Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is there a mod out there that can bring health/mana/stamina potions more along the lines of The Witcher? Basically i'd like to instead of having a instant heal, rather have a potion that gives me a small heal over time for maybe a couple of minutes instead. I found some mods that were on the right track, but the duration was only from like 5 seconds to 25 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Gyshall posted:

I'm using Immersive Potions for the over time aspect, but I haven't found a mod that adds longer duration "flask" effects. I would loving kill for one, though.

Yeah, thats one of the ones i thought about in my post also. The duration is just too short tho.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Gyshall posted:

I found Vile Concoctions by the guy who did Grimy Utilities and SkyTweak, but it is a little more than what I want in a potion overhaul.

I'm actually working on an alchemy mod/overhaul, I'm almost done planning all the features that I want and how I'm going to do them, so hopefully I can make something cool.

Yeah, saw it also, but i don't want like 99% of the features in it :v: Oh, well, guess your mod is our only hope then! Looking forward to seeing it :)

Just making potions work over time feels like a easy fix anyway, just a matter of changing the ingredients from insta-restore to the over-time restore one, but i have never messed with the alchemy system before. Might take a look at it if i get bored.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Gotta sing praises for the CTD fix posted earlier in this thread. (http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/1vjcuw/ctdfreeze_memory_fixes_this_guy_pretty_much/) I started getting crashes when traveling fast, such as werewolf sprint, but after putting in that fix it just never happens anymore. Most hilarious thing is that i can see that the game stutters a bit and so desperately WANTS to crash, but then the game just continues and goes "Oh, we're gonna keep playing? I remember when i was in charge :("

And a mod question:

Is there a mod that gives you skillups also when in werewolf form? I remember back like a year ago there was one that gave you one-handed skillups from using your claws atleast, maybe more, but i can't find it anymore.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

kedo posted:

With Realistic Needs and Diseases my drink from stream hotkey does nothing. Similarly the power just makes the fizzle noise and gives no messages, and bottles juts pop right back into my inventory as empty. I'll be standing chest deep in some water trying this... Is this a bug or am I messing something up?

Do you have any of the water mods installed? Such as Pure Waters or W.A.T.E.R. You have to tick the compability patch in that case, vice versa if you ticked one of the patches without having one of those mods installed could also produce that bug.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I got a problem of my own actually, i get one single severe framedrop each time i open/close a container and when i switch weapons/spells/abilities via hotkey's. Anyone know any usual suspects for this? I don't have any hotkey mods, any HD weapon textures or something that should influence this and it happened at a point where i had not installed any new mods.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Dongattack posted:

I got a problem of my own actually, i get one single severe framedrop each time i open/close a container and when i switch weapons/spells/abilities via hotkey's. Anyone know any usual suspects for this? I don't have any hotkey mods, any HD weapon textures or something that should influence this and it happened at a point where i had not installed any new mods.

In true Skyrim fashion i figure it out when i post for help ofcourse. I noticed that it happened even when i pressed hotkeys that did'nt have anything attached to them, and from there it was a pretty logical leap to look at Equipping Overhaul and the Geared Up feature. Everything fine again when i disable "Geared Up".

Gotta say tho, not really ready to give that up, it looks so cool. Gonna see if i can figure something out.

Edit: Anyone know how you check what your papyrus/scripting lag is? I wanna see what mine is at and if that might be related.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 24, 2014

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Are there any risks with using mods that alter the respawn time for cells? I play on timescale 10, so days move past quite a bit slower and i like it that way, but the world can be a bit stagnant.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Gyshall posted:

Timescale changes only really gently caress up the original Helgen sequence. If you're running an alternate start mod, this isn't really a problem.

Yeah, that wasn't at all what i asked tho.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

a kitten posted:

Do followers normally go into relax/loiter mode, or is that from the follower tweak addon I'm using? In any case it cracks me up when my Dark Elf mage wife decides that she needs to start blacksmithing right now while I'm discussing some quest with someone, or eat a Jarl's food, or start cooking at some random campsite somewhere.

Only Serana and other DLC followers should do that out of the box. If you figure out what mod does it, post it here, cause i want it :)

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is there a mod that makes crime bounty decay over time? For some reason i thought the game did this out of the box, but it's been months since that little incident with the Thalmor woman in the Falkreath inn and my bounty has not gone down by one septim.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Anyone got any experience with this mod?: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31325/ (realtime Dragon Flight)

I used the simple version last playthrough, which is basically just a ini tweak to enable features that Bethesda more or less completed, but were unhappy with. I'm curious about the more advanced version this time tho since the flightmodel seems to have been upgraded and made less janky. But the mod also smells like buggy and unfinished.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 27, 2014

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Nymix posted:

It's a great mod and it works, but at the moment I don't use it. I'm sorry this is probably about as clear as mud, but there was a bug I noticed a while back where Odahviing would randomly appear on the ground when exploring - it was impossible to interact with the dummy Odahviing, but I'd hear him spout his lines when I walked past. Some dummies became permanent whilst others were temporary.

Even so I play mainly as a mage, and with way over 100 spells on my favourites menu (sorted into groups), it's extremely infuriating when the majority of my spells are removed from the menu as they're disabled when riding a dragon. They're not re-added upon dismount.

Aw, okay, i'll skip it then. Thanks!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Guys, guys. Guys.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50598/
"Princess Horseriding"

Gonna make a buff male orc and install this animation pack.

Edit: Oh, it has breast physics. Now i understand why its one of the top files on the Nexus at the moment.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 5, 2014

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
What's the deal with categorized favorites menu these days? I'm starting to get A LOOOOT of spells and i want to get a bigger favorites menu to see them all at a glance, but i see that it hasnt been updated in like a year. Is there a better alternative or something now?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Praetorian Mage posted:

Sky UI has its own favorites menu now, so that might be why the other favorites mods haven't been updated lately. Personally, I still prefer Categorized Favorites.

Yeah, the SkyUI one is good, i aspecially like the outfit slots, but it's just too small.

Scyantific posted:

Try using CFM - Oni Edition. It comes with an INI file that you can edit to add in whatever you need.

Thanks, i'll look into it!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
To find the form id of a item while ingame use the "help" command. Like this "help "Miraak's Sword" 4", really good for finding items from the base game, dlc's, mods, factions and everything else.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
There would'nt happen to be a list of quests that are safeish to incrementally console complete somewhere would there? I want to zoom past some of the early stuff i have done a billion times.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Scyantific posted:

Not really, but which quests are you exactly trying to burn through?

Specifically i really really wanna burn the optional thieves guild quests until i have done Whiterun and Windhelm. And the College quests, but those are too fragile i think.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is Skyrim Mod Organizer screwing with my Creation Kit? It's my first install that's using the MO and im getting this blocky error on everything thats like fires, fog, wind effects and etc:

It's not happening ingame.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

WastedJoker posted:

Spent a good few hours kitting out Illia with loads of good enchanted gear.

Couple of hours later realised she was no longer wearing it and it has completely disappeared :(

She's a really really bugged follower apparantly. There are mods that supposedly fix her, but i have never used her as a follower myself.

Edit: Unrelated, might be interesting to keep an eye on this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/
Apparantly it can delete scripts from savegames and stuff, i don't currently have a broken save to test it with, but maybe it works?

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Mar 24, 2014

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Just played a bit of Oblivion and i really found myself missing some of the casting system there in Skyrim. Is there a mod that gives you a dedicated button to cast a spell with a magical third hand even if both hands are technically holding something? Just really streamlined combat with being able to clutchcast a fireball or whatever.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I'm having a weird ENB issue, i'm using Project ENB. When looking at certain places in the world, seemingly totally random, with or without mods that alter the area my FPS drops to 1 with ENB installed. If i look like 5 degrees to the left or right of the problem area, the FPS returns to normal and if i disable ENB (as in move the files to a different folder) there are no issues. Anyone ran into something like that before?

Also unrelated to that, why does the ENB autism guy hate the nexus so much?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Deltasquid posted:

I have the same thing! Whenever I look at wells, my FPs drop like a brick. Especially in Riften and in Whiterun this is noticeable. Once I look away from the well, the FPS shoots back up. It's weird.

I don't think it's related to wells in my case (there are no wells in some of the problem spots), i have had that problem in the past tho in the exact same area.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Scyantific posted:

Did you guys set the appropriate value for VideoSizeReserved in the enblocal.ini file?

What I mean is that if there's a line in that config file that's got v+2048 in it, then you need to set it to an appropriate value for your video card.

Is VRAM + RAM - 2048 the correct calculation?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Scyantific posted:

Yeah, I believe. Basically if you've got that in your enblocal.ini file then chances are that's what's affecting your fps. Set it to an appropriate value and see if that relieves the issue.

After a quick 15 minute test it seems like this fixed it, thanks! Last install it never seemed to do anything to set that to the appropriate value, but this time i'm actually running at a smooth 60fps even with HD textures this go around, pretty spiffy.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Dongicus posted:

Anyone tried out that epic combat thing?

I'd read the description, but it's by the same retard that did the civil war overhaul.

Nah, i just assume that someone so far up his own rear end and capable of producing a mod description that reads like a geocities webpage brings that level of skill to his mods aswell.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Iunnrais posted:

I've been building Lakeview Manor in Hearthfire, and I've noticed that the weapon racks don't work. Is there any way to fix this? Googling it suggests I should start a brand new game, then build the entirety of the exterior layout without ever going inside, and THEN go inside. Please tell me I don't have to nuke from orbit and start over AGAIN...

Have you tried wielding the weapon AND having it unsheated when activating the rack? That worked for me last playthrough.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Upmarket Mango posted:

What are THE audio mods I should be using? Weapons, armor, music, ambient, whatever, it doesn't matter, as long as it makes Skyrim feel "fuller".

I can't play without the "Immersive Sounds" series, aspecially the magic mod in the serious is really nice and different:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40190/

If you click her username you can see the rest in the series.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Davoren posted:

Didn't someone discover some kind of problem or something with the immersive sounds series? I seem to remember a strong recommendation not to use them, I hope I'm wrong though, would be good to be able to add them.

I havent had a problem i could trace back to it atleast.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of reverse! That reminded me of a question i keep forgetting to ask in here. Is there a very simple mod that does nothing except reverse the vampirism effect? I.E. so you are at your strongest (but not instantly hostile to everyone tho) when you have just fed.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I played this game completely wrong when it came out having never played something like it before, I didn't realize you could fast travel between cities until 15 hours into the game where I pretty much accomplished nothing and quit.

I just got a projector reinstalled it and the SKEE and skyUI (unsuccessfully) You only live once mod (successfully) , oh my god this game is amazing. Any simple other mods you'd recommend for a new player?

You don't need anything else for your first playthrough, better to just keep it as vanilla as possible to make sure your save stays alive.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Has anyone tried to edit the Skyrim music files? I have a mod that imports all the music from Morrowind and Oblivion to Skyrim, but the audiolevels are a bit off. If i edit the musicfiles in Audacity and return them to their original fileformat, will Skyrim poo poo itself down the line or accept them into it's heavily modded bossoms?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Gyshall posted:

Try this one https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30568/

Convert the mp3s to WAV using the instructions.

Yeah, that's the mod i'm already using and i did'nt ask about converting the files, but if Skyrim would accept them again when they are altered.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 26, 2014

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Deltasquid posted:

Are there any mods to pay people to enchant stuff for you? My warrior needs something to sink his money into and I don't want to level enchanting, so this would fix both problems.

Echoing this, but also one for blacksmithing where you don't have to find the resources yourself, but instead pay a ramped up cost to have the blacksmith do all the work.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Myopic posted:

There's this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50546/

I have it installed but I've yet to actually use it. Worth a try. Haven't seen anything equivalent for enchanting though, unfortunately.

e: oh, that one has enchanting too. Too many mods.

This one still requires the resources, it's the one i tried before posting here. I'll have a look at the Honed Metal one tho!

Edit: Tho it seems that one also requires the resources.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Deltasquid posted:

I guess requiring the resources is some sort of gating system to prevent you from crafting ebony armor at level 1 by dumping cash on the smith's lap? :shrug:

It seems to be more a limitation of the engine and incorporating easy support for mods after having a quick look at it. The current mods cheat the system by temporarily giving you X amount of skillpoints in smithing/enchanting, the relevant perks and having the crafting menu open via dialogue with a NPC. That way it's still you doing it and mod weapons/armor/enchants automatically work.

I was looking for something that basically opens up a dialogue with the crafter that goes like: "Hey i wanna order item X", "okay thats gonna cost Y septims based on materialcost+skill level+crafting time and take Z amount of hours".

It's fairly straightforward to create with a hidden quest that uses aliases for the crafters and basically eeevery item you can craft and some kinda complicated scripting, it's just supertedious and i was hoping someone had done it already. Plus it would require a lot of compatability patches for mods, but i personally only use vanilla stuff anyway with meshwork done to support my massive tits and thundertighs.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 4, 2014

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I started working on the "have blacksmiths craft for you" mod then, but i just came down from like a 2 month autismbinge in the Creation Kit working on something else so it'll probably be low priority for a bit while i play Dwarf Fortress and/or go outside.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

The Bee posted:

I've got Hunterborn installed at the same time as a mod that gives alternate spell effects for fire, ice, and electricity. One of them is a chance of automatically cooking meat of a fallen animal. Will this conflict with Hunterborn's animal loot system at all?

The second mod if that helps.

Kinda. Hunterborn spawns items like meat, hide and alchemical ingredients out of thin air via scripting and aliases. The second mod you have probably changes the items that the animal itself has in it's container on death. Thankfully Hunterborn has a option when you access the carcass to "loot normally" or something, the cooked meat will be in that option.

But there should be no harmful conflicts if that's what you're worried about, just a bit akward and the two mods should by large just ignore eachother.

Edit: Just realized that the guy that made Hunterborn is a goon i think, maybe he'll swoop in and give a definitive answer.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Can anyone recommend a mod that makes combat a bit unpredictable again? (Not ASIS.) Just tired of the Power Attack - Stagger - Weak Attack - Power Attack - Stagger routine.
I tried looking at the most popular ones like Dual Combat Realism, Deadly Combat and the like, but it's either questionable design decisions like normal attacks staggering or 3 year old dirty edits that the author never cleans cause "uh, i don't wanna".

• Locked thread