Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What would y'all most like to see put in the FAQ? I've got some ideas but I'm taking suggestions and then I'll edit it.

You point out that Trevor's special ability increases damage dealt in the OP, but it's probably also worth mentioning that it greatly reduces damage taken. I find that part of it to be the main draw, really. Helps when moving to cover or running for a vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I think the epsilon line might be hosed for me. I turned in the 5 cars, saved the game, and got a map icon to progress towards the next step. Instead of heading directly for it I went to Michael's shrink. At the end of it he immediately hit me with his car and I ended up dying, so I reloaded the game and finished it properly. Unfortunately the epsilon icon is now gone. Since reloading I'm no longer getting the text thanking me for delivering the cars. Going back and jacking the cars again doesn't seem to give me any popup or destination. Been playing for hours since then and nothing has changed, even after dying/sleeping/switching characters plenty. Guess I can just never complete that now. Pretty loving annoying.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Sep 24, 2013

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Played a few missions today, and finally got bit by the disappearing car bit. Bought a god damned 3000$ bike and it went poof after I saved it in the garage. I switched over to Franklin and promptly lost a 200k motorbike I had tricked out and chromed, so I kinda quit messing with cars for the moment.

Upgrading anything but the character's default car seems like a huge waste of time and money. Michael's family's cars aren't a bad idea either. Shame Franklin's bike is such an ugly piece of poo poo. I usually ride motorcycles as often as I can in these games, but it's not gonna happen if I have to deal with the arcane arts they call the GTAV garage system. Hell, even when I do put motorcycles into the garage I bought, they seem to lose their radios for whatever reason.

Zedicus Mann posted:

So long as your Gamertag/PSN Name (whichever you're playing on) is linked to your Rockstar Games Social Club account, you can upload them no problem.

I think you may need XBL gold as well, because it doesn't work for me. Dragon's Dogma has gotten me so used to the idea of not being hosed over by microsoft.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 24, 2013

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Grab Meatcastle posted:

I just spent 8 hours finding both sets of collectables. This game.

Is there anything specific I need to do to trigger the next Epsilon mission after the one where I deliver the 5 cars? After the last one nothing new has happened, but I can see from the checklist there's a bunch more. I've watched the presentation and I donated the money and the robes are still out of stock. What am I missing?

It's bugged for some people, myself included. The rockstar support page says they're looking into it.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Gunder posted:

I managed to get the fighter jet into the hangar and have it saved there as Michael. If I fly it out of there and get it blown up, will it respawn back in the hangar, or will I have to go boost another one from the military base?

I took one to Trevor's hangar and it still spawns there after crashing it 3-4 times. Who the gently caress knows what happens if I and it somewhere and leave it behind, though.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Furism posted:

I kind of like Trevor in the 'main' missions ("A thing? What thing? I'm the king of things!" cracked me up), but as soon as you need to go on a redneck rampage or things like that, I'm not a fan.

Trevor going berserk over real or perceived accusations of a canadian accent during the rampage missions is one of the few things I found genuinely funny in this game.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Rirse posted:

Is there a way to get the Bond car you stole from the movie studio?

Apparently you can buy it online, but it has all the cool poo poo disabled. It's just a normal car, really. Shame you can't get that or the armored suit out in the open world.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Speedball posted:

Man, the desert reminds me of so many California desert trips I've made. I can almost pick out most of what they're parodying.

It really is pretty nuts how spot on they were with the game environment. As a SoCal resident, it feels exactly like home. Especially impressive after just coming off Saints Row 4, which was a lot of fun, but Steelport felt absolutely nothing like an actual city.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

A124! posted:

Is there any good places to find the vehicles for the Epsilon people?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I tried going for the bearded, bald, aviatored, badass Trevor that a lot of people here seem to like, but it feels really out of sync with his personality. The creepy and gross kind of Trevor that he starts out as seems much more in character. I've got him rocking the mullet + stubble with some lovely jeans and a tank top.

Hatbox Ghost posted:

Is there any ambient music when you're just swimming around underwater in free roam? I've been swimming around for hours and haven't heard anything. It feels like a missed opportunity considering that they likely could have produced a great underwater ambient track right up there with Jolly Roger Bay.

Speaking of situations that I wish had music, I really wish you could listen to the radio while leveling up strength through tennis. I've resorted to bailing out of a moving car next to the tennis court so the door stays open and the music stays on. It's kind of muffled garbage that you often can't hear from one side or the other, and it cuts out after awhile, but it's better than nothing.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 25, 2013

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Law posted:

Alright so is there any way I can skip the you-know-what mission? I am seriously not comfortable playing that. Shelving the game until I can go back to cruising down highways to Rihanna and stalking celebrities.

I really cannot believe people who would buy a Grand Theft Auto game could be such enormous babies. But fear not, you don't need to shelve this game that you spent $60 and invested a ton of time into just because of a waterboarding cutscene. Apparently you can go ahead and shoot any random person as Michael and it ends.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Apparently getting strength up gives you more health and makes you more durable.

How the hell do you get strength up? I've been playing full sets of tennis but I've not seen the bar blip once.

Totally shut out Amanda, though. This is my court, sweetie. :owned:

Tennis works, it's just slow. Golf seems even slower. Punching people seems the slowest. I've heard you can run out into the countryside and punch cows though, which works okay since you don't get any stars. I'm probably going to try on Franklin since he can't play tennis and golf is excruciating.

That said, don't expect the health bonus to be too significant. I maxed it out on Trevor and Michael and don't notice any difference in survivability.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Stux posted:

Side mission spoilers: I finished the car gathering quest for the epsilon cult, but it won't move on. I have probably slept and played around 20 in game days since i completed it and still nothing.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200299446-Epsilon-mission-not-proceeding-when-delivering-5-cars-in-GTA-V

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah, the cops are way too accurate. Earlier I had my tires blown out in sequence within a few seconds, then started leaking fuel. Ridiculous.

I've had on-foot cops kill me through the fighter jet's cockpit a couple times while flying low. It's insane.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Grem posted:

Aww man, I just realized the tattoo I put on Trevor at the beginning of the game says RIP Micheal Townley :(

You didn't add that - he starts with it.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Cow kicking trip report:
Kicking cows seems like a significantly better way to raise strength than golf. Debatable whether it's better than tennis. Cows are very afraid of the vicious boot-based beatings you lay upon their cow comrades, so you spend plenty of time chasing them around which makes it a half decent way to increase stamina. Tasering fleeing cows is helpful, but it does a fair bit of damage, reducing your kicks per cow ratio. Continuing to kick dead cows has no effect aside from greatly reducing the morale of nearby, temporarily living cows. Other than one passerby's proclamation of "gently caress dat poo poo", nobody cared and no cops were called.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Sep 26, 2013

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

Me too. I have no idea why but I almost NEVER remember to use it, especially outside of missions.

Probably because it's pretty poo poo compared to the other 2. Bullet time isn't all that amazing when you have instant lock on targeting.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

Which vehicles return to your safe house no matter what? Trevor's truck, Michael's red car, Franklin's car and bike?

Yeah, although Michael's car is black. The red and yellow ones belong to his family, and will also spawn back at his house.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

I'm just wondering how to turn off everyone else globally, because that poo poo is going to seriously hamper my enjoyment.

If there isn't an option for it, I'm pretty sure that starting up a party with just yourself in it will block outside voice chat.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Nerolus posted:

I guess I stumbled into some alternate gooniverse where GTA:IV sucked poo poo and the sales and reviews meant nothing at all.

People poo poo on GTA4 all the time. I can't believe this is the first you've seen of it. And I agree with them. One of only two games I've ever gone to a midnight launch for, and what an unbelievably boring experience it turned out to be. Some of the most uninspired and repetitive missions the genre has ever seen, stocked with almost exclusively unlikable and uninteresting characters, set in an open world with very few fun things to do.

Sales and reviews really do mean little to nothing, yeah. For a great example, look no further than the recently released Rome 2, which I picked up earlier this month. Crazy preorder numbers, great sales, fantastic reviews, one of the most blatantly and overwhelmingly broken as gently caress games I have ever had the displeasure of playing.

GTA5 is mostly pretty cool though.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

nasboat posted:

Where is the easiest spot to find cows?

Grapeseed, the farm area to the northeast of Trevor's hangar.

e:fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

As Michael I walked into the high-class hairdresser at night for a quick trim and There was a robbery going on. They ran out with a bag of money and got pegged in the back of the head by me instantly, netting a cool $5,000 for 3 bullets.

This is becoming the new Scooter Brothers.

• Locked thread