Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

ijyt posted:

Also is there an alternative to Armed to the Teeth? The amount of glitches that has is atrocious and at this point I'd rather just play in first person. Further, I have no idea how to setup Joy of Perspective to work properly with bows when sneaking, the aiming is always so out of whack that I can't hit anything (which is a shame because otherwise the mod is great).

There's this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

Has anyone used this mod, and if so is it as incredibly janky as it appears?

Emong
May 31, 2011

The guy behind Apocalypse Spell Package released Thunderchild a few days ago and it looks pretty cool. It adds a bunch of new shouts and some little minigames to play to unlock them.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Emong posted:

The guy behind Apocalypse Spell Package released Thunderchild a few days ago and it looks pretty cool. It adds a bunch of new shouts and some little minigames to play to unlock them.

I'd just like to point out that one of the 3rd level shouts in this mod lets you explode the sun. That is all.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does Convenient Horses still add that stupid "Whistle, whistle or whistle?" dialogue option to every single NPC or did the author have the good sense to remove it?

Still there, last I checked.

Emong
May 31, 2011

I think you can use SPERG's perks and SkyRe's everything else somehow?

Emong
May 31, 2011

Zarlog posted:

When trying to install SkyUI v4.1 through Mod Organizer v1.0.11, I keep getting this error message:

I followed Gopher's video guide to installing SKSE (v1.06.16), so I'm not sure what I'm missing. And my Skyrim is v1.9.32.0 for Steam. Any suggestions?

Ignore it. MO isn't letting the installer see the actual Skyrim directory so it can't tell SKSE is installed.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Kilroy posted:

MO: the cool mod manager for cool people all of who have to come to this thread for help when it doesn't loving work.

But yeah, still earning that glowing recommendation in the OP :rolleyes:

Yeah, I also don't understand why people that are having a problem with something post about it more than people that aren't having any problems with it.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Im_Special posted:

Another quickie, there seems to be another clash of info going on between BOSS and Wrye, I'm not sure which one to listen to.

From the BOSS picture earlier and using the Unofficial Skyrim Patch as the example, BOSS said Delev,Relev,Stats, but in Wyre it just says Delev,Relev. Do I follow BOSS and add Stats or listen to Wyre here?

EDIT: Oh god another one, there seems to be some conflicts here, any idea how to solve them?

For the first one, you can add it but it won't do anything for you since you don't have any other mods that alter stats anyway.

The second doesn't actually look like a problem. It's just telling you those files are overwriting another mod's files, and all those need that to happen in order to work correctly.

Emong
May 31, 2011

So in SPERG, is it intentional that the Spectral Warding perk from the illusion tree doesn't stack with the Mage Armor perk from the alteration tree? Because it doesn't right now.

I have Ironflesh going and it gives me 5% magic resistance if I take the perk, which matches up with the 80 armor the normal spell gives, but not the 320 the buffed version gives, which makes me think there's a bug in there somewhere.

Emong
May 31, 2011

seorin posted:

It's been long enough since I made it that I don't completely remember, but I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be stacking at all. Spectral Warding was intended for use on light armor wearers (though it obviously works for heavy armor wearers, too). Alteration already gives a lot of magic resistance, so it would be a little unbalanced if it powered up Spectral Warding as well.

Make sense to me. Also I just noticed that apparently Better Vampires is giving me 5 armor for being a vampire, which is probably what's triggering that little bit of magic resistance.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Petah posted:

I just entered Falskaar last night but I didn't make it very far. I cleared the first cave of bandits and I was just about the free the guy from the cage but nothing will happen. Clicking on the cage door or the chain does nothing and the two NPCs just stand there doing nothing. Be sure to have a save game you can revert to incase this happens. Keep your eye on the nexus forums as some other people are having the same problem.

Alternatively: Bring Serana. Unless something's changed since I last played, she'll run right up to that chain and pull it over and over until you leave.

Emong
May 31, 2011

That's especially funny because I remember seeing a comment from him on the last video of Gopher's Falskaar videos where he said he's never actually played through the entire mod from start to finish.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Shadeoses posted:

What's some good unarmed fighting mod? I'm not looking for a complete skill tree addition, but maybe some cool wrestling moves and finishers while making punching viable.

SPERG ties unarmed damage to Pickpocketing and makes it raise like a normal skill. It doesn't do anything for the actual combat, though.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Entropic posted:

I wonder if anyone's made a child soldier mod.

There's a mod that lets you take kids as followers.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Grondoth posted:

Then I met the old man who married his daughter. Now I'm not too sure anymore.

There's also that priestess of Dibella that only talks about how much she loves sex.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Are we talking about inconsequential npcs or something else?

The one I mentioned was from Interesting NPCs. I dunno about the others.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

As for SPERG, do i need to manually go into the Skyrim Uncapper mod settings to alter perk gain to only be every 2 levels, or does SPERG do this automatically if i have Uncapper installed?

So long as you put the .ini that came with SPERG in the right place.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

A few SPERG questions

The Description page on nexus says that you get a semi-random skillup EVERY time you complete a quest, however i just did some small quests in Whiterun (Fetch the amulet in halls of the dead, get Michael off Carlottas back, give the Sword to the Jarls advisor) however none of those granted me a skill-up. I did get some skill-ups when completing quests yesterday, but those were bigger quests; do you not get skill-ups for a certain type of quests? (i.e. very short ones). Or are certain types of missions considered "tasks" instead of "quests"? (or something like that)

If I remember correctly it has to increment the "Quests Completed" counter in your stats, and Bethesda was kind of inconsistent about what quests do that.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Preem Palver posted:

Is it just me, or is the Fort Urokk quest in Falskaar utter bullshit? The mod has been very well balanced for my level range (late 20s) so far, making this even more surprising, but suddenly you're fighting 20-odd Bandit Marauders in an enclosed space, immediately followed by fighting another dozen high-level hostile NPCs. You have five allies at this point but all of them are utterly useless, doing nothing more than taking a hit or two before going down. Within ten seconds of both fights starting, I was being hit by at least half a dozen melee guys as 4-6 archer NPCs peppered me from afar, all of which were at least level 25.

Does the rest of Falskaar's main questline tone down the combat from this, or should I just come back in 30 levels when I can actually take being attacked by a dozen level 25 guys at once?

I did Falskaar at level 40-something and the last few quests were full of stupidly strong enemies and allies that cause you to get a fine (and thus turn on you) if you hit them.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Both Demon's/Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma implemented arbitrary body shapes (within limits) and all the armor worked fine, why couldn't Bethesda do it? They've been using this engine for quite a while now.

They probably don't consider it to be a feature worth adding.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Talmonis posted:

What's a good way to be a cloth wearing mage as a primary playstyle? I've always relied on armor or stealth to survive, especially at early levels.

SPERG has an Alteration perk that makes the armor spells permanent (and level Alteration like an armor skill), and that works pretty well.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Anyone around here have an opinion on Wintermyst?

Emong
May 31, 2011

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Any way of making a cool lich? Any mods that would support that?

There's a mod called Undeath that adds a big quest to become a lich and adds a transformation. Never played it so I dunno if it's buggy or anything.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Frankly posted:

On a similar note - does anyone have any Vampire/Werewolf overhaul mods that they can recommend? Basically I'm just looking for something to make both forms a little more risky (proper sun penalties, lunar transformations) and a little more interesting. I've found Heart of the Beast (better werewolf sounds, howl at the moon sort of stuff) and Bloodmoon Tales which adds moonlight transformations, werebears, hunters coming after you and stuff which seems neat. Haven't tried either yet though so I don't know if it works well!

But Jesus Christ it's pretty much 50/50 on whether a mod page is actually going to tell me clearly what the mod does or devolve into someone's vampire/werewolf/anime/ fanpage, any suggestions you guys have would be awesome.

Also I managed to mostly remove the problems I was having with SPERG's Phantom Beasts perk - I believe it was being triggered by a dodgy workshop mod not being properly installed. Bears/Spiders/Deers get desummoned once battle's over now! :dance:

Better Vampires is the go to vampire overhaul for Skyrim, I think. It's got a ton of options you can fiddle with, too.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Bouchacha posted:

Swift Potion Reborn would help in streamlining potion use, but is there something that reduces how spammy potions are? It's kind of silly that you can pause mid-combat and gorge yourself on restore health until your eyes bleed.

Toxicity does that pretty well, I think.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Smegma Princess X posted:

So I have been voluntold into helping my roommate fix her Skyrim game. I don't know a whole lot about troubleshooting this junk, but here's some pics of the mess she's in.

http://imgur.com/a/OgdP5

Also I am very sad that she doesn't have SPERG installed.

Well for one, the unofficial patches should be ordered like this and should be ordered like that in her actual load order too. The sort button should be taking care of that, though.

Emong
May 31, 2011

I'll always remember where I was the day the modding died.

Emong
May 31, 2011

That Ignorant Sap posted:

I haven't tried this SPERG patch myself, but it does seem interesting.

I dunno, it removes Brigand's Brew and Drunken Rage, so you can't get drunk off your rear end and punch Alduin to death. Or at least you won't get bonuses for doing it.

Emong
May 31, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

I've noticed that LOOT likes to sort the unofficial patches directly after their corresponding mods, so the plugins end up alternating between them (DLC1 - UnoPatch1 - DLC2 - UnoPatch2 etc). Is there any benefit or detriment to doing this over loading the DLCs first and then the patches in separate batches (DLC1 - DLC2 - UnoPatch1 - UnoPatch 2), or does it not matter in the slightest as long as the patch is loaded shortly after their required plugin?

I've assumed that it's the latter, I just wanted to make sure .

All that said, I'm guessing that LOOT simply sorts them that way because it's programmed to sort the patches as high up in the load order as possible, is that right?

The former is correct. poo poo can get wacky if they aren't sorted that way.

Emong
May 31, 2011

My favorite part of Skyrim Unbound is finding out you're the Dragonborn while you're out in the woods and a dragon falls through the world out something near you.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Set it to give .5 perks per level.

Emong
May 31, 2011

I had that problem. I just enabled the extra BSA that comes with it and it went away.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Mazz posted:

Is Immersive Creatures any good? I'm putting together a pack that is straight up the Skyrim Revisited guide from the STEP site (just want to compare it with my own mod/ENB stuff, see how it looks) and the screenshots don't give me much hope.

It's not bad if you set it to lore purist mode or whatever it calls it. It can sometimes be bad about spawning monsters that are much more difficult than you can handle early on.

Emong
May 31, 2011

WarLocke posted:

The Nexus page for SPERG says it requires an uncapper - how does that work with the feature in Dragonborn where you can 'reset' a skill to keep levelling?

Imperious seems like a pretty cool racial abilities overhaul, but I don't know what I'd want to use for a perk one. SPERG looks neat, but that requirement... And there was another one, Perkus Maximus? I checked out as soon as I read that it needs its own .exe running in the background...

SPERG only uses the uncapper to modify skill increase rates and how often you get perks, so that's fine.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

When using SPERG or Path of Shadows, is it normal to level up Light Armor just from running? It does not seem normal. On the other hand, maybe it's not super-broken since I rarely get a chance to be hit (since I do most kills from behind).

SPERG does that. You should be able to toggle out in the MCM if it bothers you.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Hey, Tamriel Online has functioning NPC synchronization now. On top of being way further than any other Skyrim multiplayer mod has gotten, it means it's possible to play Skyrim with friends and do quests together and poo poo.

The dream is real.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Ofecks posted:

This sounds awesome as poo poo. Also unarmed damage scales with Pickpocket (!) skill (plus has a crit bonus at 100), and there's a buff in one-handed at 55. Punchcat just might be end-game viable!

It definitely is. I've run through all the official stuff with a SPERGy punchcat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

Agent Boogeyman posted:

I do wish the series hadn't thrown the Unarmed and Unarmored skills under the bus, though. SPERG at least helps there by linking Unarmed to Pickpocket. Wish it was One Handed though, because... Pickpocket is kind of hard to level if you're not playing a thief.

SPERG lets you level up Pickpocket by just punching things, though. I played an unarmed character all the way through the game with it and never actually pickpocketed anything.

• Locked thread