Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

WAR FOOT posted:

Goddamn Atalanta is going to mess up anyone not in cover it is not even funny.

She's going to make Zero-V smoke see a lot more use, yes. But she also has no real defenses, not even a bit of mimetism. Any good link team with a missile or rocket launcher can smoke her out easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Wales Grey posted:

Very interesting list, although I'm not sure if it works right.

What's the lowdown on Nomads? I like the models, but how do they play? Is there a compelling reason why they're a better "infowar" side than Haqqislam? (Basing this observation on Haqq having access to wip 14 as a "baseline" stat for their army.)

Nomads are generally slow movement-wise except for TAGs and remotes, and have less multi-wound infantry and heavily-armored infantry that most other factions. They make up for that with an abundance of cool rules and dirty tricks. They have tons of skirmishers, cheap hackers with plenty of tools (markers, good remotes, infantry with repeaters and other things that synergize well with their hackers.) and access to Hacking+. They have Intruders, likely the best medium infantry in the game, goos options for link teams with flexible Wildcats, tough feminist Riot Grrls and shooty Brigadas.

They also have a good range of TAGs (though many of them have no models out yet) and fun Lt. Options. Their access to special rules and unique gear is really great. Other factions have to make do with total reaction remotes; you have mimetic SinEaters that can shoot like mad in ARO and do all the things remotes can't, like go prone or use cautious movement. You have religious units that let you fight better once you are in Retreat, a good helping of ODD to win firefights, decent access to MSV, cheap warbands, a very good engineer. There's even Cassandra if you want to bring even more dakka as she gives you bonus SWC, something few other factions get.

Generally speaking, Nomads are a bit of a finesse army. They are not much more fragile than other factions, but once you hit them you do need to press your advantage, either by dismantling the enemy's attack power with hacking, controlling fire lanes and so on, or removing key units as fast as possible so he can't hit back as hard.

-AcceptableLoss:
The summary at 1d4 chan is not bad at all:

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Infinity_%28wargame%29

Sephyr fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 3, 2013

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Bob Smith posted:

I see now; now I know the defender's face-to-face roll has one dice to beat all the attacker's To Hits and still be below their BS it changes quite a bit.

Thanks everyone for clearing this up, I'm now very stoked to play more of this.

Good you cleared your doubts. Don't forget that some models CAN use more than one die when firing back (Total Reaction remotes, the Sin-Eaters), which makes them a big threat in ARO. And there are some unusual AROs, such as throwing smoke bombs to disrupt the attacker's LoF. The system is the same, but the effects can change a bit.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

I'm back! Will add poo poo to OP tonight.

Yesss to our TAG overlords this month.

Holy balls. So I'll be getting the Iguana, the Corregidor box, Nessaie alke and Atalanta this month? Guess it'll be one of those 'romantic dates at the park and other free activities' kind of months...

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Duderclese posted:

But on a real note: I need some advice folks.

I first got into this about a year ago. I would randomly play a game here and there in between games of Warmachine(my primary vice).

I love the game and everything about it, even the fan-service sculpts make me laugh. I just have absolutely no idea where to go with my ALEPH starter. I have the generic starter, not the Myrmidon sectorial. And I am simply torn by this great range I have to choose from. I got into ALEPH with the intent of playing a robot army and being all super-cool sci-fi and fancy. But then they have to tell me there are Space Greeks and well now I just don't know.

So I suppose what I am asking is this: What the hell do I look to buy to supplement my ALEPH starter? I really like the look of Posthumans and Proxies. But have no idea how they actually feel on the board.

If you wanna go high-concept sci-fi, posthumans, the Marut and a Deva or two are the way to go. They are resilient, highly skilled, have plenty of tricks up their sleeves, but also have an elite-AI feel: a bit less orders, but tons of tech and options. Here's a sample list on that concept.

ALEPH
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9 0 1

MARUT Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CCW. (3 | 122)
NETROD Electric Pulse. (4)
PENTHESILEA Combi Rifle, Contender, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (46)
PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
PROXY Mk.1 Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (31)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
THORAKITES Submachine gun, Chain Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (13)
DAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 18)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open with Army 4

You have a big honking robot with dangerous weapons, backed by a good hacker, a sniper, a biker with killer CC attacks and an engineer/doctor to fix whomever falls. The Marut,Dakini and Mk2 proxy can both punish enemies at longer range to force him closer. It depends a lot on few models to do the killing,as the netrods and Sophotect won't do much, but played well it can be powerful indeed.

If you want to mix it up, you can replace Penthesilea with a few myrms or thorakitai to replace the netrods and gain access to smoke and more nanopulsers.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Duderclese posted:

Holy crap. This was perfect, thank you. And the best is that you get precisely where I'm coming from! This is definitely something to build toward. Time to sell some Warmachine!

Glad to be of help. Keep us posted when you start to build/paint stuff. I'm finishing my own Marut as we speak and will be giving it a real test soon. Just remember that the thing with most TAG/elite lists is support: don't trust you heavy hitters (Marut, Penthesilea, sniper Posthuman) to do all the work singly; have them reinforce each other. Let the sniper cover the Marut's advance so no one can just pop in and toss an E/M grenade or missile at it. Don't pit your TAG against an enemy TAG in a fair fight; feint it closer, then send Penthesilea to murder the enemy with her Monosword, sparing yourself a firefight.

Also, the TO sniper proxy has a side-effect in the FAQ; when you switch active proxies, it will knock you out of camouflage. The easy to to counter his is to deploy it in a nicely hidden spot and/or prone behind a low rise so you can easily recloak and start picking off enemies.

Since everyone is posting their Gecko lists, I guess I can toss my corregidor army for parsing as well.

JURISDICTIONAL COMMAND OF CORREGIDOR
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 0 0

INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 44)
IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 73)
IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife.
WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 25)
WILDCAT Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
WILDCAT (Number 2) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (20)
HELLCAT Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (20)
INTRUDER (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (36)
CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (18)
ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Electric Pulse. (8)
ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

It's not as fancy; The Iguana to offer heavy fire support while the wildcats move, the traditional wildcat link with a defensive hacker, a clockmaker to keep the TAG running, a camo LT to help against assassination and the ubiquitous HMG Intruder, along with a Hellcat for cheerleader murder. The remote is there mostly as a cheap order.

I'm a bit tempted to lose the clockmaker and go for a 5-link, though.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Wales Grey posted:

How does combat camouflage interact with hacking, anti-hacker attacks specifically, if at all?

i.e. If I have a Hacker Zero as a camo marker, and he attempts to use anti-hacker protocols on some other hacker (who doesn't have any levels of MSV), is the roll FTF or uncontested?

It's a FtF roll because hacking does not require LoS or LoF, I believe.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Celestials might be the best sectorial line troop in the game. Not that expensive, linkable, lots of options, cheap LT with good WIP, and fast.

As people said, Tigers are among the top drop troops in the game, though most are rather good in my reckoning. Hellcats are cheap, Gao-tarsos have the extra pseudo-wound of their symbiont armor to keep them kicking rear end in the backfield longer, Ekdromoi get super-jump to retain great movement after the drop. Where the tiger really shines is having Mimetism, meaning it is harder to hit when people finally try to deal with him, and his amazing BS of 13 while losing no armor, WIP or anything compared to other choices. As if that wasn't enough, it also can bring a handy flamethower to burn annoying ODDs and TO camo right off.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Very cool Nesaie mini! though I dread painting those hexagon-pants with all my might.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Tardscream posted:

There's a Vedic sectional for aleph in the works that'll be all about robodudes and cyberbabes. But that won't be for a little while yet sadly.

I really hope they make some new HI for the Vedic sectorial, something cheaper and linkable. I like the Asuras but they cost an arm and a leg; for their cost, most other factions are putting medium TAGs on the table!

An Impersonator would also be cool and very much in line for the S.S.S.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
So finally gave Battlejesus Phoenix a try, and he passed with flying colors. He's amazing if your enemy likes to bring HI links or medium/light TAGs. Put him in cover from a distance and the B3 rocket launcher is a thing of beauty that will win you most firefights provided the enemy has no visor that pierces your ODD. He keeps them making flame saves again and again until they inevitably fail.

As long as you can see a leg or legal limb to start firing, he can put out so much template fire that even the scatters are good. Infinity is already a game that punishes bad deploys more harshly than most, and a linked ODD blast weapon really makes you feel sorry for the other guy.

I have to say that I really like the way they built the linkable Homeridae. They really make taking Achilles optional since you can get his firepower (Eudoros) or melee prowess (Ajax) cheaper and linked, but not as durable.

Has anyone given Machaon a go? I'm not sure how he'd word (linked with Ajax to keep him going?) since his use of the Doctor skill breaks links.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
That table looks insanely cool, Corbeau. If we had one like that it'd take a tow truck to drag me from the club.

And can we have pics of the red Marut? I'm almost done painting mine in the usual Apple white-gray and would like to see some alternatives. For when I can field two of them in the Vedic sectorial, I mean. :roboluv:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Pierzak posted:

Also, this. Don't buy the Kool-Aid that vanilla is dead and links are king. Vanilla has a ton of awesome options. Tiger soldiers? vanilla. Hac Tao? Vanilla. Naffatun? Vanilla. Exrah and EI constructs (including the mighty Anathematic)? All vanilla.

Hear, hear. I really, really hope CB manages to keep the balance between vanilla and sectorials so that both remain interesting and play-worthy. Objective missions may be a big factor in that since not many sectorials can field a good hacker/doctor/engineer spread.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Direwolf posted:

If you're serious I might be interested in buying it!

A good option for Infinity terrain that we found are those yellow plastic half-boxes that are used for wiring and conduit. You can find them in most construction material, electrician supply stores, in square, rectangular and circular shapes. They have gaps cut in to hold place for plugs that can easily become doors and windows, too. I'll take a few pics and post them up here soon so you guys have a better idea.

Sephyr fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 18, 2013

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Germ posted:

As Pierzak said, Morlocks are pretty great. Of the seven point chain rifle variety. With markers on the moderators, it can also be really easy to add a Vertigo zond (and maybe a Reeaktion zond for protection) and go the dirty nomad route. Making the zero a hacker can also help in that respect - combat camo hacking is great. I love me some Bakunin, but have ever been too excited about Morias or Grrls. I prefer putting more models on the board, saving the elite, expensive models for Corregidor. Max moderators are a must for a decent and cheap link team. Make sure you have a spitfire in there!

Riot Grrls are very cost-efficient when it comes to HI, though! I've been tempted to get one for my vanilla list to get a 2-wound blunt instrument and not have to rely so much on finesse.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
ALEPH has some pretty nifty, durable units, but most of them start at the 40-point range or uniques so they'll usually be one of a kind.

If you ask me, the only truly badly costed models in the game are chainrifle myrms, tiger soldiers, haramakis, magister knights, aquila guard, chasseurs, lasiq and naffatun, Some by just a bit, others by a fair amount, to the point that they can easily become a crutch and pretty much force your hand in maxing out their AVA.

That on the 'too cheap' side, at least, on the 'overcosted' scale, I see:

-Crane Rank Imperial Agents
-Invincibles
-Marut (in SWC, not points)
-Securitate
-Prowlers
-The old Joan of Arc and Sun Tze
-Almost anyone with a Sniper or Multi Sniper rifle.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Ghulams were considered slightly pricey before the Torakitai(?) came out, then they just shat on Ghulams' point cost. It's pretty bad.

Agreed. Can't believe I let the thorakitai out of my little list. Other than being slow for a line troop, they are pretty much all gravy.

Also, the multi rifle has indeed shown its value in several games here as of late as we learned to pick the right model for the right firefight. It won't drop TAGs like flies, but it will rid you of tricked-out medium infantry, skirmishes and whatnot like a charm. I still with the AP rounds also worked against cover, though.

My beef with the multi (and non-multi) sniper riples is that the SWC and point cost doesn't really gel with the superior burst and range from heavy MGs (and that often cheaper to boot!), when they only have a bit of extra ARO punch going for them.

You don't usually want to let skirmishers and other sniper-toting troops visible during your reactive turn, lest they get smoked by linked HMGs and missile launchers, TAGs and Aquilas, so the ARO advantage is usually moot compared to better range bands and burst in your active turn, as well as link ability.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
The Iguana managed to top all my expectations. Though it does seem a bit too big for a light TAG. I'm getting it anyway, of course.

Also, does anyone have a specific plan/counter for O-Yorois? That bastard is so cheap and durable that he can easily march forward, sending koalas high to kill your skirmishes, and flame your base before shooting up survivors, while still leaving room for a domaru or haramaki link team.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

For O-Yoroi, I've found that you just can't leave an angle for it to attack opening, lanes need to be shut off with Mines and E/Maulers, Supressive fire corridors and multiple ARO covering points to stop the initial TAG shock. After that you can basically just box it in to stop it pushing too far up ahead on its own and cut off its support. I play a lot of Nomads though so that's my usual choices. What faction in particular are you playing?

I play both Nomads and Aleph. Nomads usually suffer more as ninjas and link teams get rid of my repeaters/remotes that could help in hacking the drat thing, and they have less NWI that let you survive a HMG ARO and no smoke to cross fire lanes safely. I'm going to try and add a HMG Hellcat to either ambush it from behind or kill its cheerleaders while he is clearing the way during the first turn.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Alke and the Iguana for me. And a Corregidor box if I can fit it in without the shipping cost to Brazil exploding.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Bob Smith posted:

I don't know if anyone else has tried this but while dry-fitting the bits for my Devabots (not looking at the picture, stupidly), I kept trying to fit the torso on upside-down (so the fuel tank and pelvis became an ostrich head and spine, while the actual head became a bulkier pelvis). It means the arms are mounted a bit lower on the body but I think it looks quite good.

Would a conversion like that be OK in game terms or would it cause any major LOS/modelling for advantage issues?

Measuring and LoS in the game is done from the center of the base, so I don't think most conversions would offer too much advantage. Some dynamic poses can leave arms/legs reaching and more visible, but it's not usually a factor. At least, not enough to motivate people to convert and change the models into static, pillar-like shapes.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Bob Smith posted:

Had a distinctly unfortunate game tonight; my opponent brought his shiny newly painted Djanbazan Lt ready to even the odds against my TO Camo and ODDs, turn 1 order 1 brings it up to shoot my Proxy sniper and proceeds to roll 19, 19, 20 to hit. The sniper takes an ARO to fire back and promptly crits the Djanbazan with a DA shot, who then failed his other save and went from "alive" to "dead" without achieving anything.

Command passed in the Haqqislam force to a Janissary, who decided to try and avenge his former commander by opening up with a HMG at the now-revealed Proxy.

He rolled 4 misses, and took a Double-Action round to the face to fall unconscious. When the same thing happened to a Ghulam shortly afterwards, we agreed perhaps this game was a non-starter.

Remember that a TO proxy drops out of camo when it becomes the active proxy, so unless he decloaked, recloaked and then shot your guy, he could not have pulled that off. Your bad luck was mostly to blame, but that doesn't mean your opponent gets to do stuff that is not allowed.

A few games ago my friend's HMG Hellcat spent 5 orders over 2 game turns trying to shoot down a Netrod in my backfield, unopposed. It was ridiculous. Either he'd miss all shots, or I'd make all the ludicrously high saves. Wish we were filming it for a batrep.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
What others said. Most times your Devabot will be a defense against people rounding corners, dropping via AD, or relying on ODDs to approach.

To use it offensively, you will usually need smoke covers or a really aggressive enemy that leaves worthwile units nearby. If you have a Chain or Command model you may try and sacrifice a wound on the Deva and his bot to flamer something really vital (a TO heavy infantry or TAG). But usually, he is there to add punch to your general advance, not to go forward and rambo things.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Pierzak posted:

And more to the point: these bases actually save a lot of time in greenstuffing/filling extra holes in standard ones, especially once you get to models with shorter tabs. You're looking for :effort: in the wrong place.

Thirded and fourth'd. A big factor in me dragging my feet over giving my infinity custom bases was the hassle of filling/covering in all the giant slots. I've managed to get over it for my ALEPH and give them passable urban bases, but my nomads are still waiting, probably because they have even more of those tiny tabs.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

gobbledygoat posted:

I had a sierra dronbot make four armour saves against some uberfallkommandos, that drone went on to murder three times his points... MVP :panoc:

No kidding. I was making insane saves tonight. A lowly Devabot out of cover saved three HMG shots, then a myrmidon took two boarding shotgun blasts at optimal range without blinking. I honestly would not have won if pretty much everyone didn't pass at least one more save than it would have been wise to expect.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Not trying to sound clever buddy, but if a sniper can spot your entire force (or even half of it) from one point, your terrain is hosed and the table is the fault.

This. In our games we learned that having high spots in the DZ is not really an issue on a good board. They key point is making sure there are no huge fire lanes that let 1-2 models dominate the board.

Like wise, removing terrain from the DX and just placing it in the middle is no fix. So many sniper-equvalent models have Infiltration that you may just be making the problem worse, giving a specialist a midboard tall spot while depriving opposing big models of good cover (especially for TAGs) and comparable defensive positions.

Building a good board that doesn't reward camping but also doesn't make long-range fire useless is an acquired skill. You'll know you're there when most of your engagements happen in the 16-24 inch range or close. It's alright to have a few across-the-board kills in a game. When most of them happen that way and there are no safe approach paths that at least let the other model fire at their good range band, then you know it needs changing.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
It lives!

A bit of work on the base and a few washes here and there on the sword and mechanical bits and it'll be done. Sadly the sword came bent and broke easily; pinning it back in place was a pain and it still feels a bit fragile.

Can't wait to field it in my Penthesilea list.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I really like the machete TAG and the new Yu Jing and ALEPH agents. The rest, I'm lukewarm about.

But the soldier standing rigidly at attention makes me smile, for some reason.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Finally gave my Marut a decent spin against JSA, and it performed admirably. Backed by an Agema, it just wasted anything that came close. It fried two Domarus in a single flamethrower burst when they tried to charge it, exploded a ninja hacker who decloaked to try and hack it but failed due to the high BTS, then won a FtF roll against another ninja, a sniper, who tried to plug it from across the board.

Sadly, Penthesilea made her debut in the same game and didn't get to do anything, as the opponent sacrificed his MSV2 remote to rush up and flank her with a spitfire. drat impetuous models!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Not too bad. Having two drop troops means you'll be short on orders at first, but the link team counters that somewhat. Just beware of hidden deployment models murdering a Wildcat as the link comes up and breaking it for good.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
And I was doing so well resisting the holiday consumer urges. I'm already up to "I should give myself a nice Xmas gift" in my list of personal excuses.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
If it's going to be a new player event, 200 points is the best level to keep them from getting overwhelmed with choices. Limiting the mercs on the table can also be a good thing, because every active player will have to deal with a big wall of AROS from the opponent AND mercs, which can make things get slow and frustrating.

Also, scale back Infiltration some to prevent a player from just starting in grenade range knocking the VIP down first turn.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

jammu posted:

Any obvious holes I have in the army? I already have the minis marked with X plus the second GŬILÁNG and KEMPEITAI. Otherwise I'am pretty wide open for suggestions.

My advice would be to lose the Invincible and get a Hsien instead. The MSV2 is a big deal, and it has better stats, protection and the LT option will give you a sweet +1SWC for weapons. Also, the Imperial Agent is -really- pricey. I love the models, but most Agents are way too focused on CC, which is a secondary matter in this game.

As a rule, in Infinity CC models have to be either cheap (most warbands) or also good at shooting/hacking/survival (Achilles, McMurrough).

I suggest you drop the Agent and instead get either a Tiger Soldier (Best drop troop in the game imo) with the best gun you can afford, or get Neko Oyama, who is a CC beast as well bust stronger, cheaper and can fit in a link if you feel like doing JSA later. Alternatively, get Saito Togan or Kitsune for the smoke grenades, which are a huge help to moving your guys across the board (being careful of enemy visors.)

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
So, after the latest Infinity Wednesday at our club, I have this to say: the combo of Marut+Posthuman duo is ridiculously strong. It's very SWC-intensive, but it makes for very sturdy board control. I used two cheap myrms for smoke and a Mk12 Agema for supplemental firepower and was soon putting even enemy TAGs down without hassle.

On another note, I have the worst luck with hacker vs. hacker combat. Every time my Hacker proxy or Thamyris tries to malware an enemy hacker into the ed zone, the other guy gets a crit on the FtF roll. Every single time.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Those tables are simply amazing, Flip.

The brownies by the side on the first picture look decent too.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Pierzak posted:

Lost 6:13 on VPs yesterday, but the game was surprisingly fun. I'm getting better at actually getting turns done in a reasonable time (progress! :haw:) and lost mainly by a brainfart, forgetting to plant 2 monomines in a perfect spot right next to a Myrmidon squad that went on to gather 7 VPs next turn :mad:

Always give minelayers a high priority when it's time to do your orders. Having your skirmisher die with mines still unused on him is a big waste! Especially against slippery targets like ODD myrms. Mines ignore their best defense and can be used to herd them toward your MSV2 ARO troops, if any.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
We're having a big surge of interest in the club: Plenty of people interested in Haqqislam and Tohaa, which I feel I know enough to help with.

However, a friend bought the Acontecimento starter and is asking how to expand it into a 300 point army. I don't know much about how any PanO faction works. Any hints on how to get a workable list for a decent $$ price?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
A little big for the staline, but it's a mean design.

I really want the drat Thamyris model to come out, since it's a mainstay in all my Phalanx lists.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Guess I should thank Games Workshop: two friends from my club who play Tyranids are so pissed with the new codex that they are selling/shelving their bugs and starting Infinity. One is going for Haqqislam (aesthetic reasons) while the other is leaning Tohaa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Deviant posted:

Maybe I should rephrase. I was looking at the army PDFs on the infinity website, and I see full army lists for all factions except the sectorials. Are they contained within the lists and denoted in some way? Why would you take a sectorial over a standard army? Or are all the items in the sectorial not contained within the main army?

Edit: Looks like Sectorial armies modify the AVAlibility numbers?

Sectorial armies have different AVA values for their units in exchange for having a more limited set of choices; you don't get to pick chinese troops when playing Japanese Sectorial army, for instance.

In addition, sectorial armies can have units form "link teams", or fireteams: up to 5 of similar models banding together and acting like a unit, receiving several bonuses for it: increased order efficiency, firepower and ease of detecting enemy camo and ambushes.

• Locked thread