Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Total Meatlove posted:

There must be a couple of UEFA members making GBS threads it at the moment as well. I know England had 'friendlies' and 'development funds' go to Warner by way of Trindiad and Tobago, I don't doubt that it happened a lot elsewhere either. Look at the fine Rumminegge got for his forgotten watches, and how the tendrils of this are going to start reaching into the domestic club sphere as well.

Thank god yanks hate football.

The head of Australia's FA said publicly that our World Cup bid team paid $500,000 for a "new stadium in Trinidad" directly into Warner's personal bank account lmao

They of course only mentioned it after he voted for Qatar anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
During the world cup period FIFA basically becomes an extra-judicial entity; remember they had their own law courts etc in South Africa. So Qatari laws will be ignored/exempted as FIFA see fit and anyone protesting or causing trouble will get thrown in jail as usual.

FIFA will do everything they can to ensure that the Qatar World Cup looks as normal as possible

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

JunkDeluxe posted:

Apparently Blatter almost died

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34898229

Next quote from him will be that he met Jesus, and Jesus told him he was destined to save football this christmas.

United Passions: Christmas Special

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Karl Sharks posted:

I thought we're supposed to refer to them as Daesh now?

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if FIFA officials have met with Islamic State to discuss setting up an ISFA

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Imagine how bad the 2022 World Cup will be with Qatar in Pot 1 lmao

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Vinestalk posted:

It's super good. Check this poo poo out:

Yeah but are there any negative side effects

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

brocked posted:

Can't wait for the World Cup draw, live from Seatopia

Hosted by Gianni Infant-ino

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Pokemon Goal

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The Man with the Golden Envelope

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

I made the joke at the time but they actually did just mash the big button labelled 'you know what them scousers are like though', incredible

It also seems kind of astonishing that their 20 minutes of actual preparation was also based entirely around this concept

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Cool, the country where women need permission from a man to do basically anything is going to be a sponsor for the Women’s World Cup later this year

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jan/31/womens-world-cup-football-sponsored-visit-saudi-arabia

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Australia will still end up in a group with France and Denmark

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

That's just how he pronounces game, remember he grew up red headed and Italian (imagine!)

Today I feel like a game developer

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Australia again.

Hell loving yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Blatter leaving was the definition of a cursed monkey paw wish