Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

There's some interesting back story for CID if you're paying attention to the announcer dialog during Genki's M.O.M. hard activity.

Are you refering to the king from a lost civilization they mention? I thought they were talking about the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

rotinaj posted:

Pierce's rescue mission.

Why is the giant soda can called Paul?

You can get some more info on that if you bring Kinzie and Pierce together and pay attention to their banter.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

nerdbot posted:

I'm gonna guess Zimos comes back in DLC though because the Boss specifically mentions "we don't know if Zimos made it" in the Johnny loyalty mission. Which sucks because I don't like Zimos much.

Enter the Dominatrix is supposed to be the first DLC, and that sounds like the kind of scenario where Zimos would be thematically appropriate.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Rookersh posted:

Enter the Dominatrix brings back Nyteblayde, as he fights a giant monster. Apparently Shaundi falls in love with him. The Saints end up going back in time to ally with the Velociraptors species, marrying Shaundi off to the Raptor King. They then come through time to help fight the Dominatrix, with the Boss riding one into battle. There is also a bit where the ship flies out of a giant Paul, spilling Saints Flow everywhere. Donnie and Zimos return, and become homies. Donnie becomes a superhero.

Jane Austen narrates the into to Saints Save Christmas, mentioning the newly formed human/velociraptor alliance. Boss says gently caress Santa. Shaundi from another timeline comes back to warn them that Santa is actually a tyrant warlord who was held back by Zinyak, but with his death will conquer the galaxy. The Saints team up to gently caress Claus up.

The last scene, which is a photo of the crew has 5 different Shaundis in it.

Go buy the Season Pass goons.

Best money I ever spent.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Crabtree posted:

Was Enter the Dominatrix supposed to release for US on the 22nd? I'm fine with having to wait another several hours, but it's weird that it didn't trigger for me.

More specifically.

Enter The Dominatrix on Steam will release worldwide on Wednesday, October 23 at 2 AM Pacific Time, 9 AM GMT, 10 AM BST, 11 AM CET. To play, just select the new mission that will be in your Quests menu.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Action Tortoise posted:

I got some questions for the achievements:

-For the chariot race, do I also have to kill the furry racers? Those guys are bullet sponges and took forever to blow up.
-When I'm cruising through Paul, do I have to destroy the red cells and the all small black things as well as the green cells to get the achievement?

Can't help you with the second, but as for the first, yes, you do. I recommend bringing the Disintegration Rifle along.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Malek posted:

I've done this. Cyborg Shaundi left for no discernible reason and there was 0 banter from her whatsoever.

Yeah, sadly. I guess my only consolation will be saving Christmas before doing Shaundi's loyalty missions in my next playthrough, and then bringing Cyborg Shaundi to stare at the pair.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Eh, gently caress it, pre-ordered it. It will probably be really shortish and a bit unsatisfying, but I want to finance more Saints Row.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Has anything been said about the music licensed for this round? I fully expect at least one version of Carmina Burana in the classic radio, and probably a return of the metal radio with in-theme songs.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

A reboot as some no name gangbanger in one of the Saints' space colonies, where the local boss is an rear end in a top hat and you end up leading a revolution against him. Make it exotic and cyberpunky.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Well, guess I am lucky this game is only unlocking tomorrow.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Tiggum posted:

People who keep saying stuff like this must be getting some loving amazing DLC that isn't available to the rest of us. All these new activities, targets, powers, weapons, enemies... I mean, what are you comparing it to? Because Gangstas in Space or How the Saints Save Christmas are a tiny fraction of this.

Opposing Force and

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Zaa Boogie posted:

drat, I really want the planet colonization/fight as a real game now.

So I know people have said that it's pretty short even while doing all the story bits but I've put about 10 hours into this thing. I don't *remember* leaving my system on so I've apparently done that legitly! Pretty dang good for 20 bucks.

Right now I'm finishing up the challenges since I've done all the activities and collected all the soul clusters and audio books.

Yeah, I put around 9 hours as well (though some of that was re-doing content in coop) and now I only have a few collectables and challenges left to 100%, pretty good content for the price I paid, all things told.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Maybe it was me playing the Russian boss, but in SRTT I got the impression that Pierce was the one that made the Saints work, since he is the one that brings the rest of the gang to Steelport, leads you through the first missions, finds the main HQ, locates the French rear end in a top hat and is generally the management guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I have a raised eyebrow over Agents of M.A.Y.H.E.M. and I hope it succeeds because I like Volition, but I am not seeing myself buying it on release, specially because my game budget for the rest of the year is already tied-up and it's not like this is Freespace 3 and exceptions apply.

• Locked thread