Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Just caught up and oh my glob The Vault was amazing and nothing at all like I thought it would be. This show seriously has some of the best writing I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Amazing.

So, I tried Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW and found it not really bad as such but just really dull, so I feel no real incentive to play it any longer. So I figured I'd Youtube the relevant stuff. Thus, I wonder: is the reveal of the game (already read the spoilers, but I want to see the full thing) all in one big ending cutscene info dump, or is there gradual reveals throughout a larger part of the game?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

MacheteZombie posted:

someone posted a youtube a couple pages back that showed the entire cut-scene.
Oh, I must have missed that. Thanks, I'll go find it.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Weltlich posted:

Oh come on, don't be a tease like that. We need the whole story, or at least a link!
I would say "enjoy", but it's CWC, and that's never enjoyable.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

japtor posted:

Five Not So Short Graybles
One Really Long Grayble

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

That was... certainly a special artstyle.

Zeruel posted:

Very mixed reception, I like it. Guess I'll have to watch it. Maybe they're saving all the good poo poo for:

As a non-American, what the hell does "6/5c" even mean here? It's not the date and it certainly doesn't look like a time.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Beefstew posted:

It refers to American time zones. Most television stations announce time slots according to the Eastern time (New York, New England, Florida, etc), followed by a second time that's one hour behind (though still airing simultaneously) to represent Central time (Texas, much of the south, the midwest).
Oh yeah, that makes sense. I keep forgetting America takes up so much space it needs more than one time zone.

Five days of Adventure Time in a row and the next season starting with a mini-series definitely makes me tingle with excitement a bit. Also hoping the ghosts from Marceline's past are literally ghosts from Marceline's past.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

That was a good short. PB just stretching her own candy into a new arm was great.

Speaking of arms, I was randomly scrolling through some episodes and happened to notice this in The Tower.

That's not a flower.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Found in the fanart thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8fQ-0uw-l0

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Just finished up Stakes, and in my opinion it was extremely good. Loved the Marceline version of the intro.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Nov 26, 2015

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Okay, so, let me overanalyze for a bit, because I wasn't entirely convinced that the princesses really were the elementals - at least not in the same way as the elementals had existed before, with one person for each element at a time. Given that it didn't seem like candy, slime and flame people existed pre-Mushroom War outside of the elementals (as far as I can recall, and if I'm wrong about that my theory kinda falls apart), and that what the ice elemental used as evidence seemed pretty flimsy - even though PB hasn't been shown to know she could generate candy like that before, it's not like FP is the only flame person able to shoot fire - it seems more to me like the elementals would have turned into the "ancestors" of the current kingdoms. So the candy elemental, or perhaps rather the essence of the candy element, became the Mother Gum - and the others would have been whatever equivalents for the slime and flame people, and they kept spawning (as shown with the Mother Gum) little offshoots that became the people of those elements. So there's no ice people because the ice elemental sealed herself away and never had that happen to her. While that would mean that the princesses technically are elementals, so are all the (not laboratory made, unless PB uses the Mother Gum in making the candy people) people of their kingdoms as well.

Edit: Additionally, in the past, the elementals seemed to always have known they were the elementals, and the princesses appeared to have no idea that they allegedly were. FP has called herself "a fire elemental" in the past, but that seems to just point further at the idea of there not being a singular "the fire elemental" currently (plus she thought Finn was a water elemental so she probably didn't even think about it in the terms of the four primary elements).

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 12:59 on May 26, 2016

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Theeere we go, all caught up. Islands was nice and it especially amused me to hear Swedish being spoken in AT.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

No idea, but I noticed they have a stylized 'A' rune on their telescope:

I would wager a guess that's Marceline. Rather than a stylized A, it looks like it's an M on top of an A, for Marceline Abadeer, she's very commonly seen in blue pants and red boots, and that stone duck has appeared once before, way back in season one... in Marcy's debut episode. So the evidence seems to point to the Vampire Queen hangs around for at least another thousand years.

So anyway. I could probably write a lot of words about that finale, but... yeah. Looks like I started watching AT in July of 2012. Six years. I don't think I've watched any other actually ongoing show to an actual finale that long. Though there's some I currently watch that I'll have been watching for longer when they actually do end.

And not even gonna try to hide that I was very happy about PB and Marcy finally, finally being confirmed as a couple. I didn't think they'd do it but I was glad to be proven wrong. Adjacent to that, I really did expect some kind of conclusion or at least reference to Finn's romantic ongoings, especially since Huntress Wizard was right there.

And hopefully the new comic series (that they're literally calling "Season 11", though Muto said he considered that a bit of a stretch since none of the show staff are involved with it) will be good. And heh, now that I think about it... the final story in the first Adventure Time comic series also had the framing device of BMO telling a story to some people in the future, with PB and Marcy still around and extremely heavily implied to be a couple.

Will happen, happening, happened.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Government Handjob posted:

I'm guessing it's Marceline too and the prisoner in the ice kingdom is probably Pb since New Ice King has reverted to villainy and kidnapping.
Yeah, I was thinking the same. So it makes perfect sense that Marcy would be looking for her.

IUG posted:

I don't see the stone duck in that picture
Uncropped:

And here it is in Evicted!:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

It was Tiny Manticore that suggested she give him a chance as he is, and while she did try, it just reminded her of the old Simon which was too much for her to deal with so she redoubled her efforts to fix him instead. Also, Patience St. Pim cut their first "date" after that short by freezing Betty to use her as a magical battery, so there was that.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

While seeing the video in my recommendations and then it turned out to not actually be available yet because apparently that's a thing Youtube does now bothered me, Binging with Babish is doing an Adventure Time special today and at least I didn't see it until it was only like 10 minutes left so that's gonna be a thing.

Video screenshot promises to take the bacon and put it in a pancake.

Edit: So yeah, that had Prismo's Artisanal Pickles, Special Sentient Sammich and Bacon Pancakes.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I think the implication is that the green stuff that was seen with the mushroom bombs and the green catalyst comet was GOLB's breath. It came to Earth with the comet, and was somehow eventually used in the musroom bomb, thus creating the Lich. The Lich did call itself "the last scholar of GOLB".

• Locked thread