Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The new season should still show up on Amazon Instant Video tomorrow right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Exploder posted:

The way Charlie delivers the "Hoo-ly poo poo. Dennis is Spiderman" makes it. I don't think I acknowledged that line on first viewing, but when I re-watched the episode it made me bust up. And you know, in that moment, that Charlie believed it.

Dennis referring to them as "The boys to the men" is where I lost it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've never seen a Lethal Weapon film but I'm pretty sure this is about right for one.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

JD posted:

I have worked "hangs dong" in to my regular vocabulary thanks to this show. Next I'll start using "bozo"

I use "ripshit" a lot when I'm talking about drinking now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought the show was just meanspirited and trying too hard from the ads until someone showed me the community service episode.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

emanresu tnuocca posted:

you're all being science bitches right now, I hope you know that.

I think Science Is A Liar Sometimes is my favorite thing from this show.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

The whole episode was a pretty good riff on the Sartre play 'No Exit' (except for the lack of sexual tension).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Exit

quote:

Parodies

Talk Show From Hell, a modern parody by Jean-Noel Fenwick, was produced by the Open Fist Theatre in Los Angeles, CA, in 2000.[7]

On Doorway to Hell, a parody of anthology television shows that ran on Second City Television, host Lin Yee Tang Dave Thomas introduced a story called Man in a Box, only to ruin the story in his monologue by revealing that the box is in fact Hell itself.

In episode "Stewie B. Goode" from American television show Family Guy, Stewie Griffin gets sent to hell in what seems to be a dream after being knocked unconscious. This inspires him to change his attitude on life. In hell, he walks into a fancy hotel room, and questions if that is what hell is really like. This seems to be a reference to No Exit.

In Season 11 Episode 10 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia entitled "The Gang Goes To Hell: Part II", the gang is locked in the "boat jail" of a religious themed Christian cruise ship after committing various sins throughout the previous episode. The episode borrows directly from No Exit including when they all try to no speak to each other and when Charlie thinks they're already dead and shoots himself in the head with a flare gun. It should be clarified however that Dennis's thing wasn't rape.

:golfclap:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've been rewatching all of Sunny again and the change of tone between season 1 and 2 is amazing. 1 is a lot more meanspirited to me. They also keep ramping everybody up every season, it doesn't just start midway through like I thought. On the one hand, they should probably dial things back a bit (though I think Charlie's illiteracy getting worse and worse as he huffs more and more glue is hilarious), but on the other hand I don't know how long it would have lasted if they didn't keep doing that and some of the best episodes were when they just went to town.

Sunny's pretty great guys.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Brawnfire posted:

There's only one way to end it... with a heist movie.

Or a summer camp movie.

I dunno, jury's still out.

The Gang Goes To Heaven

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

aBagorn posted:

Forgot how much I liked the way they played with the format for The Gang Hits the Slopes and integrated all the 80s tropes.

Charlie learned communism. And sex. Lots of sex.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I mean they had Danny DeVito play Young Frank. :haw:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It takes a day for episodes to hit amazon video right?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Missionary Positron posted:

True sunnyheads know that the show peaked with the first episode of the first season, and it's been nothing but downhill ever since

Also, The Mick rules.

I thought it was a movie for some reason until yesterday.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Charlie's life gets a lot darker when it's anyone but Charlie Day. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dead Precedents posted:

Mac mentions when they lived in the Suburbs that he didn't have a dog since Poppins was gone (something like that).

He'll be back.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Gang Gives Back. It's the first one I saw and I feel it sums up the series perfectly.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jerusalem posted:

Charlie's "Actually our test results came back positive that it was gay AIDS..." cracked me up.

I HAVE AIIIIIIiiiiids

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm still disappointed Big Mac didn't take.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jerusalem posted:

I think it pays to remember they thought it was a little skeevy for Dennis to be considering having sex with an 18-year-old high school girl and that was 12 years earlier. It's only gotten creepier since then.

It's also important to remember that Dennis is a baby rapist.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sammus posted:

That's still one of the best ideas Sunny has ever had.

You can buy wine in a can all over the place in DC/Northern VA now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like that Cricket not only considers the gang his friends (mostly) but that he willingly chose to keep with the street urchin life.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought it'd be funny if the series ended with them exactly where they began, nowhere, but I'm coming around to The Gang Gets Everything.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm going to have to find a new regular show if that happens. Any ideas?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'll check it out, keep forgetting about it tbh. The only tv I've really watched recently is IASIP, BB (so not in a while), and Game of Thrones. I've been going through doing catchup on some stuff I've missed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Archer starts up again on April 5th :dance:

Oh sweet, I lost track of that. I still need to see the last season, too...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

When was the last time Artemis was on the show? It's been a while.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lord Krangdar posted:

It's too bad the pilot of The Mick was not very good or representative of the show, because I want to recommend the rest to friends who watch Sunny.

I'm halfway through the season atm and the pilot was pretty boring but the show gets a lot better pretty quickly.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've been playing Talisman on Steam and one character is a troll. You can make characters fight each other and if you win you can take from the loser, among other things, gold.

I've been making people pay the troll toll a lot and almost every time I do someone sings the song. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Calaveron posted:

Say what you will about the gang but they’re pretty friendly with outside people with Mac cracking open a beer for the pool guy, no hesitation in Mac and Charlie: White Trash

They offered the therapist who didn't do anything some free canned wine for her services too!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Powaqoatse posted:

artemis is imo the best side chracter

shes been away for a while though, where she at?

A dumpster probably

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

AP Bios, pretty good, I think I like it more than The Mick.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I convinced my AP History teacher to let me play Civ 4 and write a report on it for a semester instead of whatever project they were doing. I played on marathon and most of it involved updates about how Egypt's army got eaten by bears again along with the technology quote whenever I invented pots or something.

I got an A.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Yeah but what did you get on the AP test

I forget :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Declaration of Dependence is a great line too

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The worst episode is probably one of the season one ones just because they hadn't nailed the tone yet or gotten DeVito.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Milo and POTUS posted:

They really really hate Chip and its hilarious

He's pretty hateable!

They're getting a lot of mileage out of the Colonel too. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Artemis translated The Nightman Cometh into words for Charlie too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He's huffed a lot more glue and drank a lot more paint since season 2 too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jason Sextro posted:

Yeah this is not a show built on subtle and nuanced characterization. It's not unrealistic that, as their lives progress and their position fails to improve, they'd get more and more anti-social as time went on.

shush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought it was obvious Jack won't take the job because his ego won't let Miles give it to him.