source folder/file [C:\Windows\system32\${JOBDIR}] can not be found!
INFO 15-10 02:30:07,518 - System_Setup - Job execution finished
INFO 15-10 02:31:01,127 - RepositoriesMeta - Reading repositories information from UDM:Config
INFO 15-10 02:31:01,257 - Support_Group - Start of job execution
ERROR 15-10 02:31:03,611 - CTM_LoadSupportGroup - No file(s) specified! Stop processing.
ERROR 15-10 02:31:03,611 - CTM_LoadSupportGroup - Error initializing step [CTM_LoadSupportGroup]
ERROR 15-10 02:31:03,612 - CTM_LoadSupportGroupAlias - No file(s) specified! Stop processing.
ERROR 15-10 02:31:03,612 - CTM_LoadSupportGroupAlias - Error initializing step [CTM_LoadSupportGroupAlias]
ERROR 15-10 02:31:03,612 - CTM_LoadSGPOnCall - No file(s) specified! Stop processing.
ERROR 15-10 02:31:03,612 - CTM_LoadSGPOnCall - Error initializing step [CTM_LoadSGPOnCall]
ERROR 15-10 02:31:03,613 - CFG_LoadBusinessTimeWorkdays - No file(s) specified! Stop processing.
ERROR 15-10 02:31:03,613 - CFG_LoadBusinessTimeWorkdays - Error initializing step [CFG_LoadBusinessTimeWorkdays]
ERROR 15-10 02:31:03,613 - CTM_LoadSGPAssignments - No file(s) specified! Stop processing.
ERROR 15-10 02:31:03,613 - CTM_LoadSGPAssignments - Error initializing step [CTM_LoadSGPAssignments]
ERROR 15-10 02:31:03,616 - CFG_LoadBusinessTimeHolidays - No file(s) specified! Stop processing.
ERROR 15-10 02:31:03,616 - CFG_LoadBusinessTimeHolidays - Error initializing step [CFG_LoadBusinessTimeHolidays]
ERROR 15-10 02:34:23,907 - Support_Group - Step [CTM_LoadSupportGroup.0] failed to initialize!
ERROR 15-10 02:34:23,907 - Support_Group - Step [CTM_LoadSupportGroupAlias.0] failed to initialize!
ERROR 15-10 02:34:23,907 - Support_Group - Step [CTM_LoadSGPOnCall.0] failed to initialize!
ERROR 15-10 02:34:23,908 - Support_Group - Step [CTM_LoadSGPAssignments.0] failed to initialize!
ERROR 15-10 02:34:23,908 - Support_Group - Step [CFG_LoadBusinessTimeHolidays.0] failed to initialize!
ERROR 15-10 02:34:23,908 - Support_Group - Step [CFG_LoadBusinessTimeWorkdays.0] failed to initialize!
ERROR 15-10 02:34:23,915 - Support_Group - Error preparing the transformation
ERROR 15-10 02:34:23,915 - Support_Group - fakeservername.exception.KettleException:
We failed to initialize at least one step. Execution can not begin!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I quite like Trillian.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Khisanth Magus posted:

I used to really like trillian. It really sucks these days though.

I dunno. As a cross-platform unified messaging service where I can start a conversation on one device and continue it on another (i.e. start chatting on my laptop and then move seamlessly to my smartphone) It's pretty handy. Also the fact that it unifies all my notifications for my social media accounts and my email accounts is pretty great. It doesn't consume a lot of resources and the crazy skin stuff is gone. I bought a lifetime Pro account a few years ago and don't regret it at all.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Inspector_666 posted:

I still have Pidgin auto-launching on startup at home. Facebook chat stopped working with it though, so I am finding less and less of a reason to bother.

Also, the floor of the NYSE is soundtracked by AIM chat pings.

...Facebook chat works with Trillian!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Wilford Cutlery posted:

A ticket came in: Outlook is crashing

An employee sent out a company-wide email, a newsletter with graphics in it. Shortly after, we started getting calls from all over reporting that Outlook was crashing.

We determined that the message was causing Outlook to crash. I applied Windows & Office (2013) updates to one user's computer, rebooted, same issue.

Had all affected people delete the message either in Outlook (Safe Mode), or OWA, or on their smartphones. Outlook worked normally after that.

Now, to find why it only affected some people and not (for example) me.

Lynxifer posted:

You might want to check out if you've installed KB3097877, apparently this is causing the issue you've outlined

go3 posted:

Yeah this is exactly it.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Thanks! Looks like a strong case for the culprit.

Thanks, all. You saved us probably an hour of busywork this morning!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Apparently Microsoft pushed out a new version of that KB late last night to fix their first mess. Haven't had time to test it out yet but it should be fixed now.

I tested at 9 this morning EST and it was still causing issues.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free