Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

PicklesMcGillicuddy posted:

I already preordered elsewhere, but it's all good. If it's half as fun as SRTT I'd happily drop $100 on it.

Console version for full price and pc version for 40 = $100 right here. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Oh dang, Kotaku posted an awesome hidden easter egg weapon you can find at Let's Pretend.

I kinda don't wanna link it to spoil anybody but anybody that REALLY wants to see it it's easy to find on the front page.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Zaa Boogie posted:

Oh dang, Kotaku posted an awesome hidden easter egg weapon you can find at Let's Pretend.

I kinda don't wanna link it to spoil anybody but anybody that REALLY wants to see it it's easy to find on the front page.

Correction, Gamefront actually found it.

http://www.gamefront.com/saints-row-4-secret-developer-room-easter-egg/

WATCH IT IF YOU DARE.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Clitch posted:

Does Greenmangaming usually just send you the key at release, or do they get some lead time for pre-loading?

I'm wondering this myself. Though I've been having issues checking out at Greenman today.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, by the way, I'm having trouble with the community site, and its functions inside of SR3 and the Inauguration Station (which is now not crashing for some reason). It says "found an account associated with your steam account", which is expected, and I put in my password which is documented from last time and...nothing. I ask for a password email and never got it. Any ideas?

edit: also it won't let me change that username, for the purpose of starting a new account, not inside the game anyway. Any idea where that info is stored?

"If you run into account problems on our website or Inauguration Station: send your username/registered email to saintaccount@deepsilver.com"

I did that and they got me sorted pretty quick.

Come oooooon, Green Man Gaming. I want my code so I can preload!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Come on, GreenManGaming, I wanna preload this game already!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

Does anyone know if Greenmangaming is going to put out the key for the game or do I have to wait until midday tomorrow?

Check your e-mail. My key wasn't on my account but they e-mailed it to me already.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

I suppose I could post this on IdolNinja's forums but I'm putting out feelers if anyone else knows whether this is possible/is annoying anyone else.

The fact that the jumping isn't more prototype-like is pretty infuriating. I usually adapt to things I don't like jumpwise no matter how much I hate it at first (the jump delay in Mercenary Kings is a prime example) but the fact that you have to hold down before you jump to determine height rather than jumping on button press and having height be press-length dependent is pretty game-destroying for me. I'm not being overly dramatic, either. I just can't deal with how unresponsive and clunky it feels when you want to jump while turning or changing direction and it feels so wrong. I shouldn't have to plan a high jump in advance-- I should be able to jump as high as needed at will. Is this something that could be modded down the line or would that be impossible? Is it bothering anyone else? I know I'm being THAT GUY but for an action game this just seems like pretty poor input design in an otherwise flawless game.

What are you talking about? Prototype jumping *was* hold down before you jump to determine height. They took it straight from Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Enzer posted:

Supposedly the console versions are hampered from ancient hardware, lot of reviews said that the game stutters and you get visual tearing when there is a lot going on/you are going really loving fast (which is very easy to do).

Giant Bomb dudes said races were unplayable on 360 version and I'm rocking them fine. :colbert:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Hmm, is there only a certain Friendly Fire where the sniper rifle is available? Cause it was available to purchase before, I'm further along now and it doesn't seem to be anymore. So I'm trying to figure out if I have to go to an exact store

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Redjakk posted:

I pre-ordered this game last week from Green Man because I've usually had good service. Not this time though.

Instead of a key for SRIV in My Games section all I have is this message:

I have a ticket open with support and it keeps getting closed by a different support person every 6-8 hours with a messages that alternate between "You can find your key in the My Account section" and "The key should now by added to your account." Still don't have the key.

Check the e-mail you have registered with your account. Mine says the same thing but they e-mailed it to me the day before.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

So has anybody else had the sniper rifle disappear from Friendly FIre?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Okay, figured out what was going on with the weapons deal.

It was the title update. It made any weapons I hadn't bought yet disappear from Friendly Fire. Clearing the cache and
going back into the game fixed it so I could buy them and then update it again.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Hahaha, the Playboy Shaundi picture is in the 3rd Street Church when you do Ben King's rescue mission.

Volition, you is all sorts of hilarity.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

OMGOMGOMG

Saints of Rage! This is so loving awesome. Somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me if I can play this after!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

polish sausage posted:

haha i've been listening to this song on repeat just now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-QpVhGXs0k

That's the song that plays for the second track which is also the same one as the Pop Star skin.

But I'm still wondering what it's playing the first time you get it.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

PoopinClumpin posted:

Here:

Just to help you out. Also, I like the Pop Star one.

Right, those are the songs the skins use.

But the song that plays on the Dubstep gun first in that mission was a completely new one for me.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

gibbed posted:

Bradygames Pack is a bonus for buying the Bradygames Strategy Guide for the game.

I was wondering if there was a strategy guide this go around!

But, seriously, that's it? The stuff you got with the guide for the Third was better. Unless it shoots kittens or rainbows then pass.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Hmm. Just a warning to ya'll. I snagged the Grass Roots pack and that issue that seems to be happening with the last Steam update with multiple weapons and such started showing up.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Man, people keep harping on male voice 2 but y'know what?

That voice IS the voice of the boss for me. I've been rocking it since the first game with the same character. It's been
really nice to have that consistency throughout the series. And he's not even a black dude!

So if I'm the only one to do it then let me say thank you, Kenn Michael, for your good work.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

So, I'm guessing you guys never got the collectible finder in The Third, either? :v:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

If you aren't using the maxed out Robocop SMGs with an ice buff on Wardens... I dunno. Why wouldn't you want to do that?

Because you can fire off ice blast while holding down the trigger for the Dubstep gun so it doesn't have to go through the windup after throwing it. :colbert:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

You are indeed correct, sir!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

So I just played the Enter the Dominatrix DLC. (Or ETD as Zinyak likes to call it)

That poo poo was *hilarious*. I'm totally stoked for the XMas DLC.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

So when is How the Saints Save X-Mas available? Because I'm past the part all the other DLC unlocks and I'm not seeing it show up.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

Considering promo details discuss how Zinyak was the only thing protecting the galaxy from evil Santa, I'd imagine you have to beat the game first.

Yeah, whatever, I just spoiled that you kill Zinyak at the end of the game. Shock.

Hmm. I suppose that makes sense. drat, I don't have it on 360 anymore as I was gonna play it on PC after I got it there but I haven't beaten it yet. WELP TIME TO GET TO IT

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

So Gat out of the Hell isn't just a redone Steelport after all. I'm more impressed, haha.

Also I came in with Saints Row 1 and have used the same voice across all 4 game. OG, bitches. :v:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Yeah, they've said it's 50% the size of Steelport but built more vertically for superpowers and FLYING.

Man, this isn't coming out until January.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

http://volition.tumblr.com/post/97139708881/ask-volition-about-saints-row-gat-out-of-hell

So it looks like Gat out of Hell is going to pull in your latest save file from SR4 to have your boss.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

IdolNinja posted:

But only in the cutscenes. You only play as Gat or Kinzie.

Oh, believe me, I pay attention. I just remember some people being worried about there just being a generiboss.

But I knew you guys wouldn't do that, haha

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Jaros noooooooooooo

You will be missed. :(

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

IdolNinja posted:

You start the game as Gat, but Kinzie hangs out in the Ultor lobby and you can go there and switch to her at any time. Each character does have some unique commentary collectibles.

Do the cutscenes change or do they always have both of them together anyway?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Yaaaay.

Now to decide how to play this: 360 (Which was my primary full series playthrough), PC (Cause I own all the DLC on that too) or on PS4 when I get one.

... gently caress it, I'll probably own it on all three. :3:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

What in the gently caress was that last post

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

So, I will soon have my hands on a PS4 so I'll be able to play SPECTACULAR NEW (not for PC) GRAPHICS version of SR4. Again. ANd Gat out of Hell.

And I was wondering if there was some way, maybe, there'd be way to port saves from pre-gen console versions to the new one. And maybe creations. I'd just like to have one creation pool. :allears:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

IdolNinja posted:

Saves are platform specific. There is no way to port a save from one console to another. The character upload/download feature is all platform specific. Characters created on one console can't be downloaded by another through the website.

Nooooooooooooooooooooookay. :smith:

I was hoping for the long shot of there being a save porting option like some other cross-gen remakes are doing but I guess I just have
to play it all over again!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

omgomgomg :aaaaa:

The only way this can be better is if the entire thing really *is* a musical. :allears:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

So is there a way to digitally preorder on PS4 that I don't know about? I'd like to be able to preload if it's available.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Yeah, it'll look at the latest save file in SR4 to determine the Boss in Gat out of Hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I'm still sad I can't preorder this on PSN. :(

• Locked thread